PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Darkfall Online 2009

kane
17-01-09, 22:59
So is anyone planning on playing this FPS MMORPG?

I love this video I must have seen it 50 times lol:

[Edited: No advertisement, please.]

But do you think this is one them MMORPG's that just have not been around for so many years that many players want and need but just never been there for us..

To me thats how I feel its like Neocron its amazing I don't even get why people don't play it more.. But its suited to a certain class of people and then theirs the trolls who just say this is bugged game sucks and runs off.

There is a ton of trolls in darkfall so who know... 6 months after release there maybe only 5k players.. But heck I think I will be on of them for sure..

Anyways what do you guys think?

Hell-demon
17-01-09, 23:48
A fantasy online game!

I don't think we have any of those!

Oh wait...

looks like fail and aids to me.

kane
18-01-09, 00:04
A fantasy online game!

I don't think we have any of those!

Oh wait...

looks like fail and aids to me.

Yeah we have a lot of WoW players that do that too. We call them trolls.. What game besides UO and Shadowbane has:
- 100% full pvp to right where you start..
- Friend says something to you shoot them in the back
- Punish system like here on Neocron sort of
- Become a Pirate with ships as big as well like off pirate of the carbian lol
- Build cities as big as capital cities and everything is 100% destroyable.
- Everything can be crafted
- No levels just a skill system where you level a skill and more skills you have the longer it takes.. So yeah in 5 years you can be a god ;)
- Not mounts that move there tusks but actually being able to fight from your mount

I mean I can go on and on and on.. Yeah there is a ton of game that are medevil.. But most new ones are all WoW copys and most old ones well are getting old.. Some of them are so old takes the devs a year + to even roll out tiny patches...

I mean like all games gotta wait to see it in first hand but heck this stuff sounds good..

Oh and the 100% seamless zones no portals no warping woot.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-01-09, 00:07
Tell me when it is out and actually lived up to the hype, which I highly doubt it will.

kane
18-01-09, 00:14
people at Neocron honestly care about hype or even what others say?

You go and advertise Neocron lets say a week none stop all over the net.. Most people will say game blows no population let alone even look at screenshots.

Games that are good are not always about population or living to its hype..

There is a lot of WoW kids who are causing more hype then the company can even deal with right now.

Dribble Joy
18-01-09, 00:33
Whether you like it or not, there are lots of fantasy MMOs around and lots of MMOs in general. This game is going to have to work VERY hard to stand out. The addition of an RTS element is interesting, but that's just not going to be enough. If they try to push it too hard it'll end up as a gimmick, which will only back-fire.

hatmankh
18-01-09, 01:41
One of the main reasons that we were all drawn to Neocron is the FPS combat, no boring point 'n click another reason was that it's not fantasy :p so don't expect people here to give this game a chance even though in terms of gameplay it is completely different from any of the other MMOs out there.

kane
18-01-09, 02:10
One of the main reasons that we were all drawn to Neocron is the FPS combat, no boring point 'n click another reason was that it's not fantasy :p so don't expect people here to give this game a chance even though in terms of gameplay it is completely different from any of the other MMOs out there.

LMAO I'm with you there ;)

Enjoy the smooth and flowing gameplay, the fast paced action, and the highly responsive controls. You can forget about point - click - and wait: In Darkfall, the action is real-time and your character feels like an extension of yourself.

[Edited: Advertisement]

EDIT: and sorry if I sound like a troll or something I just think a lot people hear only bits and pieces and then say meh same as the rest..

Even I don't know if I will like it once its out.. Time will only tell.

Hell-demon
18-01-09, 02:26
I'm with Asurmen, a trailer (albeit a poor one) and hype counts for nought. Unless it delivers we can not rely on screens and carefully picked video footage to sell a game. How many of us have watched a trailer, gone "yay!" and then bought the game only to realise it is blander than bleach.

You ever tasted bleach?

Friend of mine pissed me off and I put it in his coffee.

Now he wears special glasses.....

Apocalypsox
18-01-09, 04:41
I remember back in like 2005, somebody posted a link to darkfall here and everybody got all hyper about it.. You all sure have turned that around :lol:

kane
18-01-09, 04:52
I remember back in like 2005, somebody posted a link to darkfall here and everybody got all hyper about it.. You all sure have turned that around :lol:

I can't blame them. I tried to put it out of mind my self. I remember a lot about the hype back in 2003 even some alpha leaks and such.. Was amazing back then but meh.

Sometimes waiting and waiting and hoping drains people.

Apocalypsox
18-01-09, 05:11
I seem to remember much, much better graphics for some reason. That kind of ruined it for me. Not sure if thats just my mind playing tricks on me or if they actually beat the graphics down with the ugly stick.

kane
18-01-09, 05:26
I seem to remember much, much better graphics for some reason. That kind of ruined it for me. Not sure if thats just my mind playing tricks on me or if they actually beat the graphics down with the ugly stick.

nah there not to bad... Better then Necron but not to much.. Using DX9.. There trailers were on medium... There a odd company its like there almost not trying to attracted to many players.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-01-09, 06:38
people at Neocron honestly care about hype or even what others say?

You go and advertise Neocron lets say a week none stop all over the net.. Most people will say game blows no population let alone even look at screenshots.

Games that are good are not always about population or living to its hype..

There is a lot of WoW kids who are causing more hype then the company can even deal with right now.
I don't think you understood what I was trying to say.
Hell-demon is correct, we have all seen trailers, screenshots, heard the devs tell us about glorious things like full pvp (at this point, full pvp is to MMO buzz words what Ruby is to web dev buzz words.).

They simply don't live up to what they claim. On this forum especially we see posts like '$GAME will destroy Neocron because @REASONS', not that I'm saying that is what you are doing, but most of those games failed to live up to their pre release claims. If some of the games posted on this forum lived up to half the expectations they created I'd play them for ages.

So all I'm saying is, find games that look promising but don't think they are the greatest thing untill you played them.

Also, I have recently gotten 15 people from my vent to try the game, and so far they are all enjoying it.

kane
18-01-09, 06:45
How come I never see anyone anymore on ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
18-01-09, 07:13
How come I never see anyone anymore on ;)
Dunno.

Hell-demon
18-01-09, 14:28
I don't think you understood what I was trying to say.
Hell-demon is correct, we have all seen trailers, screenshots, heard the devs tell us about glorious things like full pvp (at this point, full pvp is to MMO buzz words what Ruby is to web dev buzz words.).

They simply don't live up to what they claim. On this forum especially we see posts like '$GAME will destroy Neocron because @REASONS', not that I'm saying that is what you are doing, but most of those games failed to live up to their pre release claims. If some of the games posted on this forum lived up to half the expectations they created I'd play them for ages.

So all I'm saying is, find games that look promising but don't think they are the greatest thing untill you played them.

Also, I have recently gotten 15 people from my vent to try the game, and so far they are all enjoying it.

Yup. Neocron has survived...shit loads of other games. Hell-gate London and Tabula Rasa have died and yet here we are. These games had huge budgets and PR. But here, still we are, playing neocron. It just wont die!

Headshots wont kill it!

Biglines
18-01-09, 18:08
well the difference with nc and things like tabula rasa is that neocron runs on hamsters and has spent exactly 0 in advertising, so keeping it up and running doesn't cost more than the pop used to pay...

if nc was owned by any big publisher like tr and hellgate were, it would have been buried long ago... not so much the game but the company tbh

rob444
18-01-09, 18:26
Probably a overhyped game. I've heard from several people in the beta that the game kinda sucked and the game developers scaled back on their promises.

Still, I like to see that you can build your own towns, that will be a very interesting part of the game (for me at least).

Going to try it and see for myself when the day comes.

kane
18-01-09, 18:52
Probably a overhyped game. I've heard from several people in the beta that the game kinda sucked and the game developers scaled back on their promises.

Still, I like to see that you can build your own towns, that will be a very interesting part of the game (for me at least).

lmao I highly doubt that since the leaked and its very rare since they got such a tight NDA have loved it.. One of them recently leaked info raged on how people think they know everything when yet nothing really is out in info wise.

Hell-demon
18-01-09, 18:59

Yeaha build your own town then have some n00b blow it up. I can see people getting very frustrated.

kane
18-01-09, 20:06
Yeaha build your own town then have some n00b blow it up. I can see people getting very frustrated.

you have to do the whole siege though you can't take a sword and blow up a town or even a house.. You must go in with siege weapons and I would guess they have lots of HP so it take 10min to blow up a wall and for the cost of the wall vs the cost of the siege weapon it would have not been worth it..

But I do wish there was more info or leaks :P

nobby
18-01-09, 20:56
Well at least we all get to be pirates...

Hell-demon
18-01-09, 20:57
and in the game

L0KI
19-01-09, 10:32
Yarrrrrrrrrr o_O

I don't like the idea of little boys pretending to be Jack Sparrow. I do, however, like the idea of manual aim. Sure, it's hardly a ground-breaking concept; but still, it's the first in it's genre (other than the single-player Oblivion).

I do respect one element of it's launch, and that's the free trial for all from launch. I bought and tried Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Pirated of the Burning Sea. I was forced to buy the game at £40 to play it from launch, but the makers of Darkfall opted for the free trial. Fair play.

I hope it is as good as they say, but somehow, I doubt it.

Edit - Wow.... my 6 year Cronniversary today. :D

SnowCrash
19-01-09, 10:33
You are allowed to talk about other games but please refrain from including links or any advertisement related content into your discussion. Thanks.

Powerpunsh
19-01-09, 10:57
Lets build a neocron fort with moat. :D

Hmm, the game seem to have wolfhustlers and no elfhustlers. Why are the most developers producing cockaigne games?

I hope ill get in the alpha/beta of global agenda and/or the beta of earthrise. :angel:

kane
19-01-09, 19:15
You are allowed to talk about other games but please refrain from including links or any advertisement related content into your discussion. Thanks.

Sorry brother forgot about links :( I'm such a bad boy :(

CMaster
19-01-09, 19:40
well the difference with nc and things like tabula rasa is that neocron runs on hamsters and has spent exactly 0 in advertising, so keeping it up and running doesn't cost more than the pop used to pay...

if nc was owned by any big publisher like tr and hellgate were, it would have been buried long ago... not so much the game but the company tbh

Not true entirley - Neocron has been advertised several times in a varity of different places. Ok, so it's a little half-heated but it has happened. Although the kernel of you post is true enough. TR will almost certainly have more players at the moment it shuts down then NC will have had in memory, if ever. It's different expectations on the part of the finanical backers there.

As for Darkfall - seeing that trailer I'm a bit concerned that it's a game where bedroom programmers have had a bit too much influence. The trailer talks at length about a really free and versatile game system that sounds fun. However what it shows us is a world apparently lacking any sense of design at all. The animation is absolutley horrendous (seriously, every time a character or animal moved, I laughed and the building explosion almost knocked me off my chair). We see dull, flat environments, a selection of generic fantasy races and the ugliest water I've seen since hardware T&L. It really looks like the game has been devoid of anybody with any design talent in it (and that trailer should never have been released if they have any intent of fixing those things).

Now, excellent gameplay could indeed rescue the game from this horrible lack of inspriation in other ways - but it will have to be great, will have to give players something fun to do other than just hastle each other and is also going to have to deal with the griefing problem well enough to both appease the griefers and those who just want to get on with it. Its a tall order.

nobby
20-01-09, 02:53
I too felt the graphical and animation side was laughable.

However I then think back to World War 2 online...

Thunder Birds style character animation, worse than.

However look at the amount of players...

I too keep going back to the game now and again.

I don't believe this game will be as perfect as it makes out, then again, maybe this will be the first "Good" mmo for once.

Riddle
20-01-09, 13:26
Why do some people get so Bitter about NC? been seeing this a fair bit lately :(

NC is what it is, enjoy it or go play mainstream shit.

Nuff said.

nobby
20-01-09, 18:56
NC = All population has WoC, you don't have WoC, you're not good enough.

Too low pops....

I did love the game, but the love is disappearing.

meh

Biglines
20-01-09, 19:40
Why do some people get so Bitter about NC? been seeing this a fair bit lately :(

NC is what it is, enjoy it or go play mainstream shit.

Nuff said.

bitterness is an emotion, meaning people care about neocron.

bitterness is better than not caring, people who don't care leave...

the problem is, bitterness overshadows enthusiasm because it is easier

personally I tend to post a lot of bitter posts, because I believe it could be so much better. But I agree that we should enjoy it, I mean I still love the game, love some people and love playing most of the time.

I really like the fact that at least 3 clans/different people have tried to organize events in the last few weeks. lord of the dome with garfield, hide'n'seek with what's left of ad, the initiative to start a vehicle tournament, all these things are very nice to see, and hopefully KK will see this as the commitment it is, and reply in kind...

kane
20-01-09, 19:49
I don't even see any ADs for neocron.. Even the state Neocron is in it had potential :(

Hell-demon
20-01-09, 21:20
Kane your not...a fan boi for this game are you?

TRAITOR!

rob444
20-01-09, 21:23
Kane your not...a fan boi for this game are you?

TRAITOR!

And traitors should be impaled in front of the old TG canyon as usual.

kane
20-01-09, 21:28
And traitors should be impaled in front of the old TG canyon as usual.

Ahh but I'm inside the Canyon and ur going to have to come in and pull me out ;)

Hell-demon
20-01-09, 21:40
Bollocks if only we had siege weapons like in Darkfall :(

Oh wait we don't coz Darkfall is crap. Hoooray!

rob444
20-01-09, 21:50
Ahh but I'm inside the Canyon and ur going to have to come in and pull me out ;)

Hopefully sliding some money to snowcrash will help, so he can spawn you out of there :lol:

Tarn
20-01-09, 21:54
Whose this Kane character from Barrie Ont?

Hell-demon
20-01-09, 22:32
A developer from Darkfail I think.

flib
22-01-09, 01:15
NC = All population has WoC, you don't have WoC, you're not good enough.

Too low pops....

I did love the game, but the love is disappearing.

meh
None of the cool people use woc for pvp. It's boring

kane
22-01-09, 01:18
Whose this Kane character from Barrie Ont?
not sure was in a guild before with ummm a guy that DJ at the queens and rocks sometimes or something... There was a couple people in the Barrie area if I recalled like 3-4 of them.

Hell-demon
22-01-09, 14:29
Edited: Advertisement

SnowCrash
22-01-09, 15:23
Am I talking some language you do not understand? One more link and this thread is history.

Finne
22-01-09, 17:41
relax snowcrash, that game is vaporware since 2003, i pity the fool that buyorders that crap

Marx
22-01-09, 18:47
Yup. Neocron has survived...shit loads of other games. Hell-gate London and Tabula Rasa have died and yet here we are. These games had huge budgets and PR. But here, still we are, playing neocron. It just wont die!

Headshots wont kill it!

Tabula Rasa and HG:L shut down/are shutting down because their populations went below a desired amount, not because no one played. Since Neocron is a smaller operation, they can continue on with smaller populations whileas Tabula Rasa will probably have more users on during it's last day than Neocron has had in years (if it ever had).

While they're all MMOs, they couldn't be more different if they tried in terms of operation and corporate goals. Neocron was for all intent and purpose an indy venture while the previously mentioned games were not.

Anyway, there's something to dying a graceful death rather than limping along while you continue to rot away.

Mighty Max
22-01-09, 21:02
Anyway, there's something to dying a graceful death rather than limping along while you continue to rot away.

And i know what it is. It is a lack of endurance.
Tbh nothing graceful in it, the word that comes to my mind is weak.

Asurmen Spec Op
22-01-09, 22:30
Am I talking some language you do not understand? One more link and this thread is history.
Try using hex?
Hey guys, I heard of this awesome game, check it out here (http://www.neocron.com/)

kane
22-01-09, 22:34
Try using hex?
Hey guys, I heard of this awesome game, check it out here (http://www.neocron.com/)
Off topic from the post and trying use neocron link but to hide it since they said no more links to try to get the post closed I think would be a simple 12 month forum suspension.

Heck maybe I can become a Mod!

Hell-demon
22-01-09, 22:44
Kane, face it we don't care much for this shoddy game. Let sleeping dogs lie and request the thread be closed.

We play cyberpunk games not WoW wannabe's. Hell, at least WoW is out and has a huuuuuge fan base. This piece of turd is hardly going to be able to compete.

kane
22-01-09, 23:08
Kane, face it we don't care much for this shoddy game. Let sleeping dogs lie and request the thread be closed.

We play cyberpunk games not WoW wannabe's. Hell, at least WoW is out and has a huuuuuge fan base. This piece of turd is hardly going to be able to compete.

[ edited ]

Hell-demon
23-01-09, 00:52
Neocron is still around and also I'm pretty sure xenophobic comments aren't welcome so keep them to yourself.

Mods fucking close this shit.

Lodar
23-01-09, 02:11
I'll give this thread one more chance, but if anyone else decides to troll or advertise and I'll have little choice but to close it.

Hell-demon
23-01-09, 02:15
This thread is ol' yellar just put it out of its misery.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-01-09, 05:12
Off topic from the post and trying use neocron link but to hide it since they said no more links to try to get the post closed I think would be a simple 12 month forum suspension.

Heck maybe I can become a Mod!
i don't think they'd close it without at least checking the link, especially with an asshole like me ;)

kane
23-01-09, 06:37
bah Close the thread I was trying be cheerful but these Punks in this wonderful fairyland pony game don't like Blades and Blood :(

So Close Please ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
23-01-09, 08:30
bah Close the thread I was trying be cheerful but these Punks in this wonderful fairyland pony game don't like Blades and Blood :(

So Close Please ;)
Firstly, I don't think it is needed to put it in bold. I think they would know to lock it if you said it without the bold font action. There is no need to be facetious.

kane
23-01-09, 08:31
Firstly, I don't think it is needed to put it in bold. I think they would know to lock it if you said it without the bold font action. There is no need to be facetious.

you can go fuck off to0 :(

Asurmen Spec Op
23-01-09, 08:33
you can go fuck off to0 :(

:D :D :D

Habrok
23-01-09, 11:48
And so we reach the end of this story. ;)

Closed by Threadstarter.

Thankyou Kindly,

Habrok

Nidhogg
23-01-09, 11:52
Open warning, if you're just going to hang around to cause trouble and shit-talk I'll happily bring the hammer out of retirement; it's starting to go rusty.

N