PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Reyouka
15-09-09, 14:58
Hey, new player here. Well, not truly new, I did play neocron 1 way back in the day, but only for a little bit. I was able to get on a trial account finally. When I tried before paybycash was stupid and click2pay kept saying I wasn't in the US even though I live in ohio :( I was wondering if anyone could give me a tour? I'm not sure where to start in this game, or what to do. That is the main reason why I like it though, love sandbox games.

Biglines
15-09-09, 17:51
really depends on what you want to do. if you want to powerlevel and pvp, then you'll need some more advice, but my advice would be to just take it easy, see if you can find some people that will help you out with starter weapons. Easiest class to play at the moment is probably a heavy combat tank or a rifle spy.

it will all come back to you, but make sure you level in the right place for your level (if you have LE in, just ask in help channel for best place, it usually starts in the sewers in plaza 1, then on to the mutant sewers in viarosso 3, then the aggie cellars in plaza 1, then bunker at military base, etc)

if you get in touch with logan or some other constructors that are newbie friendly, they will probably give you some beginner weapons. make sure you always get them to build you a new weapon, because store bought are crap.

and mute ooc, since those e-penises will scare you away from the game for good

and leave your LE in until you know your way around (for example plaza 2 is very dangerous as all the pvp'ers fight there)

and the most important website:
http://www.techhaven.org
and the wiki there:
http://wiki.techhaven.org

Drevious
15-09-09, 20:49
YESSSS ANOTHER PLAYER FROM THE US!! muhahaha. I'll be more than glad to help you with any questions IG. I can also help you out with leveling/cash. Just shoot me a PM if your interested.

Reyouka
15-09-09, 23:16
I rolled a spy hacker, since it seemed the most interesting to play. Currently in MC5. What's up with the prices for guns and such? Ridiculous. Do hackers have different places to level?

Biglines
15-09-09, 23:46
hackers don't do anything tbh, there's 3 places u can level, and they're all the same, plus hacknet is pretty useless since most stuff can be done by parttime hackers.

if you wish to see at least one person a day while you're playing, don't become a hacker

William Antrim
16-09-09, 19:47
hackers don't do anything tbh, there's 3 places u can level, and they're all the same, plus hacknet is pretty useless since most stuff can be done by parttime hackers.

if you wish to see at least one person a day while you're playing, don't become a hacker

Or alternatively don't listen to resident forum gripes.

Hacking is great, you can hack doors and boxes for next to nothing and then warbots and hoverbots later on for loads of junk and occasionally rare parts. You can also go in hacknet for some fun and level in there which is quite cool. I presume you won't be a pure hacker (ie you will have other skills in the "real" world) and so you can hack all of the above and still have other combat skills. Its not useless at all, every class is what you make of it. Good fun. Good luck.