PDA

View Full Version : ETA on PayPal

TaoShaffer
27-04-09, 10:42
I have no way to pay for the game.

When is PayPal going to work again for this game?

--Tao

nabbl
27-04-09, 11:58
neocron is free now.

just log in and have some fun ;-)

Brammers
27-04-09, 13:52
neocron is free now.

just log in and have some fun ;-)

Only if your account is normally paid for by Paypal, Click2Pay users are still having to pay.

CMaster
27-04-09, 18:23
Only if your account is normally paid for by Paypal, Click2Pay users are still having to pay.

Nope. Applies to all existing accounts. C2P users are ABLE to pay if they so desire however.

flib
27-04-09, 19:36
I'm surprised that there's still so much confusion over this, I thought KK cleared this up.

Biglines
27-04-09, 20:28
when does kk ever communicate properly?

flib
27-04-09, 20:34
They made a nice post describing the situation, I don't see what the problem is.

Brammers
27-04-09, 21:55
I'll leave people to read this thread - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143033

And I'll let KK provide the right answer, if anyone wants to argue with that post. :confused:

TaoShaffer
27-04-09, 23:40
That was over half a year ago.

What are they doing? Trying to sue PayPal. How hard is it to provide an online payment scheme that is viable?

I'm a service member stationed in Japan and it's difficult to convince websites that I'm legit. One of the reasons why I rely on Paypal so much.

I really want to come back to this game. But if their inability to fix their billing issues is any indication as to how they do business, then I can't justify shelling out $30 for the game. It shows me that they will soon be unable to support and expand upon their product.

Biglines
28-04-09, 00:18
it's cuz of their former parent company which went insolvent, they were saved by some other company though, and they're even producing a new game (black prophecy), although i agree with u that trust is not something i've come to have in KK

Archtemplar
28-04-09, 00:22
a period of free gaming ties up all loose ends of pre-paid gaming time should they chose/be forced to end the NC service.

Biglines
28-04-09, 11:14
it's more than 6 months ago , plus there are still people with active paying accounts, so not entirely true

Nidhogg
28-04-09, 11:19
The PayPal issue is completely outside of our control because the dispute is between PayPal and the now insolvent 10tacle Studios. It has no bearing on Reakktor, Neocron or Black Prophecy.

N

Biglines
28-04-09, 11:23
Then why not make a new contract with paypal since you say there is no bearing on you? :P

ReefSmoker
28-04-09, 11:52
Then why not make a new contract with paypal since you say there is no bearing on you? :P

My thoughts exactly.

The alternative is almost as simple, go to the bank, request a merchant account number (extremely easy to get one of these even if you have a checkered banking history) then use a service such as Protx to fulfill credit card transactions. It's so simple to implement that it has become a standard project task I give to new employees when checking their abilities.

What is more likely is that Reakktor staff have been told to ignore the situation with Neocron subscription payments. Their logic is probably along the lines of increased popularity by offering free play time for PayPal customers, but they've not taken the 30 minutes required to amend the web site and subscription procurement process to reflect the current 'free' status of gameplay. Confusion arises, and people who might potentially play Neocron are turning away because the current subscription process feels more like making a purchase at a dodgy web site than a legitimate purchase.

Nidhogg
28-04-09, 12:14
We need to determine all of our commercial arrangements for both Neocron and Black Prophecy before entering into contracts with anyone.

I agree that we should have pulled PayPal support from our website before now but attention is focused elsewhere. However, I intend to provide a summary of the current situation (including the views of you guys) along with potential options to senior management in the next day or two so hopefully there will be some change soon. However, as I said above, I don't expect that there will be any appreciable change until we've decided the commercial model for Black Prophecy.

N

Biglines
28-04-09, 15:42
We need to determine all of our commercial arrangements for both Neocron and Black Prophecy before entering into contracts with anyone.

I agree that we should have pulled PayPal support from our website before now but attention is focused elsewhere. However, I intend to provide a summary of the current situation (including the views of you guys) along with potential options to senior management in the next day or two so hopefully there will be some change soon. However, as I said above, I don't expect that there will be any appreciable change until we've decided the commercial model for Black Prophecy.

N
wow, thank you for that

(the wow was not sarcastic but genuinely surprised at a response, see how easy that was, please keep us updated like that)

flib
28-04-09, 15:48
Nidhogg, you're so awesome. :)
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we really appreciate how awesome you are.

Kanedax
28-04-09, 16:02
Niddy....you make my undies sticky.

TaoShaffer
30-04-09, 22:11
In other words it sounds to me that I was right in assuming that Neocron is going to be tanked soon.

I'd like to point out that they advertised black prophecy in two posts on their announcements board. Also their resources seem to be so so tied up in this other game (which frankly doesn't look that exciting, but moving on ;) ) that they are willing forgo new profits for Neocron and concentrate on a new game that they assume will make more money.

Thank you for the responses ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate.

Nidhogg
30-04-09, 23:27
In other words it sounds to me that I was right in assuming that Neocron is going to be tanked soon.
Y'know, I've been hearing that for 6 years now.

N

flib
01-05-09, 02:14
Wow, you certainly seem to know a lot about how Reakktor works, having been a valuable member of this community since 2004.

Drevious
01-05-09, 04:17
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we really appreciate how awesome you are.

:lol:

Doc Holliday
01-05-09, 14:45

I'd like to point out that they advertised black prophecy in two posts on their announcements board. Also their resources seem to be so so tied up in this other game (which frankly doesn't look that exciting, but moving on ;) ) that they are willing forgo new profits for Neocron and concentrate on a new game that they assume will make more money.

Thank you for the responses ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate.

lets face facts. if there is one game thats gonna sort things out, generate revenue and advertise reakktor media as a solid developer then between neocron a 7 year old game with a lot of issues and black prophecy the brand new sparkly shiny development with a new engine etc what would you choose.

Its like goin in to a bar and seeing 2 women. 1 young good lookin 19 year old with long tanned legs and big boobs and the other who is 39 looks like shes been round the block a few times and life hasnt been that kind to her which one would you choose.

if your hell demon you probably choose the 2nd one for an easy lay but everyone else goes for the first im sure :)

L0KI
01-05-09, 15:28
Nidhogg, you're so awesome. :)

I Lol'd

Wow, you certainly seem to know a lot about how Reakktor works, having been a valuable member of this community since 2004.

Dry and direct as ever, flib.
;)

@ Nid:

Thank you for the update. I've noticed a pretty keen and active response to questions over on the BP forum. Maybe lessons HAVE in fact, been learned.

Biglines
02-05-09, 21:35
*cough* pretense for keeping us spouting how we feel about kk community reponse on other boards *cough*

Kozmos
02-05-09, 22:12
What i dont get is the way people used to moan that they 'pay for a beta' now its free they moan that its free and that they cant pay ... just twits are just never happy ....

Anyone that has any relative experience in a business atmosphere will know that as reakktor/Neocron are tied with the insolvent testicle, they cannot enter contract negotiations with another party regarding payments etc untill any ties with the said testicle are cut, or the monetary problems are solved and they can resume trading.

Biglines
02-05-09, 22:56
what i take from nid's post is that it's because they don't know the payment model for BP yet, not that they're insolvent, afaik kk are no longer insolvent, only 10tacle, so paypal is simply not fixed

Biglines
09-05-09, 21:19

N
so, what was the response?