PDA

View Full Version : Question about 'condition' on items

SilentEye
03-12-08, 10:08
Hey,

I'm wondering the following;

I find it a very annoying idea that my outstanding ultimated phosphor pain easer will not be available to use for ever.

I understand that at some point the condition will reach 0% and it needs to be repaired, that's fine.

The stupid thing is that the maximum condition will drop right? Will it drop a lot? How many times will you aproximatly be able to repair an item before it runs dry completely?

Is there anything I can do to slow it down? The only idea I have is to use the pain easer only for PvP, but that's just silly, I want to use it always...

BlackMaze :)

awkward silence
03-12-08, 10:42
If you get a decent repper youll loose around 2-3 points from /***

flib
03-12-08, 11:18
That's not stupid, it's supposed to resemble realism. In my whole 2 years of playing the game, the only thing I've ever worn out to 0%/0% is a pair of Crahn Blessed Spirit Pants that I somehow looted from a mutant on my very first character ever back in August 2006.
You won't break your gun nearly as often from PvP as you will from PvE. Even if you do manage to somehow get your gun down to 0%/0%, just buy another one. It's just a 2 slot or whatever Pain Easer. By the time you manage to break it fully, you'll probably have a better one, or you'll have more than enough money to get another one.

Seriously though, be a man; things break.

SilentEye
03-12-08, 11:27
I understand your points, the thing is I just started playing again after about a year, I don't mind putting some time or money into buying new things but I am under the impression that getting a pain easer like that or implants of good quality are hard to obtain.

Perhaps I am wrong there? :)

Selendor
03-12-08, 11:49
Its very unlikely you would ever totally wreck a weapon, it will take years.

However if you are really concerned, then leave a free slot in the weapon, as you can, I believe, modify the weapon back to full condition once its at 0%/0%. Haven't tested it but thats what the Weapon Mods say they do.

IceStorm
03-12-08, 11:52
I find it a very annoying idea that my outstanding ultimated phosphor pain easer will not be available to use for ever.Why would you want an Outstanding Pain Easer? You want an Artifact Pain Easer. Oustanding sucks.
I understand that at some point the condition will reach 0% and it needs to be repaired, that's fine.My understanding is that you don't want to do the repair at 0%, but at something before it goes into the red percentages.
Is there anything I can do to slow it down? The only idea I have is to use the pain easer only for PvP, but that's just silly, I want to use it always...Trade/hunt for more Pain Easer parts, then get another one built.
I am under the impression that getting a pain easer like that or implants of good quality are hard to obtain.Not really. Go rare hunting and trade with other players for parts. There's an out-of-game database system around somewhere...

Powerpunsh
03-12-08, 11:56
There is one thing i dont really understand. I got some Weapons on my Tank and beside my CS they are all from Nc2. Every Weapon breaks, but my CS dont.

My CS still got xx/113% or something like this. All other weapons break like 100 times faster. :confused:
The CS was built @ Maldstrond in 2003. :angel:

SilentEye
03-12-08, 12:13
Why would you want an Outstanding Pain Easer? You want an Artifact Pain Easer. Oustanding sucks.
I'm not sure what the difference is? This pain easer was build back in Neocron 1 and I have it sitting in my gogo until I can use.

Riddle
03-12-08, 14:11
an Artifact weapon is a weapon with ALL 120% stats, outstanding is lower than that. ALthough i am very surprised someone modded it with an Ulti mod just to get Outstanding stats!

The best Pain Easer you can obtain imo, is a non modded All Arti 5 slot, you can mod all 3 additional ammo types if you want, a sexy laser sight and whatever else you want in the last slot.

Let's just say when you get higher up in the game, not in terms of level, but in terms of resources available to you (Cash, Items Etc) you will soon replace that Pain Easer for a new one or maybe even a Better weapon altogether.

I had a 2 slot Silent hunter on my spy years ago, loved it was my fav weapon. Now i have two five slots and several 4 slots in her appy. Needless to say the 2 slot i once cherished, is gathering dust somewhere in an apartment i haven't visited in some time!

SilentEye
03-12-08, 14:17
Sexy.

I didn't know that you could construct a weapon to 120% all around! That's just awesome! Maybe this was not available back with NC1? Which would explain the ultimated mod?

Hell-demon
03-12-08, 14:46
Epic weapons can be repaired to full will no repair degredation. Same with epic implants and copbot PA.

So get a Tsunami rifle if you're really worrying.

SilentEye
03-12-08, 16:17
Currently working on the tangent epic rifle, could anyone tell me what TL is or any other stats on it? :D

Hell-demon
03-12-08, 16:22
You ickle noob (http://www.techhaven.org/db/)

Riddle
03-12-08, 16:23
Currently working on the tangent epic rifle, could anyone tell me what TL is or any other stats on it? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif

All rifles (http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/rifles) Stats etc. care off www.techhaven.org (http://www.techhaven.org/)

and a spoiler! Tangent Epic Guide (http://wiki.techhaven.org/EpicGuide:Tangent_Technologies) Care of the WIKI (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Main_Page) if you need any pointers http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

Dam 1 minute!

As for the 120% build quality , you coould CST rares to 120% always. Only normal weapons have a capped CST value in NC1 and 2.

SilentEye
03-12-08, 16:34
Thanks for all the helpful info and links. Gonna continue working on the epic quest tonight so thanks! :D

Cool, I'm already at Mission 5 - Required Rank:40, what do they mean with rank 40?

Jaffo
03-12-08, 17:20
your rank can be found on your f5 menu

looks like this 45/45 << or 65/70** or similar.

the first one - 45/** is your combat rank and the second number **/45 is the rank that you have to be to do the mission so in your case you need the second number to be **/40 or above to do the mission.

SilentEye
03-12-08, 17:24
Cool thanks! Too bad I can't remember what exactly my rank is since I'm not at home!

Any way to find out without logging in? Haha!

Riddle
03-12-08, 17:25
Thanks for all the helpful info and links. Gonna continue working on the epic quest tonight so thanks! :D

Cool, I'm already at Mission 5 - Required Rank:40, what do they mean with rank 40?

Press F5 in game and you will see your rank.
it is two numbers X/Y
where X is your combat rank and Y is your overall Rank.

Your combat rank is generally generated from the weapon you use, i.e. how much damage you can do.

Your overall rank comes from the average of all your stats added up. This is the rank that allows you to continue on your epic mission.
for example a spy when capped will have 300 Levels, 100 Int & Dex, 40 Con & Str and 20 Psi. so thats 300 levels divided by 5 stats = rank 60.
This is the base rank, most capped chars will be up at 63 ish due to implants adding base skill.

Hope that helps.

SilentEye
03-12-08, 17:48
You guys are wonderful, truelly! Thanks for all the tips this is really getting me back in action!

I think I have 74 Intelligence, 40 Strength, 29 constitution, 74 dexterity and 15 psi use.

So that makes.... 46! Makes me high enough yaa!

Kanedax
03-12-08, 22:39
My balistics cpu is at 32%/32% :(

Cromac
03-12-08, 22:49
My balistics cpu is at 32%/32% :(

stop dying then ;)

IceStorm
04-12-08, 03:42
an Artifact weapon is a weapon with ALL 120% stats, outstanding is lower than that. ALthough i am very surprised someone modded it with an Ulti mod just to get Outstanding stats!Oh, if it's an NC1 weapon that explains it.

All of my ultimated weapons imported from NC1 "lost" their ultimated stat boost. I had a 120% Plasma Cannon and it's down to 106 on some stats now.

SilentEye
04-12-08, 09:49
I was mistaken, the Pain easer I have is Artifact Ultimated Phosphor Pain easer :) Only the accuracy is at 111% :) :D

Kanedax
04-12-08, 16:21
stop dying then ;)

You know I'm too n00b to do that. :cool:

Neo.x.phyte
10-12-08, 06:37

well look at your char are you XX/40 if not you cant start it lol