PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues at Uni

Herrad
21-04-09, 18:02
I've been having a hard time trying to connect to NC at uni, kinda bad cause i'm slap bang in the middle of my neocrack craving cycle, so kinde need some help...

I've figured out a way of getting past the server selection screen which was the first hurdle, i.e. it didn't work untill i stuck a few proxy settings in there. however now i'm only getting perma syncs...

The programs i'm using to tunnel around the server screen connection issues are Your Freedom and ProxyCap.

NC works fine at home where i have control over the network but here its shot... i also know its not just me, tubby lives in the same appartment complex and he's struggling too...

Any support would be helpful.

Ta

Hell-demon
21-04-09, 18:05
I had something similar at uni. Your freedom was used by some but over all you probably wanna talk to who ever sorts out the severs. I left my uni because it was crap and what's really shit is hull university has there own gaming server :mad:

What uni you at?

CMaster
21-04-09, 18:11
Remember that NC uses UDP as well as TCP packets.

Wild idea - Hamachi or some similar system through to a network at home which shares a net connection with you? Seems alittle silly and lag prone, but could work.

BaDDaSS
21-04-09, 18:55
Basically it's not going to happen unless you get friendly with the network admin.

On another note, I found Bitcomet to be the most flexible Bittorrent client for getting around Uni firewalls.

Chosen One
21-04-09, 19:25
Basically it's not going to happen unless you get friendly with the network admin.

On another note, I found Bitcomet to be the most flexible Bittorrent client for getting around Uni firewalls.

OT - i like your rig :angel:

very very nice

flib
21-04-09, 19:37
I had issues getting NC working at my college. I found out that I was actually able to get the game itself to connect just fine, I just couldn't get the character selection and server selection to work. Try to tunnel only port 7000 (and set the game's port to something other than that)and see if the game itself will go through the network.

Herrad
21-04-09, 20:30
i've actually had it workin here before, used a similar setup to my your freedom/proxycap approach i'm usin now, interestin approach if a lil' mad scientisty CMaster. I'll try yours in a bit flib, however i'm actually having the reverse issue, can get past server/char selection.

edit: in fact i recall the uni blocks all udp communication... so i doubt the game'll get through at all...

Tubby
22-04-09, 13:03
We managed to get it to work now :)
We're using both YourFreedom and Proxifier, seems to work perfectly. Getting a nice average ping of 40-50. Only issue now is that YourFreedom requires you to restart the connection every hour, and also limits the usage per day/week if using a free account. Anyone have any ideas on replacements for YourFreedom?

Thanks for the help so far guys, getting a steady neocrack fix right now :p

BaDDaSS
22-04-09, 13:43
I thought it was free. But if YourFreedom really is that good, support them and buy a license :) - you probably wouldn't be playing NC without it!

OT - i like your rig :angel:

very very nice

flib
22-04-09, 20:15
i've actually had it workin here before, used a similar setup to my your freedom/proxycap approach i'm usin now, interestin approach if a lil' mad scientisty CMaster. I'll try yours in a bit flib, however i'm actually having the reverse issue, can get past server/char selection.

edit: in fact i recall the uni blocks all udp communication... so i doubt the game'll get through at all...
Oh, well that makes things tough. -_-

We managed to get it to work now :)
We're using both YourFreedom and Proxifier, seems to work perfectly. Getting a nice average ping of 40-50. Only issue now is that YourFreedom requires you to restart the connection every hour, and also limits the usage per day/week if using a free account. Anyone have any ideas on replacements for YourFreedom?

Thanks for the help so far guys, getting a steady neocrack fix right now :p
Oh, nevermind <=O
Do those let you tunnel UDP?

Brammers
22-04-09, 21:51
On the subject, has anyone tried Neocron over a VPN?

Biglines
22-04-09, 22:11
when im on my vpn to my university it works fine, but uni network is pretty internet friendly

Trilaac
22-04-09, 22:27
i had problems with uni network nc access too.. got it sorted in teh end though, most of the techs played wow, so i argued my point and got the port opened (yay).

i've tried playing over a vpn, but it's very slow if you're far away (i tried from work to home) and if you accidently keep the vpn connected on our shitty british connections, the vpn uses ike 90% of the b/w and you can't play without having a ping of like 3000..