View Full Version : Who's coming back for the patch?

L0KI
18-11-09, 11:03
To all those that read these forums, and don't necessarily post, I'd just like see how many of you are going to return to this jewell of a game when the new patch is released in the next 12 weeks!

I for one, will be!

I just hope the patch is released prior to re-introducing subscription payments, so that we actually get a chance to trial it.

/hopes we'll see a lot of old names!

nabbl
18-11-09, 11:58
Lolz...

That cant be a question. Of course I am back.

This game will never release me from its frckin awesomeness :-)

flib
18-11-09, 15:10
I'll come back to check it out, especially if it's over winter break.

zii
18-11-09, 15:55
Yeah, isn't it about time you graced the servers, Loki? ;)

L0KI
18-11-09, 16:14
Yeah, isn't it about time you graced the servers, Loki? ;)

Yeah, I tend to have a bi-annual return. It's been like that for about 4 years.

lol.

Bond.rc
18-11-09, 16:23
i'm in :)

Hell-demon
18-11-09, 16:31
Neocron has left me a jilted lover. Oh, I listen to her promises and fall for her feminine wiles, but I know that bitch will divorce me and take my house.

I wish I could quit you Neocron you poisonous whore but I like being hurt by you.

NAPPER
19-11-09, 00:52
Im here i have big hopes :D

rob444
19-11-09, 02:20
what patch? 8|

nobby
19-11-09, 02:30
Patch?

Ha!

I give it 6 months before we get any form of new patch :p

-zero-
19-11-09, 08:16
I would so play so much more, as well as even be glad to pay monthly.

But i just wish they would make monks more playable (apu) and make spys not the main pvper. Just make it more overall rounded off. more like nc1. I could easily kill a buffed apu on my spy on nc1. So i mean just make it go back to the way it was!!! lol.

DarkAvengance/MoonStriker/Maverik(freakonaleash)/ZeroblazE/

L0KI
19-11-09, 10:10
But i just wish they would make monks more playable (apu) and make spys not the main pvper. Just make it more overall rounded off. more like nc1. I could easily kill a buffed apu on my spy on nc1. So i mean just make it go back to the way it was!!! lol.

I do very much agree. Some people see it very differently though.

Not to de-rail the thread, but :

In NC1:

- APU's did crazy high damage, but were piss weak.
- Tanks Did high damage, but were generally slow
- Melee tanks did less damage than their HC counterparts, but were incredibly fast, and harder to hit.
- Spies did high damage, but also piss weak
- PEs were in the middle... a good one could kill a tank, a bad one would get annihilated.
- Hybrids were possible, but by no means THAT viable (towards the end).

The above makes sense, doesn't it?

In NC2.2

- APUs are a joke. So easy to kill, and barely able to scratch any other class.
- Tanks still do high damage
- Spies outdamage any other class by a country mile, and have decent defense to back it up.
- PEs are the new hybrids. Unless they conform to one of a few setups, they're really no good.
Even then, if they hit every shot vs any other class which also hits with every shot.... they will lose.
- Hybrids are not even possible, due to the bullshit APU.

Another thing: Implants didn't require a scientific calculator to work out potential stats.

Anyway...

/end rant. We'll never go back to NC1.

Jipz
19-11-09, 14:42
Yea bring back nc1 but add the 2.2 content in it :o

Biglines
19-11-09, 14:44
Yea bring back nc1 but add the 2.2 content in it :o
which content?

Jipz
19-11-09, 14:55
woc...but with nc1 weapons, woc won't be a requirement anymore...

Biglines
19-11-09, 16:28
so what use would woc be?

Jipz
19-11-09, 17:20
Different weapons but not the most powerful.
A tl 113 weapons should be better than a 100 one ( exec vs xbow)

Biglines
19-11-09, 17:36
then what use is getting woc xp if they aren't better than the normal ones? if the others are viable, noone would get woc xp...

LiL T
19-11-09, 17:38
yeah if they stop the cheating...

Jipz
19-11-09, 17:41
then what use is getting woc xp if they aren't better than the normal ones? if the others are viable, noone would get woc xp...

Woc wep could get something that others don't have like poison mod ou sumething else;...
But no more wococron pls...

zii
19-11-09, 18:31
Did not notice any wococron to be honest.

Doc Holliday
20-11-09, 01:20

woc should be for style points and not essential items for pvp.

i cant think of the word for it but it should be the glitz and glamour for the player rather than a necessity for some classes like it is at the moment. gone are the days of variance in set ups for fun. it shouldnt be this way.

Biglines
20-11-09, 11:15
tbh, I don't get the woc bashing, woc is in no way mandatory except for pe's, but thats cuz pe's are gimped, not because of woc. hell, woc on tanks is hardly useful, only for the much sought after variety in setups (woc = gone means even more cookie cutter setups for tanks/spies)

L0KI
20-11-09, 21:06
woc should be for style points and not essential items for pvp.

i cant think of the word for it but it should be the glitz and glamour for the player rather than a necessity for some classes like it is at the moment. gone are the days of variance in set ups for fun. it shouldnt be this way.

I guess I don't have to say I agree, as most of you probably know I'm very PRO NC1. In spite of this, I agree.

William Antrim
20-11-09, 22:55
I guess I don't have to say I agree, as most of you probably know I'm very PRO NC1. In spite of this, I agree.

I dont have to say that I agree, but I will anyway just because I've posted now.

Like the T-800 said.....

"I'll be back". 8|

Eidolon
21-11-09, 00:32
tbh, I don't get the woc bashing, woc is in no way mandatory except for pe's, but thats cuz pe's are gimped, not because of woc. hell, woc on tanks is hardly useful, only for the much sought after variety in setups (woc = gone means even more cookie cutter setups for tanks/spies)

If you want less cookie cutter setups, then start rallying for things to go back to how they were in early beta, with no over-skilling, or at least only a minor difference if you do, instead of it being a necessity.

L0KI
21-11-09, 03:21
If you want less cookie cutter setups, then start rallying for things to go back to how they were in early beta, with no over-skilling, or at least only a minor difference if you do, instead of it being a necessity.

Yeah... I believe I started not long after that.

BRING BACK BACKPACKS TOO!

NAPPER
21-11-09, 09:34

I loved NC1 as much as the next guy but Games have to move forward not back.

nobby
22-11-09, 03:30
Hang on Guys...

Have we all not seen this before?

thus we are planning an according patch.

This to me means Nothing.

Have we all forgotten long ago "a patch is in the works" ?

then nothing for what, a whole year?

then again "patch is in the works"

and then another year passes with an admittance confirming that all work on Neocron had been put on hold for resources to work fully on Black Prophecy?

I think this mere quote from Kirk tells me that, " This patch we started in 2007, got "started" then left for Black Prophecy, however we'll use this "point of time" as a way to bring hope to the people just by using this as an example without actually saying "We have gone back onto working on the patch."

I wish you'd all stop getting excited over what I believe is potentially Nothing :p

And the NC3, thing- are these sweeteners to the "Yeah, you guys are gonna have to start paying again?" because otherwise we would only have negative bs
Nobby believes actions speak louder than words.

Hell-demon
22-11-09, 03:41
Doesn't NC3 success depend on Black Prophecy? Shouldn't we wait to see if that pans out?

Setlec
22-11-09, 06:07
Doesn't NC3 success depend on Black Prophecy? Shouldn't we wait to see if that pans out?

NC3 doesn't rely on BP' success. Why do you think that it would?

I think this mere quote from Kirk tells me that, " This patch we started in 2007, got "started" then left for Black Prophecy, however we'll use this "point of time" as a way to bring hope to the people just by using this as an example without actually saying "We have gone back onto working on the patch."

What does this "point of time" mean?

Nytewolf2k7
22-11-09, 12:29
Back? When did I leave? 8|

Biglines
22-11-09, 12:43
NC3 doesn't rely on BP' success. Why do you think that it would?
because in the world of reality and organisations that need profit to survive, nc3 would need development from a company that has the funds to survive

Biglines
22-11-09, 12:47
well seeing as there is a slight difference in that now they say they won't charge before a patch, and they're now finally able to charge again (paypal wouldn't do business with an insolvent company), there's a slightly higher incentive to actually do something, seeing as getting paid > not getting paid

Nullvoid
22-11-09, 14:07
I'd like to but I think there are more things wrong with the game than KK can ever hope to fix with this one patch so it's doubtful I'll end up paying for the game again. :(

Hell-demon
22-11-09, 16:01
I'd be more impressed if KK said they were going bring patches instead of just one or two. It's going to be just like every other patch; population boost for a month, no new content, population drops again.

Neocron needs balancing, bug fixes, exploit fixes and generally needs to be made up to par with it's competitors. So you can undersatnd why KK focus on a new game entirely. Plus with all the coders and devs working on BP who is going to knock out this fabled patch that will herald the future of neocron?

Usually it's just one guy O_o

Nixon
22-11-09, 16:58
There will not be new players in current Neocron, that's the simple truth. The patches would be made for the current community which is probably less than 500 people.

And yeah BP has to be at least a moderate success unless KK has millions in their back pocket for 3-4 years of development if they want to continue. Also i'm pretty sure the game will succeed.

Kamuix99
22-11-09, 20:38
I won't be coming back. To be perfectly honest, Fallen Earth has everything that fascinated me about Neocron and it's up to date with lots of potential in the future. I don't see how any patch on Neocron 2 could make up to the huge difference there is, may it be content, may it be Synch-free wastelands, may it be graphics, etc.

The patch will be an late contribution to the community who kept on playing NC while most others have left, but it can't bring the game to a state, where it's able to compete against current games.

Biglines
23-11-09, 15:49
I won't be coming back. To be perfectly honest, Fallen Earth has everything that fascinated me about Neocron and it's up to date with lots of potential in the future. I don't see how any patch on Neocron 2 could make up to the huge difference there is, may it be content, may it be Synch-free wastelands, may it be graphics, etc.

The patch will be an late contribution to the community who kept on playing NC while most others have left, but it can't bring the game to a state, where it's able to compete against current games.
lol, FA, I won't start bashing FA in this thread, we had a lot of discussion bout that already.

but tbh, a proper patch would bring the community back to at least the 20% it saw for a while after it got free, which is about a 4 fold increase over current pops.

L0KI
23-11-09, 16:28
I like Fallen Earth. I'm near capped, and I'm STILL enjoying it.

However, it's not as good as Neocron. It lacks everything which made NC exciting.

So, I for one am hanging on for whatever NEW content KK release first, whether it be NC2.3 or BP.

Until then, Icarus Studios get my £££

nobby
23-11-09, 16:32
Maybe if KK used their bloody money on simple advertising like google adwords, we'd see a good new 10 faces at least a week :p

But no, for some reason...

I'll buy this game one day...

then you'll all hear " DING DONG! Your leader Nobby wishes everyone a lovely day ! Ahhhhhh" DING DONG !

joking aside, if they got someone with half a bloody brain, we would have thousands playing this game right now :(

Kamuix99
23-11-09, 19:02
Well as I already mentioned in other threads, in direct comparision NC2 to FE, FE wins in almost every category. The only arguments that people bring up for NC2 is that FE misses the atmosphere and so on - but walking through a player deserted server of just a few hardcore fans busy with themself doesn't have lot of atmosphere IMHO.

A Neocron 3 could get up on par with Fallen Earth, Earthrise, Global Agenda, etc. again, but even a patched NC2 is outdated now and can't win back the subscription numbers that it once had.

Setlec
23-11-09, 20:14
they need start cooking NC 3 just after BP is released... There is no more hope to NC , patches aren't the solution to revive NC! on my topic "NC2.x/3 possible engine (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143976)" i thought that KK could use a cheap engine yet great engine to make NC3. it's quite hard to imagine that ppl will pay for NC2 after some patch. If KK can persuade their BP investors to invest in NC3 using the same game engine as BP that would be great but this depend on how KK will persuade them.