PDA

View Full Version : [Preview] Custom HUD

SilentEye
24-12-08, 02:49
Hey fokes,

Just started working on my own custom mod. I'm trying to design a very clean and simply HUD that has some points that should look like the NC1 HUD.

Hope it's OK to post a screenshot like this. Might be a lot of people who don't like a clean HUD like this but, hope you do like it!

http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hudpreviewry8.jpg

BlackMaze

Isec
24-12-08, 05:09
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z10/CdH_Isec/Client2008-12-2404-05-27-55.jpg

Here is my Hud with Christmas tree :D

SilentEye
24-12-08, 09:22
Yeah well this thread is not for your HUD, it's for my HUD.

Shoo! :mad:

Kalonji Faya
24-12-08, 10:45
I like your HUD !! It's really soft and clean ! If you finish it could you send it to me ?!

btw : you're a spy and you don't use NANITES 8| 8| 8|

kalonji

SilentEye
24-12-08, 10:53
Hey,

If I finish the HUD, I'd like to make it official and get it hosted on the website so everyone can download it! :D

I only got back to Neocron very recently and have no idea how nanites work? 8|

Riddle
24-12-08, 11:08
Very Nice mr Silenteye :)

SilentEye
24-12-08, 11:12
Thank you Mr. Riddle :D

Kalonji Faya
24-12-08, 11:17
about nanites : you have to poke and have hitech skill to use injectors ...
look at www.techhaven.org/db for the reqs for injectors and the different nanites you can use and their effects ^^ and if you want dm kalona, my rifle spy ingame ^^

back to topic : nice work, if your HUD is official be sure I'll advertise it !!

it look likes the HUD of old "twilight war" screens no ?! :p

kalonji

SilentEye
24-12-08, 11:36
Like this?

http://images.mmorpgfreeonlinegames.com/images/shot/water/86/8.jpg

Maybe only a little :D

I know I have to look into the nanites but I haven't really gotten to the point where I need them yet :)

I either solo warbots or fight Regants with a friend, so I don't ever get hit anyway :D

Kalonji Faya
24-12-08, 11:58
trust me regants mobs and wbs are easy compared to other creatures you can meet in the wastelands and you'd be happy to have nanites if you meet some grim chaser, or decayed horror !!

about the screenshot : thats exactly what I was thinking of ! :p :p

Continue working on your HUD ! I want it soon ! :p

kalonji

SilentEye
24-12-08, 12:50
I'll do my best, truelly, just with christmas and all don't expect to many updates!

I did hunt some fire mobs with a friend, but when he left and I was left to take all the agro, I soon found out I'd rather leave the mobs alone and go back to warbots hahaha!

Maybe nanites would've saved me in this case.

Brammers
24-12-08, 20:49
@Isec - Delete your post and start a new thread with your HUD!

@SilentEye - I'm guessing it's early days in the design, but I'm liking what I've seen so far.

SilentEye
24-12-08, 22:23
Thanks Brammers,

What you've seen above I made yesterday evening from about 10:00PM to 02:00AM.

I'm slow :D

Took me some time to come up with a good design though, so now that I have got things running I should be able to get it going.

Not working on it right now though, too much people over :p

Michael Corvin
25-12-08, 00:58
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z10/CdH_Isec/Client2008-12-2404-05-27-55.jpg

Here is my Hud with Christmas tree :D

Your HUD? o_O
I don`t think so....

It`s not very nice to Post something like that into another Designers Preview Thread...
To do it with a Screen of my HUD won`t make it better!

@Silent
Looks very nice and unique... Less is more :)

Asurmen Spec Op
25-12-08, 01:07
Your HUD? o_O
I don`t think so....

It`s not very nice to Post something like that into another Designers Preview Thread...
To do it with a Screen of my HUD won`t make it better!

@Silent
Looks very nice and unique... Less is more :)
Dude I love your HUD, <3

Kalonji Faya
26-12-08, 10:27
back to topic, keep working on it silent eye ! don't forget I'm waiting for your HUD !!

but take your time éh ! and I'm sure you'll make TEH RPOS !

good luck with your HUD customisation !

Kalonji

SilentEye
27-12-08, 15:07
Hey,

The HUD might be delayed a little bit.

Got Call of Duty: World at Wat and Mirror's Edge for X-Mas 8|

Cheers,

SilentEye

Isec
27-12-08, 23:40
Dude I love your HUD, <3

I Love my HUD too :D :D

SilentEye
30-12-08, 01:39
Alrighty then,

Here I am with another update. I just finished the left top window where your zone, time an map is displayed.

At the moment it seems as if the basic part of the HUD is finished, how ever I have my doubts about the item slots on the right side.

Are they too advanced now, when viewing the rest of the HUD? Should I simplify them?

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview.jpg

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview2.jpg

Please leave your feedback! :D

SilentEye

Biglines
30-12-08, 04:25
yes, they dont fit with the rest, the other planes u have just one straight line, while the quickbelt has the complicated lines all around. I'd just add the same style as the rest

SilentEye
30-12-08, 11:42
Alright, I'll work on it tonight :D

SilentEye
30-12-08, 20:54
Can someone tell me which image holds the scroll bar found within the chat window and inventory window?

Been searching all over but can't seem to find it! :lol:

SilentEye
31-12-08, 02:09
Alright, revised the quick belt on the right side.

Tell me what you like more, the interupted line, or the un-interupted line:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview3.jpg

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview4.jpg

Thanks for checking! :D

StevenJ
31-12-08, 02:24
That's looking very, very sexy indeed :D

For the record, I prefer the solid line. Less fuss and "eye-work" :)

Few suggestions.. (never looked into HUD mods before, so pls forgive me if I'm wrong)

A quick note, from a usability point of view... how about reducing the size of the HLT/STA/PSI labels? The info shown above is more important (as experienced players - i.e. most players - know what goes where) and the labels take up as much height as the indicators, adding to clutter :)

Similarly, I'd consider removing the "STATUS" message. You're into UI design now, and basically - show people what they need to see at a glance, and keep distractions to a low.

I'll definitely use this once you're releasing.

- oh, and a good runner would kill that BT guy :angel:

SilentEye
31-12-08, 09:37
Unfortunately the HLT, STA, PSI, money numbers and soullight numbers are not generated through the editable images.

They are drawn onto the HUD real time just like the messages in the left top that indicate your zone and time (hence the difference in font with the rest of the HUD).

Check any other HUD (or the original HUD) and you will notice that HLT, STA and PSI are always in the same spot and size :(

I can only change the 'status' text (which I'll concider removing if anyone else agrees?) and the 'local time:' in the left top.

Also, the 'status' text I added there because else I have this empty space there. Visualize that and tell me if you still like it :)

I also agree with the solid line for the quickbelt, looks much nicer, however some friends in RL like the interupted line better, so now I'm confused! :confused:

Thanks for your feedback! :D

Kalonji Faya
31-12-08, 10:28
yeah ! QB is nicer now !!

just a little thing : on chat windows, and vicinity windows we cant see the little box that allow us to shrink or stretch the windows ^^ dont forget to put a lil box or somting to change the windows sizes !!

your HUD roxxx !! I'll use thsi one tooo !!

you have a MP ^^

kalonji

SilentEye
31-12-08, 10:54
Actually, the little arrow is there. I made a small transparent arrow pointing up. It's seen at the chat window and the vicinity window.

It's not very visible, on purpose, since it takes away the solid look of the HUD.

I trust people will know where to point their mouse though, then they will see the arrow :D

Which lines do you think I should use Kalonji? Interupted or un-interupted?

Kalonji Faya
31-12-08, 11:34
I didn't notice the arrow :/
and even when I try I can't see it but that's not a big pb ^^

and excuse me but I don't understand what lines you are talking about :confused:

I'm french so I don't understand everything :/
anyway I'm happy you ask our opinion, If I can help in any way I'll do it ^^

kalonji

SilentEye
31-12-08, 11:49
Check the quickbelt in both the pictures and see the difference with the line on the right side.

The first picture has the line interupted for all the slots. The second picture has one line stretched from top to bottom.

What do you like best? :D

Of course I want your opinions, I'm not going to make a HUD that noone likes haha, I want people to use it! And that means of course it will have to be in both you and my own likings :D

Biglines
31-12-08, 13:18
they both have their pros, the individual lines look nicer, but the common line makes it into one element, which it is. Consistency wise, I'd go for the common line.

SilentEye
31-12-08, 13:21
So what is your vote Bigline's?

Right now (without your vote) it's 2 vs 2 :p

Biglines
31-12-08, 13:24
ah uhm, consistency wise is for me always the way to go lol, sorry, insider talk prolly, so the uninterrupted line

Kalonji Faya
31-12-08, 14:12
I agree with biglines on the line thingy : QB is one global element
but isn't the goal of the RPOS being the nicest one ?!

If you wanna make a nice RPOS : individual lines
if you wanna make credible one : uninterrupted line ...

thank you for asking us, but don't forget you have the power of making the final choice :D

good luck with that !

kalonji

ps : I'm at work too, so I won't be able to send you the RPOS thingys before this week-end I think ...

SilentEye
31-12-08, 15:21
Dang, now I'm really fucked as what to do! 8|

Just don't know! :(

Kalonji Faya
31-12-08, 16:24
well, I just looked at the screenies for 5 minutes and finally I can say I prefer individual lines ...

it looks nicer, and after all isn't it the purpose of a RPOS mod ?!

I really prefer the individual ones ^^

kalonji

SilentEye
31-12-08, 17:00
Well, I've been asking around at work and it makes 5 vs 2 in favor of individual lines.

Individual lines it is!

flib
31-12-08, 19:11
I love the simplistic nature of this RPOS, it's very nice. I especially like what you did with the status indicators.
I also prefer the individual lines.

I think that some of the parts of the HUD look kind of strange. I think they could use another solid line along the edge.
For example: the one at the top-left could use one right under where it says GPS-TRACKING.

SilentEye
01-01-09, 16:20
I'll look into that Flib, do you recommend I do the same with the other windows?

[EDIT]

Just did what you suggested but I must admit I didn't like it, so I removed it again! Tranks for the feedback though and keep it coming!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview5.jpg

SilentEye

Biglines
01-01-09, 16:49
nah, the solid line was nice when it was only one side, tis a visual anchor, now it's more intrusive

flib
01-01-09, 20:06
For the stationary windows shown in your screenshots, I like it that way; the other way it looks like a work in progress to me. For the other windows, I'd say just one at the top is effective, since they can be put anywhere in the screen.

SilentEye
02-01-09, 09:52
For the stationary windows shown in your screenshots, I like it that way; the other way it looks like a work in progress to me. For the other windows, I'd say just one at the top is effective, since they can be put anywhere in the screen.
Alrighty, gonna work on that tonight, been playing around with the inventory to start with but no screenshots yet :D

I'll try and make a lil update tonight! :cool:

Izeo
04-01-09, 07:00
Just wanted to say this looks awesome. I'll use it when it's finished.

The only thing I would change is the health/sta/psi bars. Would keep the shape the same, but I'd make them solid bars.. hmm... you know like the bar in the processor window, when you are building something or getting an imp done, it's a dark background with a solid limegreen bar that fills up. I'd go for that exact design, except the only difference would be that the dark green background bar would be semi transparent like the rest of the hud (but the filled in solid limegreen health would be opaque)

The only reason I'd prefer a smooth one piece bar for those counters is that they are slightly more accurate than dividing the HP bars into chunks like that

flib
04-01-09, 20:51
It might actually be cool if you removed the solid lines at the edges all-together. I'd have to see it though.

SilentEye
04-01-09, 20:51
Izeo, thanks for your suggestion, I've been thinking about the same but some friends here told me not to bother.

Anyone else that likes the idea? I'll work on it if other people would like it too. Shoudn't be a problem to make either :D

Biglines
04-01-09, 21:07
totally gone would be like a ghost hud, while atm its a hud with seethrough parts of the design... don't think it would seem right

SilentEye
04-01-09, 22:13
Oh shit, I didn't read the post about removing the lines. I'm not going to remove them, I like them too much.

I was talking about the health bars, making them solid instead of seperate lines.

SilentEye
05-01-09, 10:37
Am thinking of removing the line below the chat window, might look a bit nicer.

Will work on the R.P.O.S. mode windows tonight as well. Just a lil update of what we're at now still:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview3.jpg

SilentEye :p

Kalonji Faya
05-01-09, 10:56
yeah ^^ I'm happy you removed the additional lines on vicinity, chat and gps tracker windows !!

keep on doing it this way mate !!

meh official silent eye RPOS fan !! :D

kalonji

SilentEye
05-01-09, 10:58
Haha, cool :D

Kalonji what do you do for work? You're always on just as me! :D

Kalonji Faya
05-01-09, 11:04
I'm managing an association in my city that provides to members helpdesk, cheap computers, and some more services ^^ So am all day long behind my computer monitor ! ;) and you ?!!! you're on too all day long lol :p

kalonji

SilentEye
05-01-09, 11:10
Dell technical support how may I help you? :D

PS. You're user title on the forum, lol, hahaha! :D

Doc Holliday
05-01-09, 15:16
Dell technical support how may I help you? :D

PS. You're user title on the forum, lol, hahaha! :D

*affects a western drawl*

"its a dirty job but somebodies gotta do it!"

SilentEye
05-01-09, 15:18
That's a mean thing to say! :(

Kalonji Faya
05-01-09, 15:26
No, from a western fan, its a congratz ^^ :D

thanks for the sig ^^ now you just have to release the RPOS :D

Just kidding, take your time, you are on the good way imo !

kalonji

Brammers
05-01-09, 16:25
Even though the HUD is simple in design, it still looking vey good.

Not sure which one I prefer. (ie the one with the line at the bottom of the local window or the one without... tricky one!)

SilentEye
05-01-09, 17:24
Tonight first some Mirrors Edge then a major update for the HUD, including a lil test on a full health bar instead of little bars! :)

Jodo
05-01-09, 20:52
I like your design and will likely have a little dabble once you release it. Keep up the good work.

SilentEye
06-01-09, 09:42
Thanks!

Sorry I didn't get to push any updates last night, Mirrors Edge kept me going longer then I thought! :rolleyes:

Izeo
06-01-09, 14:15
I liked this one the best -- http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview5.jpg
except, if it were me and I did go with this one, I would get rid of the line on the left of the locked quickbelt slot, so the only lines are the 'outer frame' of the entire HUD

If you end up doing the one with less lines, I'd say yes, remove the line on the bottom of the chat window, and have the only lines be vertical ones on the far left and right sides of the screen. Would still also consider removing that extra line at the locked quickbelt slot in this case too, since, although it serves the purpose of making that slot look more important, kinda takes away from the.. hmm.. symmetry isn't exactly the word but, sort of. Looks a little weird since that is the only spot on the HUD where a line is not on the outer edge.

Overall of course it's awesome, you've no idea how much more I like it than the normal Nc2 hud. I would like those little grabby arrows to be more visible but can't think of how. Maybe they're visible enough ingame when everything else is moving except for the hud.

SilentEye
06-01-09, 14:25
I liked this one the best -- http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview5.jpg
except, if it were me and I did go with this one, I would get rid of the line on the left of the locked quickbelt slot, so the only lines are the 'outer frame' of the entire HUD

If you end up doing the one with less lines, I'd say yes, remove the line on the bottom of the chat window, and have the only lines be vertical ones on the far left and right sides of the screen. Would still also consider removing that extra line at the locked quickbelt slot in this case too, since, although it serves the purpose of making that slot look more important, kinda takes away from the.. hmm.. symmetry isn't exactly the word but, sort of. Looks a little weird since that is the only spot on the HUD where a line is not on the outer edge.

Overall of course it's awesome, you've no idea how much more I like it than the normal Nc2 hud. I would like those little grabby arrows to be more visible but can't think of how. Maybe they're visible enough ingame when everything else is moving except for the hud.
Thanks for all the critisim! :D

I will go with just the vertical lines, I think it looks cooler. How ever I think you've slightly misunderstood the vertical line on the left side of the number 1 slot.

That vertical line is actually displaying the selected item, if you press for example number two the line will move down to show that the item in slot 2 is selected.

You think it's no cool? :(

The arrows that function as the stretching for chat and local window are actually not very visible. I did this on purpose to make sure that the RPOS stays as symmatric as possible.

If there's more people that would want I make for example a single horizontal line just below the arrow, or a border all around it, just lemme know and I'll try it out! :D

Riddle
06-01-09, 15:34
Looks ALL good to me........ apart from training the reticle on a BIOTECH EMPLOYEE!

*Opens the cabinet and looks at his Rifle.....nah not this time...everyone deserves a second chance

SilentEye
06-01-09, 15:36
:D :p

SilentEye
07-01-09, 01:27
Alrighty peeps, help me decide. I myself favor the new one!

The darker background showing empty space behind the bar can be enabled or disabled for both of course, just let me know what looks coolest!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview6.jpg

Going to continue working on the non-active RPOS parts now!

:D

[EDIT]

Specially for Riddle:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/biotech.jpg

*SilentEye runs away!*

[EDIT #2]

Please enjoy, here's the inventory!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview7.jpg

Going to sleep now, hope to read some replys tomorrow at work! :D

Brammers
07-01-09, 02:21
I also vote the New Version, as it would be easier for any PvP'ers to see their health...and it's clearer.

IC: Oh one other thing...I showed this thread to some of my employee's at Phoenix Ltd, they liked everything until they saw the dead Biotech employee picture.

One of my monks looked up your faction and she decided revenge was in order... and I just got this picture in.

http://www.phoenix-ltd.info/brammers/shot0076.jpg

Seems Logan has many friends out there. ;) :D

Izeo
07-01-09, 02:41
That looks awesome - I love the solid health bars, goes so well with it. :)

About the 'selected' quickbelt slot, I get it now, it still bothers me a bit since the rest of the HUD has only lines that outline the outer frame of it (the far left vertical and the far right), and that extra line kinda throws the balance off for me.

Hmm.. this is just an idea, I don't know if this will end up looking better or not, but hear me out. OK, for the "selected" quickbelt slot, keep the little triangle in the lower left corner of that slot, but remove the vertical line on the left side of it, so all that's left is the little triangle, and then, re-use that little corner triangle graphic for the grabby parts of the People and Chat parts? Dunno? The arrows 'matching' and being more visible might be nice, on the other hand it might take away from the balance.

Jodo
07-01-09, 02:54
Going to continue working on the non-active RPOS parts now!

That was the easy bit, welcome to hell. At least I found it a very gruelling task to make sure I personalised every detail, including the fonts/sizes.

I quite like the look of just vertical lines and I also prefer the new Health, Stamina & PSI bars.

Are there still satellites in orbit for there to be a GPS btw?

Kalonji Faya
07-01-09, 10:36
Cool, I love the new health, stamina and psi bars !!

and like the inv too !!

kalonji

Biglines
07-01-09, 12:27
ye I prefer the solid bars for health, might tone them down a little though so.

and for the inventory, I'd suggest you make the left side fit better to the inventory itself, so I mean making the border smaller.

also, why is the line now on top while with the rest they are all vertical?

Riddle
07-01-09, 13:05
I prefer the solid bar for PvP ;)

*Will they ever learn? He opens the cabinet AGAIN, takes out his Rifle, dusts it off and grabs his armour.....been a little while, but you never loose the touch.

His intercom flashes in the corner of his dimly lit apartment, the one he only visits to take care of that, other business.

An image flickers momentarily before being automatically deleted, never a more careful runner has been seen, his reputation was key in his business.

A wry smile extended across his face.

His gratitude would be extended, as was customary, on their crossing of paths in the near future. Although the sender already knew.

He placed his rifle and armour carefully back into the cabinet, mindful that it wouldn't be the last time he visited this safehouse.

This world is full of hidden alliances and secrets, in the depths of neocron the shadows hide from all but a chosen few........ the truth.

SilentEye
07-01-09, 16:15
I also vote the New Version, as it would be easier for any PvP'ers to see their health...and it's clearer.

IC: Oh one other thing...I showed this thread to some of my employee's at Phoenix Ltd, they liked everything until they saw the dead Biotech employee picture.

One of my monks looked up your faction and she decided revenge was in order... and I just got this picture in.

Seems Logan has many friends out there. ;) :D
Hahaha you and Riddle are the man! :D :D :D

Good to know you like the newer version as well!

That looks awesome - I love the solid health bars, goes so well with it. :)

About the 'selected' quickbelt slot, I get it now, it still bothers me a bit since the rest of the HUD has only lines that outline the outer frame of it (the far left vertical and the far right), and that extra line kinda throws the balance off for me.

Hmm.. this is just an idea, I don't know if this will end up looking better or not, but hear me out. OK, for the "selected" quickbelt slot, keep the little triangle in the lower left corner of that slot, but remove the vertical line on the left side of it, so all that's left is the little triangle, and then, re-use that little corner triangle graphic for the grabby parts of the People and Chat parts? Dunno? The arrows 'matching' and being more visible might be nice, on the other hand it might take away from the balance.
Sounds all good to me, I'll see what it looks like if we remove the vertical line for the selected slot, but I must admit I'm gonna have to try to leave the RPOS as it is now so I can start working on the in-active parts, else we'll never get to it hahaha.

That was the easy bit, welcome to hell. At least I found it a very gruelling task to make sure I personalised every detail, including the fonts/sizes.

I quite like the look of just vertical lines and I also prefer the new Health, Stamina & PSI bars.

Are there still satellites in orbit for there to be a GPS btw?
Didn't you ever read the full story behind Neocron? The sattelis that are orbetting earth here are still from the year 2004, they discovered them as they discovered the Ceres Discs and their stored information.

Cool, I love the new health, stamina and psi bars !!

and like the inv too !!

kalonji
Yay, thanks Kalonji! :D

ye I prefer the solid bars for health, might tone them down a little though so.

and for the inventory, I'd suggest you make the left side fit better to the inventory itself, so I mean making the border smaller.

also, why is the line now on top while with the rest they are all vertical?
I made the left border just as big as the right border to create a symmatric feel to it. If there's more people that think it would look better if I shape it down for example 50%, just let me know and I'll work right on it. Must admit I myself like it the way it is.

And to answer your question about the line being on top now, someone (forgot who) actually suggested I do this regarding the fact that you can move the windows where ever you want, and the windows are mostly drawn to other places while moving the cursor to the top. Again if people suggest I put it for example on the left side, we can do this!

--

So, I'm going to start working on some other window now, keep the critizism coming! :D

Biglines
07-01-09, 17:42
btw, wudn't it be easier to do the modifications in something like photoshop first visually? instead of having to rely on relogging nc all the time?

but by the way, my way of giving feedback is always just suggestions, you are the designer of this form, and all I'm doing is giving you maybe some options you can try, if you've already seen the scaled down version and it doesn't look right, that's totally fine, remember I haven't seen it ;)

SilentEye
07-01-09, 18:53
Biglift, I understand what you're saying mate.

If you suggest something sure I will try it out and if other people like it more then I will keep it that way.

When we're talking about trying it in Photoshop first without editing the images, I dunno, it just seems like doing double the work. Besides now I also know for sure that I am not doing something that for example the RPOS images dont allow.

For example the quickbelt, there's some parts you can't change because theres no area on the bitmaps that cover them. For example the 'selected' quickbelt item. If I want to edit what that looks like I can't reach all the way to the right side where the 1 is. It only covers from left to 75% to the right. Had some problems with this, and it would suck if I made it with Photoshop first onto a full image, and then find out it doesn't work :-)

Anyway, just finished the Hypercom:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview8.jpg

Some info about it, you can see that highlighted items receive a non-filled square behind it, if you press it to move to that channel, the square fills up (ie. it's checked).

Like the add/remove player states, hope you like it! :D

SilentEye
07-01-09, 20:26
You guys gotta post faster! Here's another update on the implant window!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview9.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Biglines
07-01-09, 20:47
the hypercom doesn't look right, there's too much empty space between the areas, plus they don't line up, I'd suggest u make the box with the channel selection just as high as the other box, and make the empty space on the left the same width as on the right, with this box it should be possible

and in order to fill up the large empty spaces, you could add like the same transparancy box, without any function, just to clean up the lines a bit..., like make a small box or a filler just left of the left brain implant box, would align it to the box below it

SilentEye
07-01-09, 21:17
Biglines, I too had the feeling the hypercom was way to 'basic'. The inallignment was already fixed though. I'll work on it in just a moment.

About the implant window though, I like that the way it is. If other people feel that there's too much inallignment as well I'll work on that, just let me know. But right now I my self actually like it the way it is.

Meanwhile, the armor section! :D

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview10.jpg

Will fix the hypercom up some better right now!

SilentEye
07-01-09, 21:34
Here's the updated hypercom, let me know!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview11.jpg

SilentEye
08-01-09, 00:49
Alright, took me one hell of a fucking time (requires editing 6 different bitmap files :() but here is finally the skill window!

Please let me know if I should keep it like this, or add a darker but still transparent colour as background for the square boxes that hold the stats and percentage bars.

Also, if someone can tell me how to remove the 'ABILITIES' and 'DEXTERITY' text that's being displayed in black, you're my hero. They're not found in the images and I'm guessing that they're being rendered onto the RPOS after loading the bitmaps.

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview12.jpg

Enjoy!

[EDIT]

Coudn't sleep without trying my own suggestion first! :D

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview13.jpg

Let me know which one you prefer!

Enjoy once more!

Sharper Blade
08-01-09, 06:44
I like everything except the [OPEN] things on the skills, I also hope you will include both of the health bars as an option

Kalonji Faya
08-01-09, 10:22
WOuaw !! You worked a lot!!

I prefer the second hypercom you made, and YOUR skill windows (ie: the second screenshot, where it looks darker !)

and the imps and armor windows are great too !!

I WANT THIS RPOS !! :D :D :D

kalonji

-FN-
08-01-09, 11:00
Semi-related question...

Last I remembered, and this was quite awhile ago :p, we weren't allowed to alter files and there was some big push by KK to enforce anything 3rd party. Look at the waiting game the Bloom .dll had to go through.

Are we allowed to customize/edit HUDs now?

nabbl
08-01-09, 11:03
may we have some sort of pre-release? ;-)

i like the style of your hud and would like to use it.

Brammers
08-01-09, 11:42
Semi-related question...

Last I remembered, and this was quite awhile ago :p, we weren't allowed to alter files and there was some big push by KK to enforce anything 3rd party. Look at the waiting game the Bloom .dll had to go through.

*Wonders if FN has spotted that he is posting in the RPOS Customisation Fourm* :p

Yeah you can, see this little post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215).

SilentEye
08-01-09, 13:52
First of all, thanks for all the replies! I'll quote em all below!

Silenteye feels famous!

I like everything except the [OPEN] things on the skills, I also hope you will include both of the health bars as an option
Hmmm, is there anyone else that dislike the OPEN buttons? I can change them if you wish, or add some other text instead of OPEN?

When I send the RPOS to KK it has to be 1 RPOS without different options I think, so I don't think I'm able to send the RPOS in with different bitmaps for different options. Why though? Don't like the new status bars? Anyone else dislikes em?

WOuaw !! You worked a lot!!

I prefer the second hypercom you made, and YOUR skill windows (ie: the second screenshot, where it looks darker !)

and the imps and armor windows are great too !!

I WANT THIS RPOS !! :D :D :D

kalonji
Thanks, I like the second hypercom better as well! I did work a lot, I'm actually home sick for two days so yeah, plenty of time! :D

I think I'm going with the second skill window as well, it's better to read the text there. If anyone else disagrees, lemme know!

You can have the RPOS very soon I think! :p

Semi-related question...

It's officialy allowed to modify the HUD, how ever we can't release them as we see fit. I have to send it in to KK once it's finished, then they will approve it or not. If they approve it, it will be hosted on their website.

Check this (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=154) link, this is where the custom RPOS's are hosted.

may we have some sort of pre-release? ;-)

i like the style of your hud and would like to use it.
As stated above, I'm not alowed to post the bitmaps without any approval. And I can only get it approved when it's finished! :D

Just be patient a little longer, just a few days! :lol:

*Wonders if FN has spotted that he is posting in the RPOS Customisation Fourm* :p

Yeah you can, see this little post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215).
Here we go! :cool:

Will probably work on some today as well, keep checking back and please answer any of my questions I listed above (think about the OPEN button, status bars and which skill window to use), if things need changing I'd rather do them now then later!

SilentEye
08-01-09, 14:08
Small update again on the hypercom window, changed the + and - buttons to be the same as the skill window.

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview14.jpg

:p

Riddle
08-01-09, 15:02
ZOMG is that SneakyMacStab in your chat window!!? Swear that dude was in NC1 as a Melee PE and Pwned POB tanks rofl. :D

Nice Hud to, may use this on release on my second client :)

SilentEye
08-01-09, 15:05
And here's the faction window, enjoy!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview15.jpg

The original faction window has an empty row at the bottom, so I added it also, but is there any reason? if there aint I might as well delete it... Either way I hope you like it!

Here's another something for our Biotech employees:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/biotech2.jpg

Please enjoy and let me know about any changes you'd like to see! (to the RPOS) :D

Kalonji Faya
08-01-09, 16:03
All I'm seeing so far is just perfect !!

hope it will be finished soon and that kk will approve and uplaod it on official website so we can test it !!

thanks silenteye for the time you spend making it ^^

kalonji

SilentEye
08-01-09, 16:09
Hey I enjoy doing it! :D

Having some trouble now with the processor window :( Don't know how to make it look.

Will post a picture as soon as I got something that looks like something!

Sharper Blade
08-01-09, 17:13
I kind of liked the status bar where it was bullets instead of 1 solid line

SilentEye
08-01-09, 17:13
And here's the processor window. Took me some time to get a decent design onto it, if anyone thinks it's too much or has any other idea's, just lemme know!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview16.jpg

Cheers! ;)

SilentEye
08-01-09, 17:29
I guess it's interesting to measure how far I am to total conversion:

Status indicators [DONE]
Vicinity window [DONE]
Chat window [DONE]
GPS-Tracking [DONE]
Quickbelt [DONE]
Hypercom [DONE]
Inventory [DONE]
Implants [DONE]
Armor [DONE]
Skills [DONE]
Factions [DONE]
Processor [DONE]

Missions [NOT DONE]
Nav-Ray [NOT DONE]
Team [NOT DONE]
Options [NOT DONE]
Drone view [NOT DONE]
Apartment window [NOT DONE]
Gen-Replicator [NOT DONE]
Go-Guardian [NOT DONE]
Outfitter [NOT DONE]
Trade window [NOT DONE]
Vehicle depot [NOT DONE]
City-Term [NOT DONE]

Jezus, you think you're nearly done but... so untrue! 8|

Biglines
08-01-09, 17:33
why are the boxes that contain skills etc with all line around them? maybe you could try with just lines at the bottom or top.

also, you could try to make the boxes of the hyper com a lil bit higher, so the mute button doesnt touch the top.

for the rest, nice work

Kalonji Faya
08-01-09, 17:56
process windows is nice !!

and don't worry, you've done most of the job, even if you think it's half done, now you will make the other windows faster ^^

kalonji

SilentEye
08-01-09, 18:05
why are the boxes that contain skills etc with all line around them? maybe you could try with just lines at the bottom or top.

also, you could try to make the boxes of the hyper com a lil bit higher, so the mute button doesnt touch the top.

for the rest, nice work
Nice call, will work on both idea's tonight after I get back (got something I gotta do but back at 09:30 CET).

process windows is nice !!

and don't worry, you've done most of the job, even if you think it's half done, now you will make the other windows faster ^^

kalonji
You coudn't be more right, it's all going faster and faster! :D

Vrooooooooom! Here's the missions window! :cool:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview17.jpg

Poisonous plants here we come! :lol:

Status indicators [DONE]
Vicinity window [DONE]
Chat window [DONE]
GPS-Tracking [DONE]
Quickbelt [DONE]
Hypercom [DONE]
Inventory [DONE]
Implants [DONE]
Armor [DONE]
Skills [DONE]
Factions [DONE]
Processor [DONE]
Missions [DONE]

Nav-Ray [NOT DONE]
Team [NOT DONE]
Options [NOT DONE]
Drone view [NOT DONE]
Go-Guardian [NOT DONE]
Outfitter [NOT DONE]
Trade window [NOT DONE]
Vehicle depot [NOT DONE]
City-Term [NOT DONE]

SilentEye
08-01-09, 23:46
Biglines, specially for you another (needed) update on the hypercom:

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview18.jpg

Also I've decided not to change the skill window, I like that the way it is! :D

SilentEye
09-01-09, 00:26
And here's the Nav-Ray. Looks pretty good I think. This is the last update for tonight, seriously gotta take a break here! :D

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview19.jpg

Enjoy!

Status indicators [DONE]
Vicinity window [DONE]
Chat window [DONE]
GPS-Tracking [DONE]
Quickbelt [DONE]
Hypercom [DONE]
Inventory [DONE]
Implants [DONE]
Armor [DONE]
Skills [DONE]
Factions [DONE]
Processor [DONE]
Missions [DONE]
Nav-Ray [DONE]

Team [NOT DONE]
Options [NOT DONE]
Drone view [NOT DONE]
Go-Guardian [NOT DONE]
Outfitter [NOT DONE]
Trade window [NOT DONE]
Shop window [NOT DONE]
Vehicle depot [NOT DONE]
City-Term [NOT DONE]

flib
09-01-09, 03:25
I think it would be a good idea to put a background behind the title and buttons of the windows so that you can more easily read it and see where to click to click buttons and drag the window. Also, that would make it match the rest of the window a bit better.
Possibly also do that for the non-active parts of the rpos, because, as you can see in your previous screenshot, the "gps-tracking" part is pretty hard to read.
I think the biggest reason that it seems to have a wip look to it to me is because the title things are just sort of floating there like that.

Biglines
09-01-09, 03:34
nice ;)

SilentEye
09-01-09, 13:57
Flib, you're suggesting the same thing my brother did :-) Will check this out as soon as I got some time :)

[EDIT]

Not sure if I like it mate, let me know!

http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview20.jpg

Izeo
09-01-09, 14:31
Are you able to change the position and sizes of buttons and stuff? If so - the little slider window that pops up when you drag a stack of something to somewhere that lets you choose how much you want to move.. I think that window needs to be a little bigger, and the "OK" button on that window needs to be a little bigger too. Often it's easy to, when that little window pops up, accidentally miss the "OK" button, which clicks off of that window, which puts it behind all the other windows.. then you have to close Inventory or whatever etc to find it again or Esc and re-do it.

On-topic I do like the title bar on the Implant window there, as opposed to the invisible title bar. However now the "?" and "X" buttons on the title bar look off-center - but that goes back to the first thing - does it allow you to change stuff like that? If so I guess you could edit those graphics and make them centered

SilentEye
09-01-09, 14:38
Are you able to change the position and sizes of buttons and stuff? If so - the little slider window that pops up when you drag a stack of something to somewhere that lets you choose how much you want to move.. I think that window needs to be a little bigger, and the "OK" button on that window needs to be a little bigger too. Often it's easy to, when that little window pops up, accidentally miss the "OK" button, which clicks off of that window, which puts it behind all the other windows.. then you have to close Inventory or whatever etc to find it again or Esc and re-do it.

On-topic I do like the title bar on the Implant window there, as opposed to the invisible title bar. However now the "?" and "X" buttons on the title bar look off-center - but that goes back to the first thing - does it allow you to change stuff like that? If so I guess you could edit those graphics and make them centered
I am able to change the since of a button, but I can not change where you have to place your mouse to click the button.

The area on which your mouse is required to hoover is decided by the client some other way, and not through the rendered images.

So again that means I can make a button like twice as big, but you'd still have to aim for that little thing in the middle, so there's no real point :(

Also I can't change the location of the ? and X buttons in the right top. They're not rendered through the bitmaps but also rendered onto the HUD after loading the bitmaps. That's also why their black, I can't change their colour :(

flib
09-01-09, 20:48
Well, I quite prefer having the background behind that.

SilentEye
11-01-09, 15:40
Allright, anyone else?

I'll experiment some with it but I'm a little bit annoyed if I'm gonna have to redo all the windows :mad:

Silent

Biglines
11-01-09, 18:09
btw, where did the lines for the comm-link (chat window) go? (just noticed so prolly not bad, just wondering).

and i still believe the implant window needs some sort of filler left of the brain implants, it just look wrong to me...

and maybe have a line like for the hypercomm window above the boneimplant modifier list

and r u going to change the top bar? (of the whole UI)

and as for the top bar of the different windows, I think without the background it looks better, with the background it's clearer ;)

SilentEye
11-01-09, 23:34
btw, where did the lines for the comm-link (chat window) go? (just noticed so prolly not bad, just wondering).
People and I decided that since the whole HUD only has the vertical lines, the horizontal line below the chat window doesn't look right! :D

and i still believe the implant window needs some sort of filler left of the brain implants, it just look wrong to me...
It really looks right to me! Anyone else agrees with Biglines? :confused:

Lemme know! ;)

and maybe have a line like for the hypercomm window above the boneimplant modifier list
Been thinking about this, but that means I'd have to do the same for the armor windows, and all in all I got the idea it woudn't fit right. Think I'll keep it this way unless other people would like to see the same thing!

and r u going to change the top bar? (of the whole UI)
For some reason ReaKKtor decided we aren't alowed to modify the top bar, so unless I can pursuade them to allow me to, I can't! :(

and as for the top bar of the different windows, I think without the background it looks better, with the background it's clearer ;)
I'm thinking of not adding any changes to any top bars but to keep it without a background. This has two reasons, I don't want to go back and spend time on it again, and I don't think it's all that great! :D

Some updates coming prolly tomorrow!

flib
12-01-09, 01:20
It really looks right to me! Anyone else agrees with Biglines? :confused:

Lemme know! ;) I agree, it looks strange. Perhaps you could remove the blank space altogether

Been thinking about this, but that means I'd have to do the same for the armor windows, and all in all I got the idea it woudn't fit right. Think I'll keep it this way unless other people would like to see the same thing!I'd say that it's fine, it'll just look confusing if you add that

SilentEye
12-01-09, 10:02
I agree, it looks strange. Perhaps you could remove the blank space altogether
I think you two are speaking of two different things cause I can't 'remove the black space altogether'.

Removing empty space requires that it's replaced with something else (doh) so what in the world should I add? Simply stretching the brain implant box or adding a different non-functional box would most probably look stupid...

Silent

[EDIT]

I filed a request to see if we could change the look of the F1 to F9 menu after pressing TAB to open RPOS mode.

Lets hope something good comes out! :rolleyes:

Biglines
12-01-09, 12:28
I meant something like a text or an empty box or something

SilentEye
12-01-09, 12:30
Alright, I promise when I get home I'll throw up some images with some ideas. :D

Izeo
13-01-09, 08:28
I think the horizontal lines above the brain imps looks weird, considering the horizontal lines on i.e. the chat were removed so it has only vertical lines: http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview20.jpg

Putting another horizontal line above the headbone implant to match the other side wouldn't look right either though. What do you think about this? It fills up a little bit of that empty space by the brain imps and makes all the lines vertical?

(photoshop)
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9379/hudpreview20hp7.png

SilentEye
13-01-09, 10:18
Well, I think it's alright but still like my own version more! :p

Let me know what you guys think about this new design!

Silent :angel:

Kalonji Faya
13-01-09, 10:55
I prefer when there are horizontal bars on each brain implant ...
If each slot has a line with a description of what it is, every single brain slot should have its own bar and description imho ^^

kalonji

SilentEye
13-01-09, 11:19
I prefer when there are horizontal bars on each brain implant ...
If each slot has a line with a description of what it is, every single brain slot should have its own bar and description imho ^^

kalonji
Yeahh!!! You tell em Kalonji!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Biglines
13-01-09, 13:08
ye i prefer the one with the lines on each brain implant, but still there's a gaping hole asking for attention to the left of it :P

SilentEye
13-01-09, 13:34
:D I'll still look into some different ideas but haven't had time to check yet!

:angel:

Izeo
14-01-09, 10:02
Yeahh!!! You tell em Kalonji!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Hey, remember, I'm only tryin to help. The empty space that Biglines is referring to is what I'm trying to address.

I noticed you have a theme of - horizontal line above a box of text, with a description above it aligned to the left, like these:
Processor (http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview16.jpg)
Hypercom (http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview18.jpg)
Nav-Ray (http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview19.jpg)
which is neat, I like the uniformity. :)

But now, the Armor screen (http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview10.jpg).

The theme is different here - the lines are along the side with the description of what's in the box going down vertically with the line.

Well, this is actually fine, because, the boxes that contain the armor pieces are different than the processor, hypercom, and nav-ray etc boxes -- those ones contain large blocks of text or text choices, and these boxes with the armor pieces are much smaller, only big enough for one icon, and more numerous, plus, there's empty space that needs filled on the side of the armor window, so it's very logical that they go down the side vertically like you have them.

But now, the Implant window (http://www.zxr-inlove.nl/imgs/nc/hud_preview20.jpg). See the issue now? These boxes of implants are just like the armor slots, they are much smaller, more numerous (than the large text boxes), and only contain 1 icon, so you'd think the line/description would go down the sides, just like the armor window, but instead it's a mixture of the two. Plus that little bit of open space in the upper left Biglines mentioned.

I only want you to change it if You want to, but just pointing out the inconsistency. Here's a couple more ideas but to be honest I liked my other one (I don't think it's necessary to have a desc. for each brain slot since we can assume they are all for the brain if the first one is described).

But here they are, tell me what you think? :)

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1552/impl1ne6.png
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1945/impl2ph6.png

Edit:

Oh, also, I noticed a very weird error (probably not by you, probably by how the HUD is originally). The "Brain 1" slot, is 1 pixel less wide than all the other implant slots. LOL. Really weird! In PhotoShop for example zoom in and select the entire "Eye" box and drag it over all the other imp slots. The brain 1 slot is the only one 1 pixel less wide.

Kalonji Faya
14-01-09, 10:31
I like the Izeo's idea too for the implants window.

But if you can't write brain 1, brain 2, etc ... and you have to write chip 1, chip 2, etc ... why won't you add at the left of chip1 the text : "brain", so from left to right we see : brain, chip1, the first imp, chip2, the 2nd imp, etc ...

do you see what I mean ??! sorry, I don't have totoshop at work and can't illustrate :(

kalonji

SilentEye
14-01-09, 20:54
Izeo thanks for your very constructive post! :D

The error with the brain slot being a pixel smaller must be my mistake, since I can make the box as wide as I want, I'll look into fixing that as soon as I come home! :p

I like your idea's as well, I'll look into it all when I get home again (not home today) and when I get the time.

Sorry to make you guys wait on any updates, my girlfriend passed her motorcycle exam so been busy with that! :D

Thanks again for all the help and I hope to come back soon with some update!

Silent :angel:

PS. Izeo I really like your second picture! :)

Kalonji Faya
21-01-09, 17:22
its now about 1 week we have no news :(

I'm sooooooooo SAAAAAAAAAAAD :( :( :(

Hope you're working secretly on a Uber roxxor feature :p
let us know what's done ! you've made such great job ^^

Kalonji

SilentEye
21-01-09, 17:27
I've done practically nothing actually! 8|

But I'll do something tonight, promised!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Kalonji Faya
21-01-09, 17:30
coool ^^ thanks dude !

ps : I've started to write some lil stories for the event things I told you ;) I'll send you a mail once I've done something concrete !

Kalonji

SilentEye
22-01-09, 09:32
So are you going to kill me for not pushing any updates again?

Please don't kill me, it's X-Box Live's fault. It screams at me begging for me to help it gain more and more achievements, experience and new weapons!

Help me! I'm drowning as my hands are tied behind my back!

:(

Also I'm curious as to what you have written for 'the things we spoke about'! :D

Kalonji Faya
22-01-09, 10:14
sshhhhht its a secret !! :whistle:

Kalonji

SilentEye
22-01-09, 12:18
:D :p

Don't know what you're talking about! What secret? :confused:

:D :cool:

SilentEye
22-01-09, 12:37
Yeah I changed my avatar!

Kalonji Faya
22-01-09, 13:00
so did I :D

nabbl
26-01-09, 12:31
come on silent eye...

pre release or finish it. i just wanna have it ;-P

what about uploading a pre release pack and sending the url per PM to the guys who want it?
i would really appreciate that!

SilentEye
26-01-09, 12:46
Dudes I'm really sorry.

I've been terribly busy with other things restraining me from working on the HUD. I'll work on it very soon, but I'm just not allowed to release the modification unfinished and unauthorized.

I'd also not want other people to finish it by them selfs anyway, so please, loyal fans hang in there just a while longer!

I'll again try to squeeze in another update tonight, but I dare not promise again!

SilentEye
02-02-09, 21:13
Dear fans,

Due some very inexpected busyness of my personal life I'm finding absolutely no time to work on the HUD.

As unfortunate as this may sound, please worry not. I'd like someone else to finish my HUD.

Is there anyone around with sufficient image editing skills willing to finish the HUD? Ofcourse I'm asking to keep the original design, allowing for small changes.

Also I'd like a credit noting that the original design was done by SilentEye.

I'm really sorry I can't finish it, but I think you guys deserve the HUD finished now instead of waiting for a month.

Cheers,

Silent

Kalonji Faya
09-02-09, 18:39
erm I was ill for µµ10 days and when I'm back I see that :( :( :( :(

well I understand you're lack of time, but you know I love your idea and can't let that this way ...

so I have and Idea ! I knwo what you want to do, I think I've understook the global design thing ! so I ask you, If I find someone we can trust to help me for design could you let me and the guy I'll find try to finish it ??!

Kalonji

ps : I have some ideas about the guy that could help me send me a pm dude we'll sort it out !!!

Kalonji Faya
11-03-09, 19:16
@ SilentEyeDude, I sent you a PM with my mail adress so you can send me the RPOS files so I can finish it !
Btw, I'm TT now, I'm back to my first ever faction !, so if you are online why not rping a lil bit ?! (hope you are not still playing this crappy game on your xbox !)

@ all the guys that are waiting for the RPOS :

once I have it, I'll try to continue it in exactly the same style that SilentEye did, so I hope you guys will help me going this way !

now let's pray SilentEye will see my PM soon !

Kalonji

Gau
11-03-09, 23:54
i dont know iff any one is intrested BUT i have been using an UI that
looks alot like this one just it is not as transparent well not for me :)
but it can be iff yu like that

i thought i would share it till this nice one is finished

Click Me (http://s2.orbitfiles.com/index.php?link=3962896435&sid=665d8ff7ff448ffcda79b590c4e586ad&force=1)

Kalonji Faya
12-03-09, 02:34
dude It's not allowed to post a modified RPOS.
You have to send it to reakktor so they approve it and put it on official NC website !

Do you have a screenshot to show ?
Is your RPOS nc 2.2 compatible ?!

If you have any question ask meh :)

Kalonji

Gau
12-03-09, 02:41
ahh did not know that i had to do that

yess i am using it now

no i dont have a screenie i can post one though iff wanted

*EDIT some pics of the windows in the UI and fixed DL link rposv3.rar 377 Kb (http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id3962896435.html)*

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/Eloren/th_nc1.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/Eloren/?action=view&current=nc1.jpg)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/Eloren/th_nc2.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/Eloren/?action=view&current=nc2.jpg)

PS iff a gm would like to look over the UI an okay it that would be kewl to

Kalonji Faya
12-03-09, 02:52
erm the link doesn't work
ask a GM on the forum to whom you have to send the file

and if you have some screenies why not make a new post to show the RPOS ^^

Kalonji

SilentEye
13-03-09, 01:36
Kalonji,

I've left you an e-mail with everything you need to finish the R.P.O.S..

Again I'm sorry for not keeping in touch, just been busy busy busy :)

Goodluck and have fun!

Silent

Kalonji Faya
17-03-09, 02:57
Sorry I did'nt answer before, I received the files, installed it on my laptop on a testchar and already worked on it a bit ^^

dude you made an awesome work, all I'll do is change the last thing that need to be changed in the same style that you did !

I'll release some picture this week :)

RPOS status :

Status indicators [DONE]
Vicinity window [DONE]
Chat window [DONE]
GPS-Tracking [DONE]
Quickbelt [DONE]
Hypercom [DONE]
Inventory [DONE]
Implants [DONE]
Armor [DONE]
Skills [DONE]
Factions [DONE]
Processor [DONE]
Missions [DONE]
Nav-Ray [DONE]

Team [work in progress]
Options [NOT DONE]
Drone view [NOT DONE]
Go-Guardian [work in progress]
Outfitter [NOT DONE] :eek: that gonna be hard
Trade window [work in progress]
Shop window [NOT DONE]
Vehicle depot [NOT DONE]
City-Term [NOT DONE]

more on thursday + screens I hope :)

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
24-03-09, 20:44
well, RPOS modification is harder than I thought :(
so it takes more time but I hope that once I'll understand how it works I'll manage to finish it quickly !

more news that week-end

don't worry, RPOS will be released !!

Kalonji

L0KI
25-03-09, 17:05
I just read this whole thread... only to reach the end.. and BAM> NO MORE HUD.

You tool... lol.

FINISH IT!

Kalonji Faya
25-03-09, 17:08
dude the HUD is still in progress ... don't worry I'm trying to finish it as soon as I can ^^
I'm working on it all this afternoon ^^

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
26-03-09, 21:23
Still working on windows marked with "work in progress" (cf post upper)

I was looking at the Drone interface, and I was wondering how the f*** will I do the droneh interface :confused:

if someone could give me some ideas about what can be changed, what a droner would like to see while drone launched ??!

thanks for your help !!

Kalonji

Biglines
26-03-09, 21:41
clean it up, remove unneeded lines and stick to the rest of the theme ;)

Kalonji Faya
27-03-09, 12:46
kk I have to stick to the theme or I'll wrap silenteye work lol
but thanks for reminding I have to clean it up

I think of doing something minimal with just the important informations
and of course using transparency

damn its hard work :(
but it can be a good hud once finished, back to work ;)

kalonji

L0KI
27-03-09, 18:39
If you're struggling, send it to me. I'll have it done by the end of the weekend at the latest.

I love this RPOS, and I want to use it. It would save me making my own simple theme which I've planned on doing for an age.

Kalonji Faya
27-03-09, 21:47
dude that would be nice coz I4m not really grafist
I just love that HUD too, thats why I wanted to finish it, and I think I can but don't know how many time it can take me :(

shout me a pm with your mail so I can send you the files
if you want I'll continue posting updates, hostings pics, etc ...

and once its done I4ll make a pvp video to promote it ^^

thanks again Loki !

Kalonji

L0KI
27-03-09, 22:30
No problem mate. PM sent ;)

Kalonji Faya
28-03-09, 01:32
I sent you a mail ^^
good luck with the RPOS !

if you need any help for anything, do not hesitate !

Kalonji

L0KI
30-03-09, 11:58
I got your mail; albeit, quite late.

Thank you for the file.

Just a quick note; what are the (a) files for?

I don't understand that. I mean, they aren't a problem, as I simply convert the shape to white. I just don't get their purpose!

CMaster
30-03-09, 16:27
Alpha (opacity) I believe.

L0KI
30-03-09, 17:30
That makes sense, actually. Thank you.

Kalonji Faya
30-03-09, 17:48
exact
xith the combination of "a" files and other files you can make the HUD more or less transparent :)

if you need any help or something to be done, send me a pm dude ^^

Kalonji

Virtul
11-04-09, 22:29
is it still "work in progress"? preview screens looks great! =)

Kalonji Faya
12-04-09, 04:07
Loki is still working on it
but as I had no news I started again to work on it
but I'm not a graphist so I encounter so pbs :/

anyway, we are 2 ppl working on it, loki and I
so just be patient ;)

kalonji

Virtul
12-04-09, 09:50
great news, thanks!

SilentEye
28-04-09, 19:55
Oh boy, this doesn't look so good at all! Seems not a lot has happened yet huh?

More trouble then you first expected? Now hopefully you're impressed with the speed at which I released my screenshots :lol:

Let me know if you need help. I won't be around much but, just gimme a shout.

Silent

L0KI
28-04-09, 21:05
I'm struggling to test the RPOS. I'm not sure if it's Windows 7 or what, but every time I put the files in the directory, the game simply doesn't run.

For that reason, unfortunately, I have to back out. :(

It's a shame, as I managed to get three of them done. The problem is, I can't test to see if they look right or not.

SilentEye
29-04-09, 08:40
Can't help you on that one, but good luck!

Kalonji Faya
29-04-09, 20:23
LOKI send me the files and I'll test it for you mate ^^
if you no more have my email adress, just shout me a pm ^^

Kalonji

SilentEye
29-04-09, 21:27
You bunch off slowpokes! I want to hear you scream! :lol:

Kalonji Faya
30-04-09, 16:54
lol hi silenteye ^^

as I think you read the latest posts, I had many pbs with the HUD, I'm still working on it but slowly coz I4m using paint Oo
LOKI offered is help to finish the HUD so I sent him the files (has I knew him before on the forum and thought it was a person I could trust)

So the HUD is still under progress, hope LOKI will have some time to achieve it ^^

Kalonji

L0KI
30-04-09, 17:55
Omg - how on Earth are you doing it in MS Paint???

I'll keep at it. It'll take longer than expected though. It's easily a full day's work - and finding a day I can devote to it is proving more difficult as I age.

Kalonji Faya
30-04-09, 18:32
well I tried to do it with photoshop but I don't master it at all indeed I'm a beginner using photoshop :/
and as I just reinstalled windows, I didn't take the time to setup another soft :/

if you need help for tests or whatever, tell me what can I do ^^ I'll try to do my best

Kalonji

Biglines
01-05-09, 12:58
i got some time now if needed, I'm good with photoshop and have a little experience tweaking my own nc gui, if u want me to help, send me the files on jesper@myforumnick.nl (of course replacing myforumnick with the nick i use on these forums :P)

Biglines
22-05-09, 10:42
soooo, since i dint get the files, any news?

SilentEye
29-05-09, 00:39
Why don't you guys just check and see wether you can release the RPOS as it is now with only the work I did.

There where some windows left to do but since noone seems to get on with it, I guess this would be better then nothing!

Goodluck!

Biglines
29-05-09, 01:32
if u send it to me ill finish it... i just haven't gotten it... jesper @ myforumnick.nl

SilentEye
23-06-09, 09:38
I say again you guys should just PM Nidhogg or someone and ask them wether you can release it like this yes or no.

Kalonji Faya
11-07-09, 17:49
Sorry guyz, was away for a while, had no internet connection :(
I'll send you the files biglines I could'nt finish it cause had lots of things to do, btw Loki had the files but I had no news, hope he enjoyes the HUD even if it's not finished ^^

Cya online guyz, Kalonji is back ;)

Kalon

Spyme
16-09-09, 14:32
I just working just for fun on a custom RPOS. I have an UI Design thats quite in High-Res and i want to port it to NC. On a first test, the colors are very sad. So i was wondering how many colors the Ingame-UI (or Engine) can handle? For the first look, i think its about 32-64 colours?!

Maybe someone who is expirencend with the RPOS, can answer this question.

Ah, and got another little question: Where can the dynamic parts of the UI been found (HP/Stam bar, progress bars)?

Thanks for the help, raping this thread, and dont kill me for my bad english :)

Biglines
16-09-09, 17:45
uhm, different colours none as far as I know, only white-grey

FatDogg
15-02-10, 18:34
anybody still working on this? It looks pretty and I wanna try it...

Biglines
16-02-10, 00:29
nope, never received it

Kalonji Faya
16-02-10, 19:58
I'll send the files to a GM that week, a friend of mine just finished the status bar (on the bottom left side), I'll link the RPOS when it is GM approved

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
22-02-10, 18:58
Files were sent to Reakktor, I'll check every day if it's available on official NC website and I'll put a link here

Kalonji

Biglines
22-02-10, 20:03
Files were sent to Reakktor, I'll check every day if it's available on official NC website and I'll put a link here

Kalonji
hmm, any moderator on here able to check on that? cuz if it's submitted to KK themselves I haven't got high hopes it will be approved any time soon

Kalonji Faya
22-02-10, 20:26
well I sent the files at the adress they put on the official website for RPOS release, do you think I should send a mail at hoder too ?!

btw it is told that any RPOS must have KK approbation before using it, thats why I didn't send you the RPOS ... any GM could clarify ?

Kalonji

Biglines
22-02-10, 21:47
well I sent the files at the adress they put on the official website for RPOS release, do you think I should send a mail at hoder too ?!

btw it is told that any RPOS must have KK approbation before using it, thats why I didn't send you the RPOS ... any GM could clarify ?

Kalonji
officially that's the case afaik, that's why I asked if a gm could try to give their ok, so KK doesn't have to test it (which I don't believe will happen any time soon)

Kalonji Faya
22-02-10, 22:17
mmmmh, maybe I should ask nidd, triv, chenoa or hoder if I could send'em the files so thay could test it and give their approbation ... that would be faster
I wonder who will test it anyway in KK team

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
22-02-10, 22:20
BTW, if a GM follows the topic, I'd like to say that this RPOS have been tested and overtested by me and a clanmate ... perhaps its not final product (some windows remain unchanged) but it works very well, and my clanmate made a lil change to the status indicator at the bottom right so you can see where you are hit (that wasn't the case on SilentEye original RPOS)

Kalonji

FatDogg
22-02-10, 23:04
It is good to see that this community is still grinding away :angel:

Trivaldi
23-02-10, 00:30
Can I just confirm that the required files have been sent as per the directions on this page (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=154)/this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215)?

If this is the case i will see if i can get an official response regarding the current status of RPOS examination and verification. However please bare in mind that much of Reakktor's attention is currently dedicated to Black Prophecy's development and delivery.

Kalonji Faya
23-02-10, 00:36
thanks triv for following that topic ^^

Files have been sent at community@reakktor.info , I sent the rposv3 folder in .zip and only the files of that folder were modified :)
I know KK team is focussed on BP, please just let me know when the RPOS is available on the official website download page, so I can put a link here ;)

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
21-03-10, 16:05
Any news from NC team about the RPOS ? It's been a month files have been sent now ;)

Could a GM give us some infos ?! I tell again that the RPOS has been tested and over-tested by me and 2 clanmates that had absolutely no problems with it !!

Kalonji

Chuck Norris
28-03-10, 06:43
That HUD looks great, Any word on KK about it, Id love a copy if possible!

Kalonji Faya
16-04-10, 17:10
eeeeeerm, still no news from KK :/

dunno if the RPOS will be released one day :mad:

Kalonji

Kalonji Faya
13-07-10, 13:05
WTF :mad:

I sent the mail with the files 3 months ago and still no news ??!
any GM or mods could tell us when will it be downloadable on the official NC website ?!

Kalonji

Michael Corvin
14-07-10, 17:00
WTF :mad:

I sent the mail with the files 3 months ago and still no news ??!
any GM or mods could tell us when will it be downloadable on the official NC website ?!

Kalonji

To make sure thats it okay to release just send a PM to Snow or Chenoa with a Link. If everything is alright, release it for yourself. My second Rpos i made is more than 2 Years old and still not added on the official Website. I wouldn't wait for that.

If you need a Server to put it up just PM me, i will put it on mine.
:)

Kalonji Faya
20-07-10, 15:34
kk mr corvin, I'll send a mail to chenoa or snowcrash or both ... but I think I sent a mail to Hoder if I remember well but dunno if I sent him the files ...

I do not have the rpos files on my laptop so I can't send the files now, I'll get them when I'm back home in about 2 weeks ^^

Hope it will be released cause there are many ppl interested in that RPOs :)

Kalonji

ps : btw how many runners are online thanks to the anticheat patch ??!! thinking of coming back ^^

Biglines
08-09-10, 15:24
still not approved? just post the thing, if they opposed they would have let you know

Kalonji Faya
09-09-10, 16:17
hi biglines !! how are ya ?!
indeed I'm waiting for michael corvin to host the files, I sent him the rpos so he can host it on his website where he has his own modified rpos (which are officiail if I remember well;) )

if you want I can send you the files, just pm meh your email ;)

btw tell me if you are free one afternoon so we can test my hoverbomber with 1 or 2 tanks as gunner and bomber ;)

Kalonji

Michael Corvin
09-09-10, 17:12
hhmmm... i already send a Mail (August 14th) with the Links because you said to me you wanna show it SilentEye before post it.

I'll send it again.
Maybe you should look in your spamfolder too. :)

Kalonji Faya
10-09-10, 14:22
lol sorry Mr corvin I forgot you sent me the mail with the links ;)
I just sent a mail to silentEye so he can edit the first post with the links.

I'd like to thank you a lot again mister corvin for hosting the files !!

SO FOR PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO DOWNLOAD SILENTEYE RPOS, HERE IT IS :

Files : http://silenteye.neocron3.com/hud/hud.zip

thanks again to Michael Corvin
Enjoy !!

Kalonji

Biglines
10-09-10, 15:27
installed and using it.

although I might remove the ones from the F buttons, as it's hard to read on a small screen (I use 1024*768 windowed)

SilentEye
12-09-10, 12:59
Hey guys,

I'm very surprised to see your persistent approach to this! I started writing this mod in December 2009 and it's so great to see that you guys have been trying to make the best of this and are still FIGHTING to get this approved.

Kalonji send me a private message with a link for you guys and asked me to edit the started post. Unfortunately it's been too long ago and I can not edit that post.

If you're interested in the RPOS you can download it through the following website.

http://silenteye.neocron3.com or use the direct download link below.

http://silenteye.neocron3.com/hud/hud.zip

Anyway I appreciate that the original name was used as it took a lot of effort making the bitmaps :)

I hope you guys enjoy playing Neocron with this HUD. I stopped playing in December last year but it's nice to see you guys are still on it kicking ass!

SE

Kalonji Faya
12-09-10, 13:40
hi guy !!

don't worry about editing the first post mate I'll create a new topic to promote your HUD ;)

nice to see you around !! thinking of coming back ?!
give a shout if you want to log in for a lil fight or something else ;)

kalonji

SilentEye
12-09-10, 15:23
hi guy !!

don't worry about editing the first post mate I'll create a new topic to promote your HUD ;)

nice to see you around !! thinking of coming back ?!
give a shout if you want to log in for a lil fight or something else ;)

kalonji
It's been very long but I hear there has been a anti-cheat patch? Sounds good! I may just install the game and activate. I'll let you know OK? I'm not much of a PvP'r honestly and that's what's going on mostly these days right?

DARK_Overfiend
27-03-12, 20:51
any chance on getting youre HUD Finished?

Biglines
27-03-12, 21:21
the hud was already finished and for download just a few posts back? I've been using it ever since (though I use the default skin for all the ui elements that aren't always visible)

SilentEye
19-03-13, 19:51
And here I am, back again! Started a Droner and got very annoyed with the HUD. So, I've re-created the HUD, in the style of my previously designed HUD.

If someone can let me know if the previous URL can be updated (http://silenteye.neocron3.com/hud/hud.zip) to include this, let me know.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6448/shot0008f.jpg