View Full Version : Okay I am back and on Terra

Yadot
08-12-08, 22:28
So I am no minmaxer by any means. But I want the best experience this time around. I have a level 7 Spy Driver with all his points back in the pool. I want to be able to drive and use really away rapid rifles or pistols.

I do want to fight in PvP how should I spec him out? And where should I hang out in order to bump into other players?

Biglines
09-12-08, 00:54
lvl 7 you will never come accross someone who you can kill in pvp, driving anything better than a chainbike is prolly not very feasible, especially if you intend on doing pvp.

Yadot
09-12-08, 01:14
I know a level 7 can't harm a fly, what I was asking is how do I start spec'ing my character. And where should I hang out in game to get more contacts with people.

flib
09-12-08, 08:31
Plan your character with nskill.
www.google.com

SilentEye
09-12-08, 09:36
And just spam for example the [HELP] channel in-game if you wish to team up with people.

Your best chance to run into people would be to check out Plaza 1.

Also check out http://www.techhaven.org and http://wiki.techhaven.org.

L0KI
09-12-08, 10:12
Plan your character with nskill.
www.google.com

Surely it would be far more helpful to post a link actually relevant to your post?

Try: http://www.nskill.co.uk

That didn't take MUCH more effort than typing www.google.com. Granted, it was less familiar to me, so the keystrokes didn't flow so well, but still... :rolleyes:

It's not so much a dig at you Flib, but recently, I used the forums of my company (EndlessGaming) to big up Neocron - and one or two of the posts were negative. One was so negative I removed it in my rage.

The one post I decided to keep was from a guy whom calls himself 'Chromeskull', which said:

"Neocron - Tried this about a year ago... not going to again. id like some directions cheers, a little help? no? fine. Looked good... shame."

It really is a shame to see posts like that. I happen to know that the guy would have fit right into this community, and is incredibly good at most FPS games. It makes me wonder how many other players we've lost from a combination of rude forum posts and ignorance in game.

Some members of the community are VERY helpful. I made a new character a few months ago, and decided to 'act the noob' to see if I'd get any help. For the first 10 levels, I struggled on - asking for help, to no avail. Then, Riddle from the forum offered me a hand.

He gave me a load of advice, and gave me a few slotted lowbie weapons, without knowing it was me. I of course, told him after, and apologised for wasting his time, but I believe I paid him well for his troubles :)

Thinking back, it's a gesture like that; that got me hooked on the game. Someone called Natasha from uTs (Who were my enemies at the time) gave me a full set of rare parts to build my first Liberator - without me asking for them.

Anyway, apologies for killing your thread, and for ranting.

To the thread starter - welcome back. :)

Nskill is useful, but not if you don't have the first clue what skills you need your points in. There are more helpful people out there who will happily advise you on spy setups (I'm not one of them, as I've never had a spy). Good luck in your hunt :)

Yadot
09-12-08, 14:23
Loki thanks SilentEYE as well. You are right Loki with a population so small and the possibility of it ending rather soon I think its important that you try and show a little friendliness to attract more players than brush off.

Flib you may not realize it because you never stop playing but Neocron is very complicated system.

Back to the topic. Anyways I hope to get some playtime this weekend I will mess around with the nskill today at work and see what I can drum up Thanks everyone

SilentEye
09-12-08, 14:32
If you're playing on the Terra server, just add 'BlackMaze' and see if I'm on some time. I'll see if I can help ya out!

flib
10-12-08, 06:50
I posted google.com because I wasn't sure exactly what the link for nskill was, so I went ahead and assumed that he was smart enough to go to google, search for nskill, and open the first search result.

Flib you may not realize it because you never stop playing but Neocron is very complicated system.
That's a pretty dangerous insinuation.

Riddle
10-12-08, 12:12
How did i miss this? Yadot, if you PM me your ingame name or drop it in here i'll sort you out with some Free weapons to level with, just decide if you want to go pistol or rifle and stick to one :)

My connection is a bit ropey so it can be hit an miss whether i can get on or not but if i can you'll enjoy a visit to <<logans Emporium>>

And Loki, Thanks for the kind remarks, I always offer help to new runners, advice and set them up with some tools to earn themselves some cash, i.e a weapon or two!

I have always felt it important that new runners get on there feet, have their Q's answered and are welcomed to NC.........before they get introduced to the NC way of life. Provide them with a bit of padding before the onslaught.

You all know by that, i mean the innate atmosphere NC offers, and runners add to through a vast array of banter and abuse ;)

If they can ride the storm they will see the reward of Neocron.

Yadot
10-12-08, 15:35
You know what's funny I can't remember my ingame name I think its Yadah :)
I didn't pay attention. I am pretty sure I want to go Rifle for the rapid fire action but I have always wanted that Ray of God pistol. I think I will still go rifle. And I will look you up hopefully this week end.

I can't play to much simply becuase I have 2 jobs and I am really deep in the video game industry as an Indie trying to pitch my own game.

Yadot
11-12-08, 22:05
So my in game name is Yadot as well. Dude its funny, I met up with someone and they started helping me figure out the chat system again. I played for like 30 minutes this morning which made me late to work and everything. Anyways I am sure to be on this weekend getting my butt handed to me as I try and just level up my character.

boreal
12-12-08, 23:14
hey guy im too back from a FU** long time, i still got rhinodriver and daakutenshi.

add me and if you need help i can probably fix something for you (got all rifle from the lowess one to the rare one)

for other gun, hehe got a resser and cstr who can't wait to make think !!!!

and if people say they didn't get help, i know how it can be frustrated, myself i have leard the game the **Hard Way** and then i teach it to my bro, andd my friend, and his cousin..... we are now 7 to try recruit people !!!

common et need more people

Yadot
13-12-08, 00:49
Boreal what is your in game name?

james_finn
13-12-08, 14:25
Can I just suggest that if you are new you have a look at the Neocron Wiki (http://wiki.techhaven.org/) as we have a lot of useful information on there, which will help you level and show you the way around the neocron world.

/Delphi

zii
13-12-08, 17:35
A level 7 can take on a similar rank. At your level, I would go and hunt newbies in the cellars. I don't think you loose faction symth if you tackle an enemy anymore? (unsure about this last bit).

I did see a rank 17 unLEed chap in pp3 last night buying some ammo so these do exist. No, I did not beat him up.