PDA

View Full Version : 10tacle insolvency fixed?

Biglines
04-11-09, 19:46
As posted in the german section, it seems the insolvency issues of 10tacle are fixed, although the german legal speak is above my level, does this mean paypal is gonna start up again soon? (just asking cuz probably 90% of the current players will leave...)

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/Allgemein/9387/1986048/Black_Prophecy.html

(as usual we have to find out these things on our own, no word from kk or 10tacle to be seen on these forums..)

Mighty Max
04-11-09, 20:24
I do not see a change coming anytime soon for this issue.

I guess NC is still running due to 3 reasons:
- It's their "baby" pulling the plug is quite emotionally difficult for the devs.
- Every day it runs - even in this state - it adds a bit more XP as an provider for an MMO game. Might still add to decissions whether a company is putting the upcoming game into the shelves.
- We are quite some fanboys still playing after 8(!) years (yeah i hit that mark about 40 days ago)

So no, i don't expect KK to drop it that way you imagine.

Biglines
04-11-09, 20:41
huh? I asked if they were gonna charge again, not if they were gonna drop it?

Mighty Max
04-11-09, 20:50
I was refering mainly to the conclusion you took:

(just asking cuz probably 90% of the current players will leave...)

If that is what is to be expected by reenabling payment without doing other things too, it would be equal to drop nc.

Biglines
04-11-09, 21:56
ah ye ok, well I know even I would start thinking about leaving if I had to pay for a game that hasnt had any patch for over 2 years, with the giant number of blatantly obvious bugs and crappy customer support past immediate gm/mod support

zii
05-11-09, 00:34
Strange. I thought you were playing because you enjoyed it.

Brammers
05-11-09, 00:44
Yeap, picking up the same news on Google Alerts. Reakktor are apparently no longer insolvent. (Although this does not apply to 10T the old owners of KK, they went a long while back.)

A little more over here on the THN (http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/news/reakktor-no-longer-in-administration.html).

Hopefully KK will do the honours of officially comfirming the news, but right now I hope they are having a few beers!

Dribble Joy
05-11-09, 01:04
I wasn't aware KK ever were insolvent, only 10T.

Biglines
05-11-09, 01:30
Yeap, picking up the same news on Google Alerts. Reakktor are apparently no longer insolvent. (Although this does not apply to 10T the old owners of KK, they went a long while back.)

A little more over here on the THN (http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/news/reakktor-no-longer-in-administration.html).

Hopefully KK will do the honours of officially comfirming the news, but right now I hope they are having a few beers!
ah crap ye, screw me for not reading properly, its about KK not 10T

and @Zii, yes I play because I enjoy it, I mean I started playing when it was still the old price. It's just that I do believe that if I pay for something there should at least be a bit of effort from the people I pay, and just keeping the servers online just isn't good enough, especially seeing as the population will die horribly when people need to pay, even if I'd stay on as a paying customer then, I would have hardly anyone to play with

and another point why I don't want to pay for this game is the total lack of interest KK seems to have in trying to keep us happy, seeing as we have to rely on external sources to get such important news as this...

CMaster
05-11-09, 03:08
I wasn't aware KK ever were insolvent, only 10T.

This thread here explains why, although it's pretty much a given that the development of BP was externally funded - regardless of anything else, how KK were going to remain solvent without 10T paying the bills...

Brammers
05-11-09, 13:35
It's been comfirmed on the official Black Prophecy forums, that KK are no longer insolvent - read all about it at the THN (http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/news/reakktor-media-gmbh-fully-operational.html).