PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Warbot hunting

Strife
16-09-09, 04:56
Warbot hunting was a time honored tradition in this game, dating back to early betas. It took something more than goto this place, exploit drone on wall, tape mouse1 down. And still there are places ingame that are easily two times better for raking in techs than Warbots ever were.

I realize KK doesnt really patch, but I'd like to see enough support in this thread that Reakktor can take literally minutes to fix something that was intentionally nerfed beyond reason. Going through 4+ Warbots to find a single tech is absurd.

Please make tech hunting actually fun again?

NAPPER
16-09-09, 05:18
I use to proper love WB hunting for the techs until they spawn while you are hacking, then BOOM! u come out of hack dead lol.

Anyway yeah bring back the tech hunting for WB at least 3 techs
every 4 or 5 WBs

MrTrip
16-09-09, 05:34
No. It is now a very very balanced game that has a huge population. Please leave it alone.

Biglines
16-09-09, 12:49
tbh hunting techs just switched to firemobs and doy tunnels (the last being more of a challenge), havent had much more fun than trying to reach level 3 of the doy tunnels with 2 ppu's, 2 tanks, 1 pe, a rifle spy and a droner, and still failing horribly cuz we were so poo

Hell-demon
16-09-09, 15:17
No. It is now a very very balanced game that has a huge population. Please leave it alone.

I see what you did there :wtf:

IceStorm
16-09-09, 18:25
I miss hunting Warbots at North Star with my Rifle spy. :-(

Vaper
17-09-09, 06:04
Cherished memorys of warbot hunting :(
i miss killing people trying to get techs >:D

gamefreak
17-09-09, 17:23
[x] Bring back Warbot hunting

William Antrim
17-09-09, 20:36
I say bring back warbot hunting too. The drop rate should be something like 50% drop techs imo. Not guarantee'd every time but pretty decent all the same.

Biglines
17-09-09, 23:15
I dunno, they're so damn easy to kill, that would have to be harder then too...

NAPPER
18-09-09, 00:47
I wouldnt really say they are harder to kill if they hit u they will almost kill u.

Seezur001
18-09-09, 01:13
Yeah, it is sad that a warbot can kill almost any player with just two hits.

With how laggy the wastes get at times, most of the time when you're hacking one, you're dead when you get out of the hack because one spawned right behind you.

Biglines
18-09-09, 14:43
huh? even my spy doesn't get killed in 2 hits.. but then again, warbots are way too easy to avoid getting hit by

Drevious
18-09-09, 15:50
I say fix other stuff before you worry about warbot rare drop rate o_O

Biglines
18-09-09, 16:07
seeing as the drop rate is changing a number, and fixing most other stuff requires time, i'd say this is still somewhat more realistic at this point though

Nytewolf2k7
18-09-09, 17:13
Fix the warbots? of course :D

Hell-demon
18-09-09, 17:25
I love my warbot trophy. Looks great next to your appartment computer. mmmmmm

Strife
18-09-09, 17:50
Basically saying might aswell renovate the entire house, when all that was asked was to pick up a bottle that fell on the floor.

Drevious
19-09-09, 01:15
Basically what i said before you used you superior "interpretation" skills, was there are plenty bugs in this game that would be just as simple to fix than a warbot rare drop rate. A lot of things that a SMART person would FIX before some stupid rare drop rate. Just hunt fire mobs and lock your own thread.

Hell-demon
19-09-09, 01:43
And CONSIDERATE people don't flame people on a forum. Leave him alone and leave your ego at home.

Strife
19-09-09, 06:25
Basically what i said before you used you superior "interpretation" skills, was there are plenty bugs in this game that would be just as simple to fix than a warbot rare drop rate. A lot of things that a SMART person would FIX before some stupid rare drop rate. Just hunt fire mobs and lock your own thread.Yes, because bug fixes only take 2 minutes :rolleyes:

Biglines
19-09-09, 10:52
Basically what i said before you used you superior "interpretation" skills, was there are plenty bugs in this game that would be just as simple to fix than a warbot rare drop rate. A lot of things that a SMART person would FIX before some stupid rare drop rate. Just hunt fire mobs and lock your own thread.
if you want to be believable, state some things you think are just as easy to FIX for SMART people

Drevious
19-09-09, 18:25
if you want to be believable, state some things you think are just as easy to FIX for SMART people

drone exploits, normal exploits, gimped vehicle damage, over powered weapon damages, although it doesn't really matter anymore, KK has proved they dont want to fix anything, they'd rather just put up some fences and call it fixed.

Hell-demon
19-09-09, 20:05
And yet we all come back like an abused spouse.

Biglines
19-09-09, 20:51
drone exploits, normal exploits, gimped vehicle damage, over powered weapon damages, although it doesn't really matter anymore, KK has proved they dont want to fix anything, they'd rather just put up some fences and call it fixed.
so ur saying fixing drone exploits and other exploits are somehow easier to fix than typing a number in the droprate?

Dribble Joy
19-09-09, 20:55
I love my warbot trophy. Looks great next to your appartment computer. mmmmmm
I have like... 20 of the things. Before my sniper switched to fire mobs she would spend hours hunting WBs.

Hell-demon
20-09-09, 02:25
You'll need 20 desks! MAD MAN!

rob444
20-09-09, 10:07
Bring it back or I will jump off of a cliff! :rolleyes:

Hell-demon
20-09-09, 15:05
Bit extreme.

rob444
22-09-09, 08:40
This requires extreme methods!

zii
22-09-09, 11:15
Yeah, it is sad that a warbot can kill almost any player with just two hits.

Sounds fair enough to me. Those bastards have rocket launchers and blue beams of energy. 85/85 verses some pesky tank. Enough said. However, these ought to drop something worth hacking for. Other people alude that this is a bug, when it is not. I think a number, that relates to a percentage, has to be changed.

With how laggy the wastes get at times, most of the time when you're hacking one, you're dead when you get out of the hack because one spawned right behind you.

No change, then. If you want to reduce the chances of this happening, then travel with another runner and let him takle the aggro when it spawns on your head.

flib
22-09-09, 17:12
Warbots don't hurt that much.

Strife
22-09-09, 20:40
Warbots don't hurt that much.Try it without a ppu :rolleyes:

Biglines
22-09-09, 20:48
hunting wbs with a ppu.... unless ur not capped why wud u ever need a ppu..

NAPPER
22-09-09, 21:48
you could always go as tank and ppu for the ppu to hack maybe ?

Biglines
23-09-09, 01:29
i used to hunt wbs on my tank and had hack specced (int was overcapped like 50 times so i just lommed back and forth), nothing easier

flib
23-09-09, 06:44
Try it without a ppu :rolleyes:
I do.

zii
23-09-09, 09:50
I do.
So do I. They are easy [when you have a capped tank], but also I can solo these easily using a droner or rifle spy. I cannot comment on any other class.

An APU is a harder because these have a sudden death wish that makes them implode at the mere sight of a warbot.

Dribble Joy
23-09-09, 14:25
Pistols are a pain, you have to use cover or you'll die fast. J02 is probably the best as there's a lot of them and lots of ridges.

I can't see meleers doing well though.

Nytewolf2k7
23-09-09, 15:10
Pistols are a pain, you have to use cover or you'll die fast. J02 is probably the best as there's a lot of them and lots of ridges.
Yep, I know from personal experience :lol:

Dribble Joy
23-09-09, 17:00
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Muffdemon/wbtrophies.jpg

At least two more elsewhere in my apt.

Omnituens
23-09-09, 20:28
the problem I have with WB hunting is the resist bug - the WB does 3/4 health, then PING its back up. some times it doesnt ping back up. Knowing how much health you actually have is pure guesswork. can a spy get any more protection other than wearing shelter armour + pa as they cant use the energy shelter spell?

The tech drop should be increased for WB to counter the added step of having to hack them to get your shinies. and added risk of 6 of them spawning on your face while you hack.

Dribble Joy
23-09-09, 20:29
Nanite shields help. Staying out of range helps too :p.

Omnituens
25-09-09, 00:52
hm, i was told only tanks and PE's could use those shields...

i returned after nanites were brought in so unsure about them.

NAPPER
25-09-09, 01:32
hm, i was told only tanks and PE's could use those shields...

i returned after nanites were brought in so unsure about them.

Dont they need the implant skill?

Just wondering cos he would fuck his weapon lore if so.

Biglines
25-09-09, 08:45
tanks, pe's and spies can use the nanite heal tool

pe's and spies can use the nanite shiels

Dribble Joy
25-09-09, 15:15
Though a PE is much better off with their psi shields. They can't use the higher TL nanite ones, so they might as well save the INT points, get better shields and be able to be overcast by PPUs.

If you're hunting on a rifle spy, then I wouldn't worry too much with your defences, just keep far enough away and snipe with an SH or HL. Mine doesn't bother with a psi glove and didn't bother with energy resist while hunting them, just kevlar armour, PA and a recycle glove. All RC/WEP/TC imps, just enough HCK to get the inner lovelies and the rest in combat skills.

SizZLeR
30-09-09, 17:51
After coming back ive been spending time hlping some noob chrs to lvl in J01, however i miss the WBs there, in the good old days it was so funny to lure a WB to the J01 bunker as a noob and take it down, even though it took forever. :D

Why on earth did they have to remove the WBs from J01 in the first place?

Doc Holliday
30-09-09, 20:46
Why on earth did they.........

i asked myself this a lot :)

IceStorm
01-10-09, 00:48
Why on earth did they have to remove the WBs from J01 in the first place?They took them out of J01??

Damm. I haven't logged in for a while, I guess. Last time I was on, they were still in J01. I could swear that was post-2.2, too.

I really hope I get some downtime this quarter. All this WB talk has me itching to play.

SizZLeR
01-10-09, 10:25
Doc Holliday>> :lol:

Icestorm>> Yeah they completely removed everything but the bunker spawns, i dont even think theres a single cyberhound or mechturtle left out there, not even a one of them flying matrix printers (dont remember their real name). :(

Gr8 way of pushing high lvl PK'ers to squash noob chrs by the bunker instead of picking on mobs their own lvl. :D