PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Global Agenda ... ripped off NC's advertising campaign

Koshinn
30-01-10, 23:38
http://www.globalagendagame.com/Media_Videos_No_Elves.html

Game's being released in a couple of days via Steam... looks kinda good I guess, not so sure, but they totally stole Neocron's anti-elf campaign idea for a futuristic MMOFPS.

It doesn't seem like a persistent, continuous world though. More like a CTF FPS game with some character advancement, clans/agencies, and territory conquest (which I've seen in fighting games even).

nobby
31-01-10, 00:02
The game "Looks" pretty, but tbh, the combat mechanics look ... hmm...

well the right example would be...

Someone playing neocron who was a massive fan of UT and finding his 50 shots to ones head did nothing...

I don't like how it's all spruced up yet you see in the trailer people being blown up to no avail.

hmm...

I'll leave it at that :p

oh and the whole "infomercial" of the trailer feels too geeky to be over joyed about : \

Maybe if they actually had actors rather than the game's Developers try their hand at it...

Koshinn
31-01-10, 00:09
Yeah, the voice actors really suck, and their mocap is ridiculously exaggerated and painful to look at.

The armor they're wearing is completely unrealistic. In modern warfare, you camouflage yourself so you don't take hits in the first place. In Global Agenda, you attach giant neon lights to your armor.

MrTrip
31-01-10, 00:44
I thought it was funny, and that's actually about a year+ old. I've seen it somewhere before.

There is actually an elf girl model in Neocron. Ask a GM to turn into one someday.

Ghostface_Speak
31-01-10, 01:20
wow,this doesn´t look like a ut3 based crossover mix of planetside,ut3 and section 8 at all *clap clap*.hope this game wont die like tabula rasa after one or two years.would be a shame :rolleyes:

Biglines
31-01-10, 01:21
wow,this doesn´t look like a ut3 based crossover mix of planetside,ut3 and section 8 at all *clap clap*.hope this game wont die like tabula rasa after one or two years.would be a shame :rolleyes:
tabula rasa survived a year? thought they closed it down after a few months?

Ghostface_Speak
31-01-10, 01:40
Na,was retail at Nov 2007 and shut down early in 2009.Epic Win.

Guys,im sorry.I know im totally derailing this thread but after reading THIS
i dont want play GA anymore.This sounds like Hellgate to me lol
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62/session/L3NpZC9fNDVPKmpUag==

have fun

Kalonji Faya
31-01-10, 02:35
lol
campaign for GA is the same campaign NC used years ago: No more elvs ...

they seems to be very avant gardist in communication O_o

Kal

aKe`cj
31-01-10, 03:37
nc is simply ahead of everything else by giant leaps :p

... in terms of concept at least - implementation is a different story unfortunately :)

Cadgar
31-01-10, 03:43
i played it a few hours now. gameplay is kind of smooth. if the pvp works out well i see myself playing that for at least a few months :)

dodgetigger
31-01-10, 19:17
Also played it, and I like it. I don't know if it will be able to hold me more than a few months.

Btw, NC had "no more elves", GA has "No elves". So totally different. ;)

But if I remember correctly, that is how they got me: Saw that trailer, and I thought: What the heck, they are stealing the NC campaign!

Garfield
31-01-10, 20:21
lol ye "no Elves"

i like that game, well dont think i will be a longterm go like NC.....

join AfterDark or the NC alliance :angel:

Biglines
31-01-10, 21:35
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143697&highlight=elves

Kanedax
01-02-10, 19:46
Yeah, the voice actors really suck, and their mocap is ridiculously exaggerated and painful to look at.

The armor they're wearing is completely unrealistic. In modern warfare, you camouflage yourself so you don't take hits in the first place. In Global Agenda, you attach giant neon lights to your armor.

Because Regant armor makes sense right?

Koshinn
02-02-10, 02:51
Because Regant armor makes sense right?

Hey I'm not saying NC armor makes sense either.

MrTrip
02-02-10, 03:51
......... In Global Agenda, you attach giant neon lights to your armor.

*cough* (http://www.neocron.org/tank.jpg)

Kanedax
02-02-10, 09:36
Noe Moar Elfs!

rob444
03-02-10, 20:08
I pre-ordered it and I play it.

It's not a bad game. I don't know how the population will be in let's say.. a year. I think there'll be plenty of players in the future...
"Don't judge a book by it's cover", try it out whenever you get the chance (a trial will probably be in place in a not so distant future) and then bury it if you really feel the game deserves it :lol:.

Viper 911
05-02-10, 21:16
yea us boys at EXL are playign it, need to get hold of Retri (stevenj) in game so we can get this NC alliance going :D

Nixon
06-02-10, 14:22
Interesting game - i'll give it a shot!

rob444
06-02-10, 14:45
NC alliance sounds fun, already in an alliance though, hmpf :/

Kamuix99
07-02-10, 18:31
Guys, come to think of it. Because of the "State of the Game (NC2)" you have plenty of time to discuss about Global Agenda.

Seriously, what are you complaining about? The Elves-thing in Necoron was an 2D Mini-Shooter and had absolutley no connection at all with the ingame story. NC2 lies in a comatose state with a letter from the Devs once a year. I wouldn't be surprised if they anounced that soon you can walk over water :lol: