PDA

View Full Version : 2 things

THE_TICK!!!!
20-08-09, 17:19
First im in afghanistan yet AGAIN :( And i need a good download link, since my internet goes up and down, off and on, one with resume would be good..so if anyone has a good one let me know plz

second...WALT you gonna have to pm me your email cause i dont got it. hoser

nobby
20-08-09, 17:44
How are you able to get the chance to play games if you're in Afganistan may I ask?

The download link 4gamers.de appears fine for me, if you however have a connection that drops and such then I recommend getting them off www.dome-of-york.com for the "part" downloads.

Hell-demon
20-08-09, 18:25
Odd that you would spend all day shooting and then retire to neocron to do shooting :wtf:

But hey who am I to argue with a soldier...sir 8|

Setlec
20-08-09, 18:29
Have you considerate to use torrent as a download solution? might help incase that the network that you use goes down...

What the hell are you doing in Afghanistan? o_O

Lexxuk
20-08-09, 19:23
Could you use a download manager? I tend to use wget for windows because its simple to use from the command line and you don't have to install a ton of crap to get it to work, it's just a binary that works.

Hoder
20-08-09, 19:25
Odd that you would spend all day shooting and then retire to neocron to do shooting :wtf: As long as he doesn't get confused and start mailing helpdesk if the taliban start using cheats or personal insults :p

Seriously, good luck out there!

Hell-demon
20-08-09, 19:32
Have you considerate to use torrent as a download solution? might help incase that the network that you use goes down...

What the hell are you doing in Afghanistan? o_O

I doubt he's there to enjoy the local road side bombs.

Next time take a CD copy of neocron 2. Good luck soldier, you'll face some evil bastards, and in Afghanistan.

Bozz-Von Mel
20-08-09, 21:31
Odd that you would spend all day shooting and then retire to neocron to do shooting :wtf:

But hey who am I to argue with a soldier...sir 8|

War is 98% boredom and 2% pure terror. There is time to play NC during some of the 98%. Tick you should be ashamed of yourself as you yet again forgot to burn yourself a copy before you left the states. That is part of PCI's.

Atreides
20-08-09, 21:47
Use this one in combination with a downloadmanager (not this one from firefox):
http://ultimate-networx.net/?page_id=4

Thats the fastest download for the european area, i know. Dunno how it's in Afghanistan.

Good luck over there. Some of my best friends will go there too in a few months with the German forces. Hope you guys will not come in trouble. See nearly every week something about attacks against the Bundeswehr on German television...

William Antrim
20-08-09, 23:45
War is 98% boredom and 2% pure terror. There is time to play NC during some of the 98%. Tick you should be ashamed of yourself as you yet again forgot to burn yourself a copy before you left the states. That is part of PCI's.

I hope its only 2% terror. Im due out there in June next year.

completely [OT] how do lap tops work out there? with the heat etc? i dont fancy taking my laptop but was thinking of buying one from the bx or something?

Other than that Tickster/Bozz if you chaps are playing again I will come play again sometime! would be cool to hang with you chaps once again.

Hell-demon
21-08-09, 00:49
Get yourself a laptop cooler and some shade and you should be ok in the desert. NC isn't that intensive and as long as you use it in moderation you should be okay.

Unless the Taliban have NC accounts then they might find you. Why else do you think KK put AKs in the game? To appeal to the islamic fundamentalist demographic, of course.

Riddle
21-08-09, 11:52
Good luck out there Tick and see ya in NC :D

Marmite.Lover
21-08-09, 11:58
Tick god is watching you always so you take care out there.

And god bless you to Hoder dont know what we would do without ya!!!!!

:D :D :D

Marmite

Eidolon
23-08-09, 20:56
[ edited - please be aware that your views may be offensive to others]

Bozz-Von Mel
24-08-09, 00:45
I hope its only 2% terror. Im due out there in June next year.

completely [OT] how do lap tops work out there? with the heat etc? i dont fancy taking my laptop but was thinking of buying one from the bx or something?

Other than that Tickster/Bozz if you chaps are playing again I will come play again sometime! would be cool to hang with you chaps once again.

My laptop has made it through 2 deployments (Dell Inspiron). Keep a can of air handy for the dust. Cooling pads help I am sure. If you have a real nice laptop I suggest leaving it at home and buying a cheaper one with a halfway decent video card and your good to go.

I am not sure if/when I will be playing. I am now Battery XO and working on my masters.

THE_TICK!!!!
24-08-09, 16:50
hey all :) thanks for all the post's always love to here from each and everyone of ya, as for the lappy get a midrange lappy with a decent vid card like bozz said, lots of time in your down time to toss out a bit of the cron, and since i know wehre you will be, you will have a net connection.. Oh and i love you to Hoder :) and bozz yes i forgot the PCI's but thats why i got you to send me a copy if i cant get it to download, send it bro :D ( gotta love friends :) )
Dazz is playin again if ya'll remember him and 73 is playin again as well :) ill be on as soon as i can ya'll ...as far as the 2 percent part jared, i do believe ive finally found a job that agree's with me for the most part, im outside the wire daily, and hittin hot lz's most of the time, ill have some good story's for ya on TS when i get back... Cya'll ingame !!

*Dazz*
24-08-09, 22:32
What where is Walt at?

Marmite.Lover
25-08-09, 15:53
I would like to say GOD BLESS to all the soldiers in Afganistan for fighting for our country and hope all goes well. BTW i am homeless at the moment but where i am staying in a homeless shelter we had a 2 minutes for the soldiers who have sadly passed away.

So take care out there and we hope to see you soon.

THE_TICK!!!!
25-08-09, 17:49
thanks for the prayers :) and i hope you get on your feet soon, so you dont have to stay at a shelter bro, btw...the army has some openings if your interested .. just a thought. and jared hop on messenger and ill give you the lowdown

Kanedax
27-08-09, 08:52
Where in Afghanistan Tick? I have a few friends out there right now.

Riddle
27-08-09, 14:33
Where in Afghanistan Tick? I have a few friends out there right now.
shhhhh... Don't give them his location!!
he's really in Somalia dealing the shit on covert op's, thats where the nasty action is.

Hell-demon
27-08-09, 15:37
[ edited - you should know better ]

William Antrim
30-08-09, 14:26
Damn it im getting the itch again. Jared you should get on msn more for sure. :)

*Dazz*
30-08-09, 16:51
Which Jared? I'm on alot :lol:

THE_TICK!!!!
30-08-09, 18:22
ha im in sucka's , i logged in i typed to lines and it crashed !!! ilove this game !!!

Bozz-Von Mel
31-08-09, 17:48
Trying man. Leave is over and I am back to work. I think I may have to fire up the old NC again. Funny my old man asked me to mail him the game file and patches, but my DL file is corrupted. Where you guys getting the client?

THE_TICK!!!!
31-08-09, 23:31
ok jared this is the one i used over here, it worked like a charm, and whoever put this up is a saint in my book THANK YOU !!! http://ultimate-networx.net/?page_id=4 ok jared im just hunting and gathering rares again, and puttin em in clan storage for you to sort :) i know you hate me, but what do i do :P get in game bro, probly wont see much of eachother with time difference but can figure something out..you got msn ?

Bozz-Von Mel
01-09-09, 03:52
Just don't you go leavin any IEDs in the clan cabs.

Kanedax
01-09-09, 07:06
Boom!?

THE_TICK!!!!
01-09-09, 10:41
lol np bro, and kanedax im actually sorrounded by brits where im at, and scotts :P im in kandahar airbase, so thats where im at. Cheers.

bozz dm me your msn shit

William Antrim
01-09-09, 15:52
Sorry dazz i meant bozz.

Tick how long you out there for?

THE_TICK!!!!
02-09-09, 11:08
seven more months or so, im hopin :P

lucent
02-09-09, 21:18
Tick you should contact me in game. I have your redeemer for you :)

THE_TICK!!!!
03-09-09, 06:17
allright bro :)

William Antrim
03-09-09, 15:10
You will be coming back as i leave then.