PDA

View Full Version : NPC dialogue blank issue

Wckdneer
07-10-09, 03:33
Ive sent KK an email about this as well, but maybe the community of NC can help me in the meantime?

Basically I've always had this issue some parts of npc dialogues are just not there. Blank.
And this was never a real issue until I went in hacknet and tried to get a BP out of my own factions database.
I checked with multiple people and I was doing it right.
I tried alt tabbing relogging and did the file check
Anyone else have this problem or knows a fix? I've used the search button and saw multiple threads with the same deal but in none I found the solution.

Cheers!

Dribble Joy
07-10-09, 06:20
Some NPCs are plain broken, but these are rare.

What you are most likely experiencing is the fact that much of the NPC scripts are kept server-side and are called up by the client when needed.
If you have any lag (due to general connection response as of your location or a random spike) this will cause the script to either be delayed or to not appear at all.

Don't tab out of dialogue right away, give it a moment.

Otherwise, send a ticket for a GM to reset/respawn the NPC.

Wckdneer
07-10-09, 14:57
Alright, yeah because it never bothered me much until i had to download a BP from hacknet. And its all of those that are broken for me.

How do I send a gm ticket?

Dribble Joy
07-10-09, 16:29
There's a question mark on the end of the RPOS menu in the top right of your screen. Click on that and it will bring up the ticket window.

Biglines
07-10-09, 17:29
if you don't have the proper code breaker, or no tl90/tl100 datacube, it doesnt work afaik

Hoder
07-10-09, 17:53
if you don't have the proper code breaker, or no tl90/tl100 datacube, it doesnt work afaikIn that case, it should return an error message, not a blank box.

As Dribble Joy said, lag may be an issue if your having connection difficulties as there are no known issues with the high security databases. A blank dialog box would only ever appear on faction recognising NPCs if you're somehow factionless.

If you're still having no luck, file that ticket ingame and show the GM exactly which NPC you're trying and he can check a few things.

Wckdneer
09-10-09, 04:30
Yeah I submitted a GM ticket yesterday.
Though im gone for the weekend.
I might also add that if I open my world map, my position is marked wrong, its way off (sometimes in the ocean when I'm in tech haven)
But that is probably unrelated. And this is not in the way, since I can just read in the corner where I am :D

Are you guys sure its the scripts thing? since well I live in the netherlands, and this game is german right?
And I shouldn't have lag, though I don't know where to check.

alright seeya monday!

Biglines
09-10-09, 09:19
dutch too, and the lag is not internet speed related but "NC server being run by totally outdated hamsters" related (old tired slow servers)

map position wrong depends on your total resolution i think, it's made for 1024*765

Wckdneer
12-10-09, 04:33
Ah right, I got reply of a gm. And apparently I was in an unfinished part of hacknet. The database (which is where I figured I'd get the blueprints)
But I have to go through the huge long security thing.

So, nothing was wrong in the end. Still kinda misleading to name something unfinished database :(
Eh well I'm happy I got to download blueprints now lol :P

Biglines
12-10-09, 12:50
Still kinda misleading to name something unfinished database :(
still kinda misleading to put something unfinished in the game...