PDA

View Full Version : My suggestions

Izeo
08-12-08, 03:09
Hi,

NC1 used to be my favorite game back in the day. I started playing again during the offered free time, and I don't know if I'll continue to stay but I haven't unsubscribed yet.. Either way, I really like this game, and I wanted to share some ideas that I thought would make it better.

Eesh... "Wall of text" I know, lol. Read only when you have some time to spare :)

Specialty Ammo/Mods:

Make a separate shop NPC (perhaps standing against the wall if all the counters are occupied) to sell specialty ammo and mods in Archer & Wesson etc shops. It's confusing to see this stuff sold in the normal shop NPCs, especially to new players. I'm talking about things like:
"Enh. 7.62mm Sniper Rounds"
"Ionic Shotgun Rounds"
"Enhanced Genotoxic 7.62mm Converter"
"5.56mm Converter: Fast Assault Bullets"

Let's say I'm a new player. I construct an Archer Companion Rifle for myself with 2 slots. Cool, so I can put two mods in it? What ammo does this gun use - oh, I can right-click it, look at its info, and see that it uses 5.56mm. I'll buy a "5.56mm Converter: S.W.A.T. Bullets", sounds cool. Hmm, why won't it work..?

There's nothing at all to tell players that those special mods only work in WOC guns. It's even more confusing that they are listed FIRST in the shops, before all the normal stuff. So maybe put them in a separate NPC off to the side somewhere named like:

"Archer & Wesson"
"Specialty Pistol, Rifle, Mods and Ammo" or "Specialty Weapons and Equipment"

I've talked with people about this in the Helpchat and saw a couple others asking the same thing. Someone also mentioned that they shouldn't sell those specialty ammo/mods in newbie Mc5, which is a good point, since new players would never be able to use them there anyway.

GeneRepping at death

When you die in the wasteland (or wherever), if you want to get back to the place you were as fast as possible, say because you dropped a belt, or because you friends are still there (and alive), the obvious choice is to determine which GeneRep location is closest to where you died, GeneRep there, and walk back, right? Well, it never seems to work out that way, because clans can lock the GeneRep's usage from other players, even if you are allied to the faction that owns it. Well, that's all fine, but it is not fair to punish the player for something they could not possibly know. If you choose to teleport to a GeneRep while dead, and it's "blocked", you do not get a message saying, "That location is blocked, choose another" -- you are sent back to your starter apartment, and charged for it too.

This is a real easy fix, and a practical suggestion I think. When you see the list of teleport destinations, it should list whether a location is possible to choose in the first place. Destinations which are "locked" to you should be grayed out and not selectable whatsoever. It's locked to me, so why should I be able to select it?

Replace missions: "Urgent Population Control"/"Regulators Wanted"

Originally I simply had a new idea for a citycom mission, but I recently tried the aforementioned missions and I think they could be removed and the following idea could be added as a replacement.

I recently attempted several of these "Urgent Population Control" or "Regulators Wanted" missions (there are more titles than those two but they are the same), and this is what happens:

- First, you get the mission and read the briefing from the CityCom, but all it tells you is to visit an NPC first of the faction of which you are doing the mission for.
- Secondly, you visit the NPC, who tells you that you must kill X amount of a certain mob that are "in the area" of the same faction. For very easy it seems to be 10 enemies, for very hard it is 30 enemies.
- Third, you find and kill those enemies.
- Lastly, you need to go back to the first NPC to get the mission complete reward.
Mission reward for a "Very easy" one of these: 50 xp for all skills, 400 NC

Now, you all already know this, but this is the process of the "QUICKJOB" missions:

- First, you get the mission from the CityCom which tells you which enemy you need to kill 5 of.
- Lastly, you kill them and automatically get the reward. You never even have to visit the HQ of the faction you are working for.
Mission reward for a "Very easy" one of these: 50 xp for all skills, 400 NC

See the problem? The first ones ("Population Control" etc) are MUCH more of a hassle. You don't know what the enemy will be at first, you have to go to the HQ and talk to someone first, then there's actually FINDING the obscure enemies they want you to kill, then you have to go back to that HQ again -- and the reward is the exact same as the Quickjob missions. So, why even bother with those longer ones!?

I'm in N.E.X.T and for kicks I tried the "Very hard" "Population Control" mission. I've tried it about 10 times. Every single time, it asks me to kill "30 SMALL LIZARDS". Thirty. Thirty!! I've never even seen "Small Lizard" except maybe in the newbie MC5 cave, and in the newbie Twilight Guardian levelling caves. There are some lizards in an abandoned cellar hatch in PP-1, but nope, those are "Iguanas" and "Big Iguanas", and those don't count for the mission, obviously. Compare the hassle of finding and killing 30 of those rare enemies with killing only five Launcher Cyclops and getting the exact same reward!

Another funny one of those missions (maybe the "normal" or "easy" difficulty level, I forget) asks you to kill "20 RABID DOGS". Geez! Well, I know where ONE of those dogs are.. I think.. in the Outzone but near the subway? Or was that a "Fierce Hound"? See? Why do those offer you only obscure really hard to find enemies!?

So, here's my idea for a replacement for "Urgent Population Control" "Regulators Wanted" etc missions. Call it "Quickjob: Kill group A". "A" is a random group of 'similar' enemies. Examples:
"Quickjob: Kill group Mutant"
"Quickjob: Kill group Dog"
"Quickjob: Kill group Plant"
"Quickjob: Kill group Robot"
etc..

The mission could call for getting a certain number of 'kill points' on enemies of that group's type, depending on mission difficulty (very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard). Very easy may need 6 enemy points, easy - 9 enemy points, normal - 14 enemy points, hard - 21 enemy points, very hard - 30 enemy points. When you kill an enemy, you get a certain number of points depending on the mob's actual rank.

1/1 to 10/10 = 1 point
11/11 to 20/20 = 2 points
21/21 to 30/30 = 3 points
31/31 to 40/40 = 4 points
41/41 to 50/50 = 5 points
51/51 to 60/60 = 6 points .. etc ...

So, let's say someone tries a "Quickjob: Kill group Mutant" on "very easy". They need 6 killpoints. They could either kill three 15/15 small mutants, getting 2 points each, totalling 6 points. Or they could kill one 52/52 Launcher Cyclops, giving 6 points alone. Point numbers might need tweaking a little bit, and the mission XP/reward would have to be balanced so that people would still have a reason for doing the normal Quickjob missions, like "Quickjob: Kill Launcher Cyclops". It should be a situational thing - sometimes a player may want to do a specific Quickjob for killing one enemy, and sometimes they might want to do the group one. I don't want these new missions to make the "QUICKJOB" missions obsolete, however, I feel these new missions could replace those "Urgent Population Control" missions mentioned earlier (because: too hard to find, takes way longer, have to talk to NPC before and after mission, mission reward the same as quickjobs, etc).

Item Quantity Counter Bug

This is really a bug I think but it's quite annoying. It involves item counters, like when you can input a number to sell a large amount of items at once to Yo's, like to sell 19 Mutated Limbs at once, and when moving quantities of items to or from your GoGuardian, or into a trade window, etc.

Here is the bug:

Let's say I have 19 Mutated Limbs and 19 Tufts of Hair to sell to Yo's. I click on the Mutated Limbs, and click on the comically tiny number counter window, and type "19", then click Sell. Good, sold them all. Now, my 19 Tufts of Hair are highlighted in the shop window, and "19" is still inputted in the quantity field. Convenient! I click Sell again... but instead of selling all 19, it only sells 1. Why? It "forgets" that you have "19" inputted in, and defaults back to "1", but it doesn't actually show you that on your client. So you have to keep inputting new numbers in that input box to sell all your item stacks... or click on it again, delete the old number, and input "19" again, which is just.. redundant.

Now, the bug also happens when moving quantities of stuff from anywhere to anywhere. Let's say I have 100 Weaponpart 1's and 150 Weaponpart 2's. I want to give my friend 50 of each. So, we open trade, and I try to use the slider bar to get the number on "50" Weaponpart 1's, but it won't let me get it exactly to 50 because there's too many (it might skip from like 49, to 52, or something). So, I click on the again, comically tiny number input field, and type in "50". Then click "OK". Good, 50 of them are placed in the trade window. Now, when I drag and drop the stack of 150 Weaponpart 2's over, the quantity slider comes up again, and it's already on "50", since it's the last number I inputted. Convenient, again! So I click OK. But instead of placing 50 Weaponpart 2's in the trade, it will place 75. Why? Because it for some reason remembers the ratio of the first quantity movement - it doesn't remember that I moved 50, but it DOES remember that I moved exactly 50% of my initial stack. So, since I "haven't changed anything", it will move 50% of the second stack as well. But this is obviously incorrect since it should be going by the actual number that's input in the field, not the ratio it remembers.

Item Descriptions

There's a lot of items that have no item descriptions, so it can be quite confusing, especially to new players. For example, I noticed there were some new loot items in the game. I'd never seen "Malformed Brain" or "Mutated Entrails" drop from mutants before, ever, even back in NC1. But then, I killed two Swamp Glider things. One of them dropped something like "Swamp glider carcass". I thought it looked just like monster junk that you'd sell to YO's, but I did at first think there was something special about it. So, to check if it was special, to be safe, I right-clicked it -> Show Info. "There is no description available for this item." OK, so it must just be new monster junk like Mutated Entrails I thought, and sold it to YO's. Later I learned it was worth a lot because it was a TROPHY item. Why's there no description even explaining that it's a rare find? What about, "This is a rare animal carcass which you obtained by slaying a creature. With the right materials, it can be recycled into a valuable trophy."

Another thing that comes to mind is item descriptions for weaponmods. I don't think any of the melee weaponmods have descriptions. I had forgotten that the first two melee mods in the shop are for non-hightech, and the last 3 melee mods are for hightech. It took me a really long time to figure that out again because there's nothing that tells me that information. For the first two mods.. Diferro-Tetraoxid-Liquid and Titan-Carbondiclorid, could say, "This is a weaponmod for enhancing blunt or edged melee weapons." The last three, Energy Core Enhancement, Prism Enhancer, etc, should say, "This is a weaponmod for enhancing high-tech melee weapons."

BD Outzone Guards / NPC Placement

The BD guards right near the Outzone subway zone have really poor placement. Why are they even there? It looks like they're guarding something but I can't even see what it is. If they are guarding a doorway to some zone, let them give warnings so new players have enough time to get away. Or put them inside the door they're guarding (if it's a door), like in the next zone, and have them give warnings. The placement is so bad for having them shoot on sight, because it's so easy for a player to run by them from the other direction, and lure them into the subway zone hallway.. the zone line. Then other players die right when they zone into the Outzone on that zone line. Go ahead and keep the ones in that club in the pit in Outzone-1, with that Mr. Hardwood guy.. those guys are fine down there because they're down in that pit, and we don't have to run past them to get anywhere. But take out the ones right by the zone line.. In fact, why are there even BD guards that shoot on sight in the Outzone anyways? But there's no CityAdmin guards that shoot anti-city on sight, except in HQs? The COPBOTs don't care about TGs running around in the city so why should BD guards be shooting pro-city guys in the OZ? especially when it's mainly a newbie leveling area? That's hardly fair.

Anti-city Vs. Pro-city NPCs

To kind of add to the last thing, I have noticed another thing that doesn't quite make sense in the world of Neocron regarding anti-city vs. pro-city NPCs. Alright so... as it is now, anti-city are free to roam Neocron. The COPBOTs do not care that the anti-city are there, and there are only CityAdmin guards inside the actual HQs. So, anti-city are free to roam Neocron as long as they don't go in an enemy HQ. I just recently GRed to Twilight Guardian (in fact, I'm not even sure how I got that GR location since I'm pro-city and not capped either), so I could meet someone near Gaia Mine. The guards seemed to ignore me, either that or they had an anger time of greater than 5 secs and do NOT give text warnings, (ex: "Get out of here or we will open fire!!!"), but as I tried to LEAVE Twilight Guardian, I was one-shotted in the back by one of the door guards. Why? It's lame because I was only trying to leave, it's not like they were "defending me from getting inside"... I was already inside. Obviously, NPCs can't be smart enough to know that, I know. But... Why are anti-city killing pro-city in their city? But anti-city are allowed to freely roam in >>THE<< pro-city City.. Neocron City. This means TG players have access to all the smugglers, vendors, missions, EVERYTHING, in their own TG canyon (I saw PLENTY of Smugglers there and I know there are several items that can only be bought in TG), AND everything else in pro-city areas too. But pro-city players only have access to pro-city areas. How is this balanced?

Izeo
08-12-08, 03:10
Small/Fast enemy Loot

There are some enemies that are small and/or very fast compared to other enemies, yet they drop the same amount of loot, cash, and XP as a larger, slower enemy, with the same rank. I think this is unfair. A couple examples are dragonflies, and Cyberbeetles in the MB levelling halls.

The reason it is unfair is because I believe the overall difficulty of the mob should be what determines the reward, not just the rank. Of course the game cannot know the overall difficulty of fighting dragonflies etc, but maybe for enemies that are obviously of slightly increased difficulty because of speed, hitbox size, etc, loot amount, XP and cash could be slightly increased.

P2 PvP, COPBOTs, and STORMBOTs:

Everybody's probably going to disagree with me here but I'll try. I think the COPBOTs and STORMBOTs suck, and I think Plaza 1-4 should be safe. Not because I'm "Carebear" and am afraid of getting PKed, since I still have my LE in anyways and I don't intend to PvP. I highly doubt I'm going to cap and get everything I need to PvP anyhow (WOC items, best PowerArmors, best drugs...) -- in fact, I really don't even want to try to get all that.-- I'm fine with PvE with friends, tradeskilling, and attempting to support each other (build items for each other etc).

The reason I feel COPBOTs/STORMBOTs should be better is because I don't think the fighting in Plaza thing makes any sense. What's the logic behind not being able to draw a weapon in P-1, and then suddenly there's a full-blown war on the zoneline in P-2? And COPBOTs standing there, doing nothing, as plasma and bullets fly everywhere right behind their backs? And if the COPBOTs do attack someone, they miss all the time, and only do about 30 damage?! Aren't they supposed to be like an elite security force who use fear to scare runners into behaving and conforming to CityAdmin's law?

I think it'd make more sense to have PvP in Pepper Park again instead of P-2, since there's visual warnings and implications that that area is dangerous. Less COPBOTs and less security there, more beggars and bums, Tsunami (implying sex), Black Dragon (implying drugs), Crahn (implying evil/dark arts), in a whole suggesting illegal, "bad", or dangerous behavior. It just makes sense to have PvP there. However it DOESN'T make sense to have PvP in the most heavily COPBOT-patrolled "safe" area.

If it must stay that way where you can still draw weapons, then I think there should be more COPBOTs in the Plaza zones to actually discourage fighting like they're supposed to, and make them able to hit targets well again. What ever happened to those beam-from-above COPBOT rifles they used to use? Those worked just fine I think - no rampant missing with those.

Blueprints breaking on Construction missions

Sometimes the blueprints can be destroyed on these missions with a combination of bad luck and a skill that isn't high enough. It is a little weird to have to cancel the mission because of this, and then throw the mission items on the ground like junk. I think it'd be cool if you get a new dialogue with the mission NPC if you talk to him after already receiving the needed parts from him. So, you talk to him once, he says "Are you here for the job?" or whatever, tells you he needs you to make a mission-part for him, and gives you the parts. If you talk to him again after that, the conversation could go like this:

NPC "What do you need? Did you break your blueprints or something?"
Choice1 "No, everything is fine. I'll get back to work." #GOTO: BackToWork
Choice2 "Yes, I accidentally broke the blueprints. Could I get some more?" #GOTO: Broken

#BackToWork
NPC "Good luck with your work." (click to end)

#Broken
NPC "Be more careful, please. I can make new blueprints for you, but our supplies are finite."
Choice1 "Sorry. Yeah, I'll take another blueprint, please." #GOTO: NewBP
Choice2 "Abort my mission, please. I won't screw up next time." #GOTO: Aborting

#Aborting

NPC "Your mission has been aborted. Do you think an easier mission would suit you? I'll take whatever mission parts you have left. Have a nice day, runner." (NPC takes any leftover mission sub-parts) (click to end)

#NewBP
NPC "We need this part as soon as possible. If you still experience difficulties, perhaps try an easier mission. Here are the new blueprints. Good luck." (you receive a new blueprint) (click to end)

Lost vehicle

Since vehicle zonebugs and disconnects/crashes are prone to happen every once in a while, it'd be nice if you could see your own vehicles on your sector map as blue dots or something, since sometimes when you zone or crash, your vehicle is no longer near you.

Might add some new stuff later but these are all I can think of for now. If you read everything, I really appreciate that, thanks, and please give feedback or counters to my ideas if you want.

naimex
08-12-08, 04:38
Specialty Ammo/Mods:

A new type of shopvendor for the specialty ammos and mods, sounds reasonable.

And then simply not have that type of vendor in a-mc5 sounds easy enough too.

Not having that vendor in a-mc5 would then solve the second inconvenience you are referring to.

However removing it only from the vendors in a-mc5, would be a foolish way to do it, compared to the other solution, since it would still require a new vendor type to be set up then, and then they might aswell use the time to make the specialty vendor instead.

So, the bunnies think this is a good idea.

GeneRepping at death

Sounds like a good idea, but I am very very certain that it's a harder than you make it sound.

I think that it works that when you die, it loads a list of gene replicators you have tagged, and it doesnt check if you can generep to that gr until you actually choose to gr to it.

So what you are suggesting, if my theory on how it works is correct, would require the on death gr load list to check up on permissions both when you die, and every time you login, after you have died, to see if the permissions have changed, and it could produce a lag, slow load effect, or during a fatal error make your characters i want to generep to this location bug, and simply not show any option.

but since i would assume it uses the same code everytime you attempt to gr, both dead and alive, you would make it a lot slower everytime, not to mention everytime a person touches a gr, it would have to make a database query of some sort, which could produce a lot of stress with the database server, and possibly pose a direct threat to all data in the database, if someone was using a third party program.

Therefore bunnies do not think this feature likely at all in the forseeable future.

Replace missions: "Urgent Population Control"/"Regulators Wanted"

The bunnies do not wish to comment on this question, since they really dont care either way.

Item Quantity Counter Bug

Bunnies think this should be fixed, not because it's a fatal thing, but because it's a nuisance.

Item Descriptions

Novelty items, ESPECIALLY recipe / recycling stuff, is not meant to be obtainable that easy. I seem to recall an ancient ancient topic from back when monks were portrayed on the skies as slot gods, that a GM or MOD wrote that recycling recipies were put in as adventure items, ie. items that people should stumble upon by coincidence, and thus add a mysterious aspect to the game, or a puzzle to solve, so they could find out what other mysterious recipies there could be.

I even remember several NPCs that most people thought of as just random chit chat and atmosphere that hinted at some of the recipies.

So, I don't think all item's should be described, and if they should, they shouldnt reveal all theirp otential, a malformed brain could simply be... gooey.

BD Outzone Guards / NPC Placement

Black Dragon deal with a lot of illegal substances, they are rogues, thieves and leisure bringers.

If you were a drug lord, would you want random people touring your laboratories and coca fields?

I think not.

Anti-city Vs. Pro-city NPCs

Okay.

Lets try this one.

COPBOTS and STORMBOTS are protectors of peace, they do not care about politics, they are only interested in soul light.

If a player is peacefull, he is no threat to them or the society they keep the peace of.

The pro-city, anti-city is really not a war as such.

My storyline is kinda rusty, but i believe it goes something like CA founder and TG founder were once friends, then they disagreed on how to run things, and they became political enemies, but never really war-enemies, but since their followers grew up in different environments, with different kinds of propaganda, some / a lot of them became fanatics, and then it came to violence.

But as said, my neocron history is quite rusty.

--------

I cut off your descriptive questions / proposals, since it said i had used 3798 charactesr too many.

naimex
08-12-08, 04:46
Small/Fast enemy Loot

Nah, they are fine as they are, and give diversity and realism to the game.

A malaria mosquito is quite fast, deadly and hard to see, but it's deadly anyways because of the parasites it has.

Yet, I've never seen them give money.

If you think they are too much trouble for their worth... stop hunting them.

P2 PvP, COPBOTs, and STORMBOTs:

The beam copbot rifles, were banned from the game. anyone in possession of one, or ammo for it, was told to hand it in to a GM.

Because the beam weapons were not only illogical and unfair due to lack of requirement for line of sight, but also way way too overpowered.

They were also removed, so that it was actually possible to "overtake" the city, without requiring 300 people, storming in, which would then destabilize the entire zone.

The Plaza 1 is as it is, so that player trade is possible, without having to have LE in.

And to be quite honest, the scene you just described actually just adds that many more reasons why plaza 1 should NOT be a safezone.

So you should really just be glad that it is as it is.

Blueprints breaking on Construction missions

Should cost you a fee in that case, since, it's really not the NPCs problem that you are not properly skilled for the mission you took.

Lost vehicle

Cool idea actually.

No idea how they would implement it, but the bunnies like it.

L0KI
08-12-08, 12:29
Izeo,

Excellent post, and some very well presented ideas.

You make some excellent points, most of which I agree with.

My views on PvP in P2, 3 & 4 is that it should be all or nothing. I agree that it makes no sense that P1 is a safe zone, and P2 is like entering a war zone. It's stupid.

So, either make ALL Plaza zones safe again, or get rid of the safe zones all together.

On the subject of NPCs battling it out in Plaza 1, it was excellent to watch the BD/TS guards walking towards CA HQ, only to be gunned down each and every time. It added to the intense atmosphere. The only downside (Again) was that we weren't able to join in.

On the whole, I agree with you. There are a couple of points I disagree with, but you've clearly put a hell of a lot of thought and effort into the posts, so you'll get no negativity from me. :)

Izeo
29-12-08, 01:44
Thanks for the replies naimex and L0KI. :) and thank you both for reading the thread, when I was done with it I was afraid no one would. :D

Izeo,

Excellent post, and some very well presented ideas.

You make some excellent points, most of which I agree with.

My views on PvP in P2, 3 & 4 is that it should be all or nothing. I agree that it makes no sense that P1 is a safe zone, and P2 is like entering a war zone. It's stupid.

So, either make ALL Plaza zones safe again, or get rid of the safe zones all together.

On the subject of NPCs battling it out in Plaza 1, it was excellent to watch the BD/TS guards walking towards CA HQ, only to be gunned down each and every time. It added to the intense atmosphere. The only downside (Again) was that we weren't able to join in.

On the whole, I agree with you. There are a couple of points I disagree with, but you've clearly put a hell of a lot of thought and effort into the posts, so you'll get no negativity from me. :)

Thanks! I feel the same way about the safezones, it needs to be one or the other, not an awkward mix of both. If safezones are removed completely, of course, to compensate for the increase of danger of being PKed while in your own area (TG canyon, TH, NC city, MB, etc), then the guards/COPBOTs need to be placed better, and be effective enough to ward off most attacks. It should still be possible to invade an enemy area, but very hard, or else it'd be exploited.

-

Here are my other ideas which I had forgotten before. The first one is kind of an edit to an old idea which I wasn't too informed about. I won't add any more suggestions here since I realized there is a brainport thread. Although.. these are pretty much all my ideas, doubt I'll think of anything else, and, lol, I doubt I should've crammed this in that thread anyhow!

Dragon's Wrath NPCs

I know now the Dragon's Wrath guys are spawns for the CA epic, I think? So in this case... well, it would be dumb to have them only spawn in one dungeon or somewhere if they are needed to add atmosphere for the CA epic. However, they COULD be coded to only shout obscenities at low level players, or give warnings to low level players before firing. Or maybe something like this? They react to you depending on your rank:

Rank --/0 to --/22
-They simply repeatedly shout at you angrily but never open fire, unless you shoot them. Things like "Get out of here, wimp!" "F--- off!" "Hahaha! Looks like this kid's lost!" etc

Rank --/23 to --/44
-They do the thing, which is already coded in some guards, where they give 3 warnings and then open fire.

Rank --/45 +
-They shoot without warning.

Because really... be fair! Some of the Mr. Jones missions require players to go to the outzone. Imagine a new player trying to do a "starter mission" and getting one-shotted on the zoneline of the subway. He or she is going to be confused, "Well, this is a low-level mission.. and it's telling me to go *here*, but the enemies there kill me in one hit. What am I supposed to be doing?"

Displayed Vehicles at ASG stores

The 4x4 chaincraft jeep (the one that looks like the Reveler) is still on display at ALL ASG stores, however, not one of them sells it anymore. It's a N.E.X.T. item now. Early on, my friend and I had a very hard time finding this out, because, surely if only three items are on display at a store, those three items (and more) would be available for purchase there, right? The shops could display three of these four vehicles instead: Wheeler speedbike, Chaincraft v.1 (the bike), Wheeler V.2 (the red car thing), and the Hovertec.

Faction HQ GR price

I think you should get some sort of discount when GRing to or from your current faction's HQ. Maybe not a huge discount, but surely they should charge you less than someone from another faction using their GeneRep.

Adv. Bone Enforcement Graphics

I think the colors of the Adv. Headbone and Adv. Foot enforcement are switched around. It's kind of hard to explain with text, but if you look at them you'll see what I mean. The foot one is more obvious. To see the error in the headbone graphic, first look at which part of the graphic is Gold colored on the Basic headbone, then look at which part is gold on the Adv. one.

Recycling Diseased/Rotten Flesh

I'm pretty sure Rotten and Diseased Flesh have no possible use in the game as far as NC worth or creating another item, or recycling, or... anything besides throwing at other players. It would be neat if you could, for example, recycle 5 Rotten Flesh into one "Big piece of flesh". Or 5 Diseased Flesh into the same thing. Or, perhaps, recycling two (of the same type) gets you Small piece of flesh, 4 of the same type gets you Medium piece of flesh and 6 of the same type gets you a Big piece. Of course, this wouldn't be a big advantage at all, but it'd be at least one possible use for them. Sure it's diseased, or rotten, but by moving around the molecules or whatever (what the recycle tool does) surely there'd be at least a little bit of clean, edible part left.

MC5 Vehicle Component Mission

In newbie MC5, the security chief allows you to find implant parts (3 of each type). There is an anti-city NPC right outside that allows you to do a mission to find vehicle components, 3 of each type. However they don't drop in boxes or robots anymore, and haven't for a very long time. That mission could be changed to armor parts, or weaponmod parts. The reason I don't suggest WEAPONparts, is because weaponparts are still somewhat useful. Armor or weaponmodparts would go along more with the current doable mission for the implant parts, since implant parts are also pretty useless (like armor parts and weaponmodparts).

naimex
29-12-08, 15:07
more or less like the latest ideas, have too much of a headache to comment on them right now.

Obsidian X
29-12-08, 15:31
I like this thread. Its a long read, but most of these ideas are logical, simple and (I assume) relatively easy to implement. I particularly like the idea of sorting out Citycom missions (I'd forgotten there were even other types of mission besides quickjob and Tradeskill missions).

Both the situation with Plaza and the copbots however is a bit more complicated. At the beginning of NC2 retail, they were all unsafe zones. At first, it was the kind of pants-shitting-looking-over-your-shoulder kind of scary that everyone craved. Soon the idiots took over, and there was a massive problem with allied PKers. At some point Plaza 1 one was made safe to try and quell the problems, and the copbots were stripped of their physics-defying beam weapons. I guess my point is that many tweaks have been made to the Plaza zones and their defenses in order to try and satisfy what is perceived to be the majority. Making Plaza 1 safe recreated zone-whoring but also gave lowbie runners a central place to get pokes/tradeskills without needing to go to TH. I think opinion is pretty divided on the whole Plaza issue.

All good points though, and definitely something I'd back! :)

SilentEye
31-12-08, 11:35
Nice suggestions. I really like them.

The only thing that makes me frown is the thought that most probably your suggestions will be left for dead.

:(

L0KI
31-12-08, 12:19
Most definitely.

Again, I like your latest ideas Izeo!

NAPPER
31-12-08, 13:01
i agree with everything but 2 things.

PVP in the city no matter how many copbots/strombots u get in the city the main guys that go fight at p2 with just find another zone line like pepper park to plaza zone line.

and about the broke BPs that nothing to do with luck its due to the skill lvl of that guy thats all if u have enough points in cst/ress whatever u will never break it.

Izeo
02-01-09, 02:02
Thanks naimex, Obsidian, Silent, L0KI and Napper

NAPPER I agree with your Pepper Park statement - if Plaza was safe they would move to PP, that's where I think the fighting should be. :) I don't dislike the Plaza fighting because it's inconvenient for me, I dislike it because it kills the atmosphere -- doesn't make much sense to have a war right there, but it does (imo) make sense to have fights in PP zones (less security and 'bad' factions and stuff).

The CST thing is somewhat random though. You are right in that once your skill is high enough it may never break. But there's also most definitely a point where you can build them most of the time, but sometimes, they break.

I do agree with naimex' idea about having the NPC charge you for the new blueprint. In fact originally, I had the conversation have him charge you 80 nc for a new BP, but then I remembered you also get charged to abort the mission. So actually, what would work best would be if the NPC charged you the "Mission abort fee" minus 15 nc or so. So if a "Normal" difficulty CST mission costs 90 nc to abort the mission, then the NPC would charge you 75 nc for the new blueprint. This is to create an incentive for going back and talking to the NPC and getting a new one, instead of aborting and throwing the parts on the ground. Even though the incentive would be really small, lol.

flib
02-01-09, 07:42
I would prefer there were no outside safe-zones.
The only safezones would be headquarters and maybe clubs, etc, if even those. Even those wouldn't have to be if there were enough guards and the guards used the older-stye guns so that they can't be exploited to kill innocent people.
This would force people to stay in their headquarters/apartments for safety which would be a much better atmosphere in my opinion.
Another cool example: if you want to do a deal for Black Dragon drugs, you either need to find a middleman, or find a way to do a deal on neutral ground, which can be risky, which suits the atmosphere of Neocron.
This would really be best to do with a larger population, but with the population at what is is now, a new patch would cause a decent spike in population, especially with the change of P1 to not a safe-zone. (it would also be a good idea to default all players location to their main apartment so that people don't get a chance to pwn everyone who rejoins the game for the first time after the patch)
Also, get rid of LE. (or make it stop working after level 30 or something)

NAPPER
02-01-09, 08:18
I would prefer there were no outside safe-zones.
The only safezones would be headquarters and maybe clubs, etc, if even those. Even those wouldn't have to be if there were enough guards and the guards used the older-stye guns so that they can't be exploited to kill innocent people.
This would force people to stay in their headquarters/apartments for safety which would be a much better atmosphere in my opinion.
Another cool example: if you want to do a deal for Black Dragon drugs, you either need to find a middleman, or find a way to do a deal on neutral ground, which can be risky, which suits the atmosphere of Neocron.
This would really be best to do with a larger population, but with the population at what is is now, a new patch would cause a decent spike in population, especially with the change of P1 to not a safe-zone. (it would also be a good idea to default all players location to their main apartment so that people don't get a chance to pwn everyone who rejoins the game for the first time after the patch)
Also, get rid of LE. (or make it stop working after level 30 or something)

You have some good points and some bad ones u are making the game total pvp with ur idea about the le coming out at lvl 30 and no safe zones what happens to the people that dont want to fight just want to collect rares or just tradeskill.

You would have alot of players running around for pokes/tradeskill services. The only thing that would happen if u got rid of the safe-zones in all the city apart from HQs the fight would go back to City Admin HQ like it was the last time p1 was a free for all

So u want a game where the only other runners u will see are the ones that want to pvp

the guards used the older-stye guns so that they can't be exploited to kill innocent people.

Fancey going AFK in p1 lol.

I dont think the le coming out at 30 is a good idea at all it makes people take they le out at what str 40 to 50 now if ur walking down the street your le just poped out and u come across some guy with a cs and u have a store bought tl 60 none rare the guy thats just lost his le might as well just bend over and tense up as soon as he sees a swirly

flib
02-01-09, 09:37
I was being semi-sarcastic about the LE part.

You have some good points and some bad ones u are making the game total pvp with ur idea about the le coming out at lvl 30 and no safe zones what happens to the people that dont want to fight just want to collect rares or just tradeskill.
With enough people actually playing, you could theoretically be able to go outside of your hq and not have to worry too much about being shot because there would also be plenty of other runners of the same faction around to protect you/rezz you. If you want to go running around

You would have alot of players running around for pokes/tradeskill services. The only thing that would happen if u got rid of the safe-zones in all the city apart from HQs the fight would go back to City Admin HQ like it was the last time p1 was a free for allNot necessarily. If this is instated with a lot of people like there would be ideally, people would fight near their enemy's hq's. Biotech and Tangent would fight in their ViaRosso sectors. As far as pokes and tradeskills, with enough people, there would be those people in their own hq, and if not, they can gr to the hq of a another faction where those services are available.
It's a matter of atmosphere. It makes faction matter. Right now factions are pretty much pointless. Most idiots don't care about their faction, it's just where there friends/clan are, or where the most people to shoot at are.

So u want a game where the only other runners u will see are the ones that want to pvp No, you'll see plenty of people inside of the HQ's and clubs and stuff. I personally like the sound of the streets of Neocron being dangerous and the hq's and clubs being safe havens. Does that not suit the atmosphere of Neocron.

I dont think the le coming out at 30 is a good idea at all it makes people take they le out at what str 40 to 50 now if ur walking down the street your le just poped out and u come across some guy with a cs and u have a store bought tl 60 none rare the guy thats just lost his le might as well just bend over and tense up as soon as he sees a swirlyThis is Neocron, it's supposed to be dangerous.

I'm not going to argue about the LE being removed from the game. The game would need some serious expansion in order for that to be a feasible option.

NAPPER
02-01-09, 10:07
I would leave it upto the people themselfs to say rather or not they live or die with or without the LE