PDA

View Full Version : [ot] glok threads

Biglines
18-02-09, 16:22
just wondering why glok threads keep getting closed? personally I think they're a hell of a lot more interesting to discuss than the latest "hiya i've returned, what has happened" or the "let's discuss the hell out of making neocron better while we know it will never happen"...

they're correctly named "[ot]" for off topic, they're not racist or insulting, they're not even spam, they just make sense to specific group of people (mostly just glok, but so what?

just wondering why his threads keep getting closed for being "glok threads", and whether this means we have to stick to a pre-described list of topics in community talk?

Neallys
18-02-09, 16:27
He's trying to make a revolution!

Nice job now your threads are closed as well.

rob444
18-02-09, 16:37
How is [OT] Reductionist Magical Expansion (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=143433) more interesting than returning threads? :p

braydagner
18-02-09, 16:56
Because his threads have nothing to do with Neocron.

Biglines thread, Closed.

Jaffo
18-02-09, 17:00
how many posts before this one gets closed!

go one biglines rage against the machine!
up the revlolution
vive le france

ps, can anyone who falls into the 'specific' persons criteria who understand wtf glok is banging on about comment here.

Habrok
18-02-09, 17:27
If you have any queries regarding the moderation of the Neocron forums please contact the moderating team through Private Message or Email, or you may raise it directly to helpdesk@neocron.com.

The reason given for the closure of those threads is Spam, under forum rules:

Spamming, Trolling, Power posting & Advertising are not permitted ... Spamming also consists of pointless topics

Closing this thread because discussion of Forum Moderation is against forum rules. The other Moderators are free to comment further in this closed thread if they wish to clarify this further.

Thankyou Kindly,

Habrok

Lodar
18-02-09, 18:29
I'd just like to add that this isn't any kind of personal bias against Glok, or anybody else who posts OT threads that don't exactly fit the conventional model. Any discussion is encouraged on these forums, providing it's in good taste and not in contravention of any of the forum rules. I'd applaud anyone for thinking outside the box when it comes to discussion topics. However, if the nature of the discussion lacks coherence, or replies consist mainly of "wtf" kind of responses, then that ladies and gentlemen, is garden-variety spam.

I'm sure this is an issue that hasn't escaped Glok's attention in the past, and I hope he doesn't think I'm deliberately singleing him out. :angel: