PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Nobby is a bizarre case - according to sky!

nobby
02-01-09, 23:37
My internet has seemingly weirdly gone up the shitter...

I can web surf, use skype, vent, msn, however if i try to connect to a game or MMO, or PS3.
I get "timed out" or "authorization error" or "server is currently down for maintainence, please try again later"
I can't watch videos on youtube.
I can browse sites on my PS3, yet can't connect to the "playstation network" to play online
I phoned up Sky Broadband, the guy said i'm a bizarre case O_o
the guy got me to set up a DMZ, which didn't fix it :(

I've done myself a port scan, as seen here -> http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8352/portscanlx4.png

I ain't got a damn clue what to do :(

I was only playing project entropia earlier... got weird lag spikes then soon nothing works.

naimex
03-01-09, 00:57
have you checked to see if the router reset itself?

might have lost all the port settings or something.

tried unplugging the internet for 10 minutes and putting it back up?

Setlec
03-01-09, 05:39
reboot the router, sometimes it fix the problem. or check with your ISP.

Powerpunsh
03-01-09, 05:50
Did the guy check your connection? There could be a blockage in your conductor.
Or some of your hardware is damaged, like the modem or router.

Another problem could be your provider. Is your provider any kind of a reseller?

HOG
03-01-09, 06:27
umm im not sure of your network config but it seems you have your DNS server set to your router. Try to let your ISP assign the DNS server, see if that helps. Also if you are unsure if it is the router or your PC that is the cause of the problem, remove your router for a day or two and plug your PC directly into your cable modem. (of what ever u use for your internet) If things work, you know the problem is in your router. If things still dont work, then you have deeper problems. Hope some of this info is helpful.