PDA

View Full Version : Gain XP in team

prisoner
08-05-09, 17:41
Hi guys,

In the old NC1 days i remember that you can gain XP in skill other than your main skill by teaming up with player of different classes, ex: teaming up with a spy gave you some dex xp while fighting moobs.

Is that one of my dream or it was really like that? And if it's right, is this feature already present in NC2? There's some ranking restriction (ex: if you're too low or too high in rank you'll not gain any XP) or maybe some table with formulas on XP gain this way?

Also, is it normal that if i do recycle to improve DEX on my Monk, every recycle process give me less points that the previous one?

Thanks!

William Antrim
09-05-09, 16:56
Yes its the same as in nc1, recycle should give dex xp though i have no idea how much per hit. The rank restriction is I believe (without checking) the two ranks need to be within 20 ranks of each other roughly though I forget if it is combat rank (the first number) or character rank (the second). If one person is greyed out to another then you will not share xp. I believe its based on combat rank though.

Dribble Joy
10-05-09, 06:41
Combat rank.

Bear in mind not all stats will gain xp in a team on some classes. Monks for example cannot gain dex xp.

Recycle xp is like any other tradeskill, the xp gain is dependant on the tl of the item being made and is fixed.

Archtemplar
11-05-09, 00:23
My experience is that you only gain exp in the 2 main stats from teaming. ie. Monk will only gain int and psi, but his actions may give other exp, like taking damage for con.

And you only gain exp from allies who are +/- 10 combat ranks from you.

Doc Holliday
11-05-09, 12:11
Hi guys,

In the old NC1 days i remember that you can gain XP in skill other than your main skill by teaming up with player of different classes, ex: teaming up with a spy gave you some dex xp while fighting moobs.

Is that one of my dream or it was really like that? And if it's right, is this feature already present in NC2? There's some ranking restriction (ex: if you're too low or too high in rank you'll not gain any XP) or maybe some table with formulas on XP gain this way?

Also, is it normal that if i do recycle to improve DEX on my Monk, every recycle process give me less points that the previous one?

Thanks!

myself on a spy droner and a pe droner were droning in the woc labs the other day. we teamed for a run and then unteamed for the next run. he got more xp for the non teamed run than he did for the team. this was however purely being measured by dex xp gained. this i believe is the exception to the norm. i have also teamed with a non capped pe in the past in the regant boss room who told me he got about 6 psi levels since we had teamed together despite the fact i was a droner so go figure :)

Biglines
11-05-09, 15:01
team xp is totally bugged tbh, in regants it's better not to team unless the other is a ppu, while in other places it works fine. Also the stupid bugs with cr0 make sure teaming sux half the time

CMaster
11-05-09, 20:45
Team XP goes into your two main stats for most classes. For a PE it goes into everything (teaming is a PE's best way to level Psi). Note that it is YOUR class that effects where team XP goes - who you are teamed with doesn't matter.

Teaming requires you to be within 10 combat ranks of each other when both are below 50/XX. Above 50 the gap starts to widen a bit, never been able to quite work it out.