PDA

View Full Version : NC1 Fun

Neo.x.phyte
09-12-08, 11:27
Just curious here would anyone be down for some like NC1 stuff like using Pain Easers and Libbys and the average weapons, possibly we start a fight night with only NC1 stuff. I love the guns and style so much , plus Grinding WoC gets so incredibly boring. Maybe it will escalate into more things... Just thinking. :)

SilentEye
09-12-08, 11:55
Not high enough for Pain Easer, almost but goodluck!

L0KI
09-12-08, 13:06
I would be up for that.

Total abolition of all WoC items gets my vote. Failing that, I like your idea.

NC1 tournament, no WoC PA's, no Regants PA, no WoC weapons...

Just rares, epics & Mc5s - winner. How it should be.

Izeo
09-12-08, 14:29
I would be up for that.

[If I was high enough level on my current guy], I agree with this statement. I thought the balance of vets vs. new players was perfect in NC1 -- like.. if you were new, you could certainly tell if a player was capped and ahead of you in power and equipment, but it wasn't sooo impossibly far ahead like it is now with the WoC grinded (ground?) stuff. So I support the idea even if I can't participate.

Neo.x.phyte
09-12-08, 21:17
sweet glad to see a positive response if we get more people intrested maybe we can write something up for it

gamefreak
09-12-08, 22:29
I like the idea too.

Basically I agree with loki and izeo. To make it really NC1 you should forbit any
PAs but tank PA, stealth, nanites and newer weapons like pulselaser and ionic
weapons.

Would be a lot of fun.

Biglines
09-12-08, 23:28
wouldn't a pa'd cs tank be a bit on the advantage then? since atm that doesnt really require WoC...

Doc Holliday
10-12-08, 01:08
wouldn't a pa'd cs tank be a bit on the advantage then? since atm that doesnt really require WoC...

in what way?

ps. wicked ideas. i love it. a nc1 fightnight :D

L0KI
10-12-08, 01:35
Speaking of NC1...

Why I have I not seen Dribble Joy on the forums for like, months?

Neo.x.phyte
10-12-08, 05:49
Wasn't Pulselazer in NC1? just curious i thought it was part of the content towards the end of the game. Only thing that sucks is the Pulselazer pistol used to be the sweet one not as much as the rifle is now

flib
10-12-08, 07:02
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to say that this fucking sounds awesome as hell.
I'm in.
Someone contact the authorities with a proposal for this. This is looking like it could be pretty big.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-12-08, 07:08
I would be up for that.

Hey cool, that sounds exactly like my current setup!

Genji
10-12-08, 07:46
Players - "omg! We have nothing new in years! give us something new!"

Dev - "Here ya go guys, have some new stuff!"

Players - "omfg! What's this shit, give us old school back!"

Dev - "...."

Asurmen Spec Op
10-12-08, 08:04
Players - "omg! We have nothing new in years! give us something new!"

Dev - "Here ya go guys, have some new stuff!"

Players - "omfg! What's this shit, give us old school back!"

Dev - "...."
There were a lot better ideas than how WoC is now.
Hell, WoC now basically stabs one of the main awesome things about neocron, it doesn't take much time to be fully PVP capable. Im not sure I can say that anymore about the game =/. Plus, WoC is just a Macro-den anyways.

flib
10-12-08, 09:44
You don't need woc to be able to win. You especially don't need woc to have fun.

L0KI
10-12-08, 12:03
I can't believe it was ever implemented, but whatever.

Trillian
10-12-08, 19:57
I would be interested in that. NC 1 stuff is all I have!

Asurmen Spec Op
15-12-08, 03:51
You don't need woc to be able to win. You especially don't need woc to have fun.
I didn't say win, did I?
I can win with my setup, which I bet most of you would consider gimped/insane(4drugs, no PA, earp). That doesn't make it good.
Do you know how many non-WoC PEs there are running around? That number alone is my evidence that something is fucked.

Apocalypsox
15-12-08, 04:58
I can't even cap a character, let alone get woc, so F you guys :lol:

Kalonji Faya
23-12-08, 11:04
I didn't say win, did I?
I can win with my setup, which I bet most of you would consider gimped/insane(4drugs, no PA, earp). That doesn't make it good.
Do you know how many non-WoC PEs there are running around? That number alone is my evidence that something is fucked.

I have a non woc PE using a thunderstorm, using 2 drugs wearing a geno PA and that does pretty damage !! no need to be woc on PE :)

L0KI
23-12-08, 11:43
I have a non woc PE using a thunderstorm, using 2 drugs wearing a geno PA and that does pretty damage !! no need to be woc on PE :)

But against a WoC char with the same level of skill, you'd lose; every time.

I have only ever played a PE, for around 5 years. I was pretty good, too ;)

I thought I was fine without WoC, until I actually got it. Then I noticed the difference. Finally getting WoC is what has started to put me off the game. It was such a dissapointment to see the huge advantage I had over non-WoC players.

Because of the very specific setups we are now forced into, WoC PA makes the world of difference to a PE.

Kalonji Faya
23-12-08, 11:55
well I guess I'll notice the difference when I'm woc ... but I now I already do pretty nice damage on other PE's or even tank with my thunderstorm ^^ and I must be the only PE using ths rifle lol but I guess I'll have more damage output using IAR or Swat rifle ... even if on my woc spy I didn't notice so much difference between rares rifles and woc ones ...

kalonji

Asurmen Spec Op
23-12-08, 20:55
But against a WoC char with the same level of skill, you'd lose; every time.

I have only ever played a PE, for around 5 years. I was pretty good, too ;)

I thought I was fine without WoC, until I actually got it. Then I noticed the difference. Finally getting WoC is what has started to put me off the game. It was such a dissapointment to see the huge advantage I had over non-WoC players.

Because of the very specific setups we are now forced into, WoC PA makes the world of difference to a PE.
Thank god WoC and skill are antithetical huh? :p
I kid I kid.
If that advantage is what makes the game less fun for you, go for a crazy setup. If the PVP isn't challenging then where is the fun?

Dribble Joy
23-12-08, 21:41
I'm not a huge fan of WoC PA (armour values) and you really don't need it anyway. Plus since the boosting of many weapons, far more are quite viable.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-12-08, 21:44
I'm not a huge fan of WoC PA (armour values) and you really don't need it anyway. Plus since the boosting of many weapons, far more are quite viable.
That and it makes you look like a moron.

Tyranny
23-12-08, 23:04
Up for that... still got a lot of nc1 weapons... actually thats all i got... but they are mostly all 120.... rubs full 120 DEV erotically :0

mdares
24-12-08, 04:49
i miss NC1... ='(

Dribble Joy
26-12-08, 16:07
That and it makes you look like a moron.
Indeed! Camo PA ftw :p.

Neo.x.phyte
26-12-08, 19:42
so when we gonna do this thing?
it seems like we got alot of people down. Just help me pick a time and a location and we can start one up:)