PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting past loading screen

Coid
25-01-10, 02:10
I have been getting stuck on the loading screen randomly, but as of now i cant get past it at all. I had been playing a new character the past few days and origionally i only got stuck on the loading screen a couple times then after a reboot it went to the log in screen normally. Now is anyone else having this issue? I am running windows 7 ultimate and compatibility mode is enabled. help!!

MrTrip
25-01-10, 06:22
I have been getting stuck on the loading screen randomly, but as of now i cant get past it at all. I had been playing a new character the past few days and origionally i only got stuck on the loading screen a couple times then after a reboot it went to the log in screen normally. Now is anyone else having this issue? I am running windows 7 ultimate and compatibility mode is enabled. help!!

Is the client allowed through the firewall? I just disable it all together.

nobby
25-01-10, 11:52
follow my steps EXACTLY whether you agree with them or not :p

Run the game in Windowed mode so you can minimise when it crashes.

Load up task manager and start ending all your User tasks one by one.

If the game doesn't get unstuck, end explorer.exe (This sometimes takes people by surprise and works!)
If that still doesn't work, start ending system tasks, until you find which one is the conflicting one.

Good luck :)

Powerpunsh
25-01-10, 12:19
Any programm u've installed in the past? Like "iTunes" or something? DELETE THEM!!!!!

...just jokeing. :)

Check the programms u've installed in the past and try to find out if you've changed any settings. Nobbys way could help, but i believe you will get some "access denied" messages if you try to end system tasks. :angel:

Some programms are not listed up, but you can find them in the Svchost.exe.
To take a look start your "cmd" and type "tasklist /svc". Now the running tasks in the svchost.exe will show up. Check them!

btw: Maybe you did some updates for windows 7. A light incompatibility with these updates and your current drivers (particular graphic drivers) could make our Neocron crash. Try the latest ones. :P
Do you use this enlightning file which enlights your graphic ingame?(HDR effects if i remember right) Try to sort it out.

Coid
25-01-10, 15:55
woot, first program i closed "aim.exe" now it works great. Thanks guys

zii
25-01-10, 16:21
"aim.exe"

Well, yes. Instant balancing. ha ha.

Dr Phil
25-01-10, 16:56
woot, first program i closed "aim.exe" now it works great. Thanks guys
Haha, thats too funny :D

nobby
25-01-10, 20:56
Nobby was the first to figure this problem out Years ago...

Not even a £1 from KK to say thankyou :p