PDA

View Full Version : Simple change

Edgar
03-01-10, 09:44
I'm still leveling my PE (which many are saying is pointless adding to the fact that I have to spend 100s of hours leveling to get WoC1 but anyways...) and have noticed the fights that go on in P-2.

Why can't it be made that if you initiate combat or if you fight back, you aren't allowed to change zones? It's so stupid that you can fight and then just change zones when you're about to die.

Biglines
03-01-10, 15:17
PE is a lot of fun to play tbh, and if you set it up properly still a match for any class if you're woc1 (the only class that needs woc to be viable), so it's not a waste of time, in pvp I like the pe above any other viable class (rifle spy and HC tank are boring compared to pe)

get yourself a crossbow, put all psi in psi resist, use nanite heal and you'll have a lot of fun

as for the zonewhoring as the thing you're talking about is called, join a clan that opwars or fight in nf, p2 will always have zonewhores (as it is not a simple change to disable zoning for people that initiate combat) or random ganking pvp will always move to a zoneline where people can zonewhore

zii
07-01-10, 16:37
Sorry, but cannot resist it.

If we had to initiate combat then what would be the point of playing:

Excuse me, would you like to dual.
No, sorry but I would like to walk through NC without a fight.
OK. Good day and god be with you.

Personally, contrary to popular views, I think the zone line is a good idea in p1/p2. It allows us to run around P2 and be a bit silly. I would not consider p2 PVP serious PVP. Its a bit of fun and a worthwhile area for people to play with their set-up and see how their fair in PVP: If it goes tits-up then one can zone back. Fun fun and more fun. There are many other congested routes to take through the city.

Have fun.
z

Dribble Joy
07-01-10, 17:01
It allows us to run around P2 and be a bit silly. I would not consider p2 PVP serious PVP. Its a bit of fun and a worthwhile area for people to play with their set-up and see how their fair in PVP: If it goes tits-up then one can zone back. Fun fun and more fun. There are many other congested routes to take through the city.
z
Isn't this what NF is for?

Personally I would prefer no zone lines at all and copbots that are effective and don't allow themselves to be dragged into corners where they can't get out from.

Dr Phil
07-01-10, 17:13
With the population as low as it currently is, i like the way it is with P2..
Its too low to be able to find random fights regularly.
So its nice with some "instant action" in P2 - more fighting less downtime..
I dont care if i get any kills tbh, i just want to fight.

Only problem in my opinion is the hardcore noobs that refuse to leave the actual zoneline :rolleyes:

Uh and about NF.. I cant stand it, its too damn bugged - and hey, you dont gain CON there! :p

But yea, no zonelines at all would be incredible sweet!

Ka0s^
07-01-10, 19:51
Personally, contrary to popular views, I think the zone line is a good idea in p1/p2. It allows us to run around P2 and be a bit silly.

i think the point is some people actually need to visit P2 and may not want to go the long way round, to use the smuggler for example. Not everyone is PvP obsessed in NC and tbh its a pain in the arse running into p2 only to be shot up by someone with a huge epeen. This happens regardless of faction, level or anything to be fair.

I like the no zone line idea but as DJ said make copbots intelligent and stop people using "bait" to hide the copbots where they cant shoot.

No offence of course just my 2 nc

zii
07-01-10, 22:42
Isn't this what NF is for?

I thought NF gave strange results for testing set-ups.

Yes, I would like to have NC without zone lines, but we have to have an area where people cannot be shot because other wise all would complain. I loved Neptune, but eventually it emptied itself out.

Valid point about the smuggler. There is another router to the smuggler via the PP laboratory.

Dribble Joy
08-01-10, 05:06
but we have to have an area where people cannot be shot because other wise all would complain.
This is probably an eternal point of contention. Personally I would like the removal of safe zones, given the right situation. The problem is that making it work without serious revisions to the way symps, SL, copbots and other factors affect the 'daily lives' of runners.

I'd also like to see 'delocalised' trading, rather than have it all take place in one zone. This would make smuggling and long-range trade play an aspect of the game. Clearly a higher population would be required though.

extract
08-01-10, 05:30
as for the zonewhoring as the thing you're talking about is called, join a clan that opwars or fight in nf, p2 will always have zonewhores (as it is not a simple change to disable zoning for people that initiate combat) or random ganking pvp will always move to a zoneline where people can zonewhore

theres just as much zonewhoring in op wars as there is in p2....bout to die? hurry to underground

and I love a good zonewhore tbh it makes when they die that much sweeter and even more so funny

Kanedax
08-01-10, 05:44
PE doesn't need WoC 1 to be viable. I play a non-woc PE sometimes and can hold my own just as easily as I do with my xbow/golden pistol PE. Ionic/Desperado non-pa setup ftw.

Dribble Joy
08-01-10, 06:05
Is the SWAT rifle WoC? I can't remember. But yes, there's plenty of non-WoC weapons out there that are perfectly viable. It's just the xbow is a joke to use.

Dr Phil
08-01-10, 06:10
Yes the SWAT weapons are all WoC.

zii
08-01-10, 18:54
This is probably an eternal point of contention. Personally I would like the removal of safe zones, given the right situation. The problem is that making it work without serious revisions to the way symps, SL, copbots and other factors affect the 'daily lives' of runners.

I'd also like to see 'delocalised' trading, rather than have it all take place in one zone. This would make smuggling and long-range trade play an aspect of the game. Clearly a higher population would be required though.

I agree with you. I welcomed Neptune, but it fell over; Lack of players I suspect. I think the current game and low pops encourage people to centralise in one area. I think P4 is the best place for trading and the layout is really interesting.

My tradeskill char has never had an LE in it and never had a problem. Common-sence and trust usually worked. (on Terra and Uranus it was on.)

Dribble Joy
08-01-10, 19:51
I'd like to see the OZ Mall the 'main' area for trading. Bear in mind that most of the trading in NC is supposedly black market and generally considered quite illegal. For most of the trading to be done under the noses of CA in Plaza 1 seems a little odd.

Torg
08-01-10, 20:37
I'd like to see the OZ Mall the 'main' area for trading. Bear in mind that most of the trading in NC is supposedly black market and generally considered quite illegal. For most of the trading to be done under the noses of CA in Plaza 1 seems a little odd.Theres quite a few games where the cop-npcs are able to check your inventory. and shoot you if theres contraband. so lets start by banning drugs (BD), TS epic rifles, crahn fsm stuff, canyon-, TH-, or smuggler-bought items from plaza 1. that would be fun. and make quite a few people leave the game. so?

William Antrim
09-01-10, 00:22
Plaza 2 fights are for cowards.

zii
09-01-10, 12:47
BD blue drugs: Yep, copbots open fire on you in Plaza and Via Rossa when carried in the Invent, but not when used. Should be fun. Reminds me of carrying contraband in Elite, but I cannot remember if the police opened fire. Perhaps I am confused with Privateer. I cannot see this being implemented...

OZ mall is a great place and we should be able to buy ammo, and contraband down there. It used to be like this.

Move all smugglers out of Plaza and Via Rossa and concentrated in PP3, the Industrial region and OZ. This does not mean that some could not be located in PP1 and PP2. Perhaps, the daring smuggler in VR3 could be left behind the boxes near the entrance into the subway. Some has to have the balls to stand next to the CopBot.

Move thread to brainport...

Kanedax
09-01-10, 19:04
One scenario I like that still allows for the smugglers to be in plaza and viarosso is to raise the prices at those smugglers with the explanation that CA is getting a cut of the action. I've always seen CA as a very corrupt government anyway and I'd like to see that implemented more in the game.

Of course there would need to be other changes to implement this but I just wanted to drop the basic idea here.

Dr Phil
09-01-10, 20:51
Hmm is everyone in NC suddenly closet RP'ers? :wtf:

Torg
09-01-10, 23:49
Hmm is everyone in NC suddenly closet RP'ers? :wtf:only people discussing subjects like that in forums like this.

extract
10-01-10, 07:50
Plaza 2 fights are for cowards.

I hear this and variations of this here and there. Would you care to elaborate?

I mean for me, PvP is PvP. Engaging in any type of combat in my opinion definitely would not define cowardice to me. So maybe you refer to the things that come along with fighting in a zone next to a safe zone?

So.......Technically people who are on the defending side in op wars are cowards too?

Or maybe its cause they may have a ppu dual logged to come rezz? in that case any op war team who has a rezzing ppu is a team of cowards.

Alot of people say this in my opinion as some kind of like gung ho hardcore mentality.

But to me truth of the matter is simple, safe zone, no safe zone no one wants to die. period. the heart and soul of the true fight/duel is lost its either 1v3, 4 v 10, 1v1 w/ppu assplunger....you name it. but even more simply go ahead and log in right now at this moment, run around the wastes find your hardcore fight....chances are u wont at 1%....hell even at 8% try please....if theres not an op war, only place to find a fight usually is p2 and ill take any fight i can get.

zii
11-01-10, 14:35
Hear hear. Well said.

VegaH
11-01-10, 17:00
TBH, it was much more fun when people were fighting at CRP. There was more space, more choice of type of fighting, vehicles included, snipers, droners (not only revenges but other drones)...and still, this zone is a warzone so noone would lose their precious items that they don't want to.

Would be way more fun this way tbh.

That's it!

Bye

L0KI
11-01-10, 17:11
TBH, it was much more fun when people were fighting at CRP. There was more space, more choice of type of fighting, vehicles included, snipers, droners (not only revenges but other drones)...and still, this zone is a warzone so noone would lose their precious items that they don't want to.

Would be way more fun this way tbh.

That's it!

Bye

Hear hear. Well said.

(sorry Zii)

Ka0s^
12-01-10, 22:02
i still go to the old "fight" locations like CRP and hide in the mountains on my droner. All i see however is LE's or friendlies.

but i second the hear hear from loki (sorry zii) hehe :D

Dr Phil
12-01-10, 22:57
i still go to the old "fight" locations like CRP and hide in the mountains on my droner.
Yea because its always enjoyable to fight a droner.. :rolleyes:

All i see however is LE's or friendlies.
And this is the main reason why i never leave NC city, its not worth the SI, money and time.
I do run through the zones in the city quite often though - but rarely find anyone that arent LEd :(

Ka0s^
12-01-10, 23:02
Yea because its always enjoyable to fight a droner.. :rolleyes:

And this is the main reason why i never leave NC city, its not worth the SI, money and time.
I do run through the zones in the city quite often though - but rarely find anyone that arent LEd :(

Hehe back in the day people used to do things differently ive noticed, now they try and shoot the drone down, instead have having a look round for the meat sack :)

Do snipers come into that bracket too? Not all fighting is done face to face after all :D

Biglines
13-01-10, 02:30
Hehe back in the day people used to do things differently ive noticed, now they try and shoot the drone down, instead have having a look round for the meat sack :)

Do snipers come into that bracket too? Not all fighting is done face to face after all :D
at least snipers are visible unless they're in trees, droners can stand behind anything to hide, especially with gliders a droner can reach anywhere, meaning they're pretty invincible in locations such as crp.

but I would prefer fighting in crp over p2, if there were enough people coming there

Dr Phil
13-01-10, 10:48
I dont like fighting snipers either, but they are MUCH better to fight than droners, since as Biglines said, droners can be hidden places where a normal combat character dont have a chance to get to.

Im 100% a closecombat fighter on all my chars, its the only combat style i enjoy ;)