PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Borderlands!

kane
18-10-09, 09:40
So who is all in for Borderlands? If you have no idea about it start watching it on youtube.

Looks really fun and I mean really fun.

If anyone is on PSN my tag is Kane_Hart Just got a PS3 yesterday!

Nytewolf2k7
18-10-09, 13:02
Pre-ordered it (for PC) last week after playing it at GO3 the previous week ;)

kane
18-10-09, 18:57
aww your lucky :(

Mal
18-10-09, 22:42
Yeah had that one on preorder for a while. Looking forward to it

kane
18-10-09, 23:25
for the PS3 and 360 in Canada or where I live anyways Best Buy, Future Shop, and Walmart are selling it for $39 bucks.

rob444
22-10-09, 10:40
Going to buy it but I think it kinda looks a little bit... meh... :p

Doc Holliday
24-10-09, 20:23
wank.

MrTrip
25-10-09, 00:42
Waiting for friend to get PC version, won't buy it yet. If it looks wank I'm not supporting it. From the videos, I really don't like the player models. Looks cartoonish :(

kane
25-10-09, 21:52
I'm enjoying the game there is 3 mods so people don't get confused and rather call them mods lets call them play through.

So first one is like your normal 1-30ish and you beat the game. Next one starts at level 30+ the last one is 50+ mobs basically it is end game but all the mobs are 50+

So there is some replay value and some fun time farming it but the game will get old for some very fast.

Lets hope some of the DLC is great for end game play.

Mal
27-10-09, 13:01
From the videos, I really don't like the player models. Looks cartoonish :(

That's the point. The graphics are specifically done like that cause they loved the work done on the story boards and concept art, which was provided by a graphic novelist.

Biglines
27-10-09, 13:25
uhm, til about a year/year n a half ago, the game was totally realistic, art direction was changed very late in development, early screenshots are still available of the old models and stuff

Mal
27-10-09, 14:39
That's correct. They wanted something that made the game stand out, and decided to re-do the artwork to fit the concept art that was produced for the game ;)

Ghostface_Speak
27-10-09, 14:54
playing the leaked "not so legal" version and it rules :p

MrTrip
28-10-09, 05:25
Well I'm playing it. I have to say its not really keeping my interest very well though. I sort of like the comic book ish graphics, but there just isn't enough to keep me excited.

Oh, btw, (spoilerish), If you want a challenge don't ever drive a vehicle. You can literally run over everything and kill it instantly.

Ghostface_Speak
28-10-09, 12:30
..AND you canīt really controll it with WASD :rolleyes:

rob444
29-10-09, 19:46
Been playing it a couple of days now both alone and with a friend and I must say the game is really fun if you don't play alone.
I like the whole loot idea though I dislike the "boss" loot, they always drop that same weapon like last time :(.
I love that enemies have weaknesses, actually adds tactics to the game unlike other FPS games where you just shoot them where you'll most likely hit. Nothing beats the feeling of putting a sniper bullet into a scags weak spot (into the mouth) when they decide to open their mouth :D.
I just found the arena where players can compete against each other, fantastic idea if you would ever get bored of doing missions :).

I'd say it's a good and interesting game but I suspect it's a very short game content wise, hopefully they will have tons of new interesting areas with the upcoming DLC packs and keep the weapons coming!

MrTrip
29-10-09, 19:57
It kind of feels like an FPS WoW...heck even the weapons are colored for rare or not rare. Plus, you have that skill point system crap. Either way, at least I don't have to waste my life playing this. Save and exit :D Thats what I like!

It has become addictive, VERY VERY addictive. The beginning is a really lame grind, and I almost gave up the game, but if you stick with it everything turns out fine.

Newbie spoilerish below.

I do have a tip for newbies though. As soon as you grab a sniper rifle, grab as much ammo as possible and do the shock crystal cave mission. Hide behind the rocks and shoot the crab larva things in the face to crit them. You will gain massive XP and not get hit. I did this from level 8 to 11 and it went very quick. Then the rest of the missions in the beginning were way easy. Oh, and don't forget to grab the crystals real fast.