PDA

View Full Version : Britney, who?

Neallys
13-01-09, 07:45
Heya!

I am going to share a good technique in PvP, that I wanted to post in the Community part of the forum.

A lot of people wonder how to be good at PvPing, a few ask me around, and I never can answer them properly, either they are new or old and trying to perfect their style.

But today, this is about to change. Yes, you heard that right. I have been doing a few fights aorund Plaza2 and other zones like, the wastes, OP fights, or PP1, duel agaisnt Asurmen, and a few others.

And yes. As you may guess, I am PvPing with the american recording artist Britney Spears, background. HAHA! You are mocking me right now. I know what you are going through, I have been there. Acceptance is hard, but, basing myself on my duels and OP fights stats, I really show net improvements in my way of dealing the enemy.

Either because most of Britney's songs are rythmed, or way too lame that I become angry and just begin to get frenzy at PvPing, she seems to give the little "+" in motivation you need.

Finally she isn't that useless! (Anyone thinking a certain type of music improve the way you do PvP? :D)

Asurmen Spec Op
13-01-09, 08:04
Heya!

I am going to share a good technique in PvP, that I wanted to post in the Community part of the forum.

A lot of people wonder how to be good at PvPing, a few ask me around, and I never can answer them properly, either they are new or old and trying to perfect their style.

But today, this is about to change. Yes, you heard that right. I have been doing a few fights aorund Plaza2 and other zones like, the wastes, OP fights, or PP1, duel agaisnt Asurmen, and a few others.

And yes. As you may guess, I am PvPing with the american recording artist Britney Spears, background. HAHA! You are mocking me right now. I know what you are going through, I have been there. Acceptance is hard, but, basing myself on my duels and OP fights stats, I really show net improvements in my way of dealing the enemy.

Either because most of Britney's songs are rythmed, or way too lame that I become angry and just begin to get frenzy at PvPing, she seems to give the little "+" in motivation you need.

Finally she isn't that useless! (Anyone thinking a certain type of music improve the way you do PvP? :D)
what the fuck :p ?
I've found I don't pvp as well to heavy metal, but i really good with trance going

Apocalypsox
13-01-09, 08:04
I just suck at PVP in general, so meh. I don't think Britney Spears can save me now.

naimex
13-01-09, 08:34
what the fuck :p ?
I've found I don't pvp as well to heavy metal, but i really good with trance going

everything is easier with trance or rave :)

EDIT: with the exception of stealth and things that require it.

Powerpunsh
13-01-09, 09:40
I would get angry either if i get raped all the time with sounds like "hit me baby one more time" in the background. :D

But i got repect of this Neally. I mean i could get earcancer of her voice and i advice you to go to the docotor if you got any problems in hearing stuff. Even more if you get suicidal ideations. :angel:

$ir Mafia
13-01-09, 11:01
I wonīt comment your Britney Spears favor, if you PvP better with
it itīs okay for me.Iīll do better with some Black Metal or
Industrial but thats just me i guess.

ideations.
Dude...wtf are you trying to say ? :lol:

Jaffo
13-01-09, 11:09
you guys listen to some shit music!

L0KI
13-01-09, 11:39
I never used to listen to music when PvPing...

I tried a couple of times, but it took me 'out of the zone' so to speak :)

Jodo
13-01-09, 11:47

Whatever, it still makes you gay.

Jaffo
13-01-09, 11:53

/signed

Biglines
13-01-09, 13:04
so.. being better at pvp by having a shitty time listening to things you don't enjoy is more important than actually having a good time?

wow...

NAPPER
13-01-09, 13:59

/Signed

i Listen to either Kings of Leon OR Dragon Force

L0KI
13-01-09, 14:02
I can't seem to listen to Dragon Force without laughing!

It reminds me of WoW...

System of a Down's 'Toxicity' used to work for me many years ago.

Powerpunsh
13-01-09, 14:30
sometimes i listen to some fast hardcoretechno shit. :D
Just be concentrated.

Riddle
13-01-09, 15:19
There has been a little research over the years of Music and it's affects, mostly inconclusive, but it does indicate that Music affects your state of mind and could conceivably have a positive effect on your PvP skills :) or less desirable, a negative effect should you choose the wrong sound track!

However the "trigger" for each of us is invariably different, some like Hardcore, some like Jazz or classsical.......some Britney8|

It's not essentially the BPM that affects you, although this can instill heart rate increase, but more your personal emotional response to the music choice delivering a heightened awareness or excitement.

This awareness or excitement, pushing you to make radical PvP choices that scream of an uber killing spree has been felt by all who have played the likes of CS. That game you cannot forget, where you were on fire! Pwning all and delivering a kill rate, only normally indicative of an Aimbot!

Whatever you can utilise to harness this magic in a bottle, even if it is listening to slightly questionable music, then so be it!!

Jaffo
13-01-09, 16:01

Whatever you can utilise to harness this magic in a bottle, even if it is listening to slightly questionable music, then so be it!!

what about wearing some kind of costume?

Neallys
13-01-09, 17:01

In the rude Neocron world nowadays people seem to think, that, if you loose agaisnt someone in a duel, or get killed, you are the gay one.

With that music background, they all lost.

(I agree, this technique is risky as it can definatly destroy your social life. :lol: )

Kanedax
13-01-09, 17:03
I'd rather suck.

Neallys
13-01-09, 17:07
I'd rather suck.

If listening to Britney Spears might make you become gay, then, you have some issues about discovering what you could, already be :P

Jaffo
13-01-09, 17:36
I'd rather suck.

i thought you sucked cock for rock any way thats why you cant aim, always looking at a mans bush.

flib
13-01-09, 18:38
I can't pvp with music on. I need to be able to hear the game at least to hear my gun shooting and other people shooting me.
I still often end up listening to metal anyways though.

Biglines
13-01-09, 18:49
if u enjoy the music that boosts ur pvp skills then i get it... but having a crappy time just so ur e-penis can grow some more veins is kinda sad...

Kanedax
13-01-09, 19:02
I play NC listening to either classic rock or punk. Sometimes I can bust out some Bone Thugs or Snoop & Dre if the situation calls for it. Also, Neally, I'm not worried about becoming gay at all. Britney Spears is just an abomination against music and I happen to like myself too much to put myself through that kind of dehumanizing torture. I'd rather have a rhinoceros trample my genitals.

nobby
13-01-09, 21:59
Spice Girls always got me rocking 'n' pumping :p

Give it a try :D

Biglines
13-01-09, 22:22
pumpin.. ye :P

Jodo
14-01-09, 01:17
Spice Girls always got me rocking 'n' pumping :p

Give it a try :D

Do you not feel that your sexuality and testosterone levels are questioned enough on this forum without making comments like that?

nobby
14-01-09, 01:48
After the years, you just feel... why hide it... :p

naimex
14-01-09, 02:02
After the years, you just feel... why hide it... :p

Because the police come running after you if you run around in public holding it ....

Powerpunsh
14-01-09, 10:55
http://64.191.61.82/albino_games04/curveball(www.albinoblacksheep.com).swf

Still @ lvln 9. seems to be impossible. :(

Nymphette79
14-01-09, 12:35
I actually quite enjoy the Neocron music.
But if im playing anything else its either KoL or 30 Seconds to Mars

Terror_Nonne
15-01-09, 11:35
hm, no pvp, no music...
empty wastes sux

rob444
15-01-09, 13:52
All the years I've been playing multiplayer FPS games I can tell you from my own experience that you are playing your best if you are relaxed. So having music in the background that you like will probably add some relaxation.
Try to avoid getting adrenaline rushes when the situation is getting HOT, it'll just make your aim shaky and you will become jumpy.

Neallys
15-01-09, 14:01
All the years I've been playing multiplayer FPS games I can tell you from my own experience that you are playing your best if you are relaxed. So having music in the background that you like will probably add some relaxation.
Try to avoid getting adrenaline rushes when the situation is getting HOT, it'll just make your aim shaky and you will become jumpy.

Usually I listen to Keane which is a band I really like while I do PvP, or either Coldplay. I don't know it's just weird sometimes when you are like unstopable, just because you listen to music :P

Sharper Blade
15-01-09, 14:39
I find listening to death metal is alot better

Kalonji Faya
15-01-09, 15:10
I usually listen to californian hardcore drum'n bass, french hardtek, hardcore, and frenchore ... maybe thats why I suck at pvp : music is too violent, my aim won't follow :D

Cerbious
16-01-09, 02:00
Muse, Linkin Park usally did the trick for me for pvp.

Though there a shed load of songs that remind me of playing NC and diferent things ie:

Outkast, Roses: Being a member of SSC and the fallen angel alliance running around TH.

Outkast, Hey Ya: Warbot hunting with my spy for weeks on end.

Black Eye Peas, Where is the Love: Warbot hunting again with my spy.

Rasmus, in the shadows: When my clan had a sniper group that tormented CRP for a while.

Not the best tunes but they was all getting spammed on the radio while i was unemployed and lived and breathed NC. Now if i ever hear them i think of those exact times.

does n e one else have songs like that, that remind u of hunting or something?

Powerpunsh
16-01-09, 09:43

Various tracks of DJ Nosferatu, Endymion, Neophyte, lenny dee etc. As more names are in a tracklist so much the better is the track. :D
Lvld in F_13 with the Scott Brown and sharkey cd of bonkers 13.

maus
16-01-09, 10:10

Well.. I was listening to Justin Timberlake sometimes while playing NC..

So everytime I hear one of his songs memories of the good old days will catch up.

Kalonji Faya
16-01-09, 10:19
Damn, maus, your sig is soooooo true !!

btw anybody listening to ultragaystektonik while playing NC ?! :D :D :D

edit : remember the intro screens of NC1 wit a big logo "Tekktonik" dunno exactly how it was written but they had a premonition O_o

Jaffo
16-01-09, 10:36
the strokes / stone roses / libertines remind me of better times in nc 1. Everytime i listen to the strokes it reminds me of when the doy tunnels were first released and rusing there to go explore