PDA

View Full Version : 3 wishes for neocron (from the good fairy)

Torg
07-11-09, 13:54
Here it is: you are just strolling the streets of NC. all of a sudden theres a fat freeze ray, nailing you to the floor. and a bright light in front of you. next you dont meet the question on the genrep of your liking, but a good fairy. the fairy, well, is somewhat roundfaced and thin-haired and goes by the name of "Kirk", but goes on offering you 3 wishes. for the next NC patch.

now, runner. what are your 3 main wishes for the neocron patch, announced to be upon us within 3 months time?

vices
07-11-09, 16:51
Increase melee damage and reduce melee weapon wear

Dribble Joy
07-11-09, 18:38
Melee dmg/wear increase/decrease.

Plasma pistol clip increase.

Noob drones fixed.

Obviously I could go on and on but there's not much point talking about it since it would require a wholesale reworking of the game, which isn't going to happen soon and more something for the future (NC3?)

Edit:

Kami chips!!! *twitch twitch*

Prom_STar
07-11-09, 18:58
stacking dot apu spells
viable vehicles (that PEs can gun)
melee fixed (dmg up, wear down)

Setlec
07-11-09, 19:45
Hybrids powered (spells and armors)...
APU damage stacking and better frequency...
PPU 2 shields as in 2.1, melee boost extra life back.

Sydalesis
07-11-09, 22:18
Finnish Balance project

NC3

NC3

Kanedax
08-11-09, 00:18
Fix the dissy
Fix the dissy
Fix the dissy

Biglines
08-11-09, 02:06
anti cheat
active gms
no more fatals

yes in that order

extract
08-11-09, 02:20
patch in more people please

zii
08-11-09, 23:36
mend paypal
advertising campaign
mend noob drones - did not realise this was a problem, but since DJ noted it then I suppose it might well be.

Reaction77
09-11-09, 01:23
Increase melee damage
Reduce melee weapon wear
Reduce/eliminate clipping

Doc Holliday
09-11-09, 01:39
make the rough balance of the guns the same as the end of nc1. offer diversification of set ups again (dont enforce pa on certain classes etc so its not attack of the clones)

above all make the game secure again and rid of the cheats and hopefully increase of the populations to make it a fun experience for people.

try and get the difference between WOC and non WOC under control. it would be nice to see people fighting with different guns again rather than cookie cutter.

fix pve so its more fun and the unused places get used again (the caves in particular)

fuck. i could go on and on here but i think it gives an idea.

Garfield
09-11-09, 12:45
bring a runspeed cap again
give apu`s the HAB/dmg boost back
hm WoC3 PAs without any malus or fix melee :angel:

Kalonji Faya
09-11-09, 14:01
- cheat detection tool
- ADD CONTENT (woc spells, armors, quests, etc ...)
- GM's organising events

and some basic fixes : holy drone booster, noob drones, melee dmg, apu freq, hyb and PE viable again, fix vhc for PEs, etc ...

Can't wait for the next patch !! :)

Kalonji

edit : Hi garfield ! how are ya ?!

L0KI
09-11-09, 15:14
- Remove all cheats/ portable gogus, etc etc.

- Put 147 STORM bots on every zone line between safe/non-safe (ie - P1-P2)

- Make EVERYTHING viable again. FUCK balance.

PLUS - Everything my old friend Mr Holliday said.

nabbl
09-11-09, 15:51
runspeed cap..

runspeed cap..

erm

and make APU viable again. (give him HAB ?...)

Biglines
09-11-09, 17:03
why runspeed cap :S the only reason for that i can see is that you somehow cant hit lowtech chars, but isn't that the whole point of using lowtech? so u can be faster?

Doc Holliday
09-11-09, 17:32
- Remove all cheats/ portable gogus, etc etc.

- Put 147 STORM bots on every zone line between safe/non-safe (ie - P1-P2)

- Make EVERYTHING viable again. FUCK balance.

PLUS - Everything my old friend Mr Holliday said.

We want the best parts of nc1 back. not all of it. it wasnt all beer and skittles but variation of classes made it fun.

Mad_Deunan
09-11-09, 17:51
1. one server
2. install Neocron 1 on that server (patch 190 or another)
3. annnd stripper gals in my appa

Garfield
09-11-09, 18:15
why runspeed cap :S the only reason for that i can see is that you somehow cant hit lowtech chars, but isn't that the whole point of using lowtech? so u can be faster?

the whole point of having as much speed as u can get is "abuse" the gamemechanics f.e. clipping

so in my opinion a runspeedcap either a code fix is the only solution

and a probably positive aspect is more varied setups are possible

Biglines
09-11-09, 18:42
the whole point of having as much speed as u can get is "abuse" the gamemechanics f.e. clipping

so in my opinion a runspeedcap either a code fix is the only solution

and a probably positive aspect is more varied setups are possible
uhm, i never clip, i use my speed so i don't get hit because of the way I move... hell i wudnt know how to clip effectively... but yes, remove clipping, but seeing as clipping has nothing to do with runspeed, leave runspeed alone...

a runspeed cap only makes sure every single person has the same speed, how is that varied? :S atm u can chose at least runspeed vs resists, your solution would mean everyone uses the same setup

Kanedax
10-11-09, 00:13
uhm, i never clip, i use my speed so i don't get hit because of the way I move... hell i wudnt know how to clip effectively... but yes, remove clipping, but seeing as clipping has nothing to do with runspeed, leave runspeed alone...

a runspeed cap only makes sure every single person has the same speed, how is that varied? :S atm u can chose at least runspeed vs resists, your solution would mean everyone uses the same setup

Everyone clips. You may not try to but it's a fundamental flaw of the game. Every time someone runs up a hill they clip. So like Garfield said, either a code fix or a run speed cap would work but KK has gone on record as saying there is no way to fix the netcode with out an entire overhaul of the game including a different engine and that it's not a viable solution at the time.

I posted a list earlier that was somewhat obnoxious so I'd like to clarify what I'd actually like.

Balancing - The biggest problem for me right now is the dissy but I'd also like to see the First Love, Creed, Redeemer and Judge become viable weapons again.

Content - The game has gotten stale, the setups are cookie cutter. I'd like to see some new WoC content especially for tanks and monks to make it worth putting in the time to get WoC on those characters. Some new non-WoC weapons would be nice as well, maybe a camo PA for spies as well.

Fixing the classes - I'd love for the hybrid and melee tank to be viable options again, I'd also like to see HAB and DB go back to the APU.

Biglines
10-11-09, 01:24
Everyone clips. You may not try to but it's a fundamental flaw of the game. Every time someone runs up a hill they clip. So like Garfield said, either a code fix or a run speed cap would work but KK has gone on record as saying there is no way to fix the netcode with out an entire overhaul of the game including a different engine and that it's not a viable solution at the time.

I posted a list earlier that was somewhat obnoxious so I'd like to clarify what I'd actually like.

Balancing - The biggest problem for me right now is the dissy but I'd also like to see the First Love, Creed, Redeemer and Judge become viable weapons again.

Content - The game has gotten stale, the setups are cookie cutter. I'd like to see some new WoC content especially for tanks and monks to make it worth putting in the time to get WoC on those characters. Some new non-WoC weapons would be nice as well, maybe a camo PA for spies as well.

Fixing the classes - I'd love for the hybrid and melee tank to be viable options again, I'd also like to see HAB and DB go back to the APU.
well I tend not to run through hills, since I prefer fighting on the flat surfaces, but without speed I'd be dead easy to hit... and a speedcap wouldn't stop clipping, it wud just make it more nescesairy to clip because you can't dodge the shots :S (I find it hard to believe getting hit is actually the point of you proposal...)

tbh ak is just as dangerous as a dissy atm, its just more difficult to use, skilled people can use them both the same dmg tho.

but i agree with most of the rest, although cookie cutter setups dont really exist, I know that most of the good players all use different setups (I never fight the people that say it's all cookie cutter I guess)

Selendor
10-11-09, 14:30
Reakktor's goal is to charge again for Neocron by releasing a patch. In order for me to pay again for the game, it would be free of cheats and have a decent population. Therefore my 3 wishes would be:

1) Anti Cheat solution, be it detection or a runspeed / damage cap
2) New missions and items, to give a reason to return to PvE
3) Altered Outpost war system, to give a reason to return to PvP

The majority of players have reached the endgame, so that should be the focus, I don't believe a swathe of new players can be attracted without a complete re-write.

Biglines
10-11-09, 15:02
3) Altered Outpost war system, to give a reason to return to PvP

how would you say it needs to be altered? For the last two days i've had around 3-4 opwars a night?

L0KI
10-11-09, 15:38
This is how I would fix the OP war system (utilising what the game CAN do, without creating too much work...)

Attacking clan hacks the op... ONCE.
'Security Barrier Shutdown process enabled - 30 Minutes until shutdown.'

30 minute countdown timer begins amongst both the attacking and defending clan. Members of both clans get regular 5 minutely updates in chat.

Defending clan has 30 minutes to defend said OP, and get a hacker in to re-secure the OP.
'Security Barrier has been re-enabled.'

If defending clan can't get a hacker in to re-secure the OP, then after the 30 minutes, both clans get the following message:
'Security Barrier Disabled - Outpost Security is now offline.'

After the 30 minutes have elapsed, it's literally a fight to get to the hack terminal. So, in any scenario (pretty much), the dominant clan on the day will get the OP. The defending clan gets plenty of opportunity to defend the OP.

That'd be fun, right? No hacknet, no 3 x hackers.

Sydalesis
10-11-09, 15:50
So im the only one who wants this Balance project to actually be completed ?

I dont get this did everyone roll spys and tanks and just want their dizzy fixed or something ?

Sad....

Seriously they could finnish balance project and seriously enhance nc2.2 and i would never really come back even with 50% pop.

The game is totally outdated in every aspect and has lost it's entire lust, i would seriously keep it on life support and move everything to nc3 but that's just me because every work on neocron since nc 2 has been all but good.

You cant just tell people to come back to nc after all this, even the die hard fans will not resub.

Neocron has been free for more than a year or 2 .... the servers are empty....
Put subscriptions back and you get it to ghost out no matter how many patches you give it, it's a decade old game and it did it's time in all due respect.

In my opinion there is too much to fix in the current game, you should start fresh with nc3 asap and just keep nc2 on life support like it currently is, i cant see why they would spend dev time on this again, pure waste of money.

CMaster
10-11-09, 17:13
Stop the know 'sploits (though the cash economy is hopelessly broken by now)
Buff vehicles. (Not just a little. Massive buff, like 100% extra damage at least).
Nerf PPUs /Buff melee conservativley (can't pick what priority to give these)

Beyond that, I'd love to see the balancing project finished and actually acheive something approaching balance. Loki, you're talking nonsense with "fuck balance, make everything viable" - the only way everything can be viable is given careful and through balancing. If you don't balance things, then one or two combos end up better that everything else, and they become the only viable setups.

I'd also love to see Op Wars overhauled. At the very least, some changes made to give advantage to the defenders, rather than the current daft state of advantage attackers. Better would be a system where op walls and defences actually mean something, and combat is taken away from the UG entrance somewhat.

I don't believe a runspeed cap would help much at all. It's quite possible to "clip" while walking, never mind running hopped up on 20 drugs. It's also an often ignored fact that a big chunk of the problem is not caused by "clipping" at all, but by player location lag (there is a difference). A reduction in runspeed would help somewhat with this, but far from solve it. A lot of the problems could only really be solved by making NC a true-shooter. (I think this even more having seen problems caused by other implementations of pretend-shooter games now). Being slow in NC always makes the game much less fun for me, too.

L0KI
10-11-09, 17:27
Beyond that, I'd love to see the balancing project finished and actually acheive something approaching balance. Loki, you're talking nonsense with "fuck balance, make everything viable" - the only way everything can be viable is given careful and through balancing.

Perhaps you're right. Bad choice of wording on my part.

I stand by what I said though, and the reason for this, is that so called 'balancing' is what killed balance and viability in the first place.

In my opinion (and as you know, I say this from experience), the game was more balanced before the 'balancing project'. So, if we must 'Finish' the balancing project, may I at least suggest that we start from the beginning, with a blank slate?

Before the so called balancing, several more setups were viable, thus the game was more balanced. I for one knew that I was never going to be as quick or as well armoured as other PEs by using very high tech pistols, but that was my choice. Forcing PA onto classes in order to be viable isn't very balanced.

That's not nonsense now, is it?

If you don't balance things, then one or two combos end up better that everything else, and they become the only viable setups.

That's the in-game situation now. It wasn't like this in NC1. There were far more available setups.

CMaster
10-11-09, 17:44
Perhaps you're right. Bad choice of wording on my part.

I stand by what I said though, and the reason for this, is that so called 'balancing' is what killed balance and viability in the first place.

In my opinion (and as you know, I say this from experience), the game was more balanced before the 'balancing project'. So, if we must 'Finish' the balancing project, may I at least suggest that we start from the beginning, with a blank slate?

Before the so called balancing, several more setups were viable, thus the game was more balanced. I for one knew that I was never going to be as quick or as well armoured as other PEs by using very high tech pistols, but that was my choice. Forcing PA onto classes in order to be viable isn't very balanced.

That's not nonsense now, is it?

That's the in-game situation now. It wasn't like this in NC1. There were far more available setups.

You seem to be forgetting that in-game image actually matter to some people. I for one have never used the 'cookie-cutter' setup, yet I find myself drawn to it all the more since NC 2.2. It gives little other choice.

Hey, I never said that the balancing project worked out very well, did I?
I'm inclined to say that NC1 perhaps had greater variety simply because people didn't have the universal access to top-end gear, nor the min-maxing experience that people do now. Even given that, since 2.2 we went through several different setups being in vouge then abandoned. I think people also underestimate what the 2.2 balancing did acheive. The PPU/APU stranglehold was broken (although a little too much of that emphasis was on the APU side). Blessed hybrids were gone. A bunch of formerly useless items were brought back into the useful fold. Pistol tanks were made a lot more feasible. Sure, APUs got broken badly, new uber-setups have prevailed and we've waved a sad goodbye to the HC/MC PEs. Also, one of the earlier anti-hybrid measures on the test server got mistakenly left in place and scuppered a whole collection of possible PE setups. (Basically, at the moment PPU (and APU) reqs on spells are too high. This should go.)

But the key point is that we need a calibrated curve of tradeoffs to make as many options as possible available. I think my brief investigation into weapon damage showed we don't have that, as did KK's odd refusal to stretch out the rare weapons.

Biglines
10-11-09, 19:01
I dunno, but on my pe I can beat 80% of the tanks I fight, and 70% of the spies, and I don't agree with the cookie cutter setups for tanks and spies, I can think of at least 7 people with totally different setups playing atm (the PE is pretty cookie cutter ofc, because there's only a few ways to be able to use proper weapons)

Torg
10-11-09, 20:30
my 3 wishes to the good fairy:

1. stop pretending NC would be a pure online-shooter, tainted with a margin of RP. the RPG part of NC needs to be revived. my idea:

a new approach to SL/facsymp/LE problems.
under this new approach every new char would start in "LE-mode" without a need of wearing an actual LE. so eveyone can join a clan right away. clans will now be able to declare war to each other (with a new faction war manager at the faction HQ), so they are "red" to each other and will be able fight without penalty. a war declaration, lasting a week or a month, would cost you 1 mil CR for enemy factions, 2 mil CR for neutral and 4 mil for allieds. people longing for all-out-combat at all times will complete a new "gladiator" epic quest and be able to fight any other gladiator any time without any penalties.

this would solve the basic MMO-problem of "consentual vs non-consentual PVP". LE is redundant. so is the SL, the faction symp and all related exploits and fudging. there will be a third status beyond "LE/no PVP" and "no LE/PVP", namely PVP to an ememy clan only, at the OP or elsewhere.

2. fix exploits and cheats. this isnt easy, so start fixing money exploits by reducing the sum NPCs would pay for exploitable goods. add a new currency from loot, like "cryptonite crystals", very light-weighted and more valuable than armor part 10.

3. new items. more weapons, armor. (plasma wave pistol, mini rocket rifle, energy ball launcher, parashock barrel, shrapnel cannon, wearable shild generators, more camo-PAs, hybrid-monk-PA, more leather- and wiremesh-armor from recycling)

... getting people back into the game will require more than 169. we need a 2.3.

my answer to your ideas on balancing: i like the balance of 2.2 more than in 1.0 (yes, i started in late 02). yes, the monk is weaker, but all monks subclasses had been way too strong, back then. i would agree to a gentle reducing of both TC and WOC weapon boni and a reintroducing of the hybrid monk, for solo-players.

CMaster
10-11-09, 20:34
Oh yeah, 2.2 nerfed para to hell too, which was nice.
There actually use to be a parashock barrel. Not sure if they put it back in with 2.2 or not, after converting existing ones to frozen barrels.

mdares
10-11-09, 20:44
1. fix cheats

2. increase freq for APU spells (before used to be 100+/min which is pretty high; now its 30/min which is much too low; I'd say go with 60-75/min)

3. decrease a bit APU/PPU malus for hybrid monks (not too much mind you but like maybe to 50% of the degree it is at now)

Mighty Max
10-11-09, 21:14
Because of point #1 of my preposter, discussion about balance (from the current view/background) is pointless..
Very esp. in the aspect of runspeed.

Brammers
11-11-09, 12:24
My wishlist would be.

1. Fix the expliots and cheats - I'm fed up hearing about it.
2. Make the APU monk class useable in fights.
3. Make the MC tank class useable in fights. (I suspect in this case, it's a case of fix the netcode)
4. Add a new trophy - I want a model car for my office in Techhaven. :D

Saiyuki-
12-11-09, 00:31
Fix the dissy
Fix the dissy
Fix the dissy

this ^

INFERNO22
12-11-09, 13:07
1. Build Time Machine
2. Rezzurect NC1
3. Make p1 a safe haven for all factions like it used to be .

fuck they where good times.

Biglines
12-11-09, 13:23
1. Build Time Machine
2. Rezzurect NC1
3. Make p1 a safe haven for all factions like it used to be .

fuck they where good times.
lool, hint, try the game, p1 is a safe haven for all factions for about 2 years or more already :P and doy has been abandoned and factions are pretty much the same as before doy

Jipz
12-11-09, 15:09
-Back slasher to 113dex and 370 shots min as it used to be
-Make executionner viable again

L0KI
12-11-09, 15:38
Make ALL RARES viable again

Corrected :)

Doc Holliday
12-11-09, 17:15
Corrected :)

2nded. agreed. quoted for truth.

Biglines
12-11-09, 17:31
why make all rares viable? then they all have to have the same requirements too..

Jipz
12-11-09, 17:59
why make all rares viable? then they all have to have the same requirements too..

Before, you could be a pe with a wyatt and still be able to kill everyone,
You have to admit some wep need a big boost (exec...)

Biglines
12-11-09, 19:29
if all weapons are as viable, there wont be any difference in setups :S

I mean, the weapons could be balanced, but then the cs, the dev, the healing light, the AK and the boomstick shud be balanced too, and revenges removed from the damn game

GuNSh1ft
12-11-09, 20:00
1. Anti Cheat tool
2. No clipping
3. Fix hybrids!

and just cause.. FIX FATAL ERRORS

INFERNO22
12-11-09, 20:19
lool, hint, try the game, p1 is a safe haven for all factions for about 2 years or more already :P and doy has been abandoned and factions are pretty much the same as before doy

ah cool, its a good 5 years ago when I played. Ive been toying with the idea of trying it again.

But the game I loved died when NC2 came. I don't think it would be quite the same again, but its nice to hear there trying to bring it back to its roots again.

And lol they aint fixing fatal errors. Its part of the game :P They have been there since launch many many moons ago. It would be like ripping the games soul away.. :P :lol:

gamefreak
12-11-09, 20:43
I've heard there aren't any fatals on Win7.

LiL T
12-11-09, 21:22
1. stop the cheaters ruining the game

2. Fix the dissy no weapon that lets you run around like that should dish out that much damage on top of that you give spys a bloody PA that actually adds agility WTF, it is worse than the old slasher PE's using damage boost.

3. Give people more reasons to fight so we are not just zonewhoring it in plaza 2, perhaps make kills in battlezones mean something.

Infact screw that just make weapons as they were before, change armour to affect whole body again and not just the part they are fitted to ie trousers effect the whole body. You changed it to make more variations in armour setups, well I'm not seeing it I'm seeing the opposite when setting up my tank I wear full inquisition armor because it makes everything equal when it comes to spending con points. That is boring as hell, I use to use a wide variation of armours to setup my characters before you changed it, like monk armour on my PE mixed with inquisition etc.

I've heard there aren't any fatals on Win7.

There are hardly any fatals on windows 7 but its not immune from them but I've hardly ever had a fatal while playing with windows 7 installed.

Apocalypsox
13-11-09, 02:19
Fix melee
Fix noob drones (Or just noobs, for that matter.)
Fix mob drops, so tech hunting and such is viable again. (along with kick starting the economy again somehow.

Dribble Joy
13-11-09, 05:44
Fire mobs drop techs like flies. You can earn several mil in a couple of hours hunting.

Though it is true that WB drop rates could do with being increased.

CMaster
13-11-09, 13:29
if all weapons are as viable, there wont be any difference in setups :S

I mean, the weapons could be balanced, but then the cs, the dev, the healing light, the AK and the boomstick shud be balanced too, and revenges removed from the damn game

Viable != equal.
Viable means that you get an equivalent character depending on what weapon you set up for. In principle this means that by speccing for Wyatt you get to buff out in defensive options, while with an exec you lose out on the defense in return for a lot of damage. However, should the Wyatt and the Exec user come up against each other, then they'll drop dead at about the same time (allowing for some kind of hypothetically equal skill).

Kalonji Faya
13-11-09, 14:55
I forgot one thing I wish they will patch : P1/P2 zoneline PAD bug
or make all plaza zones safe so fights will be more in pepper park as it used to be :)

Kalonji

LiL T
13-11-09, 17:50
Fire mobs drop techs like flies. You can earn several mil in a couple of hours hunting.

Though it is true that WB drop rates could do with being increased.

except that hunting fire mobs with anything other than a tank is very difficult due to them mobs being a tad over powered, even them hoppers are lethal. I'd really love to go warbot hunting again also

Biglines
13-11-09, 19:22
uhm, I prefer hunting on my rifle spy actually, a good sniper rifle is all u need to kill percies

Mighty Max
13-11-09, 19:26
Then do DoY Tunnels - train your Fire and Hide rythm.
Grab the Slotenhancers as a bonus to the techs.

Dribble Joy
21-11-09, 04:19
Oh.

Increased xp for higher lvl tradeskills.

Capping a char on cst alone is horrible.

LiL T
22-11-09, 04:34
Oh.

Increased xp for higher lvl tradeskills.

Capping a char on cst alone is horrible.

I agree but I think higher xp for intel only to prevent it being exploited :rolleyes:

Drevious
22-11-09, 05:05
i would like to see way more than 3 things done. but..
1. fix hacking/duping
2. keep trying to balance pvp (a few weapons should be lowered and certain vehicles like hoverbomber should have aoe and maybe more damage)
3. add more

Rambus
22-11-09, 05:11
Pick a random server, and completely reset it.

Biglines
22-11-09, 12:28
Pick a random server, and completely reset it.
yes and see 99% if the people on that server never coming back

Nullvoid
22-11-09, 14:02

The populations never seem to go over 5% so that's not exactly the most compelling counter-argument. :p

Jodo
22-11-09, 17:12
The populations never seem to go over 5% so that's not exactly the most compelling counter-argument. :p

99% of the current population would be fairly devastating actually.

Hell-demon
22-11-09, 18:20
What would happen if everything got reverted to neocron 1?

Put on your nostalgia goggles (the goggles they do nothing! :p) and think how would things pan out.

Drevious
22-11-09, 19:43
Also - Bring back NC1 models. New ones are ugly and not appealing. Bring back clothing changer. I would like to see major class changes done but i dont really have the time to think it all through. I would like to see classes fit their description more, but still be balanced to each other. I think they should go about it by doing what other games have done, by making it so certain classes have an advantage over other classes. Something like....PE would be pretty equal to all classes but always have a slight disadvantage because well...they are PE's. Then tank > spy | monk > tank | spy > monk | pe = all |

If they could somehow make it like that it would be cool lol. There need to be more class specific items/gadgets to balance the game not just changing weapon damages. In my opinion.

EDIT:: But for the record so no one quotes me and tries to flame me. Things would still be balanced, the advantage over other classes would be slight I.E. a tank vs. a spy the tank should obviously win face to face but if the player of the spy was skilled and used his class items to an advantage he could ultimatley win.

EDIT2: P.P.S. On second though - Scratch all that. If you bring back clothing changer and make it so my spy can wear the old PE model of the flame pants and the coat with the dragon on the back. Then i will be happy and buy a year subscription to your game. Thanks for reading.

zii
22-11-09, 21:23
i) Update NC engine to the engine used for BP.
ii) Intergrate the NC game into BP so that it can be used for walking around the space stations, cities allowing player interaction.

Imagine:
The link between Irata and Earth is re-established and travel begins thanks to the newly established worm-hole link. The Gentank takes a transport from NC space-port and arrives at the port in a space station out in Irata. He buys a one person ship, raids a bank in the space station and runs into the station docking area, jumps (literally) into his small one-man ship and flies out of the docking area into space, downs some police fighters and off into the void.

(No one has Cursed Souls out there in Irata, so its a pretty rare weapon and only found in the wastelands on Earth. Thus, trade ensues between the two civilizations. The two games could actually be connected after BP has established itself, and the NC engine has been updated. Neocron could be provided as an extension of BP, but it is already inhabited by the previous NC players. NC players have an advantage because they can deal in and have the NC based weapons that were undiscovered in BP, and the BP players have space ships.
It could be the meeting of two different peoples in the game world. Some NC players would integrate with the BP players and join their factions, or vice-verse. Some players from BP visit and NC and vice-verse.)

CMaster
22-11-09, 21:35
Also - Bring back NC1 models. New ones are ugly and not appealing. Bring back clothing changer. I would like to see major class changes done but i dont really have the time to think it all through. I would like to see classes fit their description more, but still be balanced to each other. I think they should go about it by doing what other games have done, by making it so certain classes have an advantage over other classes. Something like....PE would be pretty equal to all classes but always have a slight disadvantage because well...they are PE's. Then tank > spy | monk > tank | spy > monk | pe = all |

If they could somehow make it like that it would be cool lol. There need to be more class specific items/gadgets to balance the game not just changing weapon damages. In my opinion.

EDIT:: But for the record so no one quotes me and tries to flame me. Things would still be balanced, the advantage over other classes would be slight I.E. a tank vs. a spy the tank should obviously win face to face but if the player of the spy was skilled and used his class items to an advantage he could ultimatley win.

EDIT2: P.P.S. On second though - Scratch all that. If you bring back clothing changer and make it so my spy can wear the old PE model of the flame pants and the coat with the dragon on the back. Then i will be happy and buy a year subscription to your game. Thanks for reading.

Rokkawear's have been working in game for years.

Drevious
22-11-09, 21:53
but they suck. you cant change face, and its barley customized anyways. the older models looked better, and, bring back the color change to clothing/ PA. Everyone looks the same and its boring.

Rambus
22-11-09, 22:20

I can log on and see a server at 0%

Simply save a snap shot and allow migration to one of the existing servers as had been offered in the past.

There is no point coming back to the game on Terra if you wish to do anything other then op war, even if dupes/hacks etc were fixed you would still have a totally screwed economy.

A would put all my money on the 'clean' server being the only one with a decent population if this were done.

zii
22-11-09, 22:47
There is no point coming back to the game on Terra if you wish to do anything other then op war, even if dupes/hacks etc were fixed you would still have a totally screwed economy.

A would put all my money on the 'clean' server being the only one with a decent population if this were done.

Your clean server idea does not solve any of the problems that you moan about. Whats the point, apart from making it painful for everyone? Anyway, I heard that only cash is pointless (duped), and who cares; Cash has always been in abundance in NC. Its easy to make when unressed rares fetch such a lot of money.

By the way, what is wrong with OPing and pvp?

Rambus
23-11-09, 00:21
Zii, Clearly you have misread my post.

I'm not suggesting they purposefully make the game 'painful' for current players.

I have in no way suggested that they wipe all servers, just a derelict one.

My suggestion was a post patch one, assuming the duping and cheating were to be fixed. I have not been moaning on, I simply provided constructive criticism. I have enjoyed opwars over the years, but trying to reduce neocron to this single activity is daft.

zii
23-11-09, 15:34
Sorry Rambus. An error on my behalf, but I think that you were unclear because Mercury was not mentioned in your post yet Terra was. Thus I had not realised that you were referring to Mercury. This explains your 0% reference to the population.

Mercury sits empty because everyone that was there is either on Terra or Mars, or stopped playing/taking a break, or simply that they cannot log in :(

Biglines
23-11-09, 16:04
uhm afaik mercury is empty because it had broken down quite a while ago?

but if you mean wipe mercury, why would all the people who have everything on terra/mars transfer to a new server? making the game even more fragmented...

and like I said before, the economy is only fucked for new players who have no friends yet, every1 else can get everything else anyway because the economy has stabilized on a new balance (where money is simply worth a bit less, but can be just as easily found/earned).

also, if new people come back, the old traders will have to switch back and a new balance will be struck anyway.

The current balance works just fine, I can make a few mil a day if I really wanted, without exploiting or duping. (one grim firemob yields between 100k and 300k these days, seeing as unressed techs go for 100k each)

the economy isn't fucked, it just made the value of 1 nc drop down and became a player driven economy instead of a game driven economy, which is as far as I'm concerned the point of an ingame economy anyway.

what would also make it easier for new players to gain entry into the current economy is to make the cash reward of missions higher. IMHO a much better solution than a blank slate server that would fragment the pop yet again

Biglines
23-11-09, 16:06
I have enjoyed opwars over the years, but trying to reduce neocron to this single activity is daft.
may I ask what other activities you are referring to? because until about a month ago I hadn't played any serious opwars for about 2 years while still enjoying the game enough to stick around?

Rambus
23-11-09, 22:56
@Zii, also, sorry I didn't realize until afterwords that you had taken my comment to mean Terra or I would have simply clarified.

The server performance has gone down since Neocron 2's launch, this is not because the hardware has degraded but, one could infer, as a result of the clutter in the database(s). A fresh server would have increased performance, a clean economy, and as such would allow players to explore the leveling and epic content again while receiving appropriate awards for their time.

Personally I would love the return of full scale op wars, as that was one of my favorite parts of Neocron. Outposts would partially regain their meaning in a fresh server, having Regants unlocked to your faction, or a factory to build your rare collection again, all these little motivators used to push clans to have op wars.

EDIT:
@Biglines
I have 20mil on all my characters and every rare (in duplicates) I could ever need. I'm not the only person in this situation, the exodus of players left an unreasonable amount of wealth behind. I remember when buying the big expensive plaza apartment made me feel like I had earned something.

@At biglines 2nd post...
I was suggesting that Neocron isn't *just* an opwar/pvp game.

Biglines
24-11-09, 01:13
hehe, i seriously meant what activities you couldn't do anymore. I really don't believe making a new clean slate server will get bigger opfights, seeing as only people who like leveling etc would play there, meaning the fighters remain on the existing servers, of course I can only speak for myself, but opening a 3rd server will not get me to start over again

and what sort of opwars would you like to see again? biggest I've been in so far is about 6 (incl me) vs 10, but I guess that's not really big compared to nc1? (never played nc1 unless u count beta for a while)

mdares
25-11-09, 06:32
the old nc 1 fights were like more than 15 on 15. Those that remember saturn and the old fights between new dawn versus city were epic... 72 hour fights at soliko with shifts.

L0KI
25-11-09, 10:51
the old nc 1 fights were like more than 15 on 15. Those that remember saturn and the old fights between new dawn versus city were epic... 72 hour fights at soliko with shifts.

We had something similar on Uranus.

I decided to start a war on Soliko against the German Alliance (no anti-German feelings on my part, btw. The alliance just happened to be German).

So, there we were... sYn versus 3 clans. There were LOADS of us on (20-30), so we took all of the North East OPs, ending with Soliko.

It was a Friday night, and I had to log off at 11pm as I was working on the saturday, so after we'd taken the OP, and defended it once, I logged off.

The following morning, before work, I logged in. It was 7am GMT. TEN of our guys were still on, defending the OP. Happy, I was. I went off to work, and finally got back online about 3pm that afternoon. To my suprise, there were around 20 sYn guys fighting at Soliko still. Five of them hadn't slept from the night before. Legends.

That was back when it all mattered though.

mdares
25-11-09, 18:50
yeah those days wehre great...

op fights were something to be enjoyed and feared at the same time (getting that omnious message that your op has been hacked, then frantically getting guys together or sending out a spy to scout...)

i miss nc1 =(

Hell-demon
25-11-09, 19:28
I miss fight nights. Never fought in them but loved to watch.

Biglines
25-11-09, 19:34
yeah those days wehre great...

op fights were something to be enjoyed and feared at the same time (getting that omnious message that your op has been hacked, then frantically getting guys together or sending out a spy to scout...)

i miss nc1 =(
uhm, while the fights are smaller, opfighting is still alive? of course you need to be in an active clan.. (only 3 active clans atm)

L0KI
26-11-09, 10:36
uhm, while the fights are smaller, opfighting is still alive? of course you need to be in an active clan.. (only 3 active clans atm)

Is it not still a clip-fest? People sprinting around YOs in OPs etc?

OH, and the use of turrets meant we were able to defend our OPs against massively overwhelming numbers.
I really, really miss turrets. They made OP fights more interesting.

Attacking clans really had to work at it to get in. Exactly how it should be.

Kalonji Faya
26-11-09, 10:54
with my former clan : French Legendz, we used turrets to protect our OP ... why nobody use turrets anymore ??!

Kalonji

Biglines
26-11-09, 11:53
with my former clan : French Legendz, we used turrets to protect our OP ... why nobody use turrets anymore ??!

Kalonji
french legends also used to do revenge only opwars....

Kalonji Faya
26-11-09, 14:14
no revenges only, of course we had a kami droner, sometimes a kami droner and a antiheal droner, but we had fighters too ...
once in a OP that was about 3-4 month ago we were 12 clanmates fighting
but now so many have left :/

Kalonji

Biglines
26-11-09, 14:21
of course we had a kami droner, sometimes a kami droner and a antiheal droner
and you wonder why so many clans don't opfight anymore...

Eddie Murphy
26-11-09, 14:33
I think there should be a GR put nearer to regants legacy and to also get rid of cheats and fix the character classes so no are bugged i.e. skins, more hair stiles and so on.

Biglines
26-11-09, 14:35
I think there should be a GR put nearer to regants legacy and to also get rid of cheats and fix the character classes so no are bugged i.e. skins, more hair stiles and so on.
regants is already very easy to level in, if it was also very easy to reach it would be too easy tbh

but cheats are the most important thing that has to get fixed

Eddie Murphy
26-11-09, 14:38
I agree 100% on the cheats but i still think there should be a gr in regants because it is a ball-ache to run back and forth when you have no ammo left or something breaks because you have to stop and run back and get sorted then run all the way back.

nabbl
26-11-09, 14:42
Then level somewhere else if it is too hard for you -.-

There are many many level spots with GRs nearby. Just try to find them and dont go to stupid easy Regants Legacy, where everybody is.

Thats y i killed all the Levelers in Regants Legacy everyday (on Mars of course)

Eddie Murphy
26-11-09, 14:44
This is the best place to level without being killed uber easy with lets say a apu every where i go on my apu i get killed so i got to regants instead but you have a fair point but that would still be one of my wishes.

zii
27-11-09, 18:02
...but i still think there should be a gr in regants because it is a ball-ache to run back and forth when you have no ammo left or something breaks because you have to stop and run back and get sorted then run all the way back.

What rubbish. Spec some points into Recycle. I spent weeks in Regents' boss room without ever having to leave back to find ammo, when I levelled woc. Just recycle the junk that the mobs drop. It is easy. We certainly do not need a GR nearby.

L0KI
27-11-09, 18:51
Or... here's an idea:

Fuck Regeants.

Not literally, but whole-heartedly.

Make other levelling areas AS viable as Regeants. Chaos Caves, Swamp Caves... etc. Give us some of that NC variation back. Pretty please don't force us to live in Regeants if we want to level that considerable amount quicker (and it is).

MrTrip
27-11-09, 21:10
PE Afros
Cigarettes
Sunglasses

That's all.

Biglines
27-11-09, 21:12
Or... here's an idea:

Fuck Regeants.

Not literally, but whole-heartedly.

Make other levelling areas AS viable as Regeants. Chaos Caves, Swamp Caves... etc. Give us some of that NC variation back. Pretty please don't force us to live in Regeants if we want to level that considerable amount quicker (and it is).
/signed

better yet, remove regants from the game and make the others viable :D

Dribble Joy
27-11-09, 21:56
I like regants as a place, plus it's lack of gogu. Removing it only detracts from the variety of the game-world.

The issue is that being a place filled with high level melee only mobs makes it the best place to level. I've seen /10s down there.

Make the genotoxic stack high damage or back to the uber-para and you'll see less people in there. Or at least teams rather than soloers. I used to spend hours being the only person in there, clearing the top level over and over.
Another issue is that many of the mobs didn't chain-aggro. Meaning you could pick them off one at a time.

Biglines
27-11-09, 22:18
i wocced all my chars there, which is why I so thoroughly and utterly hate it... i've spent more time in regants than p1 i think.... (and I spend a LOT of time in p1 :P)

Dribble Joy
27-11-09, 22:22
Dude, I took DJ to WoC 5 in there, how do you think I feel :p.

edit: and I didn't say that just to tell people I did.

Garfield
28-11-09, 03:54
ive seen apu`s solo the DoY tunels 3rd lvl its tricky but it is possible

and ye raise the tech drop from WBs a little tiny bit and spawn more mobs at the eastern zones 13-16.

fix some broken "Boss mobs" swamp cave ones f.e.
also the worm tunels, man those sc thingys can go down in the water so u cant dmg em but they still hit u................

Setlec
28-11-09, 04:55
apu lvling alone??? kinda hard to believe, but it's feasible! I've been making different hybrid settings with Nskillv2a (http://www.filefront.com/14323679/NSkillV2.zip/) focusing on Con instead of PSI. won't be able to stand against more than 2 mobs at a time. I'll see if i can solo regants with my last setup. Which that NSkill that i have could save the Character sheet picture...

NAPPER
28-11-09, 06:44
/signed

better yet, remove regants from the game and make the others viable :D

Both the Crp and Catlock caves are amazing for xp you can solo them with Droner, Tank and apu.

The Doy Tunnels are ok but no where as good as regants or the Caves.

Make xp harder to get solo so Teaming is better
Make Warbots fun again with the Tech Drops
Make Weapons bind to the First Person to Shoot them, so Tradeskilling picks up again

Drake6k
30-11-09, 22:05
1. REMOVE MC5 starting area
2. Fix Cheating
3. Add mobs to outzone again, a lot of them, including launchers in storage.
4. Add vendors with nice (95% maybe) quality gear everywhere in city, so noobs aren't left worthless and quitting all the time.

(yeah.. 3 wasn't enough)

Torg
30-11-09, 23:22
3. Add mobs to outzone again, a lot of them, including launchers in storage.
theres plenty of cyclops in the outzone, and big spiders too.

Biglines
01-12-09, 00:50
1. REMOVE MC5 starting area

why? it's not like it matters much...

Jodo
01-12-09, 05:28
why? it's not like it matters much...

It confuses and disillusions the few noobs who create an account.

I love Area MC5 myself, (the few opportunities I get to create a new char these days) but I can see it has its drawbacks.

Clive tombstone
02-12-09, 19:54
Since returning after I bought Borderlands, I think I can make some requests for this game.
1# fix the cheatin'!
2# Greatly reduce the experiance required for WoC levels across the board and start adding more gear per WoC level. (Grinding mindlessly for days weeks on end for one item is not my idea of fun, (and this is a game, isn't it supposed to be fun?))
3# Fix latency issues, Its funny when I played this game in the same room with my friend on separate computers, when having a friendly pvp match, and our character movements totally not matching anything we see on each others screens.

Sultan
03-12-09, 14:50
1; Something new on OP fighting. Something like when ur attacking you first destory the OP walls while the keeper are denfending it. when you destory the wall you get the big fight. While fighting the hackers try to hack the OP and the defenders try to fix the walls/turrets...

2; Bring PvE back. New missions and epics. Thise would keep the game alive when there are no fighting going.

3. Balance the game!

Kanedax
04-12-09, 10:15
1; Something new on OP fighting. Something like when ur attacking you first destory the OP walls while the keeper are denfending it. when you destory the wall you get the big fight. While fighting the hackers try to hack the OP and the defenders try to fix the walls/turrets...

2; Bring PvE back. New missions and epics. Thise would keep the game alive when there are no fighting going.

3. Balance the game!

SOOOLTAN!