PDA

View Full Version : Weapons constantly fire

Asurmen Spec Op
24-12-08, 07:34
So I've been trying to play recently and I've been running into an extremely annoying bug.
Here is what happens:
After playing for a bit, weapons will constantly fire, as if the game thinks MB1 is still down.
Here is what I know:
I think it is related to ventrilo, it doesn't seem to happen when I don't talk on Ventrilo, but the time is kind of random so I'm not sure. Not using vent is not an option. Plus it used to work so...
If I change Fire from Mouse1 to something on the keyboard it doesn't do it.
Here is what I have done(read this before you give advice):
File Integrity Checks
Deleting/Reinstalling
Getting old version of ventrilo
Getting old version of setpoint

So, ideas would be nice.

Kalonji Faya
24-12-08, 10:19
man thats strange 8|

on vent, do you hit a key to speak? or is it by voice activation ? if its by key hitting, have you tried voice activation?

good luck with your pb :)

SilentEye
24-12-08, 10:23
Now that sounds like an annoying bug!

I think the first thing you should figure out is wether Neocron is fucking up or Ventrilo is.

This might be crazy, but have you tried a different mouse?

Try selecting icons on the background of your desktop and see if it also occurs there.

Last I can think of, check the settings of Ventrilo. I've only got experience with TeamSpeak but I assume that also with Ventrilo you can do some sort of keymapping?

Goodluck solving your problem!

Asurmen Spec Op
24-12-08, 10:51
man thats strange 8|

on vent, do you hit a key to speak? or is it by voice activation ? if its by key hitting, have you tried voice activation?

good luck with your pb :)
PTT, I have tried multiple keys.
Voice activation is something I have no will to do.
It has worked fine with vent before, and I installed the older version of vent and still no luck

Now that sounds like an annoying bug!

I think the first thing you should figure out is wether Neocron is fucking up or Ventrilo is.

This might be crazy, but have you tried a different mouse?

Try selecting icons on the background of your desktop and see if it also occurs there.

Last I can think of, check the settings of Ventrilo. I've only got experience with TeamSpeak but I assume that also with Ventrilo you can do some sort of keymapping?

Goodluck solving your problem!

I should have said it. The mouse works fine in everything else, otherwise I wouldn't be on the forums ;).
I've been using Vent for a long time now and have tried all the key settings in there, still no luck

Riddle
24-12-08, 11:01
Assman you be punding to hard again ;)

Logan.

SilentEye
24-12-08, 11:38
Wow that's really an odd problem then.

Check your keysettings .INI file in Neocron, maybe you can find something weird there?

Can you recognize the button getting stuck when or after you perform a certain action in-game or is it really really random?

:confused: Odd problem!

Asurmen Spec Op
24-12-08, 11:46
Wow that's really an odd problem then.

Check your keysettings .INI file in Neocron, maybe you can find something weird there?

Can you recognize the button getting stuck when or after you perform a certain action in-game or is it really really random?

:confused: Odd problem!
Random actually, sometimes it happens a while after I've fired.

SilentEye
24-12-08, 13:14
Is there any way you can play some time without Ventrilo to make 100% sure it's not a problem with Ventrilo? :cool:

flib
24-12-08, 17:52
I use one of the buttons on my mouse to push to talk for Vent and Mumble. Have you tried closing SetPoint altogether? I think SetPoint has caused problems for me before, so I just stopped using it.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-12-08, 20:48
I use one of the buttons on my mouse to push to talk for Vent and Mumble. Have you tried closing SetPoint altogether? I think SetPoint has caused problems for me before, so I just stopped using it.
Tried it

Is there any way you can play some time without Ventrilo to make 100% sure it's not a problem with Ventrilo? :cool:
I did, but again since the time is kinda random I can't be sure it is related to Vent, I just have a hunch

For my Setpoint I have the Left Button(G7) bound to alt because that is my PTT, however I tried removing all binds, running without setpoint etc.
Edit:
I am running Vista x64, fyi.
UAC is off, the game has ran perfectly before on this same install, so I highly doubt Vista is to blame.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-12-08, 22:02
Some more info:
It does not do anything in RPOS mode
It is NOT my mouse, it is not global, it is just in Neocron
It only does it if fire is bound to MB1

Ground_Round
25-12-08, 23:57
If you remove all those hack and cheat scripts you should be fine.

Asurmen Spec Op
26-12-08, 00:03
If you remove all those hack and cheat scripts you should be fine.
Yes, that 'cheat script' called an Operating System?

NAPPER
26-12-08, 03:00
if ur on vista i had a problem with if i had any spell up it would keep casting but then i just ran everything on admin and it sorted it not sure what it sorted but now i only cast the spells everytime i hit the button and thats it

Moustik
26-12-08, 03:03
I had the same problem before, even contacted the support who told me to use my keyboard instead :wtf: , i think is is some software causing this bug, i've tried to close all the software running in background before launching NC and sometimes it worked, but then the next time i launch NC when i click my mouse button it fires automaticaly again .... so i gave up and am still using my keyboard to fire :confused:

Do you have IDM on your PC, i thought it was this program causing the bug...

Asurmen Spec Op
26-12-08, 05:02
I had the same problem before, even contacted the support who told me to use my keyboard instead :wtf: , i think is is some software causing this bug, i've tried to close all the software running in background before launching NC and sometimes it worked, but then the next time i launch NC when i click my mouse button it fires automaticaly again .... so i gave up and am still using my keyboard to fire :confused:

What is IDM?

Asurmen Spec Op
26-12-08, 05:32

I'd like to thank you for your post, though I don't know what IDM is, it reminded me of the Language bar, which I have installed.
After removing all the other keyboard languages, it appears to be fixed.

Moustik
26-12-08, 09:10
IDM is Internet Download Manager, and with your previous post you might have fixed my problem, i will try this out tonight and delete all the language bars that i've installed. Thanks :)