PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game

VerbalPEZ
07-01-09, 20:25
I do remember some names but I have always been a bit low key and hardly memorable... I was in Neocron from beta until the trashed my wife's PPU about 6 months after... I pop in every now and then as this really is a good game and the genere I would like to play in... I wish it would get the love it deserves from the higher-up to properly update it.

Anyhow... its the right price for me and the wife to try again...

I was hoping to get a bit of a head start from you guys... The old way to level was rat grinding in the sewers... didnt matter if you were solo or grouped. Here's my questions:

Is there a magic combo of classes that work well to level fast? My wife and I like douing. Is there a good leveling guide?

Is grinding, questing, fishing, ???, the best way to level effectively?

Is there a _way under powered_ class?

Is there a _way overpowered_ class?

How are Droners? I have a *** in NC1... wish I still had access to him :( He I miss piling up belts out in front of MB for my clannies to collect.

How is piloting now? I remember starting a driver right after launch only to realize its limited potential.

I am English... Is Terra the one and only server I should play on? Is it the most populated?

Is there a Faction I should go for considering limited pops? I would like to be in the mix not in some faction with little to no action.

What is the general political atmosphere like? Are there a couple of major clans to look out for? Good/Bad?

I am sure I'll think of more... :)

Biglines
07-01-09, 20:41
spies level fastest on drones, after that come tanks

as for factions, find ur self a clan and they'll prolly just let u in, lots of different smaller clans atm, used to be tangent the biggest, but that kinda died I think

http://wiki.techhaven.org for more information about ingame stuff tbh

RavinX13
07-01-09, 21:17
Go rifle or pistol spy, until you get your Dex close to 20. Then LOM and go drone (I found out last night the first few drones are crap).

Although I do really like my HT rifle Spy as well. I did a bunch of research missions and got my dex up to where I could get the Slowfire Laser Rifle and from then on leveling is pretty easy. I can solo the Abandoned Cellar lvl 4 with the Aggies in it. Quick-kill missions for the Aggie Captains pay well in XP and cash. Got my Dex and int into the 20s my first night out.

VerbalPEZ
07-01-09, 21:30
Is there a good complementary class with that? The wife will want to play something that works with whatever I do... PPUs work with drones? Or should I say screw it and roll a gen tank? Tank + PPU = pwn?

btw... I loved my droner back in the day. What subclasses well with that? I ran a lot of hacking and could hack OPs easily with my droner...

sorry for the questions... at work but obsessing to play.

RavinX13
07-01-09, 21:44
I have been the same way all week. I found this game about a year back but was busy with school and an internship and didn't have time to play. It got put on the back burner when AoC, then WAR came out as my guild played them. Interest died out quick (most of the guys I game with are my age, late 20s early 30s, and are all falling out of gaming due to families and careers).

NAPPER
08-01-09, 01:56
HC - Tank and PPU work very well together

RavinX13
08-01-09, 02:10
K3Jeff Dunam