PDA

View Full Version : cross-server dungeons and wars

Torg
11-12-09, 21:14
there is a new patch for that somewhat silly fantasy-mmo (orcs! elves! trolls!) by otherwise famed developer blizzard, putting up (instanced) dungeons for players of different servers. would you welcome that for neocron? (while i doubt it would be technically viable) would you like to have cave-runs and op-wars for players of both mars and terra? speaking of which: ive got the impression that this is something already going on in NC, with everybody having chars on both servers. is that true? do you all play along on mars and terra (in this case NC would be ahead of the pack one more time)?

Hell-demon
11-12-09, 21:24
maybe if we had a bigger population of WoW proportions.

Biglines
11-12-09, 22:43
I've only got chars on terra (well I made one for the xmas girls but dont play on it mostly)

and it kinda defeats the mars purpose of a 1 slot server then tbh

William Antrim
13-12-09, 15:44
I dunno actually. I quite like the idea personally. In terms of levelling I love the idea of instanced dungeons as you don't get "disturbed" by outside influences other than your own party of "trustworthy" friends.

As for open world pvp I prefer NC to stay as it is. I like the fact you can get nailed anywhere you go and you have to keep your wits about you, rather than having these "PVP" zones that are oh so common nowadays. However i dislike getting ganked on a zone line coming out of a cave etc so yes i think that instancing is good and i don't see any reason why we should have separate levelling zones. With the current pops i think one server is better but I know that (as in previous suggestion of the idea) there will be uproar from various contingents.

However getting a chance to mix with "noobs" who are levelling (and i use the term in inverted commas) from other servers is only going to be good for the population of any server. It means more targets and essentially more fun for the populace as a whole.

Biglines
13-12-09, 21:31
However i dislike getting ganked on a zone line coming out of a cave etc
future games generally don't have zones anymore, but continuous worlds, would solve that part

specranator
13-12-09, 21:52
I dunno actually. I quite like the idea personally. In terms of levelling I love the idea of instanced dungeons as you don't get "disturbed" by outside influences other than your own party of "trustworthy" friends.

to me this was always the best part about neocron... you never knew if a group was going to come into CRP caves and PK everyone in there. it always felt like i was on edge while playing neocron.

i mean if there was like a list that came up of instances and you could select which one to join, then maybe id go for it... but if not then it wouldnt be neocron.

zii
14-12-09, 23:28
Agreed with previous poster. This is not the NC atmosphere that I know. I always disliked the idea of instanced places in NC. Whats the point of raiding folks or being raided by them.

Drake6k
19-12-09, 01:15
No instances in Neocron. I've had many good times in CRP and before nerf El Farid, always knowing that people could come by and gank me. Hell, even the drone farming poison mob place (egypt looking)

You can't run to a dungeon for safety... except now people just do it so they force you to lose SL (correct me if this was fixed...). Or of course, you can always zone back and forth until one person gets a FRE and then the fight is decided.

(edit): I just remembered all my good fights in the freakin P2 aggie cellar, and even in sewers as a noob, and in outzone storages (before when they actually had good mobs)

Anyway, no instances.

Dribble Joy
19-12-09, 06:01
Same here, instances aren't what NC is about.