PDA

View Full Version : Hack & loot question ...

Kalonji Faya
04-12-08, 12:56
Hi all !

Me and a friend are doing doy quest (yes, the long & hard quest :/ ),
my friend has a tank and I have a hacker PPU ... as I make no dmg to mobs, and as loot is damage based from what I know, will I be able to loot parts (I mean the parts I need for the mission, I dont care about normal items loot ^^) on the mobs I'll hack even If I make no dmg to em ?!

thanks in advance for your answers !!

Kalonji (PPU, terra)

CMaster
04-12-08, 13:27
Yes.
However, for he first 30-60 seconds after a kill, the hack is made very difficult for anybody except the one who got the kill. But regardless, loot is determined at the moment a mob dies, not when somebody opens it.

Riddle
04-12-08, 13:28
True ^^ just wait for a moment or two before you begin the hack.

Kalonji Faya
04-12-08, 14:05
thanks for your answers ^^

indeed I knew I had to wait about 30 secs so I could hack easily, but I made a test on the lvl56 Decommissioned Cyborg GD305 :

- first I let my tankmate kill the mob, I wait so I have access & easy loot, I hack, and loot.

- secondly, I tried casting a soucluster to kill the mobs then hack them ...

Well, in the first test, I've looted no parts on 10 mobs killed, in second test I've looted 1 part for 3 or 4 mobs killed ...

Thats why I was wondering how will it work for other mobs I wont be able to kill with my soulcluster ^^

but with what Cmaster and logan told me I can imagine I had no luck on my first test :p

@ logan's : thats about months I'm telling myself I should visit Logan Emporium at p1 dont be surprised if you see me arriving :D furthermore one of my noob chars needs noob stuff built :D so cya IG :p

Powerpunsh
04-12-08, 14:51
You need no parts for the doyrun. Its just killing 35 Doomreaper, then speak to the TG outpost one sector west to ceres (If i remind right) and then kill the 50 Warbots.

Never collected parts for the mission. :p

Kalonji Faya
04-12-08, 14:59
It's not Doy run, its Woc Doy mission, the new mission in doy dungeons to obtain new woc kqlqsh, swat gun and swat rifle ^^

and you need to loot parts for it I can assure you :p

Mighty Max
04-12-08, 15:09
Well, in the first test, I've looted no parts on 10 mobs killed, in second test I've looted 1 part for 3 or 4 mobs killed ...

That's just random.
You can do complete levels without any part and on the next run have one in every second.

There is a killer dependency on looting tho. When you get a bit above the mobs rank with your combat rank, the regular loot is replaced with a default "junk" loot. But that should not happen on 120/120 mobs.

Kalonji Faya
04-12-08, 15:40
kk was not sure about that thats why I asked coz I know there are some Nc masters round here :p

@logans or riddle or whatever the name of wiki admin is: could you pm a link with mission writing template for nc wiki ?! I'd like to write the FAR 6000 mission guide but really dont know how to do ^^

Riddle
04-12-08, 16:13
your doing this Mission (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Dome_of_York_Mission) at the moment, done that myself a few times and it is like mighty said, "Totally Random".

As for the template in future missions, Here (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Template:Mission) is the current template, just fill in the blanks. If you get stuck look at the source of the Jones:Assassin (http://wiki.techhaven.org/JonesGuide:Assassin) page or just do what you can on a new page and the admins will tidy it up for youhttp://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

Kalonji Faya
04-12-08, 16:53
cheeers !! I couldn't find the template, now I have it I can begin writing the mission guide ! Hope ths will help some players ^^

thanks for all people that helped me :)

and hope I'll see you all ingame soon :p

Kalonji

Riddle
04-12-08, 17:42
cheeers !! I couldn't find the template, now I have it I can begin writing the mission guide ! Hope ths will help some players ^^
No problem, the guide will be sure to help people, in fact the guides are some of the most popular wiki pages, including the more obscure missions!