PDA

View Full Version : Extended server downtime

SnowCrash
26-03-09, 09:47
We have just received notice that our data center provider is going to make several adjustments to their hardware infrastructure which will result in an extended downtime of the Neocron 2 servers. Due to an internal communication issue at our data center provider, we have not been informed about this action early enough.

The servers will be therefore taken down at 10:30 AM CET. We expect them to be back online on Friday morning latest.

We apologise for this inconvenience and ask you for your understanding.

UPDATE: According to the latest information from our provider, the adjustments to the hardware infrastructure are still under way. We keep you posted about the process.

UPDATE #2: We have just been informed that the adjustments to the data center infrastructure are taking longer than expected. Our provider was not able to give us an exact ETA but expects to have the servers available again at around Saturday noon. Unfortunately our hands are tied concerning this matter and we can only forward the information to you as we receive them.

Biglines
26-03-09, 11:25
like the last "communication problems at your data center", which was I think even one where you moved away from... damn you guys know how to pick shoddy data centers

Jaffo
26-03-09, 11:46
. We expect them to be back online on Friday morning latest.

better not be lying!

Trilaac
26-03-09, 13:13
dammit, my only escape while i'm at work and the servers are down today...
and to think i'm giving up expensive paid for gaming to come back to neocron... damn it's fun.

Kanedax
26-03-09, 16:01
So....if we get like another week of down time do we get comped again?

Jaffo
26-03-09, 16:05
nope. lol.

i fear the servers will not come back lol.

L0KI
26-03-09, 17:14
I could provide you with servers to host Neocron on. Or BP for that matter.

I'm sure they wouldn't cost you as much as your current provider, and we have a guaranteed uptime of 99.9% with our data centre.

Let me know if you're interested ;)

PS - This is not advertising; I'm just offering my help to prevent situations like this from happening.

Brammers
26-03-09, 17:23
Hmm hardware infrastructure changes - one can only hope this is for the BP beta test! :p

OT: Loki - Could you PM me details about your datacenter, I know someone who may be interested.

CMaster
26-03-09, 17:34
I could provide you with servers to host Neocron on. Or BP for that matter.

I'm sure they wouldn't cost you as much as your current provider, and we have a guaranteed uptime of 99.9% with our data centre.

Let me know if you're interested ;)

PS - This is not advertising; I'm just offering my help to prevent situations like this from happening.

I think NC is rather tied to the hardware it's on - it's not like you could just host it on the same boxes you run CS servers on Loki. That said, if you run a datacentre...

Brammers
26-03-09, 18:04
I think NC is rather tied to the hardware it's on - it's not like you could just host it on the same boxes you run CS servers on Loki. That said, if you run a datacentre...

Old P4 Class CPU's IIRC. However I did wonder about the server migration last year, in that KK could have moved the NC cluster onto a virtual server farm. Hardware power, costs and virtualisation technology has moved on a lot in the last 5 years to a point I reckon you could run 8 NC zones on one virtual server. (Maybe more, maybe less) However considering Mercury has been down for ages now, I think KK are still using the original hardware for NC.

Kalonji Faya
26-03-09, 18:23
you're right Brammers : Mercury has been down for ages now...

and now all servers are down 8|

I hope we won't have bad news in the next weeks coz I really fear it might be the end of NC2

or maybe it's the beginning of BP beta, the merge of all ncs servers and a new patch :D :D :D

(lemme dream dudes)

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
26-03-09, 18:26
anyway, I have more time to work on the new l33t HUD SilentEye begun :)

Kal

Dannyleadbeater
26-03-09, 18:44
I hope we get compensation because we are missing our time.

Gau
26-03-09, 18:57
the game is free atm an yu want comp for down time :S

okayyyyyyyy

L0KI
26-03-09, 19:00

We don't run a datacentre, but we have unlimited access to BlueSquare, and currently own in the region of 12 x 8 core machines. Only a fraction of them are in use.

I guarantee that our hardware would outperform the current systems.

It wouldn't be a shared server, but as many as 10 dedicated 8-cores could be dedicated to the project.

Dannyleadbeater
26-03-09, 19:01
We should because we are loyal to them if it wsnt for us they wouldnt have a job so i think we should i have been playing for 4 years so i think it is right to.

Biglines
26-03-09, 19:09
We should because we are loyal to them if it wsnt for us they wouldnt have a job so i think we should i have been playing for 4 years so i think it is right to.

i would say check the terms you agreed to, they are allowed downtime for this kind of thing, certainly if it's announced... but don't think you would

Brammers
26-03-09, 19:19
We don't run a datacentre, but we have unlimited access to BlueSquare, and currently own in the region of 12 x 8 core machines. Only a fraction of them are in use.

LOL, it seems everyone I know in the UK who has a server is in BlueSquare. The THN server is currently living there.

Garfield
26-03-09, 19:50
the game is free atm an yu want comp for down time :S

okayyyyyyyy

few are still paying so am i

anyway hopefully this inst the death of NC
maybe when the servers are back up the TT faction president log on aswell (hints at GM Watson ) and visit my office :cool:

keeiL
26-03-09, 20:25
cant wait for fatal errorz :(

extract
26-03-09, 21:33
perfect timing in fact work cancelled today and my wife was worried I wouldnt get nothing done around the house and just be lazy all day and crack out on the pc and I probably would've if the servers were working haha thanks KK for making it possible to do some chores

danmalone
26-03-09, 21:49
I hope we get compensation because we are missing our time.

Some ppl need to learn to go outside :p

Notorious Fish
26-03-09, 23:26
perfect timing in fact work cancelled today and my wife was worried I wouldnt get nothing done around the house and just be lazy all day and crack out on the pc and I probably would've if the servers were working haha thanks KK for making it possible to do some chores

haha i hear you man. Im on vacation for the next 5 days. and what happens the first day of my vacay. NC goes down

msressi
27-03-09, 01:05
hmm still down !! I wonder what Friday am means? which time line and if german time is that 1 am 3 am 6 am 9 am or whatever :angel:

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 01:27
I hate it when it goes down i have nothing to do and now i downloaded eve online and it is weird.

Genji
27-03-09, 03:17
Go fishing, it's a good waste of time is to master the art of baiting.

Hitman Mal
27-03-09, 03:43
I returned to neocron........ i played forever, over 5 years of experience, and enjoyment and then i quit and i return to the love of the game and im so addicted now, i can't wait to play i hope it returns ASAP... i know friday morning, still dont know what time, more then likely i will be at work o well...

soon as i get home its game time!

i just wanna thank you Reakktor for all the fun, and great times.... and so many more to come... you always make my day amazing playing this game. If i were in germany id shake hands and give you money haha.... sometime i shall visit germany =) i hope!

Notorious Fish
27-03-09, 03:51
I returned to neocron........ i played forever, over 5 years of experience, and enjoyment and then i quit and i return to the love of the game and im so addicted now, i can't wait to play i hope it returns ASAP... i know friday morning, still dont know what time, more then likely i will be at work o well...

soon as i get home its game time!

i just wanna thank you Reakktor for all the fun, and great times.... and so many more to come... you always make my day amazing playing this game. If i were in germany id shake hands and give you money haha.... sometime i shall visit germany =) i hope!

/agree

Kanedax
27-03-09, 05:25
I played Warhammer online for 2 freakin hours tonight. You guys are killin me.

Reaction77
27-03-09, 07:54

oh dear, you know things are bad when kane is playing some fantasy BS.

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 07:55
Yeah dam right it is so funny to hear him say stuff like that he gonna expload

Kalonji Faya
27-03-09, 11:33

dude don't be so depressive :p

Kal

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 11:35
Right it is friday morning and it is not up wtf

SnowCrash
27-03-09, 11:39
The initial posting has been updated. That's all I have for you at the moment.

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 11:42
It should be done in like a hour and a half if it is to be done in the morning as you said it would which i hope you are right

Jaffo
27-03-09, 11:49
[ Edited ]

Trilaac
27-03-09, 11:49
gah, still not up, another day at work with no NC... why is a hardware change taking 24hours?

There is an age old saying that the Germans are efficience, very efficient, but this is ridiculous! :(

PLease please get it up again, I don't wanna be stuck bored at work like yesterday, I had to watch 4 hours of movies while coding, i would've preffered an hour or two of neocrack...

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 11:50
[ Edited ]

Jaffo
27-03-09, 11:51
[ Edited ]

Seraphin[69]
27-03-09, 12:05
Things have to move in a datacenter.

Sad thing is they can't even re-route the servers !
Hopefully when the server went down I began testing Fallen Earth ;)

Trilaac
27-03-09, 12:28
Hi, my name is Trilaac, I'm a recovering gamer-holic and it's now been officialy 24hours since I last had a taste of neocron.

Kalonji Faya
27-03-09, 12:42
Hi trilaac ! :p

damn still no neocrack ? my hands are shakin'
mmmmh kinda normal : it's near midday and still no beer :lol:

kal

Biglines
27-03-09, 13:11
[Edited]

nah, he (dannyleadbeater - president doe - another) used 3 forum accounts so only 2 got banned for multi-ing, or at least president did...

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 13:12
[ Edited ]

Dannyleadbeater
27-03-09, 13:15
Omg they are not running on time what happened to friday morning cet it is afternoon cet [ Edited ]

Jaffo
27-03-09, 13:17
[ Edited ]

Gau
27-03-09, 13:27
Normaly i CBA with flaming wars but this has to be said at some point an as i realy dun give a flyin fuck what ppl think i supose i will say it

1. it is a game grow up
2. work has to be done so that we can play, Chill out
3. it is not in KK's hands to prevent delays, Grow up

so i think what i am realy sayin is dont turn this thred in to a flaming war i like to see the updates when they come

Biglines
27-03-09, 13:30
Normaly i CBA with flaming wars but this has to be said at some point an as i realy dun give a flyin fuck what ppl think i supose i will say it

1. it is a game grow up
2. work has to be done so that we can play, Chill out
3. it is not in KK's hands to prevent delays, Grow up

so i think what i am realy sayin is dont turn this thred in to a flaming war i like to see the updates when they come

apologies

Hitman Mal
27-03-09, 14:45
Agree'd.

I find that we shouldn't bicker over the fact that neocron is not up. We should be thankful that KK (Ie. Reakktor) has made this game possible. If it was not for them, we wouldn't have neocrack.

Lets thank them, because without this game what would you have???
world of warcraft online ? ROFL ROFL ROFL id brather eat glue all day long.

Lets appricate what they have done, give them a damn break, they are doing what they can and untill its up...... shut up =)

Sammson
27-03-09, 15:19
Well I'm building content for Trainz 2009 with Blender, not near the "coffee and smoke" enjoyment of NC2, but it is satisfying to see your creation trackside. (God I must be getting old, Trainz? lol)

SnowCrash
27-03-09, 15:38
The initial post has been updated again. I regret that I don't have positive news for you, yet. However we are still putting pressure on our provider to speed up the process.

Ghostface_Speak
27-03-09, 15:46
Go on,evil bunneh,as long as we see you still care its okay;)

Kanedax
27-03-09, 15:59
Snowcrash....not trying to be a prick here but.....is there even a decent hosting site in Germany? I mean damn it seems you guys can NEVER find one that does things within your time frame.

keeiL
27-03-09, 16:09
power levelin new hamsters to the server hall. these things takes time :D

Chosen One
27-03-09, 16:28
so your telling me there is a change of a patch?... :angel:

Mortum
27-03-09, 16:35
I strongly doubt that :\

keeiL
27-03-09, 16:40
reroll back to the patch when the fights where at pp1 would be nice. 167 ?

Kanedax
27-03-09, 16:49
Too bad people are too much big of pussies to fight in PP1 now as its SLIGHTLY harder to zonewhore there than P2.

Trilaac
27-03-09, 17:03
lol, i got serious withdrawal.. i've actually coded most of my project at work now :P

Dont Mess
27-03-09, 17:04
power levelin new hamsters to the server hall. these things takes time :D

KK should take them to BD HQ for some AFK leveling :p

And id LOVE to pvp in pp1, that way you get no duel logged ppus in a safe zone, i guess that will end the game for macmasters LOL

L0KI
27-03-09, 17:15
so your telling me there is a change of a patch?... :angel:

Wow, that'd be nice. I mean, if someone was to dedicate a whole day of their time to finalising an NC patch? Then actually installing on the server? I know it's a big ask, but wow... we can hope.

(I realise I'm quite the pessimist; and that I complain more than the average person)

keeiL
27-03-09, 17:17
bad idea to put up fences... at least they should have skipped the server hall.. bad move.

Kanedax
27-03-09, 17:37
KK should take them to BD HQ for some AFK leveling :p

And id LOVE to pvp in pp1, that way you get no duel logged ppus in a safe zone, i guess that will end the game for macmasters LOL

Nah he'll just stick one in the club.

CritiNator
27-03-09, 18:03
is neocron still down :(

Dont Mess
27-03-09, 18:06
Nah he'll just stick one in the club.

true ! fucks sake, i say remove safezones, copbots, soulight, make this game RAW

L0KI
27-03-09, 18:10
true ! fucks sake, i say remove safezones, copbots, soulight, make this game RAW

I actually agree with PART of that.

I say, remove ALL safezones; but leave copbots and soullight. People would be forced to fight in the middle of sectors, away from copbots. Copbots would be doing their job, rather than having an invisible force which doesn't allow us to draw our weapons.

Trading areas/pokers would need to hire protection, meaning potential employment for CM, or their faction.

Trilaac
27-03-09, 18:12
yep, it's still down :(

i think they should release the source for NC1 servers so you can have your own private NC1 server so you can still get your fix :P

I can dream can't I?

Gau
27-03-09, 18:13
Uggg god no

i would hate that as i am not into the whole PVP thing atm i just want to play an enjoy my time in the game i still want some safe zones :)

maybe just the plaza zones as they are like the citys inner sanctum

Transformer
27-03-09, 20:28
HQ's.

gstyle40
28-03-09, 00:33
yep, it's still down :(

i think they should release the source for NC1 servers so you can have your own private NC1 server so you can still get your fix :P

I can dream can't I?

well, i still have the nc1 tutorial on my other pc :D so i can get some ole school nc fix whenever i want :angel:

Trilaac
28-03-09, 01:46
yeah, i got the offline version somewhere too.. i also got on disk the beta test versions and one of the later versions of nc1... totally worthless now, but i kept them for nostalgia reasons.

well, it's the weekend now, hope the servers are back up as I'd like to do soemthing worthwhile this weekend other than repair my parents computer (again)...

vices
28-03-09, 10:09
wtb NC :(

CritiNator
28-03-09, 11:13
does any one know what they are repairing in neocron. :confused:

Trilaac
28-03-09, 12:03
I believe they are making some hardware changes to the servers at the data centre. However, it would also appear (although I can't be certain) that they are changing the machines by sector, instead of by priority. So, for example, a server which is used a lot should, technically, be changed first so it is back up within a day.

Hopefully it'll be back up today.. in 30 mins it will have been down for 48 hours..

Mortum
28-03-09, 13:15
I somehow get the feeling it wont get up during the weekend...

Oh well, of to play some System Shock 2, I manage to get it work on Vist 64 bit :)

Trilaac
28-03-09, 13:20
lolm danb... i'm at my parents house re-installing windows on their machine.. some people just can't be trusted not to infect their machines, eh?

now i'm gonna have to clean my house when i get home instead of playing nc :(
spose i could reactivate my wow account for a week.. or i could take a chainsaw to my balls....

VegaH
28-03-09, 13:37

Thing is people will always be looking for a safe zone no matter what...so if you remove safezones, the fights will get to the appartment entrances places so people can zone in their appy if needed...

The only way to get people to fight away from zonelines is to remove dropbelt areas, because that's the reason why people do not go away from zonelines...they don't wanna lose their precious stuff.

Trilaac
28-03-09, 13:47
so why don't they leave their LE in? probably for several reasons... 1- they want the space for another chip, 2- they want to get a bit of an adrenaline rush when someone attacks them (and/or they enjoy hunting other people), 3- their character is an NC1 character adn they took the LE out and can't put it back in (equally, they took it out, levelled and now can't pt it back in).

VegaH
28-03-09, 13:58
Why woud they keep their LE in? People wants to fight, they just dont wanna lose their stuff, which is why they stick to zonelines close to safezones

Dont Mess
28-03-09, 14:45
[ edited - obviously some of us do work weekends ]

CritiNator
28-03-09, 14:58
oo shit :(

Gau
28-03-09, 14:59
lol mess you never know :) it maybe lets wait and see

Dont Mess
28-03-09, 15:16
ROFL, nice 1 nidhogg

Holy Black
28-03-09, 15:56
launche ris running now !!!

Trilaac
28-03-09, 16:25
yay! servers are back, but i'm still unable to play as i'm not near a neocron able computer.... just another hour of repairs and i can go home and play!

SnowCrash
28-03-09, 16:29
The servers are back online. Thanks for your patience! Have fun!