PDA

View Full Version : New Black Prophecy game-play trailer released and forums open

SnowCrash
08-04-09, 17:40
The trailer provides a first look at parts of Black Prophecy’s game-play like the user interface, the mission system and the modular ship design.

Check it out now in the media section (http://blackprophecy-game.com/index.php?id=5) of the website!

Also we have just opened the Black Prophecy forums (http://forum.blackprophecy-game.com/index.php) for the community to discuss the game and other topics.

Hell-demon
08-04-09, 17:44
No voice over guy?

You didn't fire him did you?

Edit: criticism: it seems really clustered (the fights) and the colour pallette is like every other games greys and browns.

SnowCrash
08-04-09, 17:44
No voice over guy?

You didn't fire him did you?

Government denies any knowlegde. :p

Hell-demon
08-04-09, 17:47
You can be honest with me. You got Tony the Tiger for the voice over didn't you.

L0KI
08-04-09, 17:48
Interesting... must be getting closer ;)

Huge download!!! I'll edit my post when I have it!

Edit - Wow, nice vid :)

Kanedax
08-04-09, 18:24
Wow, looks good.

CMaster
08-04-09, 18:51
Wow.
Plenty more to say later, but perhaps on the TPN rather than here.

aKe`cj
08-04-09, 19:11
gameplay trailer looks promising...

forum aint too bad either.. but for the love of god: please make the layout fluid :)

/edit:

oh.. and so I dont have to make a second rant post: having the names and userbit on the left hand side is less of a distraction from the threads content / the row of messages. just my 4 cents :angel:

Archtemplar
08-04-09, 21:09
looks good, first person looks hella-useless though.

Hell-demon
08-04-09, 22:17
Holy turds batman you're famous (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/04/08/on-the-menu-black-prophecy-footage/#more-10054)

Chosen One
08-04-09, 22:32
:D joystick mmo?

looks good

flib
09-04-09, 03:16
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I came <_>
Seriously though
Eve--;
BP++;

vices
09-04-09, 06:20
Holy sh*t!

Nytewolf2k7
09-04-09, 09:30
Looks better than I originally thought, nice :D Do finish it ;)

Nvidia
09-04-09, 10:02
It looks outstanding guys! Keep up the great work! If you get any spare spots, I'd love to be on the beta team for this! :)

flib
09-04-09, 10:20
Thank you very much Reakktor; this is what I've been waiting for to get excited about the game. :)

LiL T
09-04-09, 16:48
Srsly looks awesome.

Reaction77
09-04-09, 17:47
It looks very good, I just hope there will be an option to turn off the wingman.

StanBasanovitch
09-04-09, 19:28
Very nice and appealing ! Clear lineage from NC in various good I/F stuff.
Dogfight reminds me a lot of XWings, which was fun, and looks very easy to pilot (no physically realistic simulation we don't care for, apparently).
PvE multiplayer arcade side of BP seem to be promising !

Doc Holliday
09-04-09, 19:52
it looks awesome. not sure if i will play it as im not sure its MY sort of game. i prefer fpses in general but yes. i do see now why there has been no patches for nc. it looks very nice ;)

nobby
09-04-09, 20:39
After watching that...

All I can say...

It looks teh Sex :D

Can't wait to play :)

aKe`cj
09-04-09, 23:57
forum aint too bad either.. but for the love of god: please make the layout fluid :)

/edit:

oh.. and so I dont have to make a second rant post: having the names and userbit on the left hand side is less of a distraction from the threads content / the row of messages. just my 4 cents :angel:

now if you could just fix the post-layout... stylish & greasemonkey cover everything else - much more enjoyable now that I can squeeze and stretch things when I'm bored :angel:

Kalonji Faya
10-04-09, 04:54
amazing :eek:

all I see in that vid make me a potential futur owner
what about the localisation, I mean language and servers ?!

Kal

Hell-demon
10-04-09, 14:33
I noticed a big ship called Snowcrash in the game :rolleyes:

Personally I want to dock with Nidhogg station. I'd dock that thing so hard!

UMFFFF!

Chosen One
10-04-09, 17:54

UMFFFF!

damn that sounds dirty :lol:

Hell-demon
10-04-09, 18:42
That is the idea :rolleyes:

phunqe
10-04-09, 20:02
Lol... don't be surprised if you won't find anyone to team up with in BP Hell-demon :p

nobby
10-04-09, 20:06
To make spirits even higher... ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUe-Ebe8dWU&fmt=18

So who wants to be a Pirate :p

Kanedax
10-04-09, 20:26

UMFFFF!

You can dock in my station any time.

flib
10-04-09, 20:30
To make spirits even higher... ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUe-Ebe8dWU&fmt=18

So who wants to be a Pirate :p
I'll be your butt pirate, does that count?

nobby
10-04-09, 20:32
jesus...

Well as my mum always said...

"Don't Knock it until you've tried it"
:D

Hell-demon
10-04-09, 20:40
I'll get the plank :p

Nidhogg
10-04-09, 21:02
Back on topic, guys.

N

Hell-demon
10-04-09, 21:17
Hello!

Docking commencing....

Anyway, I want to know if there is some sort of piracy in game and penalties for plundering booty. Will you be able to gank people or will an npc come and say "Hey be nice"?

zii
11-04-09, 23:06
Lots of nice carnage in space, but I did not see any dead bodies floating out there.

flib
12-04-09, 05:10
Back on topic, guys.

N
I am though, I'm talking about letting Nobby dock his ship into my station.

Hell-demon
12-04-09, 13:26
You don't need permission from Nobby, he's a little tart.

Will we be able to name our ships? Although if we could that means space will be filled with a lot of Millenium Falcons, Serenity's and Starbugs :rolleyes:

flib
12-04-09, 18:48
What The Hell Is An Aluminum Falcon?

Hell-demon
12-04-09, 19:57
Star Wars?

Millenium Falcon?

No?

Yeah, I hate star wars too. Fuckin' jar jar binks.

Biglines
12-04-09, 20:54
forgot galactica tbh

Hell-demon
12-04-09, 21:43
Yeah. Basically any show watched by virgins.

Biglines
13-04-09, 01:53
carebear the spaceship! :D

Hell-demon
13-04-09, 02:16
Genius!

nobby
13-04-09, 02:16
11. Is there any kind of customization in Black Prophecy?
Black Prophecy will allow you to fully customize your pilot avatar and ship. It’s up to you what colour you choose for your ship and which ship modules and weapons you decide to use. The vast amount of available modules and ways of assembling them gives you countless possible combinations to personally define the shape and look of your ship.

:p

Maybe we could actually have true definition of shape we want our ship.

I bet we'll see countless Phalluses roaming the stars...

Hell-demon
13-04-09, 02:33
Pink penetrators, boobie bombers and vagina vessels are not possible me thinks. I doubt we can customize them that much.

Selket
13-04-09, 10:28
The asteroids look fucking awesome.

The spacebattles are ok, but beam weapons or like Battlestar galactica machine guns would look better then the "googun"

There doesnt come a feeling of space over me. Just like a Submarine game. where the ship is really slow.

I mean spaceships are FAST!!!!

They should move way faster then this, it should come the feeling up that u fly with 40000km/h through space. Right now it feels like inner city speed (30 km/h)

But besides that BP has potencial

Biglines
13-04-09, 12:52
realistically, spacebattles would be one of the slowests kinds of warfare possible

Hell-demon
13-04-09, 13:46
And you wouldn't hear laser fire or explosions.

Nidhogg
13-04-09, 14:50
realistically, spacebattles would be one of the slowests kinds of warfare possible
Have you read the Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F Hamilton? That opens with an epic space battle and at the end you're informed that the whole thing lasted less than a second. :)

Who knows how long a space battle would last?!

N

Hell-demon
13-04-09, 15:18
Certainly not a sci-fi writer. Lets ask Hawkins!

I keep calling him but I always get his answering machine :wtf:

Skusty
13-04-09, 16:20
Looks awesome! :D

flib
13-04-09, 17:59
Who cares? It's an arcade space combat shooter, not a boring ass space simulator.
Also, there are a variety of different types of guns. Just look through the fansite kit, a couple neat things in there.

Hell-demon
13-04-09, 18:56
I like the bit where the ship went boom.

kane
16-04-09, 03:15
I watched this movie so much I had to check Google to make sure I don't run out of sperm.

Ground_Round
30-04-09, 07:14
Nice work !!!!

Very visually pretty and the action looks intense.

Have not been playing any video games for many months, looking forward to this one.

Ground_Round
30-04-09, 08:57
at the end you're informed that the whole thing lasted less than a second.

That would only occur when the battle takes place at superluminal velocities
where normal spacetime is compressed for the crews of the ships.

The observer would see a battle that lasted less than a second but it may have
taken the crews of the ship hours, days, even weeks, to fight it out in their
subjective time frame.

I think what BigLines meant is a space battle that involves great distances,
Newtonian action/reaction physics, and non relativistic velocities, which would
take a huge amount of time... But I could be wrong. :D

On Topic: BP is looking very, very, nice.

Please take KK/Reactor by the hand to a location where you can teach them
the meanings of the advertising concept and promotion of product so that BP
gets the chance at success that was never afforded to our beloved NC.

Nidhogg
30-04-09, 10:11
That would only occur when the battle takes place at superluminal velocities where normal spacetime is compressed for the crews of the ships.
The whole engagement was fought by AI's rather than human crews. It's a good read. :)

N

Hell-demon
30-04-09, 10:14
Has it got boobs and explosions in it?

If not then I aint interested. Unless the book has pictures.

Does it have pictures?

Nidhogg
30-04-09, 10:53
Does it have pictures?
It's got a picture on the front...

N

Hell-demon
30-04-09, 11:52
Does it have that Waldo guy on it?

Ground_Round
30-04-09, 12:54
The whole engagement was fought by AI's rather than human crews. It's a good read. :)

N

Looks in my bloated e-library...

LOL, I have 13 books by Mr. Hamilton (including the trilogy you mentioned).

I have not, as yet, made time to read any of his material but I will bump him
up my list because any SF book with at least one space battle gets precedence.

Doc Holliday
30-04-09, 15:54
Have you read the Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F Hamilton? That opens with an epic space battle and at the end you're informed that the whole thing lasted less than a second. :)

Who knows how long a space battle would last?!

N

its awesome. the series really is amazing. however if your more inclined to space battles i would highly recommend Pandora's Star and its sequel Judas Unchained. they are absolutely amazing.

on topic. BP. how long? i dont think i have seen a community this anxious for its release since the early rumblings of the DOY expansion.

lots of discussion etc on our clan forums at the moment as we are all preparing to put Syndicate out there on the map come beta :)

Marmite.Lover
30-04-09, 16:33
Why can neocron 2 not be like that anyone know because i just played today and its ok but that is better you need to make Neocron 2 like that.

flib
30-04-09, 18:31
In the future, please try to punctuate your sentences so that people can understand you and don't not take you seriously.

Chosen One
30-04-09, 21:58
Why can neocron 2 not be like that anyone know because i just played today and its ok but that is better you need to make Neocron 2 like that.

this is one of the greatest posts in history! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apocalypsox
02-05-09, 05:11
Gentlemen, I am two and a half minutes into this, and I absolutely have to say something.

After playing neocron loyally for five years, Honestly, this is what I fucking expect from Reakktor. This is what I fucking expect. Well fucking done, folks.

Also, Your friendly cuddly bunny weapons dealer, Snowcrash :angel:

Biglines
02-05-09, 21:36
beta started then?

Ground_Round
06-05-09, 18:15

N

I've finished the first part of the trilogy.

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed that the plot seems to be focusing
on the Abrahamic religions but it is certainly interesting enough to see it to
it's conclusion.

Thanks for the tip.

Monkeyballz
07-05-09, 04:15
Bp looked like it be very cool game when its done i can't wait see what the game will be like... :angel:

I also wanted say pls... don't give up on NC.When NC come out it was and still is one best PvP games out.If you would think about go back old style of play in NC you have more people come back to NC.

When NC first come out the ops Grs was open for ever one.And when people pvped they lost iteams at the ops.NC is cyber punk world and should go back this style play.And make so LE players can start a clan..You need make LE clans so the people who want RP can and have other runners to play with them.Also make turrents in game worth useing again at ops.

One problems in NC is the income in game TL150 x 100 bps =1,000,000 nc..
So makes Nc money pretty useless..And Make MC5 and Ceres labs so the mobs can see steah players so that droners cant just zone in and drone it seen u have LE guilds make so these RP witch more likely be farmers for parts have work for it as a team like pvpers do at ops.

I belive If u go back old style NC you bring alot players back.This want take alot work to patch so game goes back way use be when 1st come out.Also do way with lom pills...It is exploit also would u say when u can take spy drone to caped lvl then lom out to some other skill?It should be so people have stay with there skill they start it make so people have start over if they dont pay watch what they do at start.I belive people live with bugs and synth problems but dont allow people hack if can help after go back old style play.

People who hack in game is pretty bad cause its a game.But ever game have it at times.I say baned the people and be done with it I here theres a aim bot come on thats uncalled for when game is based on people learnign how aim and caping a weapon for pvp.But i guess if they need do it then band them from game cause with going back old style play and allowing LE runnersyou want need them.TL150 missions need only pay 15k not 30k look at that.

Sorry if i upset any one but i hate see NC die out when could be so easy to fix. Ever one have great time playing.. :cool:

Hell-demon
07-05-09, 06:15
[ edited ]

flib
07-05-09, 07:28
[ edited ]

Kanedax
07-05-09, 15:53
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
07-05-09, 16:19
Less of the spam, guys.

N

Hell-demon
07-05-09, 17:18
When's the beta for this Eve clone?

*runs*

:p

Biglines
07-05-09, 20:51
I read somewhere that KK is ready for beta, but their publisher is holding out or something

Apocalypsox
08-05-09, 02:06
I think thats the gist, they are waiting for confirmation from a publisher to put the beta out.

flib
08-05-09, 02:50
That's pretty much what I understood.

Ground_Round
14-05-09, 11:21
RE: Nights Dawn, Peter F. Hamilton.

its awesome. the series really is amazing.

Ack, ack, ack...

One of you could have warned me after all that build up it would end with a
horribly anticlimactic Deus Ex Machina. :lol: :lol:

Doc Holliday
14-05-09, 21:46
RE: Nights Dawn, Peter F. Hamilton.

Ack, ack, ack...

One of you could have warned me after all that build up it would end with a
horribly anticlimactic Deus Ex Machina. :lol: :lol:

i enjoyed the ending. neutron alchemist was an excellent book. probably my favourite. you should try reading pandoras star and judas unchained :) they are good books and are alot more intense in the end than the nights dawn trilogy was mate :)

flib
15-05-09, 04:55
I HATE books that end with Deus Ex Machinas :mad:
I don't read a lot of books, and the last thing I want is an unrealistic, easy fix to all the problems that I spent DAYS reading, building up.

phunqe
25-05-09, 15:58
I thought of having a few planets where you could land on and have a NC like setup on them.

Imagine being able to mix the space element with NC in a good way...
Not saying it should be the actual NC, but cool environments where you can PvP and PvE.

My pants are wet.

Since a NC3 or the like was hinted (even if very vaguely), if BP falls out well I would certainly not mind a combination :p

Ground_Round
28-05-09, 07:52
I thought of having a few planets where you could land on and have a NC like setup on them.

Imagine being able to mix the space element with NC in a good way...
Not saying it should be the actual NC, but cool environments where you can PvP and PvE.

My pants are wet.

Since a NC3 or the like was hinted (even if very vaguely), if BP falls out well I would certainly not mind a combination :p

There was a game in development a few years ago and it included space
combat/travel and the ability to land on planets, hunt mobs and PvP on
foot, get a mech of some kind on planets, etc, etc...

It had an entire universe of about 7000 systems to explore.

I can't remember the name, I guess it died on the vine like so many other
games. (If anyone knows what game that is I would like to know so I can try
and find the gameplay video they produced to add to my collection)

It would be very cool to take BP and make it a continuation of the Neocron
storyline, say a couple hundred years down the road from where NC2 is now,
and combine the two so that you could have both space and ground
gameplay.

"NeoProphecy". :D

zii
28-05-09, 23:15
There was a game in development a few years ago and it included space
combat/travel and the ability to land on planets, hunt mobs and PvP on
foot, get a mech of some kind on planets, etc, etc...

Sounds like the cross between Elite and Quake that I have awaited since 1984... I dreamt of a game like this back then, and even more so when Doom first came out as a beta. I can still wait.