PDA

View Full Version : What is the most recent version of Nskill?

Nullvoid
26-11-09, 15:31
As title really...I have Nskill version 2.00 preview version 6.2 and I was wondering is there a newer (or more reliable) version floating around? I would check myself but the site for it appears to have expired at some point and the ones I have found elsewhere are either the same version that I have or older.

Biglines
26-11-09, 15:52
there's one posted on the forum, just search the forums

Nullvoid
26-11-09, 16:07
nabbl's link in the german looked like it could be newer than mine (it was called nskill setup version 4) but it along with the implant/armour files on the r2k site are dead. The nskill site is dead and the ultimate networx site hosts v1. I did find a 2.00a preview 3 but that's older than mine.

Biglines
26-11-09, 16:38
it was even on the first page of community talk :S

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2157735&postcount=9

zii
26-11-09, 18:22
That page links to
http://www.filefront.com/14568227/N...tureRelease.zip

and the file was removed at some point. So, who knows where the latest release is.

If someone credible sends me the URL of it then I can host it, although it might be better suited on techhaven.org if it is not already there.

Biglines
26-11-09, 18:39
i have the whole thing on my computer, if u want I can send it to someone

mdares
27-11-09, 19:20
yes please.

please send it to someone to host so we can get it back out.
Also would it be possible to get the source as well so we can turn this into a community project?

Mighty Max
27-11-09, 19:46
Not the whole thing. Rights are still helt by StevenJ, who is non-responding for some time now.
But we are on the way to a open source variant. I am myself building a library for the calculations needed. I just do not have much to no time to work on it so that is grows slowly. It doesn't seem to get less work that occupies me.

If a group is going to create a community driven and open development, i will support this group with all formulae we have discovered in the last years.

Biglines
27-11-09, 21:14
I don't have the source, just the exe and some additional files

zii
29-11-09, 22:12
If a group is going to create a community driven and open development, i will support this group with all formulae we have discovered in the last years.

Then I would think a place for this is on Sourceforge. It might add some exposure to the game through other avenues.

Biglines
29-11-09, 23:55
Then I would think a place for this is on Sourceforge. It might add some exposure to the game through other avenues.
uhm, he said it was stevenJ's, plus sourceforge hosting requires full open source doesn't it? (the images and other things are only allowed to be used cuz of KK's permission afaik?)

zii
02-12-09, 14:11
Yep, true. I read too much into it & thought that he mend that he intended to open the source and work on it in open development.

Mighty Max
02-12-09, 16:35
Yep, true. I read too much into it & thought that he mend that he intended to open the source and work on it in open development.

Hosting wouldn't be of any problem. Of course sourceforge would be a choice for such a project.
The thing is that i can not maintain such a projekt and can not without permission hand out the sources (just on a sidenode: a clean restart is the better choice anyway)

If one or a group is willing to start it's own skiller on an open source basis, i will support him/the group with the formulae. Just pm me if you do this and have use for the calculations.

I do not want to rework it myself, promise everyone and then have to leave it on hold the most of the time due to my dense duties. So someone else needs to take this over or there won't be a new skiller anytime soon.