PDA

View Full Version : New player having some strange issues

Somefool200
20-12-08, 03:37
Well, not exactly new, but haven't played since beta. Anyway some really odd issues I've been having that I don't remember it being there before.

1) Ammo mods doesn't seem to work. I tried using phosphor ammo on a phosphor modded pistol and it doesn't seem to light things on fire. Same with explosive and uranium. I notice no change in effects or damage. Tried modding a nailgun too, no effect.

2) Droning seems to be completely borked on my side. The drone shows the attack animation and all, but no damage. The aiming reticule also doesn't close in even if I'm at point blank range with the enemy.

I remember the game crashing a lot, but not crazy things like this.

Archtemplar
20-12-08, 08:02
1) I like they got rid of the fire effect from the phosphor addons, so basically all ammo mods will do is change the damage type, like adding more fire damage will hurt mobs who are weak against it, but it wont be noticable if you hit something that has no weakness towards it

2) Early level drones have been borked for a looong time. Your best bet is to level until dex 30ish using rifles or pistols, and then LOM over to drones.

Matanius
20-12-08, 12:27
Also if you haven't played for a while you may not know that you need to spec T-C for droning. If you haven't specced any that will be why the reticule isn't closing. If you have then it'll likely be what Arch said

SilentEye
23-12-08, 09:31
Someone told me it's weapon lore you need for drone aiming?

StevenJ
23-12-08, 09:56
R-C, then Willpower and T-C are the factors for drone aiming. CMaster posted this article (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/weapon-guides/2.2-weapon-skill-influence-guide.html) on the THN that explains what subskills affect the weapon types.

I find the first drone that's useful is the TL23 plasma one. The reticule doesn't close, but your shots hit.

Biglines
23-12-08, 13:22
ye, drones aren't actually borked, just no1 tells you you need high-tech combat to actually hit something at lower levels

and for the ammo mods, did you actually put in new ammo? there is specific ammo for fire mod for example, and you need to drag it on the gun to switch out different ammo types

Somefool200
24-12-08, 07:06
Just read up on the changes, rather sad that they removed the DoT effects on some stuff.

Kalonji Faya
24-12-08, 10:12
yes, thats really sad, they should reintroduce it at least for monks, they are really nerfed now, you cant see a monk in an OP anymore :/ If they had at least DOT they would be a bit stronger than they are now !!

kalonji