PDA

View Full Version : New users unable to post on forum

liquidneon
28-12-09, 04:19
Ok i thought i would post this as it took me a while to figure out.

I am trying to sign up for a trial but like many others have had issues with the trial system. Looking for help i came here & signed up an account.

But oh no, i couldnt actually post anything? Wtf.

So ok if your like me (totally retarded) here is your problem:

You ave to link your forum account to your neocron account......if however you dont want to pay upfront (like me) and just want to post here for some help getting a trial then there is a way.

Sign up using Pay By Cash......Use the "Pay by Mail" option on the next screen. This will create your Neocron account but it will be inactive (as you havent paid yet).

Next open up the launcher, click on "Your Account" and log in. You will see a link regarding the forum. Click this and you will be asked for your forum username.

Once entered your forum account will become active and you can post.

Thats as far as i can help, so far im still stuck unable to get a trial, but at least i can post here now.

Good luck and i hope i will see you in game in the near future.

zii
15-01-10, 13:45
Nice to see a guide. Good work.

wizzle
06-02-10, 22:39
Thanks a lot man, been wondering how to post on and off here for a few years lol. I had just given up a long time ago :)

Biglines
06-02-10, 23:09
I think this thread will get removed, because there is a good reason for having to link accounts to forums

wizzle
06-02-10, 23:47
Huh? You lost me. All this allowed me to do was link my already existing game account with my already existing forum account.

Why remove a helpful thread or what am I missing?

Biglines
07-02-10, 00:06
this will allow banned users to come back and spam again

MrTrip
07-02-10, 00:55
this will allow banned users to come back and spam again

They need to just ban those accounts via IP address..

I think they need to allow everybody to post for the time being, we have such a small community it kind of sucks right now.

Biglines
07-02-10, 01:20
They need to just ban those accounts via IP address..

I think they need to allow everybody to post for the time being, we have such a small community it kind of sucks right now.
seeing as anyone can get access to public proxies, ip addresses would not work. (I personally have a different ip address a lot of the time because I use a I log into my uni's vpn, which gives me a new ip every time I log on)

and for opening up for posting, in another thread it has been explained that this would allow spam bots to post, although that would probably be fixed if the forums were kept up to date (this version is very very old)

Nidhogg
07-02-10, 03:54
If you have a problem just drop me a PM and I'll look into it for you.

N