PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Keyboard & Mouse

Jodo
21-01-10, 08:59
Hey guys, any suggestions on a decent gaming keyboard & mouse would be at the moment?
The Logitech G series has (imo) been the best all-rounders so far for price, function etc, but it looks like they may be replaced soon. I've noticed a few online shops have less of them or none of them in stock recently. So, anything I should look out for? I don't really want to go as high as £150 for the pair but will do if it's good enough. Also, I'll be using them with Windows 7 so bear that in mind if you know of any compatibility issues.

Thanks in advance.

dodgefahrer
21-01-10, 09:06
With a Logitech G keyboard ull be fine (myself using a G15).

Mouse is more different since it needs to fit ur hand and stuff.
I use a Logitech Mx1000 Laser since a few years and im pretty happy with it. Its ergonomic and have a few keys to code by ur own.

vices
21-01-10, 09:51
I can recommend the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. It's really cheap and preferred by many pro gamers too. Amazon lists it at $30, which is more than half off from some of the "brand" gaming mouses, and I've been using this myself for three years now.

It would also mean you could spend more on a keyboard you really like :D

MrTrip
21-01-10, 10:19
I have the Logitech G500 and I like it. Weights ftw.

Kanedax
21-01-10, 11:15
Usin the Razr Lycosa Keyboard and the Razr Deathadder mouse. I luves it.

Biglines
21-01-10, 13:11
funny how people keep blaming keyboard and mouse for their skills, as long as it's an optical mouse and you have a proper surface (not plain wood or a desk, use a proper optical mousepad), it makes hardly any difference if you buy a 300$ mouse or a 30$ mouse... (unless you're one of those ultra sensitivity persons, but then you need huge deskspace anyway) especially if you go for a wireless mouse, since a wireless mouse is always less precise and slower than it's wired counterpart. invest 5 dollars in a proper large enough mousepad and all the accuracy you'll ever need can be bought cheap

unless you're a person that plays in the top leagues of the world, a mouse and keyboard aren't going to make a difference aside from the commonly tested placebo effect, so just buy the cheapest that's comfortable (comfort should be the only reason to buy a specific set). The only significant difference in gaming was the switch from ball mouse to optical mouse

zii
21-01-10, 17:23
I have a bouncy Sony Vaio keyboard and a Sony skype mouse (It has a laser in the bottom so no mouse-ball to pick up the dust).

The mouse flips open to take or receive calls. Its plastic and flmsy, but looks nice. I used it on top of a formica type table without any mousemat: You don't really need one.

Not recommended for those with large hands.

Attached piccy.

Biglines
21-01-10, 17:48
I have a bouncy Sony Vaio keyboard and a Sony skype mouse (It has a laser in the bottom so no mouse-ball to pick up the dust).

The mouse flips open to take or receive calls. Its plastic and flmsy, but looks nice. I used it on top of a formica type table without any mousemat: You don't really need one.

Not recommended for those with large hands.

Attached piccy.
lol thats wrong on so many levels :D i love it though, what if you want to use your computer during a skype call though?

Lexxuk
21-01-10, 18:45
I use a G15 keyboard and a G7 mouse, the logitech mice have a stupid switch so the left mouse button ends up double clicking until you replace it, but I love my G7 so am going to replace it with a G7, except they are hard to get and still £50 :( Keyboard, again the G15 rocks, having the LCD is a must, can't live without knowing I'm getting 12 FPS in Fallout 3 (picked it up today, £1.50....)

Oh yeah, don't get a buffalo router, I got a nice new WMBR-300N, stupid thing freezes up daily, if I'd waited I coulda got a nice wireless N Netgear instead, frikken kljlkjasdf bollocks :angel: now to figure out how to put open-wrt onto it.

Garfield
21-01-10, 21:31
i got a razer tarantula keyboard (meh i just love all the options it offer) and a logitech cordless trackman :cool:

zii
21-01-10, 22:59
lol thats wrong on so many levels :D i love it though, what if you want to use your computer during a skype call though?

Ahh. then I have a problem :) Perhaps I could run Vent through the mouse as well, and half way through the OP fight I would flip open the mouse and should PAD! down it

Actually, I won't have Skype while playing NC, and I used the skype functionality while travelling. I have a proper Skype DECT telephone in the home for 'phone calls.

Seriously, who take telephone calls when playing this game! :lol:

zii
21-01-10, 23:01
/edit some router stuff /edit.

Those Cisco PIX 501 router cum firewall are quite nice. I have one. Pretty solid. No wireless of course.

Lexxuk
22-01-10, 00:33
Was looking at Cisco but couldn't find a 877w for a decent enough price point. Wireless is a must for me, my PSP/DS/laptop/Wii all connect via Wi-Fi. though less my DS cause got to break the security settings on the router to get that to work. My PC and PS3 connect through ethernet but I may get the wireless option for my 360 as I'm using homeplugs so can't be on the internet on my PC and my 360 at the same time :(

Jodo
22-01-10, 08:46
Hmm, quite a varied response. Thanks for all the replies everyone I'll have a look at your suggestions.

phunqe
22-01-10, 15:35
SteelSeries 7G keyboard and SteelSeries IKARI mouse. Best stuff I've ever used.