PDA

View Full Version : Tank levelling

jonnyboy21
15-03-09, 02:27
What are some good places for mid-high level tanks? Atm i'm rank 34, str 71 with imps and using MB to lvl which is good but I plan to move to Regent's next starting with the main area, what rank/str will I be able to do this without dieing all the time and what high-tech cannon would be good for the main area of regent's doing good dmg? Atm I'm using the tl69 ryker laser cannon.

Thanks

Transformer
15-03-09, 04:34
Go now, you'll be fine, just keep your distance from mobs.

Dribble Joy
15-03-09, 07:08
Regant mobs are highly resistant to fire and force. This makes xray modded energy weapons the best thing to take down there. Raygun cannons are best for the boss room.

zii
15-03-09, 12:00
At rank 34 you are unlikely to last long in the boss room even if you make it that far through Regents. Of course, you can solo it, but you have to spec good resist into FIRE, and wear fire PA (not the Camo one but the low level overalls) for the boss room. Also, Wear some Duranium underneath incase you AOE yourself ;) Otherwise, buy some Fire drugs from Crest Village and use those in the boss room.

Spec Piercing and Force as well as if the mobs will hit you with one of those (cannot remember which one).

Optional: Take someone else with you to take the aggro if you can and take Stamina booster for the boss room because you will be running and firing at the same time.

Keep moving and AOEing from afar because many of those will one-shot-kill you! (Spec reasonable ATH / AGL or use some 600second drugs: AGL = Redflash (from Black Dragon FSM), and you can buy some of the ATH (x-forte suffix) from the usual drug venders in Medicare.

As mentioned afore: Xray and (or) Energy weapons only. Probably best to use Energy because you won't have many CON points to spare. This way the Duranium armour can save you as its Energy only.

jonnyboy21
15-03-09, 12:21
Thanks zii, but id like to start with the main area cos as you said id die alot so what do you suggest? Also would an aoe high tech cannon be good for this just because of the good dmg?

Thanks

Powerpunsh
15-03-09, 14:02
Go El Farid and kill the mobs with a nadelauncher. Place you charakter behind the wall and should over it. Thats the fastest way i know. After you've reached Str 114 with imps etc. go to regant boss room with a Doombeamer and make your WoC + Concap. :)

jonnyboy21
15-03-09, 14:50
Won't the grenades just bounce back off the wall and hit me? :confused:

Doc Holliday
15-03-09, 14:56
i like powerpunshs idea but honestly johnny i would go with regant. if you can get a nice laser or plasma wave use that till you level up then get some aoe and go in the boss room. it will still make you level up quick with direct fire weapons. it wont be as quick but there is no point going in the boss room till your ready.

jonnyboy21
15-03-09, 15:09
Ok, I have a decent Plasma Cannon already but can I use a fusion cannon I picked up for the main room of Regent's even though it's aoe?

Dribble Joy
15-03-09, 16:16
Soloing the boss room at your level will be quite hard. You need to kill the boss first and quickly before his fire stacks kill you and while dodging the mobs.
Once he's down though you can circle around using AoE on the other mobs.

Raygun, rockets and fusion cannons don't bounce, the explode on impact btw.

I'd personally level up with a direct energy weapon (plasma wave and laser are best) untill you have a good raygun cannon and some better fire resist.

zii
15-03-09, 22:20
Regents boss room for a tank with str 71

ARMOUR:
Underwear: Glasfibre Suit
Use for shoes and trousers: Duranium (stop you for aoeing yourself as I did). If you think you won't, then use Holy Inquisition
Use for rest of body: Holy Inquisition

RESISTS:
LOM some resists into Fire in CON if you can.
Buy some Fire Resist potions (+30 Fire from the smugglers mentioned earlier)

DRUGS:
Redflash (+AGL and +T-C)
Paratemol X-Forte (+HLT and +ATH)

GUNS:
Ryker Lasercannon STR:69 H‑C:99 T‑C:68 mod with energy (then Duranium armour will protect you)
This laser is to kill the Regents Nightmare thing. Kill it quick as DJ said. It will burn you. The laser cannon ought to target easierly than a plasma cannon, but both will work well.

Fusion Cannon STR:75 H‑C:102 T‑C:71 (if you can make the str to 75) otherwise:
Unlabeled Atomsmelt Cannon STR:58 H‑C:90 T‑C:61
mod with energy (then Duranium armour will protect you)
These cannons are for AOEing the mobs.

While running around the room continue to eat:
Stamina boosters
Medi packs/ Survial packs
Avoid the other mobs that are chasing you. Some are rather fast...

Remember to take enough drugs with you.

Trick:
Once you have cleared the room, do not zone out.
Instead, replenish your ammo from the ammo that hopefully some kind soul has left in the boxes at the back of the room, and if you can leave some junk from the mobs in the boxes for someone else to recycle later.
Then, stand behind the boxes, and if positioned correctly, log out!
Await a few mins and log back in: The zone will have reset, but you avoid the chance that you might have zoned in and fateled, and then be dead.
This method will not help you in any other way, other than giving your char a chance that s/he can get in witout a RuneTimeFatel error or client crashing hang causing a unscheduled trip back to Medicare in P1.

jonnyboy21
15-03-09, 23:33
That should be stickied :D. Atm I'm doing the main area, I'm up to str 83 (with imps) and using a plasma wave (tl81). Will move on to boss room soon but will have to change my armor round to support the fire dmg I'll take from the nightmare.

Doc Holliday
18-03-09, 17:06
That should be stickied :D. Atm I'm doing the main area, I'm up to str 83 (with imps) and using a plasma wave (tl81). Will move on to boss room soon but will have to change my armor round to support the fire dmg I'll take from the nightmare.

you should give it a go now mate.your ready.