PDA

View Full Version : To have or to be?

Torg
24-12-09, 14:13
What's your idea of you char/avatar/toon: do you rather feel like being this person or do you just own it like a puppet, to play with it or even give it away on occasion. Could you rate your own balance of "have" and "be"?

to me it's 20% have and 80 % be.

nobby
24-12-09, 19:45
Well my online avatars are deliberately made to look like a twat :p

Hence my Xbox live avatar being a man in a dress with earings, a beehive hairdo and a jet black tasche :lol:

Izeo
24-12-09, 22:04
to me it's 20% have and 80 % be.

interesting question ... that ratio is pretty accurate for me as well. i like to be able to possibly be the character, even if i don't roleplay. (technically, wouldn't it be possible to roleplay while you aren't trying to roleplay, because of the design? i.e. "sure, i can get you some armor")

Peter Tran
25-12-09, 08:36
100% be.

Although my character is a female, yet I feel more "connected". Don't know why...

Prom_STar
25-12-09, 20:36
100% be.

Although my character is a female, yet I feel more "connected". Don't know why...

Well, might have something to do with that "tran" part. Just thinking out loud here...

Dribble Joy
26-12-09, 17:46
99% be. I can't say 100% as that would imply that the ingame character and I are the same entity, which they aren't.

When you meet DJ ingame though, the person you speak to and the personality you experience is me.

I tend to RP by means of myself in a role, rather than playing a role.