PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Piss-Up UK

Eddie Murphy
24-11-09, 16:47
Can we organise a piss-up for the uk because i have not been to one yet also last one i did not get told where it is. So please keep me updated.

Biglines
24-11-09, 18:00
Can we organise a piss-up for the uk because i have not been to one yet also last one i did not get told where it is. So please keep me updated.
uhm, just follow the topics on here

L0KI
24-11-09, 18:22
I lol'd.

However, I do agree that it's time for a piss up. A celebration of KK's return to full operations maybe.

A pre-patch drink, maybe!

I know Dribble Joy, Brammers, Hoder will be up for it...

I will too this time.

Cmoooon!

PS - @ Eddie... Are you legally old enough to drink?

Trivaldi
24-11-09, 19:06
I was awfully annoyed the last organisation thread came to nothing. I almost had to try and steal Niddy's ban hammer and go nuts. Part time alcoholics you lot are!

I'll happily come along to where ever the celebration is as long as i get enough notice! :)

If you get the ball rolling with information and potential areas/times I'll happily sticky the thread so it doesn't wander off.

NAPPER
24-11-09, 19:24
Im up for it but it has to be after Xmas for me now its to late for me to sort it out before Xmas.

Keep me informed

Napper

Brammers
24-11-09, 20:01
I know Dribble Joy, Brammers, Hoder will be up for it...

Damm right I will be up for it! Let me poke some people. :D

L0KI
25-11-09, 10:39
Early next year is better for me too. Christmas funds and all that.

Any suggestions on location?

Obviously, as close to Sheffield as possible is perfect for me (and Nick)........
I am willing to travel this time though!

NAPPER
25-11-09, 13:29
Early next year is better for me too. Christmas funds and all that.

Any suggestions on location?

Obviously, as close to Sheffield as possible is perfect for me (and Nick)........
I am willing to travel this time though!

I will past the news on to Roz as well Loki

Dribble Joy
25-11-09, 15:14
m00

I'll be there.

L0KI
25-11-09, 15:33
m00

I'll be there.

We know you will mate. We know. ;)

Eddie Murphy
25-11-09, 15:34
I am happy anywhere as long as it is not tofar as i cannot drive but i can catch a train somewhere but after xmas is good with me to and yes i am legally old enough to drink.

danmalone
25-11-09, 18:10
I would be up for another one soon but due to xmas spending and hopefully a new car in Jan I probably wont be able to until Feb or March...

Last Updated: 6PM 24 Nov 2009 Cheap Travelodge Sale

Travelodge rooms for £9 to £25 The key to bagging bargain rooms at budget hotel chain Travelodge is timing. The hotel chain tends to release discount £9 - £19 room sales in tranches, and then leave them there until they sell out. Therefore if you try and get a room at the start of a genuine sale, there's widespread availability.

Travelodge £9 to £25 Room Sale
Launch Date: 6am, Thurs 26 Nov 2009

•Sale starts: 6am, Thurs 26 Nov 2009
•Dates you can stay: 21 March to 6 June
•Cheap rooms available: 50,000 rooms at £9 & 100,000 rooms at £19
•Usual room price: £29 -£59
•No. Travelodges taking part: 380

L0KI
25-11-09, 18:39
So.. we need a location.

Anyone familiar with the history of the meets? and number of attendees per location?

ie - did more attend the northern or southern meets?

danmalone
25-11-09, 18:43
So.. we need a location.

Anyone familiar with the history of the meets? and number of attendees per location?

ie - did more attend the northern or southern meets?

I have only been to the Blackpool, Nottingham and Leeds ones... I believe there was a lancaster one and another 1 or 2 somewhere aswell..

Turnout for Notts was really good, bout 15-20ppl maybe? Seemed to be loads in the group photo anyway.

Leeds was good, maybe a few less than Nottingham but still plenty of pplz

Blackpool was alot less than the other 2. Still enough for a good night out though...

nobby
25-11-09, 22:04
We were agreeing on London I remember from the last thread...

I thought it'd be around now... But Noooo !

It'd be nice to have a southern meetup rather than the long trek north for me :p

L0KI
26-11-09, 10:32
We were agreeing on London I remember from the last thread...

I thought it'd be around now... But Noooo !

It'd be nice to have a southern meetup rather than the long trek north for me :p

Well, maybe the reason it didn't happen is that it was in London?

I personally wouldn't travel to London from here.

Firstly, it costs a fortune to get to London from the North, by train, coach, plane or car. At least £80 gone just on travel. Then... we have the price of drinks. Add £2 on to the average northern price.

Maybe the reason Nottingham got such a great turn out, is that it's pretty central in England.

My vote goes to the Midlands. It'd still take me a couple of hours to get there, but it wouldn't cost the world!

nobby
26-11-09, 10:49
Well I'd have liked us all to have a pre-christmas meet tbh

You guys decide where it's gonna be then... London would've been nice but if that was the reason it never happened in the first place then I don't care where it happens, as long as it doesn't get put off.

L0KI
26-11-09, 10:53
Lol at your avatar btw Nobby. :D

That kid is odd. He looks slightly evil.

nobby
26-11-09, 11:20
mm?

It's not about the kid, I just hate the crap ad and don't want people to vote

L0KI
26-11-09, 11:47
mm?

It's not about the kid, I just hate the crap ad and don't want people to vote

Vote on what?

Errrrr.... are you referring to the Oxo Factor?
(I just googled 'OXO Vote')

Eddie Murphy
26-11-09, 14:30
What about Manchester or somewhere like that for a good night out or somewhere around there? I dont want to have to travel to far as i am a bum i am on benefits so my funds are limited atm until i get a new job.

Tell me what you think about manchester or even Birmingham i think i could make need to check prcies nearer to the time.

William Antrim
27-11-09, 23:04
Nottingham is good, cheaper than birmingham!

anywhere is cheap on the train if you book it in advance enough! I think nottingham is easy as its easy for everyone to get to and a lot of you have been before so you know where to go for the new ones (and i can come back home on a weekend and meet up with a few of you there too).

Roz would like this too, im sure nick. :D

NAPPER
28-11-09, 01:31
Nottingham is good, cheaper than birmingham!

anywhere is cheap on the train if you book it in advance enough! I think nottingham is easy as its easy for everyone to get to and a lot of you have been before so you know where to go for the new ones (and i can come back home on a weekend and meet up with a few of you there too).

Roz would like this too, im sure nick. :D

Your only say Notts because your like 4 seconds away from the town center lol Joke :p

Yeah im ok with Notts im always in Mansfield these days anyways so its like 30 mins for me on the bus :D

Well I'd have liked us all to have a pre-christmas meet tbh

lol Pre-Xmas i have no way of being able to get the cash before, my bird wants GHD hair straightenersthey are like £150+ lol i dont even know what GHD is lol

Brammers
28-11-09, 01:55
Right, I want to get this UK-piss-up moving a little. I done a quick little straw poll with anyone who is in my mobile phonebook and has been to a meet before.

Now since it's likely the next patch is promised for around the beginning of February, so this could be a patch celebration weekend - so the date will be Friday 5th February 2010 to Sunday 7th February. This also avoids clashing with the NC3RL meet in Germany. (See here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144005) )

Locations, well I'm in favour of places where meets have not been before. So here is the 5 locations that I know are good, and have peeps around to help organisation of pubs and places to go.

* Bristol
* London
* Manchester
* Newcastle
* York

So if you want to come, pick a location and reply in this thread where you want to meet. Votes after 4th December 2009 at 19:00GMT will not be counted, but your reply will still appear in this thread!

Dribble Joy
28-11-09, 02:38
I'm largely easy on where it is.

London is cool and we haven't been there yet, but pricey, so as a main preference, Notts would be mine. Lots of pubs, many of us know it well, it's not too expensive and it's centrally located with train/air/road links to just about everywhere.
The downside is that we've been there like... three time allready.

NAPPER
28-11-09, 06:36
I kn ow we have been to one of the places i would like to go but here are my three

Sheffield
Nottingham
Manchester

William Antrim
29-11-09, 23:41
I kn ow we have been to one of the places i would like to go but here are my three

Sheffield
Nottingham
Manchester

2nded

Trivaldi
29-11-09, 23:43
I think we've over exhausted Nottingham a little ;)

All these 'up north' suggestions, i thought you lot were southerners.

nobby
30-11-09, 00:58
Well there was me thinking london was a great idea :p

But it seemed to put some off to the point of where it wasn't discussed again :D

L0KI
30-11-09, 10:29

Sheffield
Nottingham
Manchester

Agreed, and in that very same order.

Create a poll pliox!!!

Brammers
30-11-09, 14:54
Ok who here knows and lives in Sheffield?

L0KI
30-11-09, 15:33
I live just south of Sheffield & know it like the back of my hand.

Nick/Roz also live in Sheffield.

William Antrim & Doc Holliday know it too I believe ;)

Biglines
30-11-09, 17:29
lol question, how many of the people coming to those meets actually actively play nc?

L0KI
30-11-09, 18:07
lol question, how many of the people coming to those meets actually actively play nc?

Fair question...

It's hard to 'actively' play a game that I started playing about 7 years ago. I play from time to time, and I still love it. I'm still part of the community, and will be until this forum is taken down.

The game isn't in a state I like at the moment, but once it is, I'm pretty sure I'll return as a more active player. That being said... I'm not an active player of anything these days. I'm not 19 anymore, and don't have the time I once did.

Dribble Joy
30-11-09, 20:28
I do actually play regularly, it's just that I don't do a whole lot other than hunt.

Hoder
30-11-09, 20:41
Locations, well I'm in favour of places where meets have not been before. So here is the 5 locations that I know are good, and have peeps around to help organisation of pubs and places to go.

* Bristol
* London
* Manchester
* Newcastle
* YorkPoll added.

Agreed, and in that very same order.

Create a poll pliox!!!Done, but in the interests of a wider audience than your social ingame group, I've had to use the options initially suggested by Brammers.
/edit: Just added Sheffield after reading Bram's post made today.

lol question, how many of the people coming to those meets actually actively play nc?Irrelevant really, as some people who attend these meets tend to become RL friends beyond NC. Not only that, but we don't just discuss gameplay, you know ;)

William Antrim
30-11-09, 23:27
Fair question...

It's hard to 'actively' play a game that I started playing about 7 years ago. I play from time to time, and I still love it. I'm still part of the community, and will be until this forum is taken down.

The game isn't in a state I like at the moment, but once it is, I'm pretty sure I'll return as a more active player. That being said... I'm not an active player of anything these days. I'm not 19 anymore, and don't have the time I once did.

2nded once again, nothing more to add.

I don't have anything like the time I once had because Her Majesty gets in the way but i agree wholeheartedly.

Jodo
01-12-09, 05:25
because Her Majesty gets in the way but i agree wholeheartedly.

You mean you have a demanding wife or you're in and out of prison a lot? :D

L0KI
01-12-09, 10:15
Poll added.

Done, but in the interests of a wider audience than your social ingame group, I've had to use the options initially suggested by Brammers.
/edit: Just added Sheffield after reading Bram's post made today.

My social in game group has nothing to do with it mate.
I've spent as much time in this social group as I have clanned with Germans in the past couple of years.

I'm happy to travel. Please don't assume that I'm selfishly suggesting Sheffield as I can't be arsed to travel. My first choice would have been Nottingham/Midlands, but as Bram suggested we try and arrange to go somewhere there's not been a meet before, Sheffield seemed like a good option. It's a fairly major city that's incredibly easy to access, after all.
Oh, and it's cheap, too.

Whichever city wins the poll, I'll attend for the meet.

William Antrim
01-12-09, 10:28
Her Majesty, the Queen is my boss.

L0KI
01-12-09, 12:09
Her Majesty, the Queen is my boss.

and he's not a Yeoman Warder.

Biglines
01-12-09, 12:43
Irrelevant really, as some people who attend these meets tend to become RL friends beyond NC. Not only that, but we don't just discuss gameplay, you know ;)
it was more of an observation that there's a huge difference between the forum community and the actual game community, which also makes you wonder if threads about changing the game on here actually represent player opinions ;)

I prefer this community though, generally more intelligent conversation on here

Hoder
01-12-09, 14:01
Remember it's a multiple choice poll. Please select ALL cities you could possibly attend.

L0KI
01-12-09, 14:06
Oops, didn't realise it was multiple choice.

William Antrim
01-12-09, 19:08
Oops, didn't realise it was multiple choice.

Same again.... I did wonder but I didnt click!

hybok
01-12-09, 21:13
guys guys.. its always notts. sheff..macs.. what about newcastle for a change!!

abit of change location coz i bet most of u midlanders never been up here!!

newcastle is great so much disversity easy transport links.. (train) but all it would take is a few people coming in cars to stop off in sheffield / notts / mancs as well and BRING peoples!

hotels are cheap.. or if ur super cheap.. there will be space in my spare bedroom.. and living room sofa / FLOOR

also anyone that lives in newcastle/sunderland post and give your support for the toon!!

*you kno who i mean brammers* :)

Eddie Murphy
01-12-09, 22:08
I can more or less make it anywhere except newcastle it is so expensive on the train but manchester is very good and recommend it to everyone.

Brammers
02-12-09, 00:51
I can more or less make it anywhere except newcastle it is so expensive on the train but manchester is very good and recommend it to everyone.

Where are you traveling from?

If you book well in advance, you can get some good deals.

For me it's 67 quid from Bristol, which works out about the same in Petrol costs. (Obviously the car gets cheaper when you got a car full of people splitting the costs 4 ways.)

danmalone
02-12-09, 13:15
i could drive people depending on where is decided... Whats the official date for this just so i can make sure i have money...?

Eddie Murphy
02-12-09, 13:44
I am travelling from wales and it is like £90 return i think, so yeah quite alot but if anyone is willing to pick me up then i would be delighted but hopefully manchester or somewhere closer to me.

SnowCrash
02-12-09, 14:41
Remember it's a multiple choice poll. Please select ALL cities you could possibly attend.

Hannover is missing on that list! We have the best beer, cocktails and women over here! :p

Eddie Murphy
02-12-09, 15:03
Lol @ snowcrash thats what it is all about the women :D i love women and i need some but there are some very tidy women in manchester to i am telling you now and it is the best night out had in manchester i know it like the back of my hand.

hybok
02-12-09, 19:14
ok :P hannover it is...

kk is obviously willing to fund our first class travel for all the neocron vets :P

but seriously.. the nc meet ups are all in the midlands.. u guys should all come up north for a change..

i mean how many midlanders go to manchester :\.. all?? hehe.. how many midlanders go to newc.. none??

id be very surprised u have train fairs of over £50 as well tbh.. unless its from london or south of that.. and if it is.. ud be paying that anyway to get to manchester..

silent000
03-12-09, 15:52
I'll be there! I also voted Bristol as I have yet to spend under 60 quid travelling to the NC meets ;)

But i'll be there no matter where it is, rain or shine!

L0KI
03-12-09, 16:05
I was in Bristol a few months back for the Banksy Exhibition.

I'd happily go there.

hybok
03-12-09, 22:55
meh.. who here has been to newcastle?!?!

ill deffinatly say the nightlife in newcastle is better than in bristol :P hehehe

Load
04-12-09, 00:09
i vote somewhere southern for a change, at least until next semesters student loan comes in anyway :)

danmalone
05-12-09, 23:47
looks like london wins :P

Brammers
07-12-09, 00:31
looks like london wins :P

It does, and also I did see a couple of names from the German community voting for London so I expect to see them in London! (You know who you are!)

So London then for Friday 5th Feb to Sunday 7th Feb 2010.

So any Londoner's here in this thread?

P.S. Next meet after London, I suggest either Manchester or Sheffield.

Jodo
07-12-09, 00:45
I'd say it was either Manchester or Sheffield as the vast majority of people want to meet up in the north. Also, the likes of Triv and Hoder didn't vote even though they're as much part of it as anyone else.

hybok
07-12-09, 01:02
thats the only location in the south of england..

everyone else voted for the north..

and my boyfriend couldnt vote on the forums... so thats another +1 to newcastle / the north..

look at it this way? im certainly not going all the way to london.. paying stupid prices in london.. and stupid accomodation prices too.. its like 2/3 times as much in london than anywhere else in uk..

the only way id attend london is if i was down there on business.. and had my accomodation already paid for.. which im sure wont be happening for the dates u mentioned.

and im sure not many other people from the north will either..

so please other people from north that im sure wont dream of coming all the way to london.. express ur opinions so we can get this changed..

so GG..

Biglines
07-12-09, 01:14
lol at using the top number in a poll as the basis for chosing a location... there's like 3 other locations that get just one less vote, plus half the people only chose one location, and no kind of weighing was given to the different options..

no offense but I hope you don't base important decisions in your lives/jobs on these kinds of poll... at least not simply taking the highest scoring and go with that, at least analyse what happens in the other scores. if people for example had only london and one northern city, prolly that one northern city would have received far more votes than london, but because there were more options available, the other votes got dilluded into multiple options, showing a totally biased result on the poll, proving a false positive.

last time I saw the poll, there were only two people who had voted for more than one location.

sorry for ranting like this, but stupid polls and questionaires like this one are utterly useless, they look great and democratic, but are biased like hell and certainly in this case even totally gave the wrong result... (some fellow students/coaches at my university try proving their design decisions based on these kinds of things... their whole projects come tumbling down because of mistakes like this)

as an example, a poll with questions like this:
1: I like blue 6 votes
2: I like light red 3 votes
3: I like dark red 2 votes
4: I like bordeaux red 4 votes

and people go saying, oh, blue has the most votes, so that must be the best (of course this example is highly exaggerated, but it is very similar to what happened in this thread, seeing as hardly anyone actually voted for more than one location)

if you want to base it on a poll, make a poll that has all the possible location, and ask people which places they absolutely can't or won't go to, then the one with the least objections is the most feasible, still not a perfect way to decide these kinds of things, but definately more valid than the current poll

danmalone
07-12-09, 10:11
I voted for london aswell as newcastle...

I dont mind traveling wherever cause i know im pretty much guaranteed a good night out. Im not the richest of people either... London seems a logical choice as we havent really been 'down south' so i think its only fair that newcastle should be the venue for the next meetup after london?

Theres always going to be people who complain cause they cant go... Cant please everyone.

Biglines
07-12-09, 15:36
true, but saying london is the clear winner from that poll is not true

Trivaldi
07-12-09, 15:42
Well that was useful ;)

Polls never really show the true reflection of the group, which is why we prefer discussion on the forums :)

Biglines
07-12-09, 16:28
well internet discussions are just the persons that can be bothered to argue the most... the only way to get a fair decision is getting some impartial person to gather data and opinions and have that person decide, preferably someone who knows most of the people but who can't make it or something

William Antrim
07-12-09, 17:25
Sheffield it is then. :D

Hoder
07-12-09, 19:50
the likes of Triv and Hoder didn't vote even though they're as much part of it as anyone else.I considered voting, but as it was multiple choice, it wouldn't have made any difference to the result as I would have voted for every city as I can go anywhere.

Hannover is missing on that list! We have the best beer, cocktails and women over here! :pUK meet, dude! I agree that Hannover is cool (someone who shall remain nameless showed me round there once ;) ) but it's time you made it over to our little island for a change :)

meh.. who here has been to newcastle?!?!I've been there twice last year, but on business, so I didn't see any nightlife. It looks a very interesting city and some of us seriously considered going there last time this was discussed in person at previous meets.

Anyway, it seems there is a difference of opinion (isn't there always on this forum? :rolleyes: ) so the question now is do we take the votes at face value? Only count votes from UK players? (wouldn't recommend that as worldwide players have every right to come visit too). Or perhaps extend the poll so more people can vote?

Jodo
07-12-09, 20:41
Make a new poll.

North
Midlands
South

Then people can pick a city from the winning category.

Definitely restrict votes to UK players as it's primarily for UK players and should be catered for the majority. (Were there actually people voting from outside the UK?)

Biglines
07-12-09, 20:49
if you want to base it on a poll, make a poll that has all the possible location, and ask people which places they absolutely can't or won't go to, then the one with the least objections is the most feasible, still not a perfect way to decide these kinds of things, but definitely more valid than the current poll
would work better, although the south, mid north would work also, at least better than the current one

Brammers
08-12-09, 00:36
So... one or two people calling the poll into question. Wherever we go, most will have to travel. If you are lucky to live in the city that, the meet is in, then that's luck.

I've just found out you can see who voted for what by clicking on the numbers. I've asked anyone who voted for London that hasn't posted in this thread to make themselves known in this thread.

Biglines
08-12-09, 12:17
acccording to the poll, only 5 people can make it to london :P

William Antrim
08-12-09, 15:39
Biglines are you planning on coming to this meet? You've made so much noise in the thread and picked fault with several votes, ideas and other suggestions into where to go yet youre not even in the uk. It begs me to ask the question are you here to just troll the thread, boost your post count or just mock the discussion process. Or do you genuinely intend to attend?

This is not a flame. I am genuinely just curious.

Biglines
08-12-09, 16:22
actually it was genuine concern for trying to help pick a place that was suitable for you lot, I don't intend on coming else I would have voted.

then again, as usual my good intentions got dragged into my raging at polls and the general trust in bad polling (a large amount of the polls and "scientific research" in the news and used on websites and blogs are actually very badly performed surveys which should be checked for validity but never were), sorry if it's too much, it was grounded in genuinely trying to help pick a proper place

lol, there I went and did it again

so, intention: helping, result: raging
;)

as for the post count thingy, while I have been known to statswhore obscure weapons on fps stats (I love being listed as the biggest backstabber on tf2), I don't really care about post counts, I just have the bad tendency to just post when something pops into my head, I use these boards more as a discussion/chat room than as a forum I suppose

hybok
08-12-09, 20:49
how about just turn it into 2 or 3 meetups?

so spring summer autumn??

and have 1 in the north.. 1 in the midlands.. and one in the south..

so north (newcastle obviously)
south (london obviously)
and midlands to be decided between notts.. sheff.. macs.. etc..(maybe one u havnt been to before)

coz i think opinions will always be devided.. in saying that though the people that made london win.. i dont see campagning for it to be london on the forums.. maybe all there votes were multiple choice.. i mean i saw someone say they didnt mind if it was london OR newcastle.. so..

pete where u think people mostly want to go??

Brammers
08-12-09, 23:19
[Edit 2] Ok there is a new thread - Please see http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144048

I've ask for this thread to be closed to avoid any confusion with the polls.

Trivaldi
08-12-09, 23:39
Please see this thread:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144048