View Full Version : I'd just like to say

MrTrip
10-12-09, 05:55
That I'll find the little spineless bastard that hacked into my Neocron account, and when I do, I'll fucking gut you.

ALL my shit is gone. I'm more pissed than I have ever been in my life. No I don't share fucking login information with anybody, no I don't have simple passwords. This is bull shit.

What kind of fucking security do you have on this game KK? What is this fucking bull shit?

I want a list of IPs that have connected to my fucking account in the last 24 hours. I'm fuming here.

MrTrip
10-12-09, 06:05
And then compare those fucking IPs to every account, that's how you properly find out who did this KK, hire me I'll do your job for you.

Can't edit original post.

MrTrip
10-12-09, 06:21
Too bad you fuckers didn't get my main account, sorry you only made off with around 6 mil neocron credits, a woc disk and some MC5 imps. Fucking idiots.

If I don't get some kind of compensation for this bull shit, or a name of who did it, then I quit this fucking game.

Garfield
10-12-09, 06:25
sorry to hear that trip

thats kinda lame
id say get that fucker and send some crazy crack n***** to his house

shout out if i can help u replace your lost stuff

Sheba
10-12-09, 06:29
You can have my stuff, oh wait you gave that to me! :(

MrTrip
10-12-09, 06:34
sorry to hear that trip

thats kinda lame
id say get that fucker and send some crazy crack n***** to his house

shout out if i can help u replace your lost stuff

I lost my WoC PA

4 Mil on my monk, About 16 rare parts she had, her apartment, the WoC disk in her gogu, the rare APU spells in her gogu

WoC Pa on my droner, all drones, all head imps (MC5, SRI, etc), all my drones.

The other two characters didn't have anything on them.

The spells were made by Hawke, so they are fucking branded, they were fully artifact HL, Fire apoc, holy thunderstorm, then a mid grade holy energy barrel, and a Crahn Combat Core.

Jodo
10-12-09, 07:38
What kind of fucking security do you have on this game KK? What is this fucking bull shit?

There's been many news reports lately about several different games getting hacked for players accounts, including most (if not all) of the major ones. Hackers are like burglars, you can deter most with the right security, but if they really want to get in, they will.

Sorry to hear its happened to you. I don't know why anyone would need to hack an NC account currently. Cheats appear to be in full swing and the economy is a joke anyway. Obviously there is very little RL cash value as NC is a very small game compared to others. The suspicious side of me says you've been targeted for an extreme form of grief or revenge. Have you pissed anyone off lately? Don't name them in case you get in trouble.

Setlec
10-12-09, 08:21
that sucks that you've got hacked Mr Trip... it really sucks... Hoping that KK can release the list of IPs to you and to the rightful authority to apprehend those fuckers...

MrTrip
10-12-09, 08:34
that sucks that you've got hacked Mr Trip... it really sucks... Hoping that KK can release the list of IPs to you and to the rightful authority to apprehend those fuckers...

I just want their accounts banned, this is bs. I haven't done anything to anybody at all, I've been clanless since I quit, and since I have returned I have done nothing but help people. I have been helping multiple new people get ahead in NC so that we have more players.

Its total bs, I want all their items off THEIR accounts, see how they like THAT.

hybok
10-12-09, 08:40
did the chars get deleted??

but tbh.. it only sounds like u lost apu spells.. woc discs.. and mc5's..

thats nowt :P

still sux anyway..

i hope ya get justice.. but.. kk doing a major ip trace isnt gonna happen.. trust me.. my advice is.,. find out how the account got hakced.. and ensure it doesnt happen in the future.. i find it unlikly they got the password via "actual" hacking..

MrTrip
10-12-09, 08:49
did the chars get deleted??

but tbh.. it only sounds like u lost apu spells.. woc discs.. and mc5's..

thats nowt :P

still sux anyway..

i hope ya get justice.. but.. kk doing a major ip trace isnt gonna happen.. trust me.. my advice is.,. find out how the account got hakced.. and ensure it doesnt happen in the future.. i find it unlikly they got the password via "actual" hacking..

I can't imagine how they got it. I have shared with nobody, no password is the same as the other (email etc) so they can't get far with what they have. I don't write down my passwords. I do network security at my job, I know how this stuff works and I know how to prevent passwords from getting out. I have had nobody upset with me at all, I just logged in and poof stuff is gone. Nobody that was upset with me, nobody that is even my enemy. I literally know nobody on that account and nobody knows the runners on it.

The runners are still there, but I'm really in a bind now with nothing on them.

hybok
10-12-09, 08:56
now this isnt like an appartment getting bugged.. or a gogu being duped is it??

hopefully im sure thats a silly question :D

hybok
10-12-09, 08:57
oh and also.. is like EVERYTHING gone off them.. like even bones.. and dogtags etc.. or just the important stuff?

MrTrip
10-12-09, 09:00
oh and also.. is like EVERYTHING gone off them.. like even bones.. and dogtags etc.. or just the important stuff?

Just the important stuff. I didn't even notice until I went to give my researcher some money and noticed i had 0. I checked my gogu, I checked my inventory. All my good stuff is gone.

hybok
10-12-09, 09:04
hmm mr trip. whys that name sound familier..

are u nikole?

Izeo
10-12-09, 09:07
Lame. Sorry to hear that.

As I've always said about online games, some people have an abnormal exceedingly large drive to win and it's disgusting. They don't see it as a game to have fun, they see it as something they must, simply MUST, win, most likely to prove something. And there's different levels, players who i.e. run from fair fights and only pick on the defenseless, emergent gameplay exploits where the players can claim it's legal since it's in the game (but not intended by the devs), blatant exploits where players still claim it's legal since it's in the game (but not intended by the devs) (check the game "GUNZ" for this), then blatant OOG cheating/script kiddies and account hacking. Can't help but think the last stages are the result of something horribly wrong with the person (compensate for something IRL etc).

What's also disgusting in that a playerbase this small, someone would still do that to get ahead, knowing full well they may be causing a -1 in the playerbase.

(In Deus Ex MP there are only about 10 multiplayer servers left, and certain nerds still use scripts to crash servers overnight, to selfishly get more traffic to THEIR server. *vomit*)

Hope they are able to get your stuff back. I'd quit too. :/

----

Edit: In reply to Hell-demon's (below) post, have you downloaded anything that was posted as a link from these forums? Like something similar to NSkill that someone may haveposted, or an zipped NC movie, etc?

Hell-demon
10-12-09, 09:08
You haven't picked up any key loggers while using the net?

MrTrip
10-12-09, 09:12
hmm mr trip. whys that name sound familier..

are u nikole?

Yes

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

MrTrip
10-12-09, 09:14
Lame. Sorry to hear that.

As I've always said about online games, some people have an abnormal exceedingly large drive to win and it's disgusting. They don't see it as a game to have fun, they see it as something they must, simply MUST, win, most likely to prove something. And there's different levels, players who i.e. run from fair fights and only pick on the defenseless, emergent gameplay exploits where the players can claim it's legal since it's in the game (but not intended by the devs), blatant exploits where players still claim it's legal since it's in the game (but not intended by the devs) (check the game "GUNZ" for this), then blatant OOG cheating/script kiddies and account hacking. Can't help but think the last stages are the result of something horribly wrong with the person (compensate for something IRL etc).

What's also disgusting in that a playerbase this small, someone would still do that to get ahead, knowing full well they may be causing a -1 in the playerbase.

(In Deus Ex MP there are only about 10 multiplayer servers left, and certain nerds still use scripts to crash servers overnight, to selfishly get more traffic to THEIR server. *vomit*)

Hope they are able to get your stuff back. I'd quit too. :/

----

Edit: In reply to Hell-demon's (below) post, have you downloaded anything that was posted as a link from these forums? Like something similar to NSkill that someone may haveposted, or an zipped NC movie, etc?

I don't watch NC movies. I don't use NSkill. I have no third party Neocron addons (I run Linux, they would all be useless anyway).

I have no keyloggers that I have picked up either.

Edit: The biggest issue is now I have no way of making money. The player base is too small for people to give away stuff, and this is why new players quit. I would have to rob my only good character of all her stuff, sell it, and rebuild my other characters if its even possible.

Neocron needs a population spike or its going to kill its self off.

Hell-demon
10-12-09, 09:16
You sure? You can pick them up from some websites of ill repute or strange links. Similar thing happened to the Eve online forums a month or two back.

Lots of people got hacked and fucked over. Give KK some time they're in bed by now, if you don't get a reply by 5pm GMT then they clearly aren't professional.

MrTrip
10-12-09, 09:18
You sure? You can pick them up from some websites of ill repute or strange links. Similar thing happened to the Eve online forums a month or two back.

Lots of people got hacked and fucked over. Give KK some time they're in bed by now, if you don't get a reply by 5pm GMT then they clearly aren't professional.

I try to stay away from those websites. I don't see how they could get my info though, wine stores the registry in files, anything they would try would fail for mining information from me unless they specifically targeted me because I use Linux, highly highly doubted. If we have somebody THAT smart playing...well crap.

I'm worried that I'll get the same old "Well, we can give you 300k" bit. I'd even keep quit about what they gave me if they even gave me my lost items back. I just need my freaking droners imps back and my monks money AT LEAST and I can rebuild things myself.

Hell-demon
10-12-09, 09:20
I got a million creds you can have. Sad thing is I'm at uni and neocron is blocked. So christmas is your best bet, sorry :(

MrTrip
10-12-09, 09:24
I got a million creds you can have. Sad thing is I'm at uni and neocron is blocked. So christmas is your best bet, sorry :(

*thumbs up* Thanks for the offer :) hopefully Kk takes care of me.

Trivaldi
10-12-09, 09:57
If you have not already done so, please report this to account@neocron.com which is where you will receive an official response, in line with the official support policies (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=83&L=1//modules/eEmpregos/index.php%3Fpa%3Dview) .

It's never fun to see threads like this occur as this is not the kind of thing i'd wish on anyone, however this is not an issue which can be officially dealt with on the forums and so, this thread is now closed.

Sit tight and wait for a response from the support team.