PDA

View Full Version : Will the Pepper Park Fights come back?

_shiva
27-07-09, 11:07
Hey guys!

I'm playing NC for over 2 weeks again after a break of 6 years. I just wanted to try it out a bit and check how it feels to be in NC again.. Well the game has me again and I played every night since the installation. The potential of Neocron is very high and the game is still freakin' nice. I've seen so many cool new things and I'm like a new player who is new to the game.

I'm wondering if one of my favorite things in Neocron will have a comeback — the nightly Pepper Park Fights. Do you think, there will be enough old school players some time that PP will be alive again?

I know it's an utopian imagination but well. Maybe some old veterans are already back in the hood? I can only remember some fighters, which I'd love to see and fight again:

Matt_UK24 (also Repirdude), Rabbi Fang, BAD ASS, alig, mart, fw, Slutsumi, Decimator, Hivemind, SirRah — and many more Black Dragon and Crahn fighters.

Of course this is just the small part in my brain that can remember some of the many players.

OP-Fights are kinda ridiculous at the moment because one clan holds the complete world map. Maybe I'll get some hackers online but that will take some time ;-)

I hope to see some old and new faces in NC. I wish as many players as possible will come back from other games because NC is still the best cyberpunk game in the stratosphere. It's a fact.

Greetings

Biglines
27-07-09, 12:37
I think rabbi fang still plays, but don't recognise any of the other names

William Antrim
27-07-09, 13:09
None of those guys play anymore. I see you used to play Uranus in the distant past. The few people who are still banded together from The Crahn Syndicate are currently waiting for Black Prophecy to be released and can be found at syn-clan.com.

The rest of those guys have disappeared into the ether i think. I cant speak for everyone on that list but I think most have got bored of nc again for the short term.

_shiva
27-07-09, 14:05
Yeah I've expected that. Even I didn't play for years because I got bored of all the stuff. But somehow, it's fun again, I just can't explain.

There is no similar MMORPG out there a the moment (some are Beta) and I think, Neocron will be king of its genre for a long time in the future. It still has its overwhelming charme and maybe some players will come back.

Black Prophecy is totally different. If you don't like galaxy games and want to play an FPS based online game, you won't give BP a try. But there may also be many players who like this type of game.

I've checked out the sYn-board and there are indeed many of the oldschool veterans :) Nice that they're still on the road.

I just hope to face them some time soon in some game (hopefully NC).

I think most of the people still think that nothing has changed since NC2 (I also did). But KK reversed the changes and nearly everything is as good as it was before. There is so much interesting new stuff and if you was once into NC, you may be fall back again :)

Dribble Joy
27-07-09, 18:28
I'm still here, as allways.

The new PP is the P1-P2 zone line btw.

Drevious
27-07-09, 20:10
Yep those were the days in pepper lmao. I was all up in there on Skojax/Postagirl. Those days are long gone though and you won't see anything like that on this game for a long time.

Kanedax
28-07-09, 00:24
I was always around the PP fights back in the day man. Unfortunately people are too much of pussies to risk not zone whoring.

L0KI
28-07-09, 09:33
Hey Shiva!

Always good to see an old (proverbial) face! ;)

Oh, and I've not heard from the legend that is Matt UK in years.

_shiva
28-07-09, 09:44
Oh, and I've not heard from the legend that is Matt UK in years.

You mean, he may play? This fighter was one of the main reasons, I was logging on every night because it was so much fun. It was the whole crew in PP around (oh yeah Dribble Joy and Postagirl — I can remember :D).

I'm playing every day right now and the game gets more and more interesting. I've seen incredible awesome PA's and Spys seem to have the new mastery. One Spy-PA is black with limegreen tubes — this is absolutely the style, I've expected and always wanted from Neocron.

Yesterday I talked to some hunters and the rare drop is incredibely high. I need to get up a researcher and constructor soon ;-)

The medicare is filled with players again (minimum 5 people) and the old fashion NC feeling is kinda back. I hope, many players will get bored of WoW or something and come back.

William Antrim
28-07-09, 17:54
Unfortunately these days its not the bugs but rather the buggers that detract from this game. If it had 300+ people on like it used to then it would be ten times more fun.

For me personally 5 people in plaza 1 (when you can guarantee 3 are afk) is not a great population.

Dont get me wrong I love this game but it would have to have something so far unseen in nc to bring me back to play nightly. Far be it for me to complain but there are currently certain elements outside (currently) of Reakktors control that feature in the game which make it less fun and certainly not a level playing field.

For that reason I prefer to wait for Black Prophecy and hopefully recapture some of the glory of old nc1 within that game instead.

Drevious
28-07-09, 19:05
You mean, he may play? This fighter was one of the main reasons, I was logging on every night because it was so much fun. It was the whole crew in PP around (oh yeah Dribble Joy and Postagirl — I can remember :D).

OMG someone remembers my badass PKer PE postagirl! hahaha. Yeah, i don't play much either, i get too bored everytime i log in. But if you need any help IG shiva shoot me a PM and i can log in an help you. Especially if you are leveling a new character, i want to level something, im not sure yet.

silent000
28-07-09, 21:09
Careful though Drevious might steal your wallet :cool:

I have not logged in for a long time but i've heard about the p1/p2 zoneline hugs. I'm hoping to re-kindle some decent PvP though

_shiva
29-07-09, 10:01
Hehe well. I think it's totally normal if an online game gets bored after some time. In Neocron's case, it had to do with the loss of many players because they switched to other MMORPGs. The reasons could haven been the balancing problems of NC, the bugs, the PvP community, the graphics — or just because they wanted something "new".

Personally, I could never switch to another game because Neocron is and will always be the best game of its genre. There were several cyberpunk games but they couldn't make it.

I'm curious about the next time because "The Matrix Online" will shutdown its servers. I hope that many players will switch (back) to NC :)

It's always what you make of it. If you expect too much of NC you won't get satisfied. If you like the charm of Doomreapers, the glowing light of rare parts, the whole acoustic atmosphere of Neocron city or players hunting each other through Outposts, you will like NC.

Yesterday, there was a small event and I appreciate that. NC is still being played after many many years and this is respectable. I for myself will be playing for a while, waiting for more players joining and people fighting.

zii
29-07-09, 20:49
I'm still here, as allways.

^llw^lw
Likewise.

The new PP is the P1-P2 zone line btw.
Yup. Also I use the NCPD wanted list in CC in case someone isn't hiding in their flat ;)

Doc Holliday
30-07-09, 21:19
one day. things will get better. one day.

NAPPER
15-08-09, 05:57
one day. things will get better. one day.

Alot of the guys i talk to that are taking a break from NC most of them have said after the summer they will be returning so it should be fun :D

Dribble Joy
15-08-09, 09:30
Teh crack bring them all back :D.

zii
15-08-09, 22:03
I think they all came back to Mars because the pops have been remarkably high recently especially since its August and all ought to be out taking drugs. Cheaper to jack up on NC.

NAPPER
16-08-09, 13:37
I think they all came back to Mars because the pops have been remarkably high recently especially since its August and all ought to be out taking drugs. Cheaper to jack up on NC.

lol yeah

Mars 6% = 60 people
Mercury 1% = 10 people
Terra 3% = people

this morning at 9am

Riddle
17-08-09, 14:40
Most nights i Log on its :-

Mars 10%
Terra 6%

And 6% = 60 people not correct tbh, other night must have been 8 chars in my shop and only 3 people dual logged. I know thats extreme!, but a fair few people i know of leave dual logged pokers online or tradeskillers, whilst at PVP or Farming.

Anyways Back On Topic:
PP3 fights were good, but i always preffered CRP for the size of the playing field and the Mob hassle element. In fact seen a few fights in CRP lately, maybe people bored of P2?

Ninjano2002uk
25-08-09, 17:23
Wow some old school names here , Dribble Joy, Doc holiday & also Finne ( Think I was in a clan or with you last time I played when we had to fight Muh ) :P
My memory is kinda awful but on a OLD PC of mine P3 600 I think it was, I have like over 200 Neocron 1 pictures maybe neocron 2 , of P1 P2 fights & all that stuff, I might get it out & check the names.

Ah its all coming back to me , the fights in FA TG ganking noobs ( scratch that ... helping noobs in sewers ) I think one of the places I remember most was that place in city were you drop down a little ladder & was tons of these guys with cannons for arms , which when sold were worth 90k ? Or sumthing each & you could sell the odd implants they dropped like arms & legs in a vendor a few meters away from the drop down ladder, I remember there being tons of guys fighting over the spot for it tho apart from those lil LE whores as it made the most cost at the time that or farming Rares in a tank.

William Antrim
26-08-09, 13:35
That wouldve been the aggressor sewers in plaza 2 then. The good old days. Loved that place. It was like a second home.

Kanedax
27-08-09, 08:55
Pops are still shite eh? I've been trying to play more but when there is no one to fight (proper fight like an op fight not the weak ass shit plaza 2 represents as pvp) theres no reason to play anymore.

Ninjano2002uk
27-08-09, 13:29
That wouldve been the aggressor sewers in plaza 2 then. The good old days. Loved that place. It was like a second home.

Aggressor sewers in plaza 2 !! Thats the one , could not think of there name ah the memorys of that place leveling up my little chars.
Places that ment alot to me & that I remember.

Aggressor sewers in plaza 2

MG Bunker was it shooting warbots & those floating mobs killing many a million of them.

Fire mobs in TG with a tank ( that you drive )

( That cave by FA were you could get special rare Implants for killing these super Evil posion bats ! ) Spent many a time repairing coz of this place DAM it hurt !

That cave that I just cant remember were you get black nightshade & another special item cant remember what it was but you had to kill some swamp thing in a cave with more posion bats!

Those fire shooting scorps & the Queen.

Some random place that I could not tell you were but was in the back of NC city you dropped down a ladder & into these massive rooms were you open these Doors & had to fight Aggressors & I think there was a warbot or sumthing big down there cant remmeber but was fun times you had to hack open the doors I think.

Just soo many memorys even tho PVP is Dead which I took a big part in world pvp was so much fun Ops not so much as it was hard to walk with a PPU up my ass.

I wish neocron all the best & hopefully it will pick up again, sadly it has been 48hrs now since I sent a email to neocron@accounts with not even so much of a ticket or auto reply or any word. Any idea how I can get back onto Neocron 2 I got the game downloaded ready to lock stock & shoot, just says no such account name.

Riddle
27-08-09, 14:30
Pops are still shite eh? I've been trying to play more but when there is no one to fight (proper fight like an op fight not the weak ass shit plaza 2 represents as pvp) theres no reason to play anymore.

Plaza 2 SUX and we all know it!

I been getting some action at CRP and Battle Dome of late, people venturing out again!
Besides if there is no one there i hunt a few mobs, until a victim passes by....MUWHAHAHHAH

err...Logan ....Get back in yer shop!8|

Hell-demon
27-08-09, 15:40
Plaza 2 with unbalanced WoC weapons has be the death knell for Neocron pvp. Maybe if there was more of an incentive to hold outposts we would see more wasteland action. But everyone has lots of money and guns so owning an outpost is akin to having a warbot trophy in your appartment.

Drevious
27-08-09, 19:40
Everytime i log on every few days i see more people on the german server than terra

Hell-demon
27-08-09, 19:58
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Doc Holliday
28-08-09, 15:17
Aggressor sewers in plaza 2 !! Thats the one , could not think of there name ah the memorys of that place leveling up my little chars.
Places that ment alot to me & that I remember.

Aggressor sewers in plaza 2

MG Bunker was it shooting warbots & those floating mobs killing many a million of them.

Fire mobs in TG with a tank ( that you drive )

( That cave by FA were you could get special rare Implants for killing these super Evil posion bats ! ) Spent many a time repairing coz of this place DAM it hurt !

That cave that I just cant remember were you get black nightshade & another special item cant remember what it was but you had to kill some swamp thing in a cave with more posion bats!

Those fire shooting scorps & the Queen.

Some random place that I could not tell you were but was in the back of NC city you dropped down a ladder & into these massive rooms were you open these Doors & had to fight Aggressors & I think there was a warbot or sumthing big down there cant remmeber but was fun times you had to hack open the doors I think.

Just soo many memorys even tho PVP is Dead which I took a big part in world pvp was so much fun Ops not so much as it was hard to walk with a PPU up my ass.

I wish neocron all the best & hopefully it will pick up again, sadly it has been 48hrs now since I sent a email to neocron@accounts with not even so much of a ticket or auto reply or any word. Any idea how I can get back onto Neocron 2 I got the game downloaded ready to lock stock & shoot, just says no such account name.

so many cool places for the PVE mentioned there dude. :)

batqueen was the poison bats and the swamp shaman in the caves. sadly both are so broken you cant last more than 5 mins.

the graves were another good spot. big ass poison snakes to go kill for viperking armour. :)

tg canyon has always been good for firemobs in a tank or not. it used to be fun to go blasting them with an apu/ppu/tank team as well. no need of a rhino and the apu was useable. not like now.

i hate to sound bitter but one of my biggest gripes with the game was the way the pve was left in the last patch. so many places unusable compared to before. at least if there was some variation on the whole drone to woc thing and the rebalance of woc to non woc weapons it might make things better.

then again even those that have woc can still get rinsed. some people have extra help sadly it would seem. others just cry everyone has extra help when they lose. sorry state of nc.

when bp comes out and the money rolls in maybe somethin good happens. or maybe take the whole ip and redevelop a new nc for our children in the future and we can all sit on rockin chairs and go

"well i remember how it used to be back in the day"

oh hang on. we do that now. :)

Ninjano2002uk
29-08-09, 17:13
so many cool places for the PVE mentioned there dude. :)

batqueen was the poison bats and the swamp shaman in the caves. sadly both are so broken you cant last more than 5 mins.

the graves were another good spot. big ass poison snakes to go kill for viperking armour. :)

tg canyon has always been good for firemobs in a tank or not. it used to be fun to go blasting them with an apu/ppu/tank team as well. no need of a rhino and the apu was useable. not like now.

i hate to sound bitter but one of my biggest gripes with the game was the way the pve was left in the last patch. so many places unusable compared to before. at least if there was some variation on the whole drone to woc thing and the rebalance of woc to non woc weapons it might make things better.

then again even those that have woc can still get rinsed. some people have extra help sadly it would seem. others just cry everyone has extra help when they lose. sorry state of nc.

when bp comes out and the money rolls in maybe somethin good happens. or maybe take the whole ip and redevelop a new nc for our children in the future and we can all sit on rockin chairs and go

"well i remember how it used to be back in the day"

oh hang on. we do that now. :)

Hey Doc, Yes I remember those snakes how could I forget another amazing place sold many a viperking armour for a nice profit :)
What is WOC tho ? Last time I played neocron 2 I remember you could buy LOM pills or sumthing that replace ur skill points & you lose abit of EXP I remember MUH bein the main Clan at the time, whats happend to MC5 chips etc are they still used?

Out of all the places above I would have to say the snakes & Scorp queen were the most fun , & the Shaman boss was the hardest with the Queen bat just a lil behide at least you could run away from the Bat Queen you was stuck inside with the shaman hiden behide a rock only to jump out shoot & run back ! Remember it bein down a well tho in the middle of a forrest sort of.

I was thinking of coming back & dont mind paying a few £s for abit of reply vaule but what do you mean the bosses are broken what changed?

p/s if you dont mind Doc send me a Private message about whats broken whats not , whats goin on etc if you have time would be grateful, & Yes I would like to see a neocron 3 my self Just neocron 1 with better gfx would be perfect everyone back at 0/00 with Devs listening to players on what would be good ideas :P

William Antrim
30-08-09, 14:19
PvE is not broken as such. It works it just has been changed so that you need to work as a team more now for levelling than you did before. Monsters do more dmg to players than before and have much more hit points. It is far harder now than it ever was to solo high end monsters and caves are (last time i checked) much much harder to solo. With lower pops than previously this had the effect of pushing a few people that last few feet out of the door that says quit on it. Its a shame but I think that these changes really lost more players than they gained, in the long term at least.

At one time you could go into the swamp caves as a mid level player and level alone. Now its hard to go in there as a capped player without taking a serious amount of damage and not really getting much shooting done.

P.s the place youre talking about in the back of neocron city is the Outzone/Industrial area.

They used to have Launcher Cyclopses in there when i started playing but never warbots. There was an event where a warbot or two "appeared" in there one time but it was a one off thing. The same map was used however in the warbot construction facility where there are giant huge ones that you need to kill for the woc crossbow quest. Perhaps you got the two mixed up?

Anyway, nc is what it is. Whether it gets "fixed" or not is another matter. I love it for what it has been all these years and I would love to see it rise from the ashes once again but I don't know if or when that will happen.

In hope then I keep my trigger fingers crossed.

Ninjano2002uk
31-08-09, 06:41
PvE is not broken as such. It works it just has been changed so that you need to work as a team more now for levelling than you did before. Monsters do more dmg to players than before and have much more hit points. It is far harder now than it ever was to solo high end monsters and caves are (last time i checked) much much harder to solo. With lower pops than previously this had the effect of pushing a few people that last few feet out of the door that says quit on it. Its a shame but I think that these changes really lost more players than they gained, in the long term at least.

At one time you could go into the swamp caves as a mid level player and level alone. Now its hard to go in there as a capped player without taking a serious amount of damage and not really getting much shooting done.

P.s the place youre talking about in the back of neocron city is the Outzone/Industrial area.

They used to have Launcher Cyclopses in there when i started playing but never warbots. There was an event where a warbot or two "appeared" in there one time but it was a one off thing. The same map was used however in the warbot construction facility where there are giant huge ones that you need to kill for the woc crossbow quest. Perhaps you got the two mixed up?

Anyway, nc is what it is. Whether it gets "fixed" or not is another matter. I love it for what it has been all these years and I would love to see it rise from the ashes once again but I don't know if or when that will happen.

In hope then I keep my trigger fingers crossed.

Yes ur correct, I belive I was at that event & I also went to the Warbot construction Faclity place , Its coming back to me but another exciten place I use to PVE was some Army bunker that had Evil Storm bots in it that use to drop Storm lasers 4 slots!! the mid players / noobs use to part with a good amount of cash for what was pretty easy to get with a nice team of 3 or more.. almost every Storm bot dropped a nice storm laser! :)

Its such a shame that they have nerfed the Caves & bosses so that you can no longer enter them as a almost capped Player or even mid range, Perhaps I have choosen to come to neocron abit to late , are there plans to rollback these changes & put it back to normal does this game still have support GMS etc? Are there new patchs coming I ask as if the game is dead & gone "such a shame " there is no harm in turning back a few changes to keep the old players happy seein as there the only 1s online no ? :)

Trivaldi
31-08-09, 11:23
Ninjano, take a look at this recent letter from the CEO (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143720), which explains the current state of play for both Reakktor and Neocron.

Also i can assure you the game does still have support in the form of an in game GameMaster Team and out of game E-Mail Support as it always has done, plus as always the Official Forums are continuously policed by the Forum Moderator Squad.

Chosen One
31-08-09, 16:25
Ninjano, take a look at this recent letter from the CEO (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143720), which explains the current state of play for both Reakktor and Neocron.

Also i can assure you the game does still have support in the form of an in game GameMaster Team and out of game E-Mail Support as it always has done, plus as always the Official Forums are continuously policed by the Forum Moderator Squad.

FMS Police?

see what i did there?...ahh im a silly bitch! :D

Ninjano2002uk
31-08-09, 17:46

Thanks Trivaldi, it was a shock to read & I hope the company pulls threw you can see how much the playerbase cares for neocron to think a company of 40+ with so much talent made a game as good as neocron :)

Once BP is finished up & running making money & what not do you think the company would welcome some of the more skilled playerbase to help even for free to keep neocron running even to give ideas support & what not perhaps even hold events for neocron.

Thanks for the link.

William Antrim
01-09-09, 15:57
Personally, as i think i said in that thread, I'd like to see em bundle a paid-for account together with Black Prophecy and nc side by side on a 2-4-1 deal. Like if you paid £8 a month for black prophecy (for example) you would get nc for free sort of thing. It might help to launch both games.

Ninjano2002uk
01-09-09, 23:15
Personally, as i think i said in that thread, I'd like to see em bundle a paid-for account together with Black Prophecy and nc side by side on a 2-4-1 deal. Like if you paid £8 a month for black prophecy (for example) you would get nc for free sort of thing. It might help to launch both games.

Clever idea , but what happens when they get to many people playing neocron again they would have to bring in more support which I dont think they could seein as everything is on BP at moment, to be honest they should just give the playerbase who have sense & program skills etc the keys to neocron to change things how they see fit after having perhaps meetings on msn with a SGM? You know so they could do the work for free while still keeping balance & such you get were am going with this?

Biglines
02-09-09, 00:03
pops are at their lowest i've seen them in like one and a half year... (thats when I came back)...

I had a reasoning here why it wouldn't be smart to show new people interested in BP the community of NC, but tbh not worth the effort and doesn't help anyway...