PDA

View Full Version : [OT] wireless help needed

Nymphette79
03-01-09, 20:26
Ok so I have a laptop, a netgear router, a PC & a USB thingy.
Ive done all what the wizard told me to do, by some miracle I managed to find the WEP number it asked for & my laptop says its connected but I cant open any web pages & the little 2 computer icon at bottom right of screen only has 1 screen lit up.
This is only on the laptop, the PC has no 2 comp icon at all.

Thats as far as I can take myself so would appreciate any help. :confused:

TIA
xxx

Garfield
03-01-09, 20:30
right click on the network icons and check the settings trie repair/restore connection

mby check your firewall antivir aswell

also netgear router are a bit tricky to setup check the default settings aswell

Nymphette79
03-01-09, 20:44
Ive done the firewall
I just tried repairing it from the PC & I got this

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed

Clearing NetBT

HOG
03-01-09, 21:54
lots of computer problems lately :D. so you have connectivity on the PC with your wireless USB adapter, but not on the laptop? Some stupid things you can try before you go into anything deeper...be sure your wireless antennas are pointed straight up and try connecting to the wireless network a few feet from the wireless router.

hold your mouse over the half lit computer icon and it should give you a message. report back O_o

Nymphette79
03-01-09, 22:57
All sorted ty, a friend came round & sorted it in exchange for me doing his laundry lol, apparently I needed to set it to WPA not WEP :confused: ( I tried to look like I understood).
One thing tho, damn laptops get hot!!
Thanks for all your help
xxx

HOG
03-01-09, 23:04
nice :)