PDA

View Full Version : Wasteland Survival Guide

naimex
11-12-08, 20:26
Some of you may have played Fallout 3 and will know what I mean with the thread title.

To the rest.

I'm hoping we can take this thread and make it a compendium of know-how and tactics.

So, in order to pursue that interest, I'd like you to leave your opinions on other players, guilds and general trolling at the entrance to the wasteland, before you step outside.

Now, with that being said, why don't I make the first contribution.
---------------------------------------------------

Outpost Acquisition Tactics for the Less Priviledged Clans

During the time I've played neocron, I've come to the conclusion that if you do not have the man power or the time and possibly dedication to engage in outpost wars with the greater clans.

It could be wise to consider one of the following tactics.

-Diplomacy.

Arrange an agreement with one or more clans or if possibly try to create good standings with a greater clan, for them to give you, or assist you in acquiring an outpost.

-Brute Force.

This isn't really a viable option, if you are faced with the predicaments of the title, but it isn't entirely impossible, it just requires determination and will.

-The Alternative Way (RolePlaying Purposes only).

If you are hell-bent on acquiring an outpost, maybe even a specific outpost because you wish to roleplay an outcast faction, in similarity to the Anarchy Breed.

You could prove to the server, that it is your true intention and then you might possibly be able to reason enough that you be given the outpost, since it would add an extra curiosity and experience to the server.

However, you could be told no, so you will have to be prepared for that.

-Extra Note:

If you should acquire an outpost through what is known as "ninjaing" you should expect it to be taken away from you, using the same approach.

Some clans will use this tactic never the less, but if you show enough respect to fight for the outpost, you are much more likely to be given the same chance to defend it, when the next or previous owning clan strikes.

---------------------------------------------------

Dealing with small hit box targets, or really fast targets

Neocron features seeral types of weaponry, featuring:

-Direct Instant Hit Damage (ie. Beam Weaponry (Not Cannon), Laser Weaponry (not pulse), Fusion Weaponry (not cannon), Conventional Projectile Weaponry)
-Direct Hit Damage (ie. Pulse Lasers, Plasma Weaponry (not beams), Fusion Weaponry (not cannon))
-Instant Hit Damage Over Time (ie. Fire Beam, Poison Beam)
-Melee Range Direct Instant Hit Damage (ie. Knives and Laser Blades)
-Short Range Damage Over Time (ie. Flame Throwers)
-Area of Effect Instant Hit Damage (ie. Rocket Launchers, Fusion Cannons, Energy Barrels)
-Area of Effect Damage Over Time (ie. Poison Barrels, Fire Barrels)

The most effective weapons against small hitbox targets or really fast moving targets are, in no particular order, the:

-Area of Effect Damage Over Time
-Instant Hit Damage Over Time
-Direct Instant Hit Damage
-Area of Effect Instant Hit Damage

Not saying the others can't be effective in the situation or worth considering, but these types just have a higher chance of hitting, if you aren't the worlds fastest at keeping a hitbox-lock.

These types of weapons, either hit and deal damage at the second you push, or have a shorter than the other types of weaponry, lock time and can therefore make you hit more often, even without having the reticle close in much.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this has been of some use to you and that others will chip in, with their experiences and little tips and tricks, to make wasteland survival, easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please note, that as per forum rules, anything that violates or abuses game mechanics should be kept in the confinement of reaKKtor and the discoverer, so we can all enjoy a cheat-free environment.

SilentEye
11-12-08, 20:54
Hey Naimex,

Haven't had time yet to read your post but please tell me where your interest (and time) is coming from?

Thought you where busy and all :p

[EDIT]

Just read your post, I completely agree on the OP part, very well written :D

naimex
11-12-08, 22:26
Hey Naimex,

Haven't had time yet to read your post but please tell me where your interest (and time) is coming from?

Thought you where busy and all :p

[EDIT]

Just read your post, I completely agree on the OP part, very well written :D

My interest comes, because I've never given up on neocron, certain complications along with lack of time have kept me from playing.

I have been very sick for the last 3 days now.

I don't have a thermometer, but if i just put a finger near my head, it feels as if im reaching for a sausage in a fire, I've been dizzy, dehydrated, snotnosed and everytime I cough, it feels as if there's sand paper rubbing against the inside of my lungs.

But my lack of things to do, other than lie down and feel sorry for myself, I felt like I had to do something, if for nothing else, then to keep my spirits a little up. That combined with my short vacation (a weekend and 2 days off) spent playing fallout 3, inspired me to start this. So now I just hope that it pays off.

SilentEye
12-12-08, 01:25
Okay your excused! ;)

No really it wasn't meant as an attack :) Do make sure you get better!

I think it's a really good initiative, threads like these, and that's right you better not ever give up on Neocron cause you will continue to owe me a roleplay until you come online again :D

Now back on topic, I haven't got much to contribute right now since it's late, but I'll check up on this tomorrow at work, when it's calm I'll write something cool!

Kalonji Faya
19-12-08, 14:29
Fire and poison beams still do damage over time ??! not sure about that :confused:

Powerpunsh
19-12-08, 15:22
No, they dont.

Kalonji Faya
19-12-08, 15:40
thats what I was thinking ... APU spells do no more DoT :(

Kalonji

NAPPER
19-12-08, 17:12
Yeah u dont need man power 2 Sisters had 6 online lastnight smoke had 12 but i a few where double loged i think but due to aoeing the UG we won ;)

naimex
22-12-08, 01:30
No, they dont.

sorry about that... actually quite hard to imagine that they stopped, since it was the only thing they really did.

Anyways, thank you for correcting.