PDA

View Full Version : Community Input! One thing Neocron is missing.

MrTrip
06-06-09, 00:14
This is not a flame thread, so please keep them out. Nid, I ask instead of closing it due to flames, can you just remove them the best you can?

This should be interesting, lets see how long we can ACTUALLY get the list WITHOUT repeating.

First, lets nix the obvious, population.

I'm looking for more in depth things, maybe the devs will notice this thread and throw a few in.

ONE thing at a time, no longer than one sentence, and please do not repeat.

I'll start...

More mini missions for small items such as Low level pistols, rifles, cannons, and psi spells.

Biglines
06-06-09, 00:46
[ edited ]

Hell-demon
06-06-09, 01:11
Due to PVP orientation of this game and due to it contributing to the player base.....remove safe zones. If we gonna have some change let it be dramatic.

Elvis MC
06-06-09, 12:28
Due to PVP orientation of this game and due to it contributing to the player base.....remove safe zones. If we gonna have some change let it be dramatic.

I can't remember the name of a certain pvp server,
which went right into nowhere ages ago. ;)

Doc Holliday
06-06-09, 15:11
pops are too small to do a new server. yes the pvp server failed because most people didnt want to start fresh.

remove the safezones from nc now and it will make for a lot more fun. lot of people have le's anyway so they can stay out of it but the p2 zone whoring dual logging ppu shit is the most boring shit i have ever witnessed in this game. its really gone downhill. sad thing there is zero action anywhere else outside of a fully organised op fight.

Biglines
06-06-09, 17:38
removing all safezones would also remove all the tradeskillers from the game

Trilaac
07-06-09, 00:55
the old pvp server was called neptune: http://wiki.techhaven.org/Servers

I think removing the safezones would be a bad idea, as then all the traders would dissapear to either their respective hq's/apps, or only come to you with a very large gaurd.

I'd say if you removed NC safezones, make TH back to the central trading area, and make it all safe. Also, put one of every kind of shop in the main retail area.

I'd also have more random events.. I remember once walking through the plaza and a load of genotox crawlers and stuff were all over p1 and p2. it was part of a storyline (back in the day when half the factions were in DoY, and the ceres labs and regents had JUST opened) some DoY runners went to raid NC for food and "unleashed" these regents mutants. I remember running all the way back to DoY with pro-city guys on our asses until we got to the limits and the DoY bots started shooting the NC guys...

LiL T
07-06-09, 01:16
This.

Trilaac
07-06-09, 01:30
This.

if KK gave me a bit of money and released the location information I could send some "Heavy Lads" from work to teach them the error of their ways...

Finne
07-06-09, 06:04
pops are too small to do a new server. yes the pvp server failed because most people didnt want to start fresh.

thats just not true, shortly after it went online the pvp server had more population than the others, and capped chars were easy to achieve because of the higher XP gain the server had.

It failed because the so called "hardcore pvpers" werent that hardcore after all :lol:

Doc Holliday
07-06-09, 11:18
apologies finne. i stand corrected.

i still think people are wrong about the whole trade skillers doing a houdini act. enough people play with LE's these days. im sure alot of them are traders. traders with an LE would be a valuable useful commodity. think about it. or if they trade from appartments it brings the emphasis back on player shops like what logan ford did and some others.

a bit of originality in the game would be a benefit. at the end of the day its pretty obvious for most folks in nc if your a trader or not. you generally dont have a weapon. LOTs of people know who are and arent traders and if you did get blown away by some lamer with a cs or what ever how hard is it to call friends or respawn. also there are the hqs. you can tradeskill from these. if you have to go meet someone outside of a hq as he is an enemy faction and he ganks you you cross him off the list of customers you deal with.

Selket
07-06-09, 11:26
PvP server is and was BS!

my idea
put at "whorespots" Fixed guards so they cant be drawn into the pool or sth like that. Also put more guards into the "whore sectors".

That should solve the problem. People will not fight at syncs and far away from the syncs they can do it. but synclaming isnt possible then.

Problem solved.

Next problem?

Garfield
07-06-09, 13:42
get rid of that "balancing shite" patch back to 2.1

more low-mid lvl runs/missions/quests we

fix melee and vehicles

bring back kami chips/spirit mods and all other funny thingys wich we had

give apu the HAB/DMG Boost back

bring back a "small" version of paraglue

gimme a damn pizza bar in Pepper Park or MB

William Antrim
07-06-09, 14:53
removing all safezones would also remove all the tradeskillers from the game

Faction HQs should still be safe, or apartments should be made safe zones instead so that tradeskillers can properly operate from "shops" like they were meant to at the dawn of NC2.

Or Traders should be able to buy "shops" that are the same as Apartments but have some nifty decorations on the wall (gun cabinets, medicine cabinets, armour cabinets even?) and stuff.

Make it as realistic as possible. Simple and effective solution.

zii
07-06-09, 20:53

This was not a problem because levelling was changed to thrice that of normal levelling. I capped my PE in under a week of casual playing.

remove the safezones from nc now and it will make for a lot more fun. lot of people have le's anyway so they can stay out of it but the p2 zone whoring dual logging ppu shit is the most boring shit i have ever witnessed in this game. its really gone downhill. sad thing there is zero action anywhere else outside of a fully organised op fight.

Neptune dies due to lack of players. I know, I used to play on it and watched the pop count increase when it was launched and then tail off rather quickly. I cannot remember the exact reason why.

Safe zone removal is bad idea. We have to have some place where we cannot be killed. Personally, I would prefer if this game had no safe zones [but with zones that incurred a -50 SL loss upon any kill), but this is unworkable. A lessor evil would be to automatically deactivate the LE chip from any rank over 30 - I can already hear people shouting 'NO!'.

Thus neither of these ideas are good to keep or encourage future player base growth. Something else is wanted.

I like the idea of proper player bought shops that are safe zones but I don't know how this would help the population increase.

I don't want my app to be a safe zone - How would I invite friends in for a cuppa and spike their drink with some AoE?

I would like to see more chaos in the city - More random spawns - The occasional Launcher Cylops roaming the city - Let him spawn twice weekly in Pepper Park in a corner out of the Copbots sight, or somewhere.

Summary: I have not got any ideas :(

Biglines
07-06-09, 21:04
[ edited ]

and the problem you are discussing for removing safezones, it's super overkill, why not just disable buffing people on the same computer? the game can already detect if you're dual logging

but then again, that would require KK to actually do something with neocron...

Trilaac
08-06-09, 12:01
Or Traders should be able to buy "shops" that are the same as Apartments but have some nifty decorations on the wall (gun cabinets, medicine cabinets, armour cabinets even?) and stuff.

I like this idea.. create an area (like main retail area in TH) where shops can be bought/rented by (better make it clans) and each shop offers whatever the clan can do.. build, repair, ress, etc.

of course, that would require some re-modelling of TH (not a huge amount/problem) but would mean KK would have to do some work ont he game (as mention in post above).

Fuck it, give me the raw maps and the editor and i'll do it for free in my spare time, how much can I fuck it up? (I don't know, but i can do blocky maps, and Th is the biggest block system i've ever seen in my life).

RogerRamjet
09-06-09, 01:50
Didn't Neptune have one or two char slots, making it rather difficult to find tradeskillers on the server?

Genji
09-06-09, 15:07
PvP server is and was BS!

my idea
put at "whorespots" Fixed guards so they cant be drawn into the pool or sth like that. Also put more guards into the "whore sectors".

That should solve the problem. People will not fight at syncs and far away from the syncs they can do it. but synclaming isnt possible then.

Problem solved.

Next problem?

This isn't really the fix people think it would be, all it would really do is drive almost all of the people at p1/p2 zoneline into p1 untill an op fight.
Considering the population, it would reduce the amount of pvp in the game a drastic amount. IF there were alot of people playing it's wouldn't be that bad, but as it is...

Didn't Neptune have one or two char slots, making it rather difficult to find tradeskillers on the server?

Hell-demon
09-06-09, 19:01
I think we should have turn based combat.

Cylapse
09-06-09, 20:37
A Barber?... =P

Biglines
09-06-09, 21:11
I think we should have turn based combat.
and more elves

Kanedax
09-06-09, 21:17
Fuck it, I'm just gonna reroll for pally.

Hell-demon
09-06-09, 21:28
and more elves

Exactly. Having a no more elves campaign is counter productive. We need swords, gold, grind and greasy nerds. By making neocron like every other fantasy mmo we can ride on their success!

No?

Kanedax
09-06-09, 22:02
Exactly. Having a no more elves campaign is counter productive. We need swords, gold, grind and greasy nerds. By making neocron like every other fantasy mmo we can ride on their success!

No?

Sexy lady elf strippers.

Doc Holliday
09-06-09, 22:30
it needs more thread hijackers to steer discussion off topic

aKe`cj
09-06-09, 23:52
It failed because the so called "hardcore pvpers" werent that hardcore after all :lol:

questionable... I'd attribute part of the failure to the circumstance that NC, being reduced to a pure PvP setting, was not up with competitors in that field and certainly not with the expectations of NC vets.

ot:
what nc really needs ...well, deserves, would be a CLEAN and COMPLETE rework of just about everything, par the initial core concept. I'd certainly pay $200 and more for my fix of NC3 :)

Biglines
09-06-09, 23:57
it needs more thread hijackers to steer discussion off topic
I'm sorry, but have you in the last year found even a shred of evidence or even indication that anything we say gets through to any kind of dev? It's not like anything we do on here has any kind of influence on them...

so one thing Neocron is missing: Devs listening... or even just devs I suppose...

Hell-demon
10-06-09, 02:18
The devs do listen. Just they can't do anything.

Biglines
10-06-09, 11:06
The devs do listen. Just they can't do anything.they can't? why not? and how do you know?

I realize I've only been back for 1.5 years, but I've seen absolutely no indication whatsoever?

Hell-demon
10-06-09, 13:18
:D

Reakktor do have a dev team but they are working on Black Prophecy.

Fair enough seeing as neocron is so bloody old, they should do something new, especially as neocron 2 didn't do so well. Could be a chance for them to prove themselves, but I doubt neocron will ever be like it used to in everyone's rose tinted glasses. We may never have huge population numbers, updates to the neocronicle and story driven elements, new (balanced) items and constant patching.

We have to come to terms that neocron may be some peoples first mmo and highly unique, but uniqueness doesn't necessarily mean good. We have problems and will continue to have problems. We must accept neocron for what it is, warts and all.

Zany
10-06-09, 13:30

Fair enough seeing as neocron is so bloody old, they should do something new, especially as neocron 2 didn't do so well. Could be a chance for them to prove themselves, but I doubt neocron will ever be like it used to in everyone's rose tinted glasses. We may never have huge population numbers, updates to the neocronicle and story driven elements, new (balanced) items and constant patching.

We have to come to terms that neocron may be some peoples first mmo and highly unique, but uniqueness doesn't necessarily mean good. We have problems and will continue to have problems. We must accept neocron for what it is, warts and all.

But BlackProphecy could also be a chance for Neocron to get the population higher again.

Because I think , if there will be Black Prophecy news articles , previews etc. they will mention "the first MMORPG from Reakktor Media ...." or something like that.

Sure Neocron is old and rusty , but you pay 5 instead of 12 euro like all the other Games. And Neocron has still an unreached atmosphere , really !

Biglines
10-06-09, 19:08
people that want to play the uebershiny BP are not gonna wanna play shitty looking neocron...

Drevious
10-06-09, 19:48
[ edited ]

Biglines
10-06-09, 20:02
ye, and other people acting like jerks and insulting everyone else...

extract
12-06-09, 22:29
and the problem you are discussing for removing safezones, it's super overkill, why not just disable buffing people on the same computer? the game can already detect if you're dual logging

but then again, that would require KK to actually do something with neocron...

out of curiousity what good would that do? granted most people who dual log are on same pc, (and really i dont see how this would help the game anyways but for shits and giggles) what do you think that would do for the people who have more than 1 PC? well Ill tell you....nothing

Biglines
12-06-09, 23:09
out of curiousity what good would that do? granted most people who dual log are on same pc, (and really i dont see how this would help the game anyways but for shits and giggles) what do you think that would do for the people who have more than 1 PC? well Ill tell you....nothing I was mostly countering their suggestion of making neocron a hell without tradeskillers by removing safezones, but like you said, most people dual log on the same pc ;)

and like I said before, it's not like anything we say in here is of any use anyway, KK don't care or can't do anything about it...

Kanedax
13-06-09, 06:35
KK has no resources to devote to NC. That is the fact of the matter. The world economy is hurting and as the gaming industry is an industry of luxuries things will be rough in the industry, particularly the MMO market where you pay a monthly fee. As I have stated before, I believe KK has a vested interest in continuing the NC brand and will do so only after BP is released for retail and only if BP is a success. I fear the company's existence is hinged on BP being a success.

Biglines
13-06-09, 13:38
if it weren't for the total lack of official communication after the promises they are ignoring, I might be willing to believe you.

as it stands, the only information we get is some kind of hint about further support in a fucking BP news interview with someone else... if they can't even devote some time to writing up some news so the non-bp-fanboys can get some info on the game they are playing (some even paying for)...

I for one am never ever going to pay for BP, because I don't want to start playing another KK game because of the stunts they pull with NC (I was addicted to NC before, but I wouldn't have even started NC if I knew all this)

nevermind, back on topic: NC could use LE'd clans

MrTrip
13-06-09, 21:02
nevermind, back on topic: NC could use LE'd clans

Yeah, LE'd clans would be nice for tradeskillers that want centralized access to apartments etc. It could even be called Corporations for the LE'ed players (not to rip off Eve).

zii
14-06-09, 00:10

I am pleased that you said this, and it is something that I have accepted & am willing and content to accept. I like NC for what it is these days.

Of course I would like to see higher pop counts and the occasional little piece of content change however minor once ever six months, but this won't happen and just get on and play the game, which I still enjoy.

Biglines
14-06-09, 13:37
I am pleased that you said this, and it is something that I have accepted & am willing and content to accept. I like NC for what it is these days.

Of course I would like to see higher pop counts and the occasional little piece of content change however minor once ever six months, but this won't happen and just get on and play the game, which I still enjoy.

atm for me it's not nc that's the problem, it's KK and their total incapability of customer communication... And 3rd party anti cheat tools would not be difficult to implement, and it would solve 90% of the problems nc have atm imho...

zii
14-06-09, 22:55
[ edited ] I just take shit loads of drugs and become invincible :D

VegaH
15-06-09, 23:20
First of all, concerning the removing of the safezones:
This will never be a solution to add more action and PvP to Neocron, it will only change the pvp location to the bottom of the appartments elevators or the HQs zonelines so people still can keep zoning....
The real reason why you have all that ''zonage'' and dual logging and all that crap is that people don't want to lose their precious stuff in their belts....SO...the problem is the belt drop...THIS BEING SAID, we had in the past way more action happening outside of Neocron that we do not have nowadays for any random reason that I don't know...people are only staying by p1 p2 zoneline....It would only need a sort of GROUP CALL so that everyone changes his PvP location back to CRP for exemple, so people don't lose their belts, but still can find nice PvP in teams or alone (snipers, droners)....which we had before and not nowadays.

[ edited ]
3rd point: Balance apus and melees

But my first point about the location of the PvP doesn't require any changes to the game and only needs people to regroup in another place better than p1 and p2 so everyone gets great fun to play NC again without losing their stuff.

TY

Garfield
16-06-09, 01:42
i agree with vegah but therefor we need an open for all gr at cycrow and kinda like a gentleman agreement from all OP fighting clans if they attack this OP they wont camp inside the ug or zone down during an OP fight.

or KK just make the GR near the cave puplic again or ALL GRs.noone is OP fighting for the "OP" nowadays its all about the fight.

nihility
16-06-09, 02:12
On the idea of removing the dropping of belts I myself am all for this idea. It would stop hackers ability to instantly open the belt and steal the item inside. Dropping a belt is the main reason players will zonewhore and dual log ppus. The only other reason they would zone would be to avoid having to get pokes but removing belt drop would mean players would be alot more willing to stay and die than to zone.

Archtemplar
16-06-09, 03:40
Burn the heretic for ideas that make too much sense!

But seriously, getting rid of belt drops would indeed fix a lot of the issues. However, most people will cry "carebear" and insist that a real fix is the hilariously short sighted safe-zone removal. :lol:

Nidhogg
16-06-09, 10:30
I'm closing this thread to remove all discussion regarding exploits which is not permitted under the forum rules (neither is ban evasion!) If that continues I'm afraid I'll be forced to close the thread indefinitely.

N

/edit - thread re-opened.

Doc Holliday
16-06-09, 12:31
fight in warzones. no belt drops.

dont have to hide in p1.

Biglines
16-06-09, 12:44
most important thing to get people to fight elsewhere is momentum, and let's be honest, the average p2'er doesn't show up on the forums or has any will to listen to others....

Archtemplar
16-06-09, 17:55
fight in warzones. no belt drops.

dont have to hide in p1.

Fight in warzones? Against what, Tumble-weeds? It's such a rarity to see anyone in any play other than the main city

VegaH
17-06-09, 19:40
SO....do we all agree to go hang around CRP instead of p1 and p2 to create more fight and more fun while KK won't change anything to the game?

Doc Holliday
17-06-09, 19:41
Fight in warzones? Against what, Tumble-weeds? It's such a rarity to see anyone in any play other than the main city

if a couple of people go do it the server "might" follow and make something happen.

after all

Shit does roll downhill ;)

Biglines
17-06-09, 20:39
SO....do we all agree to go hang around CRP instead of p1 and p2 to create more fight and more fun while KK won't change anything to the game?

i don't think people will come because they want the advantage of a dual logged ppu

MrTrip
18-06-09, 02:06
i don't think people will come because they want the advantage of a dual logged ppu

dual logged ppu and the advantage of being able to GR and get right back into the action.

Hell-demon
18-06-09, 12:02
What I find boring in neocron is that despite it's twitched based, first person shooter gameplay a lot of people go into third person and dance.

What I mean is pvp is mostly people circling each other and weaving in and out of combat. It's like a violent line dance. It's not your usual fps. It looks weird.

VegaH
18-06-09, 13:16
dual logged ppu and the advantage of being able to GR and get right back into the action.

Well, if zoneline whoring and clipping through walls in small areas in p2 is what you call action, I understand why Neocron is now full of carebears standing in the city...

This being said, we had nice action yesterday around CRP-Cycrow-Tezla, so it was fun. I hope people will do that again and on a more regular basis.

Bye!

*Dazz*
18-06-09, 13:22
Well, if zoneline whoring and clipping through walls in small areas in p2 is what you call action, I understand why Neocron is now full of carebears standing in the city...

This being said, we had nice action yesterday around CRP-Cycrow-Tezla, so it was fun. I hope people will do that again and on a more regular basis.

Bye!

Yes it was fun ;)

Biglines
18-06-09, 17:23
What I find boring in neocron is that despite it's twitched based, first person shooter gameplay a lot of people go into third person and dance.

What I mean is pvp is mostly people circling each other and weaving in and out of combat. It's like a violent line dance. It's not your usual fps. It looks weird.

cuz its not aim based but tracking based, in CSS for example you can aim and hit

but yeah, it's a good analogy, even though I play first person, it is what it looks like

Helkster
23-06-09, 03:37
Rollback to Neocron Beta 3.

Game fixed, game perfect

Hell-demon
23-06-09, 13:56
Let me take those rose tinted glasses off for a sec. Beta was buggy. Very buggy. The game was far from perfect or balanced. Neocron 1 retail was pretty good and generally got better reviews.

Drevious
23-06-09, 18:46
No matter what they have EVER done there is always a class that is overpowered sooo... doesn't really matter what they do. Game will still have more bugs than players.

Drevious
23-06-09, 18:48
Honestly if you all want to see Neocron even be a LITTLE decent again you should ALL quit Neocron and go play their new "sweet" game Black Prophecy. Because if that fails as hard as it looks like its gonna then... BUY BUY

Tsukasa
24-06-09, 23:23
if you wanted to make changes to neocron
1. start by changing all the faction locations and faction loyalties back to where they were in Neocron 1,
2. reinstate cash cubes, because we loved cash cubes
3. drop the 2.2 enhancements ak the armour
4. make a United States server !!! this is a big one ^_^
5. give DOY its own factions.....

Biglines
24-06-09, 23:32

ye and split the player base into even smaller populations...

Kanedax
25-06-09, 00:55
if you wanted to make changes to neocron
1. start by changing all the faction locations and faction loyalties back to where they were in Neocron 1,
2. reinstate cash cubes, because we loved cash cubes
3. drop the 2.2 enhancements ak the armour
5. give DOY its own factions.....

[ edited ]

The US player base is tiny compared to them gott danged Euros and to be honest, us guys and gals who have played the game for a long time are well established within the gaming constituency we frequent and have frequented. Some of my best buddies in game are Europeans and I personally would not play on a US specific server, I'm sure I speak for the majority of US players when I say that.

Tsukasa
25-06-09, 01:22
[ edited ]
The US player base is tiny compared to them gott danged Euros and to be honest, us guys and gals who have played the game for a long time are well established within the gaming constituency we frequent and have frequented. Some of my best buddies in game are Europeans and I personally would not play on a US specific server, I'm sure I speak for the majority of US players when I say that.

The reason for the tiny us server population is because there is no us servers, and in a game like neocron ping has a lot to do with success, when we are pinging close to 400 evertime we connect that is an issue

p.s. it is not nice to call someone and idiot esp when they have been playing the game longer then you ^_^

Kanedax
25-06-09, 05:24
The reason for the tiny us server population is because there is no us servers, and in a game like neocron ping has a lot to do with success, when we are pinging close to 400 evertime we connect that is an issue

p.s. it is not nice to call someone and idiot esp when they have been playing the game longer then you ^_^

Forum join dates don't mean jack. Been playing since NC1 beta. Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with your machine but my ping is 120 tops when I play. Anyhow, if KK plans on expanding this game drastically then yes, a US server is a good idea. However they more than likely don't plan on something like that, they plan on probably supporting the game minimally with some patching for balancing, minor bug fixing, and some content. To create a US server under such circumstances is impractical.

Saiyuki-
29-06-09, 07:35
"Community Input! One thing Neocron is missing."
Old models. Old graphics. Old.

illmatic
09-07-09, 15:31
One combined server to consolidate populations, and don't cater on a whim to people who want to have "combat" characters on classes that werent intended for intense PVP. Of course your spy dies in 2 shots, that's how its supposed to be. Tanks and PE's are your PVP chars, spies and apu's should be weak (unless you learn how to spec them). I played an apu for years, granted I had a PPU assplug in Hogith, and a damn good one at that, but I still fought dozens of times against people with PPUs as well and its incredibly evident that things werent as overpowered as people claimed, but people just didnt use their characters abilities to their advantages. I assure you I had my frustrating moments too dying to terrormaulers at genereps when i was alone going to OP fight. My APU was just as weak as yours. If you want to really PVP and absorb 100 attacks, you should probably play a tank. Dont make a spy and complain he dies in 4 shots (maybe not anymore with rebalance, but ya know) You have four character slots (And many of you have two or three accounts). Use them. Don't get me wrong, the re-balance was alright, but it just went from making spies useless (unless you knew how to set them up as only a few did...tostino ect.) to making APU's useless. Instead of wanting a rebalance every time a new gun that owns comes out, just PVP with a different character or try new setups. I cant tell you how many times I watch people fight and someone runs away and gets owned while bolting for the zone line, probably shouldnt do this seeing how it makes you a big ass target that cant fight back. Maybe im biased being an APU for years but I feel like KK did so much for so many people that were complaining about balance in the game that they lost sight of the original game ideas. The PVP system is too good to fiddle with. Sure the game has glitches, its inevitable with the wide open gameplay neocron has. Seriously though, if you want a glitch free click and select your attack PC game go play some boring ass RPG. Im sure many people will disagree with this idea of not fiddling too much with the PVP system but everyones gonna have a different opinion on everything so tough luck :lol: . And I love the fact that KK listens to its players to fix things. But the PVP system is changing so much that so many old players feel like its an entirely new game. If the servers were all consolidated, the pops were up, and the PVP system wasnt constantly adjusted to cater to peoples wishes every 3 seconds, id probably play more often. And oh yeah, hackers suck too, ban them. :lol: Who am I kidding, ill probably still play anyway.

Archtemplar
09-07-09, 19:04
I dont understand why the Tank has the most HP, armor, and damage output. Kinda like having your cake and eating it too, no?

Hell-demon
09-07-09, 21:18
Tank is only good for heavy weapons as it stands. Balance goes right out the window when you try and melee, use apu attacks or anything that doesn't have woc.

WoC made neocron shite.

Trilaac
09-07-09, 23:23
WoC made neocron shite.

seconded.. i remember when there was content, like massively long missions to run, and they ket adding new ones. Unfortunately with the whole dev team working on BP, there is no more content to NC, and they just whipped together WOC as a carry on to make the elite (or cheaters) even more powerfull).

There was a whole storyline for the WOC thing, but it petered out a few years ago and nothing else came of it. Maybe after BP they'll do some content for NC and add some more of the major storyline.

Hell-demon
10-07-09, 00:33
Maybe after BP they'll do some content for NC and add some more of the major storyline.

There is still a maybe. Remeber what KK says and what they do can sometimes not be the same thing. I think their track record proves that.

I don't see why neocron's future is in KK's number 1 egg basket. It seems if BP goes bust then so does KK. Ideally they should try and support both. Hell just outsource some extra content. BP and neocron had content made by another company and for the french server we used to have they hired a role playing company to manage the story.

I'd like to see how BP success will help neocron. Why would they pump extra money and time into a poorly recieved game than work on their current one?

Also they haven't added extra content for years and patches were few and far between even in nc1. Are we really going to see a monumental change?
Suppose they did patch neocron, which clever boy or girl here would like to tell me what would happen?

I'll tell you. Same thing as always. Population increase by 10% and then it will slump back down after a few months. The reason eve and WoW go on and garner interest is because they have regular patches, content and expansion packs, not to mention advertising. Neocron is past the point of advertising. How can we sell this game if it has an awful reputation?

-FN-
11-07-09, 00:18
Funding

... to reimagine the whole concept with a new engine, as Neocron's current content/world at it's core.

aKe`cj
11-07-09, 00:23
Funding

... to reimagine the whole concept with a new engine, as Neocron's current content/world at it's core.

zomg it's FN .. and he's right

.. to some degree - the current gameworld could use some revision for the sake of interesting gameplay :)

Asurmen Spec Op
12-07-09, 07:52
Me

End of thread.

Hell-demon
12-07-09, 16:16
/signed

Apocalypsox
12-07-09, 22:08
double signed.

but really, more population would make game much better

Hell-demon
13-07-09, 02:51
Yes and no. Although it would be nice to have a bigger population, neocron is not in a state that would keep them here. If neocron wasn't free right now the population would be abysmal.