PDA

View Full Version : Christmas event

Izeo
28-12-08, 20:26
First of all, happy holidays to everyone, hope everyone does something cool for New Years. I'm going to see an old friend (who has moved one state north) with two other friends and probably get wasted on New Years. :D

Secondly, I want to thank the GMs for doing any kind of holiday event for their NC subscribers at all. It is really a cool thing to do.

I'm a little bummed out I couldn't participate in these events. I actually WAS at Blakkmist and saw the event, it's just, I'm not capped, so I couldn't do anything except watch others have fun fighting. I'm at about /46 or so with DEX (spy) of 62 or so, so no PA. I was being careful to stay out of aggro ranges of the spawned DOY cyborgs just kinda watching and talking, and then another spawn - flying kri'nahk bat, kinda right next to the fence I was hiding behind bombarded me with one poison ball which killed me. :)

I don't care that I died - I die a lot. I'm just a little disappointed that this is was a christmas event, yet to participate you had to be high level, anyone else would die in a couple hits. At first the message was "Sleigh crashed in the wastelands, go find my presents!" So at first I thought that was awesome!! I thought a GM had maybe spawned crates or little present boxes in scattered places in the wastelands, with good equipment in them, and everyone would have to wander around looking for them. There was actually an event like this a long time ago on NC Pluto. I ended up finding one crate of monk spells on my only char, a Tank, and I never even knew about the event! :P Although I couldn't use the spells, I was still happy I found something!

But then, the GM then announced "Go to Blakkmist!" so that hmm.. ruined it a little for me, since now it seemed to become a race - the person that gets out there the fastest (fastest vehicle, players without vehicles now seem screwed), gets to loot the boxes. But then it turned out to be a mob spawn at Blakmmist, of high level mobs.

Since not all subscribers primary goal is aiming, and do not all know the tricks to capping in 2 days like some have mentioned, and not all have played as long as others, I think the events like these should be targeted at a broader range of levels instead of the capped or near-capped players.

Hiding stuff in random spots in the wasteland or dungeons would be cool! Especially some of those never-traveled areas like Mainsewer or Secret Passage, or some of the OZ zones. What about that VERY bottom section of Military base that no one has a point to go to except for quest NPCs? Or some of those random towers or outposts that don't have official names on the world map, like those caged in houses along the northwest beaches and stuff. Or out in the middle of some dunes in the desert. Even low-level leveling zones like the TH cores and the Plaza sewers. There's so many Plaza sewer zones lol.

Could do the crate thing (maybe make em look like small present boxes?), or maybe spawn some special NPCs which give you X amount of XP to all skill levels or a certain one (i.e. have a Spy-model looking npc give you Dex and Int psi, say "Happy holidays!" (or something more interesting) and de-spawn after one use (or else it'd be farmed infinitely of course)). Maybe even have a global message that appears when one is found. "(player) found (npc name) in (zone) for (xp amount) XP!"

This way, as long as you have a vehicle (or even if you don't), everyone would have a chance to get -something-.

Hell what about level-specific NPCs even? You can only see them if you are within a certain level range, like 0-24, 25-48, 49-capped) and if you find one of the 0-24 npcs on a capped char, the char simply doesn't show up? -- this way this NPC who gives an amount of XP which is next to nothing to a near capped player, would still be available to a low-level character, who the "smaller" amount of XP would be really valuable to. The reason I think you shouldn't be able to see them at all if you are out of level range, is because, let's say I'm near capped, and I find one of the low level NPCs, and I can see him, but when I talk to him he says, "Merry Christmas! Sorry but you are too high level to gain experience from me!" I would just log on a lower level and go get him, so it's still unfair in that regard. On the other hand, what if a low-level finds a high-level NPC and sees him? Wouldn't that suck if you actually found an NPC and then it says you aren't high enough level to use him? lol

Anyway, just trying to think of ideas to make an event like this more for all players. I think it would be more fun, and fair. Thanks :)

Biglines
29-12-08, 02:47
agreed, but I think the reasoning will be that 99% of the players has a capped char. Still I totally agree with u, as it would be also friendlier towards pulling in new players, or at least letting new players stick around..