PDA

View Full Version : Pistol PE or (general) PE Questions

Edgar
04-01-10, 09:50
I have some general PE questions, thanks for your time in advance:

I just capped Dex and looking on getting WoC1 (ugh)...so I got an RK-1000 and I'm droning at Ceres Lab.

I accidently put points into PPU (I used to be set up to cast healing spells), so I'll LoM all that and put all points into Resist PSI. Let me ask you guys then...how does a PE cap PSI?

For STR and CON, which I have a ways to go, I heard I should get STR imps and drugs and then go with a grenade launcher at Regants, is that the best way to lvl those?

Lastly, on dex and dex implants...how long does it take to get WoC1, is it a huge pain in the ass or what? I mean is there a better way to get that 260m xP? lol...and then what is the end-game for gear that I need to have? Armor/Implants? I need MC5+SWAT at least right?

For putting points into STR/CON/DEX/INT, how should I do it? Thanks for your time. I wish there was a master guide for Pistol PEs or PEs..

MrTrip
04-01-10, 10:06
I have some general PE questions, thanks for your time in advance:

I just capped Dex and looking on getting WoC1 (ugh)...so I got an RK-1000 and I'm droning at Ceres Lab.

I accidently put points into PPU (I used to be set up to cast healing spells), so I'll LoM all that and put all points into Resist PSI. Let me ask you guys then...how does a PE cap PSI?

For STR and CON, which I have a ways to go, I heard I should get STR imps and drugs and then go with a grenade launcher at Regants, is that the best way to lvl those?

Lastly, on dex and dex implants...how long does it take to get WoC1, is it a huge pain in the ass or what? I mean is there a better way to get that 260m xP? lol...and then what is the end-game for gear that I need to have? Armor/Implants? I need MC5+SWAT at least right?

For putting points into STR/CON/DEX/INT, how should I do it? Thanks for your time. I wish there was a master guide for Pistol PEs or PEs..

Leech XP from a droner. You will get PSI from leeching IIRC.

You will be leveling for WoC for awhile. Its always a pain with the PE.

Also, STR is good the way you suggested, regents nade launcher etc.

End game gear depends on what you go for, I have only had one PE and I didn't like it. Soooo best ask somebody else on that.

nabbl
04-01-10, 12:06
U need some shields on your PE. Don't put your points on Resist Psi. There arent any APUs around either...

gamefreak
04-01-10, 17:03
U need some shields on your PE.

No, you don't.

Torg
04-01-10, 18:28
say, why don't you just do what's the most fun for you, and keep doing it until you reach WOC? you don't need drones or a nade launcher. just keep playing. man, you're not getting paid for being in neocron, so relax.

nabbl
04-01-10, 22:04
No, you don't.

Well of course... if you want to live without 5-8% additional resist, you won't have to use any shields -.-

Biglines
04-01-10, 22:10
Well of course... if you want to live without 5-8% additional resist, you won't have to use any shields -.-
psi resists works vs stacks, like devourer some ak ammo

plus, using a psi glove means at least 2 dex that you need other implants to add for any proper guns (get a rep or rec glove for the extra dex so you can use guns), plus shields are useless in any situation where you have a ppu (pe shields are useless in opwars or any larger p2 gankfest) so the only reason to have pe shields is for 1on1 or pve, which a pe (especially pistol pe) is especially useless for anyway

and torg, while that is true for people with more chars, people with only one char are generally bored out of their skull if they can't participate in pvp in the current population. and a pe without woc is inviable in pvp (yes some people can do it without woc, but with woc it requires less skill)

extract
05-01-10, 02:56
No, you don't.

agreed, there really is no need for sheilds on a PE, some dex from a rep or recycle glove would be way more beneficial than crap noob sheilds, which 5-8% isnt gonna really buy you any more shots from anyone or thing.

tested on my own PE i took a whopping 10 less dmg per shot from an ion cannon....you do the math

dex glove > psi glove

Dr Phil
05-01-10, 05:54
It depends on setup though.. If i where a hightech PE, that didnt need the dex (wich they usually do*), i wouldnt go for the tradeskill glove simply because of the TC malus it has..

In 99% of the cases with a PE, you DO need the dex though, and thus making it very superior to a psi glove, with really doesnt do much other than being annoying.

extract
05-01-10, 13:46
It depends on setup though.. If i where a hightech PE, that didnt need the dex (wich they usually do*), i wouldnt go for the tradeskill glove simply because of the TC malus it has..

In 99% of the cases with a PE, you DO need the dex though, and thus making it very superior to a psi glove, with really doesnt do much other than being annoying.

the tc malus is like 3 something.....hardly worth noticing, and most people pops redflash these days which gives a bunch of tc anyways

Dr Phil
05-01-10, 22:55
Its still something.. On my pistol spy (primarily uses xbow) i dont wear any glove at all.. i dont need the dex, dont need the TRA and definitely dont need the negative TC.

Just saying, if you dont NEED the dex...

But trust me, i would ALWAYS choose a dex glove over anything else on a PE, and was probably one of the first to do so.
Has always been a lom addict on my PE.. WoC and only have about 80mil dex xp left... Tried anything exept for melee and "pvp" droning i think :p