PDA

View Full Version : what ppl do

Transient
27-10-09, 19:14
so, after making a hacker character i found that most ppl dont bother with hacknet and theres only a few small reason to go into it int he first place :P sooo, i was wondering what the msot useful char is? is there active clan warfare and all that or do ppl just hang out doing missions together etc?

i mean if faction warefare is alive and well and hackers are valuable for outpost fights then ill carry on, else i think i might reroll

Biglines
27-10-09, 19:49
clan pvp or just plain people pvp is pretty much the only thing happening, aside from the tradeskillers. But hardly anyone needs pure hacknet chars, if I were you I'd go tank or spy and become a fighter.

zii
28-10-09, 17:05
I thought these were still required for the forth level hack of an OP. Or was this dropped some time ago while my back was turned?

Biglines
28-10-09, 18:46
well, pure hacknet chars are never required, any clanned alt with hack (and not a tank) can enter hacknet and get to the 4th layer, but depending how far the op is in hacknet, more or less defense is needed. But seeing as a lot of spies already have t-c for stealth, most of the hacknet software can be used good enough to run quickly to the op (seeing as hardly anyone bothers defending in hacknet)

NAPPER
29-10-09, 01:50
well, pure hacknet chars are never required, any clanned alt with hack (and not a tank) can enter hacknet and get to the 4th layer, but depending how far the op is in hacknet, more or less defense is needed. But seeing as a lot of spies already have t-c for stealth, most of the hacknet software can be used good enough to run quickly to the op (seeing as hardly anyone bothers defending in hacknet)

A Tank can do it but he cant use any hacknet weapon though.
But most of the clan just leave a hacker loged off at the term in hacknet anyway and then just log in when its time.

Biglines
29-10-09, 02:29
A Tank can do it but he cant use any hacknet weapon though.
But most of the clan just leave a hacker loged off at the term in hacknet anyway and then just log in when its time.
no, it is impossible for a tank to enter hacknet, well unless they zone into someone entering hacknet, but bugfree it is physically impossible for a tank to enter hacknet

NAPPER
29-10-09, 03:34
no, it is impossible for a tank to enter hacknet, well unless they zone into someone entering hacknet, but bugfree it is physically impossible for a tank to enter hacknet

No its not i did it like a hour ago i put a spy 3 on me lomed all my points in to hack and took a drug.

i ended up at my hq in hacknet.

Biglines
29-10-09, 10:26
:S hmm ok, could have sworn I read it was just not possible :S

nabbl
29-10-09, 10:46
Well at least it wasnt possible for a long time though.

A message was placed into your chat that you cant enter due to class registrations.

zii
29-10-09, 18:33
As far as I remember the only time tanks could enter hacknet was in the beta or free play on the pre-release server for NC2.

Sadly, they cannot anymore. They could use any seful hacknet weaponary inside hacknet because of the INT/HCK requirements; They were good for running around.