PDA

View Full Version : Curious

momodig
17-12-09, 19:42
should I give this game a go? I'm enjoying this game called FoM and then found this game.... is it dead? how big is the player base... is it a gankfest?

Thanks

Bond.rc
18-12-09, 04:42
i tried fomk once, when it was released.. i play neocron since 2001 more or less and it's the best mmo i've ever played

Ghostface_Speak
18-12-09, 10:46
Ya,its not that ultra-hardcore RP in Neocron and a bit more PvP based than FoM.Nonetheless its worth a try and addictive

L0KI
18-12-09, 11:06
Ya,its not that ultra-hardcore RP in Neocron and a bit more PvP based than FoM.Nonetheless its worth a try and addictive

FoM isn't ultra hardcore RP - it's ultra hardcore PvP. Ie - there's nothing else to in game other than PvP. People generally can't be bothered to RP in FoM. That being said though, I was in the Mercs... and they were renowned for being the least up for any kind of RP.

Neocron is less PvP based than FoM.

@OP - Neocron is the better game, I too have played both over the past 6/7 years.

Ghostface_Speak
18-12-09, 13:27
Im playing LED right now and you cant Fart without permission.If you dont act after that Lawcode,go nuts and use lethals instead of stunning you get your ass kicked in no time.

No promotion without taking classes/tests,endless hours of meetings and what not,thats hardcore RP in my eyes.But your argument is valid,in the end its just getting ganked at tokyo and rush some BoS peeps.

zii
20-12-09, 12:41
It is certainly not a gank-fest.

You are able to RP as much as you want without being involved with any PVP by leaving your Law-Enforced brain implant in your characters head. This leaves trade-skilling, player-verses-mobs, and many missions to run and areas to explore.

If other mirrors do not work for you then please download the client from http://neocron.klunky.co.uk

Izeo
22-12-09, 02:23
You will probably find exploring in Neocron a little more fun than Fomk. it depends on what you like really, but basically what I mean is exploring in Fomk was (to me) more like exploring TDM game maps - that is, mostly indoors, corridors and rooms, and while some areas are outdoors (sky above), they are like enclosed courtyards that you'd see in a TDM map (since TDM maps must be fully enclosed, they can't go on forever). In Neocron you can explore cities/bases, backstreets, caves, sewers, etc, which all exist in a connected, large outdoor wasteland. it feels you are less 'trapped' in the maps and more free.