PDA

View Full Version : Just what is an exploit

Dremel
31-03-09, 07:08
I have seen over the years many things put in the game to stop what is deemed exploits. This seems to be things the GM's dont want people doing but the idea of it being an exploit is splitting hairs.

First off most of the deemed illegal exploits come down on droners. I have been told by a gm that the only legal way to drone in MC5 is with kami drones, since no drone can take the damag in there. This to me seems to be where the hair splitting starts.

If indeed you define an exploit as shooting a mob that cant return fire then we need to add rifle user outranging warbots to this list. We all know the warbots combat code doesnt know the range of its weps. It will stand there and continue to fire thinking its in range and just take the damage and die. You can just stand out in the open and fire away and not take damage. The warbot will not close range as it thinks that the shots are hitting. Like it or know its no different then MC5 droners clipping the wall to avoid fire.

Take Fire mobs that will stand there and shoot the ground while you fire over it. The fire mob for the most case will not walk over the small hill you are shooting it over you avoid getting shot and thus take no damage and the fire mob dies. Just as before its an exploit of poor game design and no different then the MC5 droners.

I recently went into the black dragon HQ in pp3 and oh my hell all the fences and walls the GM's put up have destroyed the look of the place. All to stop droners from leveling off the mobs in there. I see the same little walls all over the place through out the NC world and all because we want to stop droners from clipping. Its just silly to be honest. If you dont want people to level off NPC Guards in HQ's then dont give them exp for it. Dont punish the player for a dumass mistake in game design. Fix the problem the right way.

The point here is it is beyond me why there is such a hatred of droners when they are the most usefull class in the game. We do nothing about the rifle spies clipping and ranging mobs. We do nothing about the APU's clipping with halo spells. We do nothing about tanks clipping to level off fire mobs. But let a droner clip to gather some parts and ohh my hell its an exploit and must be stopped.

This is just one of the many parts of the game that have just bugged the crap out of me since I have returned. I also want all the other classes to have to drop thier wep on the ground for anyone to pick up to have to reload it. That is just some silly shit there.

I came back to Neocron mostly to see what KK had done with it. I saw the news about the new game and well to be honest after what i have seen, there is about no chance in hell I am getting involved with KK for another game. The absolute backwards methods to solving problems, of blaming and punishing players for game developers mistakes is ... I dont have a polite way to express how screwed up that is.

Nidhogg
31-03-09, 10:25
I appreciate the time you've taken to write your post but, I'm sorry, discussion of exploits is not permitted on the Neocron forums.

N