PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Nostalga

Lexxuk
01-02-09, 01:04
Nostalga, don't you just love it! So lets get nostalgic....

You got to start with "I remember when...." then what you remember :P

I remember when.... I never thought I'd fill a 500MB hard drive!
I remember when.... 8MB of RAM was pimpin

MrTrip
01-02-09, 01:29

I remember when this same idea was on 4chan.

I remember when my 4GB drive was the shizzlebodizzle.

I remember Starsiege and Starsiege: Tribes being my all day thing.

Lexxuk
01-02-09, 01:57
I kinda have never been to 4chan, though I've heard about it >.<

I remember when... 3Dfx were the best, and a Voodoo 2 = omgsofast
I remember whem... Creative actually made decent drivers
I remember when... Paris Hilton as a hotel :D

Garfield
01-02-09, 02:14
i remember when ...... michael jackson was black
i remember when....... there where no low fat chips
i remember when......elkybaby ganked me 10times a day down in p1 aggie cellars while i was doing my first spider missions and i hired bodyguards

Asurmen Spec Op
01-02-09, 04:13

I remember when my parents told me "Back when I was young we had 20MB hard drives, and that was enough! You'll never need a bigger hard drive" when I was getting a 5GB drive.

Now I have 4TB of hard drive space...

Lexxuk
01-02-09, 05:31
My first computer was an IBM XT, 128k memory, 10mb hard drive and it played the game "nibbles", it had a green screen and was... pants...

My next was a 386 with a whopping 1MB of RAM! and a 40MB hard drive! I blew it up..

Then a 486sx33 with 4MB RAM, I stuck Windows 95 on it and tried to play SimCity2000.... that wasn't a very good experience, it was very.... slow.

@Garfield - that name rings a bell I think, or maybe its old age, I am 196 now you now! :D

I remember when... OT topics were closed quicker than a thing which umm, closes quickly :confused:

Dribble Joy
01-02-09, 07:46
... when I didn't get an odd pain in my left knee when I did a poo...

$ir Mafia
01-02-09, 10:06
I remember when....Amiga 1200 was way better than any DOS-Machine on the Market

I´m getting old

CritiNator
01-02-09, 10:26
I Remember when... IBM Pentium 1 with 65?Mhz was top of the line gaming pc. With new SVGA screen.
I Remember when... Bill Clinton did NOT have anykind of relationship with his secretary..
I Remember when... I whitnessed total eclipse of sun.
I Remember when... 15" inch wheels, were pimp

Biglines
01-02-09, 12:21
I remember when ... my phone did not outperform my first pc...
I remember when ... britney spears was still hot...

Hell-demon
01-02-09, 15:28
Day of the Tentacle.

Dribble Joy
01-02-09, 15:37
Sam and Max.

And Spitney was never fit.

Tratos
01-02-09, 15:39
I remember when Pluto was a planet.

Lexxuk
01-02-09, 16:02
I'ma agree with DJ, Spears just looked slutty which isn't hawt, its... slutty!

I remember when... you couldnt GR to MB without wondering if someone was there ready to gank you
I remember when... there was only 1 moon in the sky.. "the", now there is 3 or even more
I remember when... there were only 3 TV channels which closed down at night
I remember when... Power Rangers would have been given an 18 certificate for violence
I remember when... Anime was fantastic, sailor moon forever! :D

Biglines
01-02-09, 16:29
full throttle

Biglines
01-02-09, 16:30
pff, she looked hot in the first few hits she had... then she turned slutty... and yes i was allowed to find her hot then, im younger than she is

rob444
01-02-09, 16:45
I remember when a modem for one of the old Atari computers costed 1,800 USD and had a speed of 300 bps (less than 1 kbps (!))

Lexxuk
01-02-09, 17:49
I remember when Niddy first became a mod here, and closed a thread on his normal account, signing it -N when he wasn't logged on as Niddy :D

So yesh! I know Nid's secret identity! :P

nobby
01-02-09, 18:53
I remember when kids used to carry around water pistols...

I remember when newspapers used to use swearwords in quote marks...

I remember when I could walk down to town and everyone was nice and say hello to me...

I remember the time when streets didn't have kids in sports gear hanging waiting to pounce on someone for their money...

Okran
01-02-09, 23:58
... Police walked the streets
... swapping price labels in shops
... sweets were huge
... half pennies
... Halloween where a GM (can't remember who) turned up at Jackyl's appartment as a plant and next went to my appartment and I asked the GM if they'd just been to Jackyl's - we were using the same connection and sat in the same room on seperate PC's :)

naimex
02-02-09, 00:10
I kinda have never been to 4chan, though I've heard about it >.<

I remember when... 3Dfx were the best, and a Voodoo 2 = omgsofast
I remember whem... Creative actually made decent drivers
I remember when... Paris Hilton as a hotel :D

I remember when... I laughed so hard that my voodoo 1 banshee outperformed my friends newly bought voodoo 2 card by a longshot.

I remember when... droms were known as innocent creatures, not crazy sex addicts.

I remember when... The Dome of York was our new home and no one had any clue which way what sector was.

Riddle
02-02-09, 15:17
I remember when... i pressed play on the tape deck, went down to dinner and came back 1/2 hour later only to find my game had crashed!!!!

I remember when ... I expanded the memory of my awsome machine from 3k to 16k!

I remember when..... i bought my first cartridge game and had my friends stand in awe as it loaded almost instantly...wooohhhhh

those were the days :eek:

Lexxuk
02-02-09, 15:26
That brings back memories, ZX Spectrum +2a and playing Outrun with the tape deck, having to fast forward and find the exact spot on the tape to stop, press play to load the next level... gosh how I don't miss those days ;)

Nymphette79
02-02-09, 22:48
I remember.......taping the top 40 and trying very hard to hit pause at just the right moment so as not to get any talking

I remember....playing in parks and not getting booted out by weed smoking, cider swilling, Pride of ASBO badge wearing little shits

I remember....hand-me-downs regardless of sex

naimex
02-02-09, 23:18
I remember.......taping the top 40 and trying very hard to hit pause at just the right moment so as not to get any talking

I remember....playing in parks and not getting booted out by weed smoking, cider swilling, Pride of ASBO badge wearing little shits

I remember....hand-me-downs regardless of sex

It's unlike you not to regard sex :angel:

Tratos
03-02-09, 13:42
I remember playing Banjo Kazooie on the N64 (<3) and not being able to beat the last boss, getting fed up after the nth atempt and never completing it.

Thank fuck for Xbox Live Arcade. FUCK YOU GRUNTILDA! :D Bring on Banjo Tooie ¬_¬

I remember the NC2 beta Afro (want).
I remember the pain of hearing dial up connecting.
I remember going insane as someone used the phone while i was trying to play CNC Tiberian Sun online and getting d/c
I remember when d/c was one of the most higly used internet terms
I remember when 'lol' wasn't mainstream :( i heard someone shout "for the win" at a bar a few weeks ago...

Serah Logan
05-02-09, 13:12
I remember when I used to play MegaBug on my fancy Tandy TRS80 Color Computer......but only AFTER I had typed in all the BASIC code for the game(used to get magazines every month with the code for the games inside)....

I remember when gas was 66 cents per gallon in the US....

I remember playing Doom till I thought I was Satan....

I remember whacking off to Leisure Suit Larry and the underwear adds in the Sears Catalog....

Lexxuk
05-02-09, 19:41
I think some nostalgia should be kept for therapy sessions :angel:

Though on my LSL CD was also a text based adventure where I went into a room with a hooker and typed "fuck the hooker" or something, and died of atomic clap :o

Doc Holliday
06-02-09, 02:24
leisure sweet larry.

lol.

Im stunned no one said NC1 as a nostalgic subject

Asurmen Spec Op
06-02-09, 04:25
I remember when lexxuk was cool *duck*

Dribble Joy
06-02-09, 05:56
My kami chip....

*wanders off muttering and with a hint of foam at the mouth....*

Apocalypsox
06-02-09, 06:54
My combat mechs...They promised...they said i would haves them...

*Goes and sits in the corner, rocking back and forth in fetal position sucking his thumb and muttering to himself*

Lexxuk
06-02-09, 14:24
I remember when lexxuk was cool *duck*

Lies! I was never cool! I'm way too cool to be cool! :angel:

Dribble Joy
06-02-09, 16:43
My combat mechs...They promised...they said i would haves them...
Actually only a vague promise at the beginning of NC. They've since stated that they will not be featured as it runs against the theme of the game to some extent.

Lexxuk
07-02-09, 02:43
I remember when this forum was a hive of activity, you could post a thread, hit refresh and find it half way down the page, at one time it got so busy here the servers couldn't handle the traffic!

Of course, most of the threads then was me and another person constantly spamming the forums with our wonderful comentary and hitting on Bardlebee :D

Apocalypsox
07-02-09, 07:33
Actually only a vague promise at the beginning of NC. They've since stated that they will not be featured as it runs against the theme of the game to some extent.
Don't make me pull the lore of Warbots on you, Drib. The tech exists in the lore of the game world, theres no reason for it not to exist. :(
Atleast thats what i tell myself so i can sleep at night. Its been a long time since i read anything :lol:

Doc Holliday
08-02-09, 01:28
nostalgia to me and forgive me for mentioning this name but forum nostalgia to me is vetterox.

Vet vs Original Monk. the arguements about who was better etc and how vet pwned everything and everyone and was the last true pker etc after starkes.

ReefSmoker
22-02-09, 07:55
I remember playing Neocron for hours on end...

I remember quite a few of the names of people who have posted in this topic...

Doc Holliday
22-02-09, 16:23
I remember playing Neocron for hours on end...

I remember quite a few of the names of people who have posted in this topic...

:eek:

Reefy?

wow.

a real blast from the past. a true neocron relic.

im suprised you didnt sign the post off as

"take care"

"reefy"

like that. i know it was somethin similar.

Lexxuk
22-02-09, 21:40
I remember Reefy from B4 and their evil evil clan! Blue err thingy!

solling
23-02-09, 13:50
those where the days :)

never found so much fun since in any mmo.

Omnituens
23-02-09, 18:48
I remember my Anti Lexxuk sanctum - it was a 5 slotter :(

Kanedax
23-02-09, 19:43
I miss the griefing my old clan did on NC1 I also miss the epic Private Eye battles between Rabbi, DJ, and Tetsu0. Uranus FTW.

Lexxuk
24-02-09, 15:22
I remember my Anti Lexxuk sanctum - it was a 5 slotter :(

Shoulda got the Holy Anti-Lexxuk sanctum! I had an 8 slotter /coff :angel:

Doc Holliday
24-02-09, 15:52
I miss the griefing my old clan did on NC1 I also miss the epic Private Eye battles between Rabbi, DJ, and Tetsu0. Uranus FTW.

your glasses arent that good kanedax. tetsuo was never that good in nc1. we fought alot when i hung with god36. him and tetsuo never got along :) so we ended up fighting quite a bit. he was good but not in rabbis league is what im saying.

dj always fought in neofrag ;)

Richard Slade
24-02-09, 20:37
I remember Lexxuks droms...
Anyone still got the screen? :P

XaNToR
24-02-09, 20:43

she tried at least ;)

I remember my first computer with ub0r 350 mhz which made it possible to play age of empires with high fps. My cellpone now has 624 mhz O_o

and i remember outcast which i ve never managed to finish

and of course i remember the seemed to be endless hours of fun playing neocron and to terrorize all kinds of people and clans ;)

ReefSmoker
24-02-09, 20:45
I remember when lube wasn't required... 8|

Kanedax
24-02-09, 20:52
your glasses arent that good kanedax. tetsuo was never that good in nc1. we fought alot when i hung with god36. him and tetsuo never got along :) so we ended up fighting quite a bit. he was good but not in rabbis league is what im saying.

There were a few fights I remember between Rabbi and Tet when Tet was pretty much at the peak of how good he was where it was pretty damn close to even. His dueling with DJ in NF was what I was talking about there. Meh the details are sketchy since it was so long ago and I was like 13 or something but I remember what I remember. I also miss Ginger Magician, he was a glorious douche.

Sydalesis
01-03-09, 11:34
I remember 56% on pluto

nobby
01-03-09, 14:41
I remember 56% on pluto

There was never a percentage system shown...

Doc Holliday
01-03-09, 16:48
There were a few fights I remember between Rabbi and Tet when Tet was pretty much at the peak of how good he was where it was pretty damn close to even. His dueling with DJ in NF was what I was talking about there. Meh the details are sketchy since it was so long ago and I was like 13 or something but I remember what I remember. I also miss Ginger Magician, he was a glorious douche.

i think your confusing him with someone else still. there were some very good PEs on uranus bud. Hive, Rab and Xantor i would have said were the top 3 imho but early part of 03 there were several more whos names escape me now. ford prefect was one though i never saw him fight.

slutsumi had evil ryoko but anything regarding him i take with a pinch of salt as i heard rumours that it wasnt all him aiming. i will leave it at that due to forum rules. there were many others who were good too but i dont remember all of them.

repirdude though was better than tetsu0 personally speaking. he was mattuk24s PE. he was trying to call him repair dude to make a tradeskilling bitch but ended up spelling it wrong and then decided to make him rifle. class. i had the pleasure of fighting him at a fight night at simmons. he was drugged the eyeballs the first fight and cleaned me out without a scratch on him. the second fight was closer :P but i admit he was drugflashed late on.

you also had Junkie on his pe or pes. he was constantly rerolling.

as well you also had the flux guys on their PEs. Avalon (was one. i think) and im pretty sure Djingo had a pe at one stage( which could have been the aforementioned )

anyway. brains hurting now as its been 5 years gone. i even got a few votes at one time :) (i played waaaaaaaaay too much though and im the first to admit it)

now that is a little bit of nostalgia for some of the old uranus players here.

if there are any of course.

Mishakal
01-03-09, 18:20
I remember when Itak-man would stand in P1 telling everyone how amazing he was, then jump down in aggy cellars and get hunted by half of uranus

Hell-demon
01-03-09, 21:20
I remember when we didn't have blood. Shoot something and no crimson splats.

Mishakal
01-03-09, 21:44
I remember when we didn't have blood. Shoot something and no crimson splats.

I still have no blood when i shoot something

most likely though cause I've just rolled a droner after returning to the game and have no idea what i'm doing so i tend not to hit anything :lol:

Chosen One
02-03-09, 17:47
5 & 0 in fight night at gravis ug

db + xbow = winnar!

damn you KK for nerfffffffffffffff :lol:

Cerbious
03-03-09, 11:12
I remember when Itak-man would stand in P1 telling everyone how amazing he was, then jump down in aggy cellars and get hunted by half of uranus

Haha i think everyone has killed ITAK-MAN some time or another, personally i would like to buy the fella a drink for being the most annoying player in NC yet proberly the most famous!

Kills your newly made char runs round plaza shouting HA HA HA, you log your tank and spend the next hour hunting him synching in and out aggies. The worst part he would never admit defeat.. even if hes standing at a GR after you just killed him!

Doc if your going to talk about fighters drugging up to the eye balls you will have to include spoon lover... his spy i think took every drug being sold all 13 or what ever, and if i remeber right junkie used a cocktail from time to time. I miss getting destroyed by your Pain easer PE in NF when you, billy, and (dammit i cant remember his name, smurf HC tank man of very few words) were teaching me how to fight.

Dribble Joy
03-03-09, 14:00
Heee.. fun times... I still remember that fight we had at SUKING were I didn't miss a shot. Ninja was sitting beside me almost pissing himself :p.

I should get back in NF, I'm worse than I was back then.

And yes, I remember spoon. he used so many drugs they went off the top of his screen.

Doc Holliday
03-03-09, 18:30
Haha i think everyone has killed ITAK-MAN some time or another, personally i would like to buy the fella a drink for being the most annoying player in NC yet proberly the most famous!

Kills your newly made char runs round plaza shouting HA HA HA, you log your tank and spend the next hour hunting him synching in and out aggies. The worst part he would never admit defeat.. even if hes standing at a GR after you just killed him!

Doc if your going to talk about fighters drugging up to the eye balls you will have to include spoon lover... his spy i think took every drug being sold all 13 or what ever, and if i remeber right junkie used a cocktail from time to time. I miss getting destroyed by your Pain easer PE in NF when you, billy, and (dammit i cant remember his name, smurf HC tank man of very few words) were teaching me how to fight.

LOL spoony was a legend. yeah i did forget that. mind at one stage everyone used to use drugs. it was the standard. i remember Mart and Rick (alig) used shit loads on their pe's. i did too back then but not till late in the close of nc1.

i just found my setup to be comfortable for me without. i did however soon realise how much better he was with them.

as for the tank. i dunno who it coulda been mate. i would say either Roof or Bozz or coulda been Mad zeke or Jack Torse. any one of them. other than that i cant remember.

some good times though. god i miss them sometimes. i had skills back then. not anymore :)

numb
03-03-09, 23:49
I remember playing Q1 shareware until about 3 every morning whilst at college with a 400ms ping, kicking arse with auto aim, keyboard controls and amazing "ice skating" skills.

Cerbious
04-03-09, 11:09
ROOF ROOF ROOF it was ROOF ah ha ha ha it feels so good to find something out that has been bugging you. Thank you Doc!

And erm Dribble i think i recall that as some repressed memory :( You sat there quite smug with your brown ale wasnt it?

To be fair i dont remeber much of that night just remeber getting up from my seat to look at some of the other screens to find the NCAT members sitting there in the middle of a whole map zerg.. went back to my comp to find no allies on, by sunrise they had the whole map i think lol

Dribble Joy
04-03-09, 14:25
I hope I didn't seem smug, I remember feeling a sense of vague disbelief, exhilaration and guilt :p.

Cerbious
04-03-09, 15:51
LMAO! yes i do remeber clearly now u even said sorry lol though i was left in shock aswell i dont think i even got a hit on you! haha gd times, if only i had a comp which could handle nc lol

ReefSmoker
10-03-09, 16:29
I remember the alerts going out over the chat channels when perma-sync would set in during beta 3, everyone would drop what they were doing and rush to Plaza 1 for the ultimate lock-in... Plaza Prison!! If you weren't in Plaza 1 then you weren't in-game for the remainder of the night.

RogerRamjet
11-03-09, 00:12
i think your confusing him with someone else still. there were some very good PEs on uranus bud.

I will go as far as saying Uranus had the best PEs. Hivemind, Rabbi, Revengers Eye, Xantor, Kid Stardust, John Digweed, QD, the list could go on and on (If I could remember!). One of the joys of playing a PE on Uranus was the sheer variation of set ups seen running around in PP1. From the lotech Pain Easer setups right up to the obscene 3 drug, Black PA "die standing up" lot.

Doc Holliday
12-03-09, 00:58
I will go as far as saying Uranus had the best PEs. Hivemind, Rabbi, Revengers Eye, Xantor, Kid Stardust, John Digweed, QD, the list could go on and on (If I could remember!). One of the joys of playing a PE on Uranus was the sheer variation of set ups seen running around in PP1. From the lotech Pain Easer setups right up to the obscene 3 drug, Black PA "die standing up" lot.

who was john digweeds dude? i forgot. yes there were some very good ones. black soul deserves a special mention too of course.

solling
12-03-09, 11:40
Pluto had good deal of those to Elkdor comes to mind evil pe :)

RogerRamjet
13-03-09, 02:04
who was john digweeds dude? i forgot. yes there were some very good ones. black soul deserves a special mention too of course.

He was Neptunes PE.

First ever melee PE :angel:

Doc Holliday
13-03-09, 21:28
He was Neptunes PE.

First ever melee PE :angel:

first famous one. :)

i remember a guy in the aggie cellars one time in late 2003 running around casting fireballs and whacking everything in sight with a rusty sword. he was a pe. i laughed so much coke went up my nose and all over my screen. the brown stuff that is.

nobby
14-03-09, 01:51
I remember the alerts going out over the chat channels when perma-sync would set in during beta 3, everyone would drop what they were doing and rush to Plaza 1 for the ultimate lock-in... Plaza Prison!! If you weren't in Plaza 1 then you weren't in-game for the remainder of the night.

omg that sounds wicked lol

RogerRamjet
14-03-09, 03:16
first famous one. :)

i remember a guy in the aggie cellars one time in late 2003 running around casting fireballs and whacking everything in sight with a rusty sword. he was a pe. i laughed so much coke went up my nose and all over my screen. the brown stuff that is.

OK, the first Blade of Ceres using melee PE then :angel:

He actually tested the setup out on Jupiter for months.

phunqe
14-03-09, 05:38
So much NC nostalgia :(

nobby
14-03-09, 13:37
can someone explain more about the perma-syncs on chat lol

Plaza prison... :p

Chosen One
16-03-09, 15:42
i miss the old gun models...especially the hightech rifle model...so long, and so badass looking :rolleyes:

L0KI
16-03-09, 18:23
I’m not quite sure how I missed this thread, but here’s my list!

- On my first day/week, a business war broke out between Doc Holliday and White Rabbit on P2 local chat. They were both attempting to out-shout one another to gain their poking trade. It was entertaining, and epic.

- Aliya (LEGENDARY Uranus constructor) making my first ever rare weapon. I was blessed with a 4 slot Liberator, which I’d use for the next two years.

- Merging my first (attempt at a) clan with Ginger Magician’s. I stole all his items from the clan apartment, ganked him; thus….. an enemy was born.

Beating Slutsumi ( Or whatever he’s known as now…) three times in a row, and then recruiting him and his bro to sYn. They were fantastic trouble makers, and he was probably the best tank I ever fought.

I remember hearing about Pluto’s ‘Fight Night’ event, and decided to make my own on Uranus. I called it ‘Natural Selection’. You may know the name from an event on Terra, as Tratos “borrowed” the name ;)
The first event had a huge turn out, including two or three GM’s. I remember Hivemind fighting two of them at once, and winning. He was seriously good.

I miss the customisation of characters. Neofrog for example, in his bright green robe. He was unmistakable. Hivemind wore the purple jacket and black trousers… and he was the white haired guy wearing the glasses. XaNToR was the black-character in the glasses (As was I). XaNToR wore a dark red jacket, and I opted for the black one.

I remember when actual power was obtainable. For a while, I was in enough power to completely alter the server depending on my decisions (which were often wrong, granted, and based mostly on my post-teen anger). I wasn’t the only one; far from it… but I did love the in-game politics.

Oh and finally, @ Kanedax. The only time I ever remember TetsuO dropping me, or even coming close, was on my APU. Both he, and Ginger attacked me at CRP, and chases me across two zones. They did kill me in the end. I’m certain he never beat me on my PE! Not that any of that matters… I suck now. Lol.

Oh, and Doc... do you remember BaNaNaMaN? :D

Dribble Joy
16-03-09, 20:36
Slutsumi
Probably the only guy who I had real issues beating in a duel (at the height of my skills). Other people I could take to 50% win/loss, but that guy drove me mad.

BaNaNaMaN? :D
Oh my god...

ReefSmoker
16-03-09, 22:27
Was BaNaNaMaN one of MegaMan's alts? MegaMan was funny, albeit for all the wrong reasons :p

Who remembers the auctions that Blue-Tech used to run on Pluto in ViaRosso 2? Those were great fun, the only downside was my fingers would be on fire after two hours of typing mania while keeping up with all the bidders! Being the auctioneer would have been so much easier with Ventrillo or Roger Wilco!

Biglines
16-03-09, 23:20
ooooh, i used to be in blue tech in beta 4 i think :S

Doc Holliday
17-03-09, 02:48
I’m not quite sure how I missed this thread, but here’s my list!

- On my first day/week, a business war broke out between Doc Holliday and White Rabbit on P2 local chat. They were both attempting to out-shout one another to gain their poking trade. It was entertaining, and epic.

- Aliya (LEGENDARY Uranus constructor) making my first ever rare weapon. I was blessed with a 4 slot Liberator, which I’d use for the next two years.

- Merging my first (attempt at a) clan with Ginger Magician’s. I stole all his items from the clan apartment, ganked him; thus….. an enemy was born.

Beating Slutsumi ( Or whatever he’s known as now…) three times in a row, and then recruiting him and his bro to sYn. They were fantastic trouble makers, and he was probably the best tank I ever fought.

I remember hearing about Pluto’s ‘Fight Night’ event, and decided to make my own on Uranus. I called it ‘Natural Selection’. You may know the name from an event on Terra, as Tratos “borrowed” the name ;)
The first event had a huge turn out, including two or three GM’s. I remember Hivemind fighting two of them at once, and winning. He was seriously good.

I miss the customisation of characters. Neofrog for example, in his bright green robe. He was unmistakable. Hivemind wore the purple jacket and black trousers… and he was the white haired guy wearing the glasses. XaNToR was the black-character in the glasses (As was I). XaNToR wore a dark red jacket, and I opted for the black one.

I remember when actual power was obtainable. For a while, I was in enough power to completely alter the server depending on my decisions (which were often wrong, granted, and based mostly on my post-teen anger). I wasn’t the only one; far from it… but I did love the in-game politics.

Oh and finally, @ Kanedax. The only time I ever remember TetsuO dropping me, or even coming close, was on my APU. Both he, and Ginger attacked me at CRP, and chases me across two zones. They did kill me in the end. I’m certain he never beat me on my PE! Not that any of that matters… I suck now. Lol.

Oh, and Doc... do you remember BaNaNaMaN? :D

:D at the last line. yes indeed. funny old night if you mean the one i think you mean :)

Didnt you and xantor use different avatars? i thought perhaps you did. hive i will always remember. never did get to see the fights vs callash and chimera though but he was one fuckin awesome player and a good guy with it. all of d5g were.

The thing with me and rabbit was to inject some humour in to the server and we both sure as shit had some fun doing it.

Funny how everyone remembers different things. especially some stuff that plain didnt happen. i had an old runner come to me one time whos playing now and go on about shit i apparently did aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago that i know for sure never happened. it was stuff about me wiping out op teams and stuff like that where i would own 4+ people. i laughed cause i have never been that good. its happened a few times in my nc pvp career when i played like alot of us did back then. night and fuckin day :) but he remembered more than i think actually happened lol.

the only time un ppued was back when i first made a go of my own proper pvp/op war clan. we were tt and had taken control of simmonds factory. i had logged doc out there and wasnt even buffed when i had to get him back on to play with. i logged in to the ug to 3 tsunami dudes and i shot like a bat out of hell out of the ug heart in my throat. they naturally gave chase. 1 was a tank 1 a pe and 1 a monk. the tank had a cs the pe an epr and the monk a holy lightning. i got away and down behind a hill buffing when the pe came first and he got rinsed with barely a scratch on me.

all the time im screaming in the next room at my brother who was just logging on and yelling on clan chat (we didnt have ventrilo in those days :D)
that simmonds was under threat and that i was on my own there.
anyway, the next thing i know i have the tank up in my face and the monk close behind with the pe guy twitching on the floor. i managed to smoke the tank with holy lightnings falling all around me and the monk turned to run. i got her just as she hit the gr. i got the dog tag my side of the gr and my clannies found the body in plaza 1 LOL.

the cries of oh ffs he killed them all on clan chat were the most memorable i ever had. shame i cant recall the names. i know the monk was twisting stone but i have no idea of the others. she later quit that day from the ts clan she was in who i had fought with.

ReefSmoker
17-03-09, 03:06
Funny how everyone remembers different things. especially some stuff that plain didnt happen. i had an old runner come to me one time whos playing now and go on about shit i apparently did aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago that i know for sure never happened. it was stuff about me wiping out op teams and stuff like that where i would own 4+ people. i laughed cause i have never been that good. its happened a few times in my nc pvp career when i played like alot of us did back then. night and fuckin day :) but he remembered more than i think actually happened lol.

Whoever was telling you about that might have been referring to Doc Holiday from Blue-Tech, he was a gentank and long before rare weapons or PA were introduced he used to wipe the floor with all of the opposition at once :D

L0KI
17-03-09, 10:33
Oh my god...

BaNaNaMaN was one of my secret alts. He was a solo Melee PE. I know you remember him DJ, as he lived at MB :D

I actually started Rabbi Fang as a PK character, to have no connection to my main character (Loki at the time). A reputation started to form and I began to enjoy playing as him more than anyone else... hence, Loki was deleted, and BaNaNaMaN was born.

I'm sorry. lol.

As for Slutsumi; he was so good with a Cursed Soul that I thought he cheated. I could only beat him using the RoLH – so I understand your problems with the pew-pew power of the almighty Judge.
Thinking back, there was a better tank…. He was beatable, but on the whole more consistent. That was DJingo from Flux. Remember him?

Arek and his band of MJ12 were probably my greatest enemies of all time. I remember catching Arek off guard once, and annihilating him. He cowardly avoided all future confrontations with me. He had a friend whose name I can’t recall…. It was an MJ12 tank that was so useless it was funny. Anyone could kill him. He rarely drew his weapon when alone…. Just saw a name and ran! (brilliant!)

Then there was my mission to drag QD & his SSC into a war; as they’d managed to remain neutral to all for well over a year. That was fun too, it ended in a broken and ruined server though….

I also have fond memories of the ‘clique’ buddy chat… A group of some of the more “famous” players at the time…

Some names I remember from that list were:

Dribble Joy
Quantum Delta
Hivemind/Ingmar
Ph34r
doob
Fw
Vicious/Malign
XaNToR

The first time I saw an APU (as LOKI) was a memorable one... I was chased down by the feared uTs at CRP. They'd just taken Cycrow from the Ronins. I remember it well... kEiThZ, who was an incredibly good Hybrid, barrelled down several HL's on to my head as I panicked and ran... I remember reaching the GR, looking at it, managing to click on it, then dropping like a sack of shit. XaNToR & Lucky Luck stood over my corpse for a bit. Strangely... their PPU rezzed me and let me leave...

Oh, and @ Doc... My greatest times in NC were the times without Vent. I don't know, I just found it more immersive that way I think.

Doc Holliday
17-03-09, 13:15
Whoever was telling you about that might have been referring to Doc Holiday from Blue-Tech, he was a gentank and long before rare weapons or PA were introduced he used to wipe the floor with all of the opposition at once :D

was he german reefie? i remember being asked in the beginning if i was that guy but i said no naturally. just a coincidence. the bit i reffered to was from a guy who played uranus server after we went in to betail though. he was never in beta.

rab. :) staticx probably. he was mj12. him and fetus ran together alot.

agreed with djingo in terms of skills. i think he was under the radar simply because he never talked shit at everyone and wasnt a gank artist. great guy though.

L0KI
17-03-09, 13:33
Good memory, Doc.

It WAS Static-X :D

Dribble Joy
17-03-09, 13:49
MJ12....

*gibbers and grumbles in a corner*

As for djingo, I personally can't remember him that well, he didn't come to NF that much.

I still remember my 'introduction' to PvP. It was a random cage fight at jerico. There was me and about three to four others in a free for all. Everyone took the piss out of me for using the judge and kinda ignored me in the fight. I hopped around shooting them and then picked out one (a tank I think) and went for him. He turned out to be the last guy standing and I killed him.
The organiser was like. 'And the winner is.. the Judge...' accompanied by many a wtf.
That started my love for dueling and the use of 'disadvantages'.

Mr_Snow
17-03-09, 14:01
Jesus have a whole lot of Uranian memories flooding back, makes me miss what this game was up until the end of NC1.

The funniest thing I remember you doing fang is one day creating a lowbie alt to kill self, leaving backpacks spelling out loki in plaza 1. I had screenshots of it but I think they got lost when I had a hd die on me a year or 2 ago.

Doc my first memories of you were fighting you at Emerson when I was in SSC, cant remember who won but the winner ressed the loser as I remember talking to both you and Wyatt afterwards, with both of you giving me tips on how to pvp better with a tank.

Had alot of good times in this game and have way more good memories of it then I do of any game I played afterwards.

Anyway back to who was the best PE, definitely Hivemind except for the fact that he mocked me for speccing enough MC to use a DG on my tank.

Speaking of MJ12, Fang remember when Arek on an alt starting spouting racsist bullcrap at your and my black avatars in TH one day?

L0KI
17-03-09, 16:44
Jesus have a whole lot of Uranian memories flooding back, makes me miss what this game was up until the end of NC1.

The funniest thing I remember you doing fang is one day creating a lowbie alt to kill self, leaving backpacks spelling out loki in plaza 1. I had screenshots of it but I think they got lost when I had a hd die on me a year or 2 ago.

Doc my first memories of you were fighting you at Emerson when I was in SSC, cant remember who won but the winner ressed the loser as I remember talking to both you and Wyatt afterwards, with both of you giving me tips on how to pvp better with a tank.

Had alot of good times in this game and have way more good memories of it then I do of any game I played afterwards.

Anyway back to who was the best PE, definitely Hivemind except for the fact that he mocked me for speccing enough MC to use a DG on my tank.

Speaking of MJ12, Fang remember when Arek on an alt starting spouting racsist bullcrap at your and my black avatars in TH one day?

SNOW! :D

Wow, not spoken to you in ages my Irish friend. We should definitely get on vent one day mate…
Or at least MSN? (PM me your email addy!)

Lol, I had forgotten about the backpacks in P1 – it actually worked too, to my surprise! And no, I haven’t forgotten about Arek’s racism… lol.

As for your opinion on the best PE: I have to agree… Hivemind. I learned how to PvP from Hive and XaNToR. Hive almost always won in that showdown. I only ever fought him twice… both times were close… but I’m pretty sure he beat me at least one of those times. The guy was literally unbeatable with his Pain Easer.

I’ll agree with one more of your comments; the game stopped being the game we loved when it became NC2.

Anyway, good to see you around Snow. Sorry I missed you from the list, you were of course in the clique too ;)

RogerRamjet
18-03-09, 02:25

LOL

Remember when Decimator stole his PA? I don't think anyone has ever been more angry over anything in-game related. I'm pretty sure he claimed sYn split up because he KOSed them :lol:

There was a thread a while back where someone discovered he was still PKing and being an ass on Eve online.

I also once found out who ITAK-MAN was. I'm pretty sure it was one of the big names from Saturn. There were claims he was QD for a while though (imagine that!)

God, reading through this thread i've suddenly gotten urges to put on my purple costume, whip out my Devils Grace and run screaming into a pack of Fallen Angels ;)

I miss LAARD :( KKKIIIIIIDDDDDDDD WHERE ARE YOU!!?!

Heavyporker
18-03-09, 05:54
Guys, seriously, you're making me cry here.

I hate you all so very much.

*sniff*

I miss you all so very much.

Heavyporker, member of the best damn clan in NExT on Pluto... *sniff* Crahn.... DAMN... I miss those days!

Doc Holliday
18-03-09, 16:03

:)

i remember the fight well. you turned up as TT and we are all going WTF!! because we believed in the ally system ^^ ;)

it was actually a very good fight. i remember it was me that came off worse because i fought you and then macdaddy jumped in as well and someone at the end laid a stun trap. it was hard and i was royally pissed because up to that point i was having a shit hot fight. even qd got involved in that one i remember.

lot of fun. we wanted to make a statement that clans didnt "own" ops so we figured on that one being the best to use. same with simmonds and the syncz.

man some good times. i have a fond memory for a lot of it but by own admittance when you literally breathe eat and sleep the game because your unemployed ( i was over the summer of 03 and by choice no less. i could afford it so i took it ) i had all the time in the world and i loved every minute of it.

i got schooled by hive one night in neofrag. i forget why we ended up in there. it could have been after a fight night but there was me stood with him on ingmar Jk a black monk i dont recall his name and i think doob. might have been ben grim there too but dont quote me. anyway. we had a few jokes and laughs and i think doob got the wrong end of the stick because from then on he used to cuss me out and say i slagged him off. i barely knew him only knew of him. still each to their own.

i got utterly battered needless to say. couldnt break any of ems aim with the cs. it helped because it taught me a lot.

i did beat him once too. lol. i have no reason to doubt i was aided by his drug flash late in the fight but we fought out at tyron one time. he ganked TX and ran smack in to our op team as we were prepping to take the op. i ran off to fight and had it one on one. ste bedford tried to get in on the end and i remember putting in caps on local

LEAVE THAT FUCKING DOG TAG ALONE! as i wanted to claim it. i was proud. we actually got on pretty well after too me and hive. definitely one of the best players on the server but d5g as a clan were top notch.

DJ if you recall the fight night we tried to do at battle dome a long ass time ago towards the end of nc1 Djingo fought in it. he won the last man standing and then someone said he had 2 cses equipped in slots 1 n 2 so he could flatten people a lot easier before having to reload. genius.

in the end it all devolved in to a free for all because K9 (god bless him. what a geezer) ganked patri and pushed his body off so someone else could hack his first love. the synchz booted off and everyone blasted each other. funny as fuck though.

i miss nc guys. i miss what it was. it wont be the same because the people are all gone.

Doc Holliday
18-03-09, 16:56
sorry for double post.

lads. what say a few of us pick up and play again. we could all lump in to one faction and have some fun. not try and take over the server but just have fun gank people and enjoy the cron. its free. i have it downloaded and installed. im game. it would be one for the nostalgia. a home for all of us lost souls displaced in the void left by the neocron of old.

L0KI
18-03-09, 18:01
This thread has made me want to re-install again. I don't have the client on my machine, so I'll have to download it. I will, however, be doing so tonight. I should be able to have a game tomorrow.

As for your 'time off' Doc, I shared it. I took six months off work out of Cron addiction in 03 or 04. I can't remember which. Anyway, I couldn't afford it; but hey ho, lessons were learned. Now I work every hour under the sun.

I would love to get a few people back together though mate, so yes... I'm game.

;)

Mr_Snow
18-03-09, 20:16
Fang I think I have 2 or 3 different msns for you and you keep changing them.

Doc forgot I was in TT was probably getting the epic pistol for Ayanes levelling at the time, I wasn't great with pistols spies back then, so I was just fighting with what I had. The best thing I have to say about SSC is the QD, Rah, Ash and the rest ran a generally good natured clan until they sold their souls to R2K for OPs

As for Ginger I got his favourite TPC when he kept thinking he could gank my PE and Wolfcraft's PPU. He got banned from EVE a while ago when he got scammed by a notorious scammer who he tought he could trust and them started spamming that he would track him down and kill him in real life.

I have NC installed and have most of my tradeskillers and tank decently levelled so i would be happy to have a run around and show how out of practice at twitch games I am.

RogerRamjet
18-03-09, 20:30
Can anyone remember the name of QDs PPU?

Kanedax
18-03-09, 20:37
Fang I think I have 2 or 3 different msns for you and you keep changing them.

Doc forgot I was in TT was probably getting the epic pistol for Ayanes levelling at the time, I wasn't great with pistols spies back then, so I was just fighting with what I had. The best thing I have to say about SSC is the QD, Rah, Ash and the rest ran a generally good natured clan until they sold their souls to R2K for OPs

As for Ginger I got his favourite TPC when he kept thinking he could gank my PE and Wolfcraft's PPU. He got banned from EVE a while ago when he got scammed by a notorious scammer who he tought he could trust and them started spamming that he would track him down and kill him in real life.

I have NC installed and have most of my tradeskillers and tank decently levelled so i would be happy to have a run around and show how out of practice at twitch games I am.

Ginger was fucking insane but I loved the guy.

This thread has made me want to re-install again. I don't have the client on my machine, so I'll have to download it. I will, however, be doing so tonight. I should be able to have a game tomorrow.

As for your 'time off' Doc, I shared it. I took six months off work out of Cron addiction in 03 or 04. I can't remember which. Anyway, I couldn't afford it; but hey ho, lessons were learned. Now I work every hour under the sun.

I would love to get a few people back together though mate, so yes... I'm game.

;)

It'll be good to see you in game again Rabbi.

Doc Holliday
18-03-09, 20:43
lol. typical ginger. i think everyone scammed him at one stage or another.

woo well 3 of us can have a shoot. i will see what our kid says when hes home. i can probably encourage him in to it too. i will make sure i flick msn on rab. i barely use it these days to be fair but we will have a nose. im still bd on my dudes (most of em) see who else you can dig up for some fun though yeah? :)

i have to lom down my drug whore pe though. i dont think i NEED to pop so many drugs and hes too slow without for the sake of a bit of damage. we will have some fun im sure :)

put sYn together as a 3 man band and see who else we draw in. for the old times.

i think between us we have enough stuff. last time i logged in i had an extra woc disk from somewhere :/ i still need to register it on my tank but i htink hes tt. there is that npc though who will help rather a lot :)

i will send roz a message on facebook. i did have his number but lost my mobile. i reckon he will be up for it too tho.

wasnt qd's ppu kenshin or something? somethin ninja related. i swear he wanted to be a samurai.

L0KI
19-03-09, 13:05
Who are the active clans on the server now? and what faction are they please?

Dribble Joy
19-03-09, 15:09
wasnt qd's ppu kenshin or something? somethin ninja related. i swear he wanted to be a samurai.
Himura Kenshin, main character from Rurouni Kenshin.

As for clans, there's DoY (as ever), AD and HOT, the latest 'let's make the mercs powerful' CM clan. Others too but I don't pay much attention these days.

Kanedax
19-03-09, 16:15
Who are the active clans on the server now? and what faction are they please?

After Dark, as always, TT

Faceless Leigon, BD

IMMUNE, FA

FR, TT

and HOT, CM

L0KI
19-03-09, 17:01
Sounds like there's space for a new clan in that lot...

Now... to go for the traditional [sYn] in Crahn... or to brave TG and live out in the Canyons...

Hmmmmmm.

Doc Holliday
19-03-09, 17:30
Sounds like there's space for a new clan in that lot...

Now... to go for the traditional [sYn] in Crahn... or to brave TG and live out in the Canyons...

Hmmmmmm.

Oh it will be damn hard to leave bd for me but i have never actually been actively tg and i think a canyon stay could be a lot of fun. plus tangent would come a raiding so we could have some sweet fights :)

im game. i got an epic done on one dude too for the key. easily done. :D

Kanedax
19-03-09, 17:42
Oh I forgot, there is a Crahn clan by the name of Pure.

L0KI
19-03-09, 18:14
Oh it will be damn hard to leave bd for me but i have never actually been actively tg and i think a canyon stay could be a lot of fun. plus tangent would come a raiding so we could have some sweet fights :)

im game. i got an epic done on one dude too for the key. easily done. :D

That's good news about the key :)

I'm currently FA, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to move to TG!

I remember raiding TG many a time when uTs & -pornStar- were stationed there. Do you remember them? :) Needless to say, I was often spanked when raiding as a noob loner PE in some generic NEXT clan.

I'm sure doob spent a bit of time in -pornStar- :wtf:

Doc Holliday
19-03-09, 19:46
That's good news about the key :)

I'm currently FA, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to move to TG!

I remember raiding TG many a time when uTs & -pornStar- were stationed there. Do you remember them? :) Needless to say, I was often spanked when raiding as a noob loner PE in some generic NEXT clan.

I'm sure doob spent a bit of time in -pornStar- :wtf:

blackmist garbage dump. either 400k or 600k and your tg mate :)

im in and online probably after 9pm. i dont get in till then. i will flick msn on. do we have a ventrilo server between us? do you know one?

Powerpunsh
20-03-09, 00:06
Rabbi if you are going to join a clan/make a clan and leave your current clan please let this your current clan know. :)

L0KI
20-03-09, 01:05
Rabbi if you are going to join a clan/make a clan and leave your current clan please let this your current clan know. :)

I will, of course mate.

I haven't logged in for about 5 months.... I almost forgot I was even in a clan! :lol:

William Antrim
20-03-09, 14:41
im your huckleberry, why thats just my game.

L0KI
20-03-09, 15:26
Al! :)

How goes it in Her Majesty's forces?

Doc Holliday
20-03-09, 17:25
didnt make it last night mate sorry. i will do tonight at some point though i hope. otherwise it might have to be sunday.

Mr_Snow
20-03-09, 19:21
Im probably going to be on for a good bit of tonight.

My tanks name is dubh and Im working on capping its str so i should on it if im about.

William Antrim
20-03-09, 19:44
Life in a blue suit mate.

Its good. Im off abroad for 3 months on a detachment to Al Udeed in a few months time but gonna try and get some cron time in before then. Internet should be up and running at work in a few days, if the twats at virgin (sorry) send me my modem. Ill need to download the client there I think as i only have it at home on this pc but im up for some games.

Load
01-04-09, 20:30
i think my best eve memory and one i keep trying to recreate albeit unsuccesfully in from uranus, fighting in -sYn- against the GLA, basically the rest of the server at cycrow for about 5 absolutely insane best computer game experience ever i think the people that won were the ones who could be bothered to stay up the longest i feel asleep at the keyboard in the end lol :p

Hell-demon
01-04-09, 20:36
Back in my day ganking meant something

Doc Holliday
02-04-09, 01:32

lol.

it could again.

Load
02-04-09, 15:01
are there anygood download sites to get it off, thought id give it another whirl but the link i have atm is royally gash
x

phunqe
02-04-09, 18:09

Seeing your post now reminds me of your wedding :p

Doc Holliday
02-04-09, 18:53
are there anygood download sites to get it off, thought id give it another whirl but the link i have atm is royally gash
x

mate you need to come back too. deffo. it wouldnt be the same without :)

Hell-demon
02-04-09, 19:47
Seeing your post now reminds me of your wedding :p
Lul wat?

Doc Holliday
02-04-09, 19:57
Lul wat?

i think he means you getting married. or was it not you. i remember it was someone on pluto and everyone went to the crahn church to see it. i forget who it was. trillian and someone?

Hell-demon
02-04-09, 22:39
I did get RP married once. Oh I do remeber that. It wasn't Trillian, although she did get married a lot :p She must really like wedding cake.

I got married in plaza and went to the pussy club where I threw off my armoured trousers and did the sex emote. I never saw her again. Can't remember her name.

Pfffft like it matters.

Doc Holliday
03-04-09, 01:20
I did get RP married once. Oh I do remeber that. It wasn't Trillian, although she did get married a lot :p She must really like wedding cake.

I got married in plaza and went to the pussy club where I threw off my armoured trousers and did the sex emote. I never saw her again. Can't remember her name.

Pfffft like it matters.

lol. yeah something like that dude

phunqe
03-04-09, 11:32
Lol I was the priest that married you even :p

I have no idea who the girl was though.

Hell-demon
03-04-09, 12:19
I remember you. Good priest. Damn good.

Doc Holliday
05-04-09, 17:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSzKkljyXDs

some nostalgia. :)

this is a friend of a friends video. i think some people will like to see it. it brings back memories.