PDA

View Full Version : subscirption charges

phrank
01-09-09, 00:49
evenin all, ive pulled in a few mates to run the 10 day free trial as ive re-activated my old account and its nice to have a team to run with, but anyway ill get onto my question now:

are new accounts still paying to play? ive scouted around the forums to see what the word is and reports are contradictory at best. my old account is terminated, but active without any payment since i was a paypal user, i assume thats ongoing? new accounts cant be created through paypal as the ticket is expired, so they go through c2p or pbc... but are those accounts charged the monthly subs? i heard the company (rkk or 10tackle? christ i dont know its late and im tired) went bankrupt and that would throw subs into a very grey area, so some clarity for the new recruits would be very much appreciated if anyone knows.

Jodo
01-09-09, 01:15
Currently it is not possible to renew or create accounts by using PayPal as payment provider. This is related to issues at Paypal that are beyond our sphere of influence. To compensate this, we have decided to put game points on all accounts to allow players, who are using PayPal, to continue playing until the issues have been fixed. All other accounts using PaybyCash and Click2Pay are being billed as normal with 5 Euro per month subscription fee.

Quoted from this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143033).

I assume that as you can only create new accounts via C2P and PBC, you will be billed accordingly.

phrank
01-09-09, 10:46
aye i did read through that thread, but its a fairly old post and i havent seen any updated info on the subject. was hoping there was someone out there who had created a new account recently, or subs using c2p or pbc that can tell me for certain.

in all honesty id be happy to pay for my own account, but as an old player im seeing it with rose tinted specs. i couldnt reccomend it to friends as something to pay to play in its current state. when i saw "accounts are free" around the forum i pulled them in to try it out, a few days into their trials its universally agreed that its bugged to shit and thats acceptable from a free game, but not a subbed game. i could use a little clarity on what happens when their trial is up.

NAPPER
01-09-09, 15:06
if u make a new account u can just keep logging in u dont even have to look at the account manager page just remeber ur account name and password then u can log in thats all

phrank
01-09-09, 17:45
napper, creating that account means siging up through c2p and i want to know if that means paying the monthly subscription charge to keep the account alive.

i did create a free trial account of my own to try it out, cancelled it and ran it for the 10 days, then was told the account had expired, now i have 2 accounts, both cancelled but 1 is playable and 1 isnt.

that dead account wants 25 euros then a 5 a month sub, is this actualy required to keep the account going? if it is, then why isnt it required on my old account? old players are the ones willing to pay, i cant see new players coming in and buying into this. its probably half the reason no one seems to know about this lol. again, a little clarity on this issue would be much appreciated.

Trivaldi
01-09-09, 18:12
napper, creating that account means siging up through c2p and i want to know if that means paying the monthly subscription charge to keep the account alive.

i did create a free trial account of my own to try it out, cancelled it and ran it for the 10 days, then was told the account had expired, now i have 2 accounts, both cancelled but 1 is playable and 1 isnt.

that dead account wants 25 euros then a 5 a month sub, is this actualy required to keep the account going? if it is, then why isnt it required on my old account? old players are the ones willing to pay, i cant see new players coming in and buying into this. its probably half the reason no one seems to know about this lol. again, a little clarity on this issue would be much appreciated.
You've answered your own question, the second account dosn't work as it's a trial account. Only full accounts have been activated for free.

NAPPER
01-09-09, 19:28
You've answered your own question, the second account dosn't work as it's a trial account. Only full accounts have been activated for free.

BUT my mate brought it off ebay and had to make a new account and it still works now. whys that ?

Biglines
01-09-09, 20:27
because he paid for the game, while trial accounts dont?

phrank
01-09-09, 23:22
does that mean once the 25 euros initial payment is made, theres no monthly subs?

Jodo
01-09-09, 23:49
As no one official seems to be replying you might get better luck stating your case to accounts@neocron.com.

phrank
02-09-09, 09:44
i may just do that, thanks for the input folks.