PDA

View Full Version : [OT] For all Facebook Users

Rascil
03-12-08, 23:21
Hi there,

I am doing my masters at the moment and we had to write a Facebook application

URL:

http://apps.new.facebook.com/friendspy/

Please help me and say your opinion brave Wariors of Hyborian.

THe aplication is for finbding more info from your friends..

So please have a look and say what you think, this would realy help me!

Thanks a lot

Greeds

Rascil

Obsidian X
04-12-08, 00:42
Could you provide more information about the specifics of this application? I'm reluctant to try it to myself as it sounds like it might contravene the rules of what Facebook applications are allowed to do (feel free to correct me if I've got it wrong)!

That aside, if it actually has a use rather than the same old pirate/ninja/werewolf crap then I'm all for it!

Rascil
04-12-08, 01:40
No, its is aproved from Facebook.

What it does is anylize the music of your friends profile and using audioscrobler api for findign tags for the Musicbands... then collecting it for all music bands and display the analysis in a table..

So when you do not have a clue about the bands your friend is listening for example I can display wich style it is...

Same with Movies and so on..

I do not store any data or do Dataminig with this stuff ..

The only thing wich is stored is the UserID of the spying person for a kind of Highscore thing( they forced me do brigns such crfab in *g*).

But you can read this in the Privacy terms as well.. and this application is gone to the testing process from Facebook and they aproved the application. It is official in the Application Databas from Facebook.

So really you do not have to fear that I do some bulshit with this....

I only wanted your opinion as a old runner to runner :-).

Cu
Rascil

Habrok
04-12-08, 11:49
I'm sorry, advertising is against the forum rules, even if its non-commercial.

Thread Closed,

Thankyou Kindly,

Habrok