PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Hacknet PK - looking for explanation

Matt M.
28-12-08, 03:20
A couple days ago I was on my character Mister M, currently a member of ProtoPharm, and was farming for rare code on TH Bridge with the CityAdmin player Ripperdoc, who also uses the characters Loose Wire, Live Wire, and Silk. A rank 47 ProtoPharm player named [ edited ] attacked us unprovoked and killed us both, despite the two of us having ranks in the high 50s.

This was the second time this player had attacked and killed me in HackNet, and this time I managed to Fraps a short part of it. Unfortunately youtube wouldn't upload it in the original format so I had to convert it, making the clip very low quality.

However the video does not need to be high quality for you to see what disturbs me about it. [ edited ] hits extremely consistenly, 100% of the time it appears. I found the HN weapon difficult to use on a moving target since there's a delay between the time you click the mouse to the time the weapon actually fires. Furthermore [ edited ] hitting me even when her character is facing the opposite direction. [ edited ]I need advice from more experienced players on this.

Here's a link to the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxzXHCa8toc
I'll try to get a better quality version of the clip uploaded as soon as possible.

This video also raises another concern, there's no consequence to unprovoked killing of friendly factions in Hacknet. Since Hacknet is a battlefield sector there is no SL or sympth penalty for killing players from the same faction or allied factions. I agree that quickbelts shouldn't drop in HN, but there also needs to be some consequence to senseless PKing.

silent000
28-12-08, 03:32
In my experience that looked liked a decent and honest kill, HackNet is a whole new playing style imo, I played with HackNet a while back and enjoyed it alot.

I think that hacknet should stay the way it is in the form of beign a battlefield sector like you said, quickbelts do not drop in Hacknet so it evens it out a bit + it makes it much more fun

nobby
28-12-08, 03:56
The video looks great now that they replaced the "high quality" button with "HD" ^^

I think it looks like a normal kill here, maybe the person used 3rd person to get more accurate hits (However i think this depends on playing style and not increased skill for 3rd and 1st) also the part where he hits you facing the opposite way I think is bad netcode catching up in a sorta server lag.

I could be wrong, I think he just got lucky on you this time, good luck in Future.

I remember "moving" from neocron to Hacknet years ago and it was such a nice safe quiet relaxing haven for me rather than being chased constantly around the NC city "Hey you're that cunt Nobby from Pluto, I remember what you did " BANG BANG BANG.

It's nice to see more people using hacknet for what it was meant for and not leaving it to mellow on its own.

maybe a "rez" or "file Restorator" attack should be bought into hacknet...

Seems such a long run sometimes if you're a victim to PK or otherwise.

Lodar
28-12-08, 11:49
Theres a few things wrong with this thread. If you suspect a player is cheating then by all means email exploits@neocron.com with your evidence. To create a thread on the forum casually implying the person who killed you may be a cheat is a very damaging accusation. If you have irrefutable proof the player did cheat, this should be resolve by contacting the above email address. It is never something to be discussed on the forums.

Also please note that we do not allow 'naming and shaming' of players on these boards. The player in question may now be subject to unfair harassment because his/her name has been publicly posted. If foul play is involved, then email Reakktor and the matter will be dealt with internally. If this was a normal PK then gather your buddies and seek revenge the good old fashioned way (i.e. ingame!) ;)

Thread closed.